PDA

View Full Version : Constitution Party, Libertarian Party, Tea Party Alliance - TRUE Third Party Initiative

FrankRep
04-09-2011, 11:33 AM
Who here supports the idea of these three groups opening up a dialog about creating a Real Third Party to challenge (and beat) the Republican / Democrat political Establishment?

Right now, the Constitution Party (http://constitutionparty.com/) and Libertarian Party (http://www.lp.org/) are a joke in terms of political power.

That's all I ask for, just open up a dialog about the idea.

Contact the Constitution Party!
contact@constitutionparty.com

Contact the Libertarian Party!
chair@lp.org

nate895
04-09-2011, 11:36 AM
You stole my idea.

I've got friends in the copyright office that will be contacting you. /sarcasm

Aratus
04-09-2011, 11:39 AM
the Tea Party Alliance can pull at TEA PARTY EXPRESS people?
the Libertarian Party is able to pull at INDEPENDENT VOTERs...??
the Constitution Party pulls in MANY of the Au~H2O people...???

cindy25
04-09-2011, 11:43 AM
if a 3rd party candidate is viewed as viable 2-3 weeks before election day they have a chance.

FrankRep
04-09-2011, 11:45 AM
if a 3rd party candidate is viewed as viable 2-3 weeks before election day they have a chance.
Third Parties will not win the election with 4% of the vote.

s35wf
04-09-2011, 12:02 PM
Third Parties will not win the election with 4% of the vote.

Third parties NEED to be able to get into the debates & on the ballots;which is why i keep posting this:

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?286013-Petition-Campaign-for-2012-Election!-What-do-you-think-about-quot-Americal-Elect-quot (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?286013-Petition-Campaign-for-2012-Election%21-What-do-you-think-about-quot-Americal-Elect-quot)

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?286943-If-Ron-runs-for-POTUS-again-and-isn-t-nominated-is-it-time-for-a-3rd-party/page2

No one appears to be listening though :confused::(

FrankRep
04-09-2011, 12:05 PM
Third parties NEED to be able to get into the debates & on the ballots;which is why i keep posting this:

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?286013-Petition-Campaign-for-2012-Election!-What-do-you-think-about-quot-Americal-Elect-quot

No one appears to be listening though :confused::(

Third parties NEED to form a Coalition, otherwise, they're just wasting everyone's time and money.

BarryDonegan
04-09-2011, 12:07 PM
Even with a coalition, there would need to be state-by-state legislative reform to make a third party win possible, no matter how much money or even public support the party might have. It just isn't viable as a 2012 thing.

To look at an idea like this realistically, there would need to be a push for legislative reform with each state having a unique bill to overcome the unfair rules that either fail to recognize a third party or afford special privileges to a major party. Then there would have to be such a powerful public push that both parties break from their caucuses and vote to make sure they have a viable third opponent to their next election. It just is a really hard thing to convince them to do, and that's why it doesn't happen.

FrankRep
04-09-2011, 12:11 PM
Even with a coalition, there would need to be state-by-state legislative reform to make a third party win possible, no matter how much money or even public support the party might have. It just isn't viable as a 2012 thing.

I just want to get the ball rolling.

I highly doubt the CP, LP, and TP could hammer out a solid alliance by 2012.

thehighwaymanq
04-09-2011, 12:45 PM
I think this is super important, even if they don't stand a chance of winning. It begins the dialogue of third parties against the Big Two. Just like the dialogue is starting now of legitimate government cuts. Even if it fails, it begins conversation more than we've ever seen.

Brett85
04-09-2011, 12:58 PM
Such a party would simply take away votes from the Republican Party. They still wouldn't ever win anything.

s35wf
04-09-2011, 01:14 PM

To look at an idea like this realistically, there would need to be a push for legislative reform with each state having a unique bill to overcome the unfair rules that either fail to recognize a third party or afford special privileges to a major party. Then there would have to be such a powerful public push that both parties break from their caucuses and vote to make sure they have a viable third opponent to their next election. It just is a really hard thing to convince them to do, and that's why it doesn't happen.

Ummmm Isnt this what i've been telling you guys is CURRENTLY HAPPENING with this PETITION CAMPAIGN!!! HELLO IS ANYONE OUT THERE ACTUALLY LISTENING????

