PDA

View Full Version : Champion of the Constitution (New video)

Matthew Zak
04-09-2011, 03:35 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bJ2pAaGYZbE

If you like it, share it. :)

Occam's Banana
04-09-2011, 03:49 PM
Adam Kokesh + Ron Paul = EPIC WIN !!

Shared.

Fantastic 'tube! Thanks.

PermanentSleep
04-09-2011, 03:51 PM
Loved it. Shared it. :)

+rep

Matthew Zak
04-09-2011, 04:00 PM
Awesome, glad you like. :)

QueenB4Liberty
04-09-2011, 04:10 PM
Great video. :D

Kregisen
04-09-2011, 04:26 PM
Fantastic! +rep

eOs
04-09-2011, 04:28 PM
There were fundamental flaws with the constitution when the framers created it and there are still flaws with it today, it's not a perfect document. But other than that good video.

Matthew Zak
04-09-2011, 04:30 PM
There were fundamental flaws with the constitution when the framers created it and there are still flaws with it today, it's not a perfect document. But other than that good video.

Still, he made an oath to protect it, and all he's done is shit all over it. :(

heavenlyboy34
04-09-2011, 04:37 PM

+rep

nayjevin
First let me say the video is very well done.

Here's what I thought of when watching:

I wonder if Obama is referring to this:

(Representatives and direct Taxes shall be apportioned among the several States which may be included within this Union, according to their respective Numbers, which shall be determined by adding to the whole Number of free Persons, including those bound to Service for a Term of Years, and excluding Indians not taxed, three fifths of all other Persons.)

And not everyone knows this:

(The previous sentence in parentheses was modified by the 14th Amendment, section 2.)

http://www.usconstitution.net/const.html

And there happen to be two bald white guys in the video. So the video will likely be most effective to white people.

Does that sound cynical? It's a good video, I did like it. And of course I know Ron's no racist, but unfortunately that message calls for treading lightly.

Racism is simply an ugly form of collectivism, the mindset that views humans strictly as members of groups rather than individuals. Racists believe that all individuals who share superficial physical characteristics are alike: as collectivists, racists think only in terms of groups. -- Ron Paul

http://www.lewrockwell.com/paul/paul381.html

BucksforPaul
+ rep and rated. Great video!

Lothario
04-09-2011, 04:47 PM
I liked the Ron Paul part, but I fear the rhetoric of Kokesh and Giamatti is far too complex for any layman to comprehend any of it. As always, Ron's message is so much more simple and cogent.

Theocrat
04-09-2011, 04:56 PM
The video has a mixed message in it. It shows some examples of anarchy to portray that that is what the "Ron Paul Revolution" is all about. If the video was created by an anarchist, then it definitely shows. However, that is not what getting Congressman Paul elected is about. It's about a return to the principle of limited government under the rule of law.

Ironically, some of Obama's comments against the Constitution in the beginning of that video could easily pour forth from some anarchists' lips. They see it as a flawed document, which, really, no one has any obligation to obey. They say things like "Following a piece of paper will not change things," or "We need to think beyond using statist documents to secure liberty." So it only makes me curious as to whom in the "Revolution" is there for Congressman Paul's goals, or if they are using his name to springboard their own agenda.

Other than that, it was an insightful video.

MikeStanart
04-09-2011, 04:56 PM
YEAHHH! For Liberty!!!!!! Lets get this revolution started up again!

Matthew Zak
04-09-2011, 05:03 PM
The video has a mixed message in it. It shows some examples of anarchy to portray that that is what the "Ron Paul Revolution" is all about. If the video was created by an anarchist, then it definitely shows. However, that is not what getting Congressman Paul elected is about. It's about a return to the principle of limited government under the rule of law.

Ironically, some of Obama's comments against the Constitution in the beginning of that video could easily pour forth from some anarchists' lips. They see it as a flawed document, which, really, no one has any obligation to obey. They say things like "Following a piece of paper will not change things," or "We need to think beyond using statist documents to secure liberty." So it only makes me curious as to whom in the "Revolution" is there for Congressman Paul's goals, or if they are using his name to springboard their own agenda.

Other than that, it was an insightful video.

The riot clips were from V for Vendetta. Really it is about resisting Tyranny. I'm not an anarchist, but if we have to go through Anarchy for a minute to get to freedom, I do so gladly.

