PDA

View Full Version : PPP Poll - Mississippi GOP Presidential Primary

tsai3904
04-09-2011, 07:12 AM
http://publicpolicypolling.blogspot.com/2011/04/barbour-bryant-lead-in-mississippi.html

PPP surveyed 400 usual Mississippi Republican primary voters from March 24th to 27th.
The survey’s margin of error is +/-4.9%.

Results:

Haley Barbour - 37%
Mike Huckabee - 19%
Newt Gingrich - 10%
Sarah Palin - 10%
Mitt Romney - 6%
Michele Bachmann - 5%
Tim Pawlenty - 3%
Ron Paul - 2%

Results without Barbour:

Mike Huckabee - 35%
Sarah Palin - 20%
Newt Gingrich - 18%
Mitt Romney - 8%
Michele Bachmann - 5%
Ron Paul - 4%
Tim Pawlenty - 3%

One Last Battle!
04-09-2011, 07:31 AM
This is the state where interracial marriage is opposed by something like 50% of the population. I am not especially worried.

tsai3904
04-09-2011, 07:38 AM
This is the state where interracial marriage is opposed by something like 50% of the population. I am not especially worried.

This is from the same poll:

Do you think interracial marriage should be legal or illegal?
Legal - 40%
Illegal - 46%
Not sure - 14%

Legend1104
04-09-2011, 08:30 AM
Thanks for trying to make my state look bad.

MS has the highest minority population in blacks in the nation. Most states don't even have to address this topic anyway. How many other states have been asked that question in a PPP poll like this. Don't you see that is a little strange that it was even a question at all?

sailingaway
04-09-2011, 08:41 AM
Sure, it was biased to begin with, and then checking to see which candidate was liked MORE by that group was a pure smear campaign (still glad it was Palin, not Ron, though!) All the same, I'm hoping you guys have open primaries....

Matt Collins
04-09-2011, 09:00 AM
I'm from there and I can tell you it's a great place even with it's flaws. But no, it's not the most forward thinking land in all of the country.

Jeremy
04-09-2011, 09:01 AM

46% of Republicans.

nate895
04-09-2011, 09:08 AM
This is from the same poll:

Do you think interracial marriage should be legal or illegal?
Legal - 40%
Illegal - 46%
Not sure - 14%

That's just ridiculous.

I'm from there and I can tell you it's a great place even with it's flaws. But no, it's not the most forward thinking land in all of the country.

I have no problem with not being forward thinking, but to hold onto racism and other just plain bigoted idea isn't principled anti-modernism, it's just bigotry.

ChaosControl
04-09-2011, 09:36 AM

If San Francisco is the bastion of "forward thinking", I think I'd go with Mississippi.

sailingaway
04-09-2011, 09:41 AM
If San Francisco is the bastion of "forward thinking", I think I'd go with Mississippi.

Yeah, racism isn't everything, there are a lot of different ways to be a jerk.

kpfareal
04-09-2011, 09:45 AM
I'm going to be moving to Mississippi here in a few months!

JCLibertarian
04-09-2011, 09:47 AM

Exactly, it would be one thing if they personally opposed to it(because as a libertarian, I don't care to socially engineer), because they could still very well be receptive to libertarianism. However, anyone who is so statist and controlling over other people's voluntary interaction with others would never be receptive to the message of Ron Paul. I would wager a good deal of Americans oppose interracial marriage on a personal level, probably not a majority, but more than polls indicate. But they aren't statist d-bags like the people in Mississippi.

TheDriver
04-09-2011, 09:53 AM

QFT~! Me2

oyarde
04-09-2011, 10:48 AM
Thanks for trying to make my state look bad.

MS has the highest minority population in blacks in the nation. Most states don't even have to address this topic anyway. How many other states have been asked that question in a PPP poll like this. Don't you see that is a little strange that it was even a question at all?

Yes , I do find that question strange .

Matt Collins
04-09-2011, 03:35 PM
One other thing to consider is that in MS, it probably ain't just white people that agree with this. It would be interesting to see the crosstabs on this.