"We NEED ALL of US to not only campaign for Ron to get him thru the primaries as a Republican, but also AT the SAME Time, We ALL Need to become active in this so that we are prepared in advance for what they've done to us in their two party "system" So when that day comes WE HAVE A SAY in getting "someone" decent be it Ron or ________. To be in debates as a Independent:

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?286013-Petition-Campaign-for-2012-Election!-What-do-you-think-about-quot-Americal-Elect-quot (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?286013-Petition-Campaign-for-2012-Election%21-What-do-you-think-about-quot-Americal-Elect-quot)

Starting in CA, then from what I've been informed will spread nationally! Told the FL (miami/dade county) area will be opening up end of May. FL (orlando/central FL area, probably May/June).

Need to follow progress from this in ALL States & become active in it!"

heavenlyboy34
04-09-2011, 01:20 PM
Such a party would simply take away votes from the Republican Party. They still wouldn't ever win anything.

This^^ The establishment in both major parties and their assorted cronies have nothing to gain from allowing competition. Thus, it will never happen. Focus on local victories and pushing back against the fascists at the national level.

anaconda
04-09-2011, 04:44 PM
In the 2008 Presidential general election, the Libertarian and Constitution parties' nominees combined for 0.55% of the popular vote. So they would appear to be insignificant.

FrankRep
04-09-2011, 04:49 PM
In the 2008 Presidential general election, the Libertarian and Constitution parties' nominees combined for 0.55% of the popular vote. So they would appear to be insignificant.

No strategically minded person will vote for a small third party because it's a logical impossibility to win.

AuH20
04-09-2011, 04:51 PM
We'd have to buy a major network in order to jumpstart a third party. A third party will simply be blacked out in terms of media exposure.

FrankRep
04-09-2011, 04:55 PM
We'd have to buy a major network in order to jumpstart a third party. A third party will simply be blacked out in terms of media exposure.

No doubt. However, if we did buy a major network, the other networks would run a major smear campaigns against it by saying the Radical Right Extremists have hijacked the XYZ Network.

The Council on Foreign Relations has a tight grip on the News outlets.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aO8OnxEld3M

anaconda
04-09-2011, 05:22 PM
No strategically minded person will vote for a small third party because it's a logical impossibility to win.

If their strategy is to grow the party or vote their conscience they would. I voted for Ron Paul in 2008 as an official write in candidate on the California ballot. I think the Tea Party and Ron Paul supporters might combine for a viable 3rd Party. My point was only that I don't know that getting Libertarian Party voters and Constitution Party voters on board would help significantly.

tpreitzel
04-09-2011, 05:22 PM
As a parallel effort to retaking the leadership of the GOP from neoconservatives and liberals, this idea is probably worth pursuing. Personally, I'm in favor of any initiative that involves surrounding our enemies.

MN Patriot
04-09-2011, 05:45 PM

And what has the Republican Party done differently than the Democratic Party? They talk like libertarians but govern like Democrats. This latest budget flop proves it. $33 billion is hardly anything to brag about. Republicans will just socialize us a little slower than the Democrats. The word "conservative" means to conserve the status quo, and that is pretty much what the Republicans are about, maintaining our corporatist/fascist government.

I say YES, open up a dialog with the CP, LP and any other libertarian leaning parties. I have no confidence in the Establishment controlled Republican Party. We need a truly independent party, the Establishment fears that for a good reason. They want us to support their Republican Party.

And if a third party fails, well at least we tried something different. But if it succeeds...

MozoVote
04-09-2011, 09:22 PM
Ideological purity has kept the Constitution and Libertarian parties apart and will continue to do so. No way will they be able to paper over their differences on abortion and illegal immigration.

Carehn
04-09-2011, 09:29 PM
This is just a bad idea. Compromising at this point just cant be the answer when its been the problem all this time. At this point with the way the laws are you can run and win as a dem or rep but nothing more. If all those three now got together and took over the republican party or the democrats i guess they could argue over who gets what after they kicked the zombies out.

Thats actually happening now at least in my neck of the woods. The local party has been taken in this county and most of the other ones.

freshjiva
04-09-2011, 09:37 PM
The only way we can create a true third party large enough to be a force is by forging an alliance with the Left.

