PDA

View Full Version : RedState: Is Ron Paul improving in the Polls

BrianH
10-25-2007, 10:23 AM
http://www.redstate.com/blogs/redlightgrnlight/2007/oct/25/is_ron_paul_actually_improving_in_the_polls

Curious, I thought they banned Ron Paul from this site? The story is pretty good--- concludes: There's no question that Paul remains a wildcard in this election and an unknown quantity to anyone figuring out this race. But stories like this indicate that Paul really may be more of an impact than minimalists suggest. It's likely not enough to pull off victory, but it's more than enough to make him relevant deep into the primary should it press on meaningfully past Super Tuesday.

ape
10-25-2007, 10:32 AM
looks like redstate loves all the extra attention they're getting from the RP masses. That place is a joke.

Brinck Slattery
10-25-2007, 10:32 AM
yeah, boycott those asses. no more links for them.

specsaregood
10-25-2007, 10:36 AM
Content:

[Editor's note: I do not officially support a Republican candidate in the 2008 primary, and I have posted in various streaks on RedState for two years.]

Of course, it's sometimes hard to distinguish a blip from a trend. But if it's two or three blips, with a little toss of the dice, maybe it's a signal of a trend.

The latest New Hampshire poll pegs Paul's support at 7.4%, good for fourth place and leading Huckabee at 6% and Thompson at 5% (and quite some distance behind third-place McCain).

The latest California poll pegs Paul support at 4%, tied with Huckabee and a point ahead of Tancredo and Hunter.

According to Rasmussen, Paul garners 38% of the national vote to Clinton's 48% in a head-to-head matchup. That trails Giuliani's 41% to Clinton's 48%, but it beats Thompson's 38% to Clinton's 52%.

And the dice? They say ballot position is worth two points or so. And in the critical state of Missouri, Paul has secured a spot at the top.

There's no question that Paul remains a wildcard in this election and an unknown quantity to anyone figuring out this race. But stories like this indicate that Paul really may be more of an impact than minimalists suggest. It's likely not enough to pull off victory, but it's more than enough to make him relevant deep into the primary should it press on meaningfully past Super Tuesday.

Bradley in DC
10-25-2007, 10:39 AM
RedState did NOT ban Ron Paul discussion, but they reacted from members' complaints about new members acting like jerks in Dr. Paul's name. Unfortunately, the reaction in this thread just proves them right. :(

mavtek
10-25-2007, 10:41 AM
Thanks for providing the story I didn't want to click the link.

scubasteve01
10-25-2007, 11:01 AM
Who's the idiot who posted http://www.thisnovember5th.com on Redstate? Great... I can just imagine how many are signing up at the site just to throw off the numbers.

fletcher
10-25-2007, 11:04 AM
Members should voluntarily censor Redstate articles from this forum. Please stop posting them.

Shink
10-25-2007, 11:08 AM
Who's the idiot who posted http://www.thisnovember5th.com on Redstate? Great... I can just imagine how many are signing up at the site just to throw off the numbers.

Some folks are just fucking ignorant. Going to RP@ISU, Fletcher?

Elwar
10-25-2007, 11:08 AM
Looking at the alexa.com ratings Red State's ranks went way up after banning Ron Paul talk.

I guess they learned the free market secret of praising or attacking Ron Paul for big web traffic.

Their traffic will fall off soon enough.

werdd
10-25-2007, 11:21 AM
like i have said for so long, they are marketing theirselves by releasing pro and con articles about ron paul and taking advantage of our huge internet base.

LibertyEagle
10-25-2007, 11:24 AM
RedState did NOT ban Ron Paul discussion, but they reacted from members' complaints about new members acting like jerks in Dr. Paul's name. Unfortunately, the reaction in this thread just proves them right. :(

I'm not so sure about that, Bradley. I saw some people over there get absolutely hell for just posting a positive piece about Ron Paul. That's all.

Shink
10-25-2007, 11:32 AM
Looking at the alexa.com ratings Red State's ranks went way up after banning Ron Paul talk.

