View Full Version : Reminder: Running on a Third Party Ticket Will Not Work

AGRP
04-09-2011, 11:36 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S5ZRRimf3Ps

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lQQ--ju7Vxk&feature=player_embedded

FrankRep
04-09-2011, 11:39 AM
Third Parties are joke, until this happens:

Constitution Party, Libertarian Party, Tea Party Alliance - TRUE Third Party Initiative
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?286967-Constitution-Party-Libertarian-Party-Tea-Party-Alliance-TRUE-Third-Party-Initiative

Aratus
04-09-2011, 11:40 AM
true...

gerryb
04-09-2011, 01:20 PM
+1

Anyone who says it does have a chance has not done the first step of organizing locally in their district.
(Or their district is a huge abberation and is a libertarian paradise)

AGRP
04-09-2011, 04:19 PM
:collins:

TheeJoeGlass
04-09-2011, 04:23 PM
It depends on the goal. If the goal is winning, then no, he will not win as a third party. But If Paul is to frame the debate, then why not. But he would lose his spot in the party, no?

pcosmar
04-09-2011, 04:29 PM
Has not worked in the past=/= won't work.

A great many folks are disgusted with both parties.

Many do not, or have not voted out of disgust for the choices available.

Many are feeling the pain of poor decision making.

The right man with the right message could win regardless of party.

anaconda
04-09-2011, 04:32 PM
The pink elephant in the Forum that no one will talk about is the leverage Ron would have with the GOP by always threatening a third party run in this election cycle. He could likely hand the election to the Democrats, as the polls have suggested. Unlike in 2008, when asked if he would consider a third party run, he should be adamant that if the GOP fails to nominate a true conservative, then he will offer himself as a conservative choice to the American People. This will put great pressure on the GOP to make platform concessions in our favor.

jtstellar
04-09-2011, 04:32 PM
but the genius universal healthcare supporter jesse The ventura says ron paul should do it.. why don't we listen to this genius

pcosmar
04-09-2011, 04:52 PM
but the genius universal healthcare supporter jesse The ventura says ron paul should do it.. why don't we listen to this genius

No interest in Ventura.

but I did follow Ron Paul's advice and endorsement of Third Party last time around.

And if Ron is not the "R"s candidate this time around I can guarantee I will not be voting "R".

libertybrewcity
04-09-2011, 06:51 PM
Third parties are not a viable body in American politics. If you are libertarian, run as a Republican. Let's make these issues mainstream so we can change what is means to be a Republican. If you live in a liberal district, run as a classic liberal and change the Democratic Party.

Agorism
04-09-2011, 06:57 PM
I voted third party last time, and I will probably vote third party this time too.

But hopefully we have a good candidate to vote for in the R primary as well.

MN Patriot
04-09-2011, 07:53 PM
Third parties are not a viable body in American politics. If you are libertarian, run as a Republican. Let's make these issues mainstream so we can change what is means to be a Republican. If you live in a liberal district, run as a classic liberal and change the Democratic Party.

Seems Orwellian to me. Libertarians are Republicans and conservatives are classic liberals. Labels and words mean nothing apparently.

Can we really create liberty with deception and obfuscation?