This means a Libertarian/Progressive alliance.

However, this would mean compromise. Libertarians would have to give up their goal of slashing domestic spending, and Progressives would have to give up their goal of raising taxes and increasing regulations.

I have no problem with an administration that achieves nothing but a foreign policy of free trade and nonintervention, tax cuts, repealing excess regulations, and returning to a true gold standard. All of these things can be accomodated by the Left if it includes something like instituting free college tuition for all citizens and free healthcare insurance for all, regardless of preexisting conditions.

A Paul/Nader alliance would be something very interesting.

low preference guy
04-09-2011, 09:40 PM
I have no problem with an administration that achieves nothing but a foreign policy of free trade and nonintervention, tax cuts, repealing excess regulations, and returning to a true gold standard. All of these things can be accomodated by the Left if it includes something like instituting free college tuition for all citizens and free healthcare insurance for all, regardless of preexisting conditions.

I don't think completely destroying America's health care system is something we should accept as a condition to cut interventionism. What you're proposing is worse than the status quo.

freshjiva
04-09-2011, 09:47 PM
I don't think completely destroying America's health care system is something we should accept as a condition to cut interventionism. What you're proposing is worse than the status quo.

I'm not endorsing any of that. I want a completely free market in healthcare. But that tidbit is what the compromise would entail IF you want to see taxes cut, Fed audited and abolished, wars and military intervention ended, PATRIOT Act repealed, drug wars ended, and sound money restored.

Thereafter, in order to cover all Americans with healthcare insurance and free college education, we all pay 5%, 15%, or 25% progressive income tax. I want to see all taxes abolished, but for what we're getting in return, that's a pretty amazing deal.

Original_Intent
04-09-2011, 10:03 PM
I think the LP would find itself the red headed stepchild of such an alliance. I could see the CP and the Tea Party getting along just fine. A few LP remarks about abortion or some of the more militant atheists and I bet 90%+ of the CP and the current Tea Party would want nothing to do with them.

Theocrat
04-09-2011, 10:05 PM
Who here supports the idea of these three groups opening up a dialog about creating a Real Third Party to challenge (and beat) the Republican / Democrat political Establishment?

Right now, the Constitution Party (http://constitutionparty.com/) and Libertarian Party (http://www.lp.org/) are a joke in terms of political power.

That's all I ask for, just open up a dialog about the idea.

This is just a reminder to those who believe third parties are irrelevant to our political process:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vkzP0zDzbWk

White Bear Lake
04-09-2011, 10:10 PM
The GOP would have to nominate someone that pisses off the Tea Party so much (**cough*romney**cough*cough**) that they'd split off on their own and at this point we'd jump in and try to steer them our way. We'd actually be better off if the GOP nominated Romney than someone like Palin or Bachmann who would keep the tea party glued to the GOP. Nominate Romney who would pretty much alienate the base and the entire South and all bets are off as to what the Tea Party would do.

Carehn
04-09-2011, 10:11 PM
This is just a reminder to those who believe third parties are irrelevant to our political process:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vkzP0zDzbWk
I love the video. Its true in its way i just don't see the vast majority of people ever voting for anyone other then one of the 2 partys. The TV said thats throwing away a vote. You don't think they will argue with the TV do you?

FrankRep
04-09-2011, 11:43 PM
I love the video. Its true in its way i just don't see the vast majority of people ever voting for anyone other then one of the 2 partys. The TV said thats throwing away a vote. You don't think they will argue with the TV do you?

Professor Carroll Quigley explains why United States Policy doesn't change:

http://www.redicecreations.com/ul_img/1625cfrquigley.jpg

The argument that the two parties should represent opposed ideals and policies, one, perhaps, of the Right and the other of the Left, is a foolish idea acceptable only to the doctrinaire and academic thinkers. Instead, the two parties should be almost identical, so that the American people can "throw the rascals out" at any election without leading to any profound or extreme shifts in policy. Then it should be possible to replace it, every four years if necessary, by the other party, which will be none of these things but will still pursue, with new vigor, approximately the same basic policies.