I guess they learned the free market secret of praising or attacking Ron Paul for big web traffic.

Their traffic will fall off soon enough.

What bothers me is knowing how many Ron Paul supporters are boosting them, giving them more money. STAY OUT OF TROLL TERRITORY--attention-seeking bullies run home crying when you deprive them of any.

kylejack
10-25-2007, 11:35 AM
I'm not so sure about that, Bradley. I saw some people over there get absolutely hell for just posting a positive piece about Ron Paul. That's all.
Citation. New people or old people? The ban is only for new people posting about Ron Paul.

Taco John
10-25-2007, 11:38 AM

You're a good guy Brad, but you're wrong.

I got banned for suggesting that Ron Paul had a better chance than Mitt Romney, citing his need to keep his polls afloat with money, and mentioning the troubles that the evangelical base has with mormonism. I was certainly not out of line, especially given what passes over there for "in bounds."

I wasn't acting like a jerk. They deleted my account, and banned my IP.

kylejack
10-25-2007, 11:39 AM

I got banned for suggesting that Ron Paul had a better chance than Mitt Romney, citing his need to keep his polls afloat with money, and mentioning the troubles that the evangelical base has with mormonism. I was certainly not out of line, especially given what passes over there for "in bounds."

I wasn't acting like a jerk. They deleted my account, and banned my IP.
Were you a new member? The ban is on new members discussing Ron Paul, not on all members. Long-time established members are allowed to discuss Ron Paul.

Shink
10-25-2007, 11:42 AM
Were you a new member? The ban is on new members discussing Ron Paul, not on all members. Long-time established members are allowed to discuss Ron Paul.

Who cares? I think all RP supporters ought to leave and boycott--I'm wanting to read a "We're sorry, please come back!" letter before anyone bothers.

Nash
10-25-2007, 11:57 AM

While I don't disagree that acting like children in the threads in the name of Ron Paul is a bad thing, these conservative blogs will outright ban you simply for putting together coherent posts that debate the definition of conservative.

These blogs are downright biased. They certainly have a right to ban whoever they want and delete whatever posts they please, but it simply shows they lack credibility when they are deleting posts that simply mention "Ron Paul".

I got banned over at FREEP for a whopping 2 posts. Both posts were concise, they were not shill like, and they were not overtly argumentative, nor did they use foul or abusive language against anyone. I was banned immediately.

These people are seriously insane.

LeFou
10-25-2007, 12:43 PM
They deleted my account, and banned my IP.

Taco, how could you tell? Did you get a blank white screen when you tried to visit? That's what I'm getting now, and I haven't even mentioned RP. I only mentioned opposition to the Iraq war

Bradley in DC
10-25-2007, 12:53 PM

I didn't say "all" acted badly but that the misbehavior in Dr. Paul's name does affect us all with the subsequent blowback. Unless we all here and elsewhere strive to make clear supporting Dr. Paul does not give one license to act like a jerk, we're all going to suffer--most of all the one who deserves it the least, the good doctor himself.

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?p=244558#poststop

JAHOGS
10-25-2007, 12:55 PM
GUYS, QUIT TALKING ABOUT REDSTATE.COM Haven't you guys understand why they post around 3 articles about RON PAUL everyday now? They know it will boost there hits. Just ignore these guys even if the title of the story is interesting.

If they ban us, then ban from going there. It's Simple

Misesian
10-25-2007, 01:02 PM
They haven't banned us over at www.FireSociety.com yet, though the neocon trolls are doing their BEST to try to get that to happen. Seems odd that an organization whose #1 issue is border security and illegal immigration gives an "amnesty" to the neocon trolls.

fletcher
10-25-2007, 01:57 PM
Some folks are just fucking ignorant. Going to RP@ISU, Fletcher?

No, I can't make it this weekend.

Johncjackson
10-25-2007, 02:40 PM

There are a lot of RP supporters acting like jerks, but RedState are the ones who say RP is really a Democrat and all his supporters are lunatics.