Occam's Banana
04-09-2011, 05:34 PM
The video has a mixed message in it. It shows some examples of anarchy to portray that that is what the "Ron Paul Revolution" is all about. If the video was created by an anarchist, then it definitely shows.

Anarchy? :confused:

Maybe this is a case of finding what you're looking for.

What you saw as "examples of anarchy" I saw as "examples of police-state brutality."

(I assume we're referencing the same scenes - if we're not, then I'm not sure what scenes you're referring to.)

Theocrat
04-09-2011, 05:40 PM
Anarchy? :confused:

Maybe this is a case of finding what you're looking for.

What you saw as "examples of anarchy" I saw as "examples of police-state brutality."

(I assume we're referencing the same scenes - if we're not, then I'm not sure what scenes you're referring to.)

Yes, I think we're both referencing the same scenes. Perhaps it's just a matter of interpretation, as well. I could be wrong about the intent of the video, too. It's just what I thought about when I viewed it. I think to an average viewer, who knows nothing about the "Ron Paul Revolution," it does portray an element of anarchy as the solution to our tyrannical government (at least in the beginning of the video).

CUnknown
04-09-2011, 05:55 PM
I loved it. Yes, there are flaws in the Constitution, but that's not what I want to hear my President talking about. I want to hear about how he's going to defend the good parts. I want to hear how he's going to be faithful to it, despite the flaws.

We've gone so far away from respecting the Constitution that I think a near fundamentalist and literalist approach is what's called for right now. Once rule of law is restored, then we can talk about what parts we might want to change.

Occam's Banana
04-09-2011, 06:11 PM
Yes, I think we're both referencing the same scenes. Perhaps it's just a matter of interpretation, as well. I could be wrong about the intent of the video, too. It's just what I thought about when I viewed it. I think to an average viewer, who knows nothing about the "Ron Paul Revolution," it does portray an element of anarchy as the solution to our tyrannical government (at least in the beginning of the video).

OK, I can see what you're getting at. I think you're right about it being a matter of interpretation.

The context we bring with us into our experiences matters a LOT.
Our context includes our general attitudes, worldview & temperament, our range-of-the-moment moods & feelings, and everything in between.
This pretty much guarantees that many "inputs" will be experienced quite differently by different people - even when the "inputs" are identical.
Especially when it comes to emotionally- & ideologically-charged subjects like politics.

Texan4Life
04-09-2011, 06:24 PM
Epic.. love the music that starts @ 4:40

Matthew Zak
04-09-2011, 07:06 PM
I wasn't going for anarchy, I was trying to say that it's urgent we resist tyranny, and showing how Tyranny is real, and here.

Matthew Zak
04-09-2011, 09:29 PM
Wow, this video is taking off like my video from '07. :P

Thanks for the views and likes people. :)

Theocrat
04-09-2011, 09:32 PM
I wasn't going for anarchy, I was trying to say that it's urgent we resist tyranny, and showing how Tyranny is real, and here.

Thanks for clearing that up.

Matthew Zak
04-09-2011, 09:38 PM
Thanks for clearing that up.

But you know the funny thing is, after reading your post I did some introspective thinking and I realized there is actually a part of me that would prefer anarchy to the system that way have. Maybe the feeling you're getting from the video is a reflection of some subconscious desire that I have? Who knows. :P

I really do prefer a peaceful revolution though.

JVParkour
04-09-2011, 09:45 PM
Great video, but you spelled "Noble" incorrectly. You put "nobile." Not a huge deal, but takes away a bit of the professionalism in my opinion. But I LOVED IT! Good Job!

Matthew Zak
04-09-2011, 10:27 PM
Great video, but you spelled "Noble" incorrectly. You put "nobile." Not a huge deal, but takes away a bit of the professionalism in my opinion. But I LOVED IT! Good Job!

Ahhhhhhhhhhh shit!!!!!!!!!!!!

I ALWAYS do that when I make videos. I'm so terrible at spelling. lol

Matthew Zak
04-09-2011, 10:28 PM

Haha you know, technically........

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nobile

Matthew Zak
04-09-2011, 11:35 PM
I am as motivated as I was in '07!!!!!!