- Professor Carroll Quigley, Tragedy and Hope (http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/094500110X/ref=as_li_ss_tl?ie=UTF8&tag=libert0f-20&linkCode=as2&camp=1789&creative=390957&creativeASIN=094500110X) (1966), p. 1247-1248

madfoot
04-10-2011, 12:40 AM
haha the constitution party is terrible. you realize they're a bunch of theocrats, right?

Sola_Fide
04-10-2011, 01:59 AM
haha the constitution party is terrible. you realize they're a bunch of theocrats, right?

First, the CP is not all theocrats. Second, theocrats are libertarians. Howard Phillips, Chuck Baldwin, etc. are libertarians. The founding generation was more theocratic than you can believe, and it was the most free.

cindy25
04-10-2011, 02:13 AM
party itself means nothing except for ballot access; what is important is the message, the messenger and perceived viability. Americans-unlike most people worldwide-have a thing about wasting their vote. so the two big govt parties just keep their duopoly

Mach
04-10-2011, 02:13 AM
This is a good example of what we are up against......

http://www.thehighroad.org/archive/index.php/t-106010.html

Oct. 14th 2004

What did I think of the debate?.... what debate?

Presidential Candidates Arrested, Media Silent - by Lex Concord

Is America still a free country?

What if some other country were having an election, and citizens were only allowed to hear from two government-approved candidates?

What if two other candidates, on the ballot in a majority of states and representing parties that drew over 3 million votes in the previous election, were arrested simply for trying to enter a debate?

What if all that happened, and the "watchdog" news media didn't tell the citizens about it?

Well, it happened in the good old US of A! Libertarian Michael Badnarik (on 49 state ballots) and Green David Cobb (on 28 state ballots), crossed a police line in St. Louis, and were arrested.

You would think that Fox News, CNN, ABC, NBC, CBS, and MSNBC would be all over this affront to the democratic process, but no, not a peep.

Badnarik was also attempting to serve the Commission on Presidential Debates with a "Show Cause Order," issued by an Arizona judge, requiring the CPD to appear at a hearing concerning the Libertarian Party's lawsuit to stop the upcoming debate at Arizona State University, as an illegal campaign contribution to Bush and Kerry, an unconstitutional use of Arizona state funds to support selected candidates, and a violation of the LP's equal protection rights, since they are a recognized political party in Arizona.

If this happened in some other country, what would we call them? Undemocratic? Human rights violations? Unbelievable?

If you think America is a free country, you are sadly mistaken. If you think the news media aren't controlled by the same people who control the Democrat and Republican parties, think again.

madfoot
04-10-2011, 12:35 PM
Second, theocrats are libertarians.

lol no

FrankRep
04-10-2011, 12:40 PM

Did you know Ron Paul endorsed Chuck Baldwin (http://chuckbaldwinlive.com/), the 2008 candidate for the Constitution Party?

Ron Paul Endorses Chuck Baldwin for President
http://www.ronpaul.com/2008-09-23/ron-paul-endorses-chuck-baldwin-for-president/

Brett85
04-10-2011, 12:42 PM
[QUOTE=MN Patriot;3200823]This latest budget flop proves it. $33 billion is hardly anything to brag about. QUOTE]

It's actually the largest spending cut in the history of our country. It doesn't go nearly far enough, but if the Democrats were in control of everything we would have Stimulus Part 2.

Sola_Fide
04-10-2011, 12:45 PM
Did you know Ron Paul endorsed Chuck Baldwin (http://chuckbaldwinlive.com/), the 2008 candidate for the Constitution Party?

Ron Paul Endorses Chuck Baldwin for President
http://www.ronpaul.com/2008-09-23/ron-paul-endorses-chuck-baldwin-for-president/

No, he didn't know that.

madfoot
04-10-2011, 01:14 PM
I don't really care, either.

Sola_Fide
04-10-2011, 01:18 PM
I don't really care, either.

We see that.

TNforPaul45
04-10-2011, 01:36 PM
Third parties NEED to form a Coalition, otherwise, they're just wasting everyone's time and money.

