cindy25
04-09-2011, 06:31 AM
this is not good

cswake
04-09-2011, 06:35 AM
Why? He wouldn't vote for either.

IDefendThePlatform
04-09-2011, 06:46 AM
I'm willing to let the good Dr.'s voting attendance slide if it means he'll be campaigning more this election cycle.

Last time I think it was a slight hindrance that he insisted on being in DC for all the votes. He can do more to advance the cause of liberty by traveling to rallies and such than by trying to keep up a good voting record.

leonster
04-09-2011, 07:56 AM
Would only really care if the vote was close. It would be painful if something nasty ended up passing by one vote when he wasn't there, or something good failed by one vote... but most votes aren't even close.

sailingaway
04-09-2011, 08:46 AM
And the budget passed by one vote? Otherwise it doesn't matter. The whole thing was theatrics, and Ron doesn't care about theatrics. Maybe that is why Rand wasn't there, too, and if so, that's fine.

Jeremy
04-09-2011, 08:57 AM
I'm willing to let the good Dr.'s voting attendance slide if it means he'll be campaigning more this election cycle.

Last time I think it was a slight hindrance that he insisted on being in DC for all the votes. He can do more to advance the cause of liberty by traveling to rallies and such than by trying to keep up a good voting record.
Actually Chris Peden (primary opponent for Congress) attacked him for missing so many votes while campaigning.

IDefendThePlatform
04-09-2011, 09:00 AM
Actually Chris Peden (primary opponent for Congress) attacked him for missing so many votes while campaigning.

...and Chris Peden got his butt kicked. My opinion is that he'll have to endure a small amount of negative publicity for it, but on the whole the time spent campaigning and spreading the message will more than make up for it.

Jeremy
04-09-2011, 09:02 AM
...and Chris Peden got his butt kicked. My opinion is that he'll have to endure a small amount of negative publicity for it, but on the whole the time spent campaigning and spreading the message will more than make up for it.

Well my point was that he did miss a lot of votes to campaign in 08.

IDefendThePlatform
04-09-2011, 09:04 AM
Well my point was that he did miss a lot of votes to campaign in 08.

My bad. Glad we are on the same page.

Theocrat
04-09-2011, 09:07 AM
If Congress had done their job last year in passing a budget for this year, then this would not even be an issue. Instead, they chose to put it off, even while both Houses had a Democratic majority. If the media focus on Congressman Paul's absence, then they have already missed a more important issue: WHY DIDN'T CONGRESS DO WHAT IT WAS SUPPOSED TO DO LAST YEAR, UNDER DEMOCRATIC LEADERSHIP?

Galileo Galilei
04-09-2011, 09:08 AM
this is not good

The horror.

BlackTerrel
04-09-2011, 10:05 AM
ehhhh... I think he's doing more good fund raising and getting ready than his 1 vote.

BarryDonegan
04-09-2011, 11:42 AM
Running for President is a more responsible way to reform the budget than to continue to just vote NO on a bill that will pass anyway.