Frank I have been screaming this very fact from the mountain tops for a couple of years now. If ALL the third parties came together and unified on a platform of eliminating as much of government as possible, then they may attract enough support to be a viable third party. The groundwork that the liberty movement and Ron Paul have laid down is, hopefull, in anticipation of this very fact. I don't know how much longer these independent parties are going to stand by and keep allowing themselves to be marginalized by the Federalist Party (Democrats + Republicans) due to their own in-fighting over insignificant differences.

Those small differences that are keeping the various groups apart are now pale in comparison to the HUGE problem that the Government is creating for us all. If we cannot get Ron through on the mainstream political channels this go around, then afterwards, it's time for us all to form a Liberty Congress and form a solid alternative through a new Political Party.

FrankRep
04-23-2011, 06:01 PM
GOP Kingmakers Wipe Tea Party Seats Off Map (http://www.newsmax.com/InsideCover/TeaParty-redistricting-Housefreshmen-endangeredseats/2011/04/23/id/393854)

News Max
23 Apr 2011

Tea party lawmakers are being targeted for elimination by their own party, as old-guard Republicans use the Census-mandated redistricting process to erase seats won by last year’s upstarts, the National Journal (http://nationaljournal.com/magazine/tea-party-may-face-redistricting-defeats-20110422) reports.

===========

My Solution:

Constitution Party, Libertarian Party, Tea Party Alliance - TRUE Third Party Initiative

speciallyblend
04-23-2011, 06:06 PM
been pushing this for years but i suspect the ego's in those parties will never allow this to happen! In colorado if you combined the 3rd parties and the indys with ron paul republicans and democrats? the gop would be the 3rd party and the new coalition would be the 2nd party aka Liberty Party . something tells me the gop will elect obama and we are sitting in 2012 with no one to vote for in the gop!! hopefully i am wrong but seeing the gop's track record i have to shake my head!

speciallyblend
04-23-2011, 06:08 PM
Frank I have been screaming this very fact from the mountain tops for a couple of years now. If ALL the third parties came together and unified on a platform of eliminating as much of government as possible, then they may attract enough support to be a viable third party. The groundwork that the liberty movement and Ron Paul have laid down is, hopefull, in anticipation of this very fact. I don't know how much longer these independent parties are going to stand by and keep allowing themselves to be marginalized by the Federalist Party (Democrats + Republicans) due to their own in-fighting over insignificant differences.

Those small differences that are keeping the various groups apart are now pale in comparison to the HUGE problem that the Government is creating for us all. If we cannot get Ron through on the mainstream political channels this go around, then afterwards, it's time for us all to form a Liberty Congress and form a solid alternative through a new Political Party.

100% agree ,at the national level , the gop is in a do or die situation! As for states we still have some say but the national gop leadership reminds me of trump,one big fat joke on our country!!!

heavenlyboy34
04-23-2011, 06:12 PM
GOP Kingmakers Wipe Tea Party Seats Off Map (http://www.newsmax.com/InsideCover/TeaParty-redistricting-Housefreshmen-endangeredseats/2011/04/23/id/393854)

News Max
23 Apr 2011

Tea party lawmakers are being targeted for elimination by their own party, as old-guard Republicans use the Census-mandated redistricting process to erase seats won by last year’s upstarts, the National Journal (http://nationaljournal.com/magazine/tea-party-may-face-redistricting-defeats-20110422) reports.

===========

My Solution:

Constitution Party, Libertarian Party, Tea Party Alliance - TRUE Third Party Initiative

Why does this coalition have to be a bunch of "right wing" parties? Why not embrace the Green party, Pirate party, and other "left" groups?

FrankRep
04-23-2011, 06:16 PM
Why does this coalition have to be a bunch of "right wing" parties? Why not embrace the Green party, Pirate party, and other "left" groups?

Leftist = Big Government

AuH20
04-23-2011, 06:18 PM

Do those parties want to bury the keys of centralized power or capture them for their own agenda? I'm sure the Green Party would love to expand the power of the EPA to an unfathomable scope. We should ally with anyone who wants to take a step forward to us, in decentralizing the government behemoth, which includes its' military and domestic components.

heavenlyboy34
04-23-2011, 06:19 PM
Leftist = Big Government

So? Same with "rightist". Get out of the false right/left dichotomy. Libertarianism began as a left-wing radical movement.

heavenlyboy34
04-23-2011, 06:21 PM
Do those parties want to bury the keys of centralized power or capture them for their own agenda? I'm sure the Green Party would love to expand the power of the EPA to an unfathomable scope. We should ally with anyone who wants to take a step forward to us, in decentralizing the government behemoth, which includes its' military and domestic components.

I don't know. But I'm not so quick to dismiss them because we disagree on some things. The Pirate party, for example, takes the correct stance on piracy laws.

ETA: Here's the GP platform (http://www.gp.org/committees/platform/2010/democracy.php#316100). I dislike much of it, but there are some things I agree with.

FrankRep
04-23-2011, 06:21 PM
So? Same with "rightist". Get out of the false right/left dichotomy. Libertarianism began as a left-wing radical movement.
This WHOLE thread is about breaking away from the GOP Establishment because they are Big Government.

HOLLYWOOD
04-23-2011, 06:24 PM
WE'VE been pushing this for years ;)

The 3rd parties need to unite, pool the Grassroots, Money, candidates, Marketing and Sales, resources, etc. Then if the clowns at fasco-corporate media sabotage or ignore the 3rd party united, it will be obvious that the Duopoly has the false impression controlling it all and American ignorance a wake up call.

been pushing this for years but i suspect the ego's in those parties will never allow this to happen! In colorado if you combined the 3rd parties and the indys with ron paul republicans and democrats? the gop would be the 3rd party and the new coalition would be the 2nd party aka Liberty Party . something tells me the gop will elect obama and we are sitting in 2012 with no one to vote for in the gop!! hopefully i am wrong but seeing the gop's track record i have to shake my head!

speciallyblend
04-23-2011, 06:27 PM

no problem having them in our folds. I kinda of lumped them into 3rd parties and indys in my mind but yeah liberty has no party!!

AuH20
04-23-2011, 06:29 PM
no problem having them in our folds. I kinda of lumped them into 3rd parties and indys in my mind but yeah liberty has no party!!

Unfortunately, the definition of liberty varies from group to group. Some of that liberty is extracted from others'.

speciallyblend
04-23-2011, 06:37 PM
Unfortunately, the definition of liberty varies from group to group. Some of that liberty is extracted from others'.

that is why we would have a platform;)

demolama
04-23-2011, 07:01 PM
Won't happen... LP purist split from the LP and created the Boston Tea Party because the LP gutted their platform in 2006 to be "more electable." The LP went from selecting good solid constitutionalists like Harry Browne and Micheal Badnarik to Bob Barr. I would expect more of the same from them.

speciallyblend
04-23-2011, 07:05 PM
Won't happen... LP purist split from the LP and created the Boston Tea Party because the LP gutted their platform in 2006 to be "more electable." The LP went from selecting good solid constitutionalists like Harry Browne and Micheal Badnarik to Bob Barr. I would expect more of the same from them.

so what is the back up plan in 2012? play ps3 and do not bother voting? i mean i am going to vote so i will vote 3rd party instead of 2 evils!!! I guess no back up plan for the gop corruption!!

FrankRep
04-23-2011, 07:05 PM

I guess EGO is more important than saving America from destruction.

speciallyblend
07-05-2011, 05:26 PM
blimpin in case the gop alienates ron paul again!!

Carehn
07-05-2011, 06:08 PM
Its going to be hard to get Libertarians such as myself, to cave into any of the demands the bible party would want me to compromise on. Now if they all want to cave in and simply support a Libertarian platform, ya i guess I could work with them.

BarryDonegan
07-05-2011, 09:59 PM
Third parties need 1000000x as much money just to get on the ballot(exaggeratedly). The Republican party works just fine as long as the candidate is good. Long term, this is great, as a strategy for any election in the next 10-20 years, not going to happen.

TCE
07-05-2011, 10:40 PM
There are two possibly viable solutions I see:

1. Libertarian and Constitution Party combine. The Green Party along with all of the other minor ones will probably not agree to combine, but the CP and LP have enough in common that they have no excuse not to join forces. The abortion issue alone, something that will realistically never be important since a Constitutional Amendment will never pass, should not be the deal-breaker. Get all of these people together, and start hammering out fund-raising opportunities and a plan.

2. Create another Free State Project. One party should get as many party members to move to a particular state and copy the FSP. They could probably become a presence in a small state, such as Montana, with 5,000 people or so. The alternative would be to solely focus on one state and go all-in on that one state for each election. Ignore the hopeless ones, such as California, Illinois, and New York, and focus on the smaller states where an advertising dollar stretches further.

Either way, the Third Parties need to look themselves in the mirror and realize some kind of seismic change needs to occur for them to be relevant.

Pauls' Revere
07-05-2011, 10:49 PM
I like the idea, odds are long but I like it. Wouldnt happen overnight so if your in for the long haul.

Peace&Freedom
07-06-2011, 12:02 AM
Third parties are relevant. They have seeded, over decades, the base of pro-liberty activists who made up the backbone of the Ron Paul movement that emerged in 2007-8, and now. They are the ones who remained firm and true to libertarian and constitutional principle when other movements were co-opted by establishment controlled GOP and Democratic parties. The third party ideological systems vet the real-deal liberty people whom we can trust, if ever elected, to legislate as they campaign--as opposed to the initial legislative record of the Tea party candidates so far elected, of whom 90% vote EXACTLY like hack Republicans (more Fed, more war, more Patriot act, etc).

In a country where 95% of districts at all levels are structured to ensure a Democrat or Republican hack gets elected, third parties are shut out before they even try. It's mainly not their fault they are structurally boxed out of having a winning vote, whereas the dismal performance of the GOP IN office IS their fault. How's the Republican record of decades of endless failure working for you? I'll compare the 40 years of electoral "irrelevance" of the LP anytime, against the 80+ years of legislative irrelevance of the GOP in reversing any aspect of the welfare-warfare state. Their total lack of progress with changing anything, makes any talk of getting elected in order to be "relevant" a shopworn sham.

Badger Paul
07-06-2011, 06:40 AM
Their activists need to helping Ron Paul if they want to make a difference.

speciallyblend
07-06-2011, 07:14 AM
Their activists need to helping Ron Paul if they want to make a difference.

so when the gop alienates ron paul in 2012 again and again. We should just say we made a difference and call it a day! and wait till next time.

IDefendThePlatform
04-01-2012, 10:58 AM

Unless Ron Paul was their nominee....

Bumping this thread cuz it seems relevant again.

IDefendThePlatform
04-01-2012, 11:26 AM
Bump

FrankRep
11-04-2012, 11:10 AM
I still support this idea.

presence
11-04-2012, 11:18 AM
I don't necessarily agree with alliance amongst the parties to get their platforms streamlined, but I do agree with alliances to change the legal structure, creating a more even playing field and 3rd party accessibility. For that matter, the Leftist Green Party and the Reform Party need to be invited to the alliance as well.

FrankRep
11-04-2012, 11:22 AM
For that matter, the Leftist Green Party and the Reform Party need to be invited to the alliance as well.

The Green Party rejects limited government and the Constitution. I'll have to reject the Green Party.

presence
11-04-2012, 11:40 AM
The Green Party rejects limited government and the Constitution. I'll have to reject the Green Party.

Don't bite off your nose to spite your face; I can agree I don't support their politics, but I still support their right to be recognized, debate, appear on ballots, etc.

FrankRep
11-04-2012, 11:45 AM
Don't bite off your nose to spite your face; I can agree I don't support their politics, but I still support their right to be recognized, debate, appear on ballots, etc.

I want a consolidated third party consisting of the Constitution, Libertarian, and Tea Party.

A real third party.

TomtheTinker
11-04-2012, 11:51 AM
Such a party would simply take away votes from the Republican Party. They still wouldn't ever win anything. I know...because its our soul purpose on earth to make sure the R party remains viable...or not

The reason it wont ever happen has to do with egos within the 3 camps and each having their own agendas ghat have little to do with winning elections.

presence
11-04-2012, 11:54 AM
I guess we have different goals. I'd rather see a lowered bar to get well organized parties, or individuals onto national ballots. There is no reason why in a free country we should not have all of the above parties, plus people like Ron Paul, who clearly have national support, listed on the ballot in all 50 states. I'd rather see a 100 party system than one more philosophically compromised party added to our 2 party system.