PDA

View Full Version : Walter Williams bashes Conservatives.

I Don't Vote
04-08-2011, 06:10 PM
Of course, he speaks truth about government, giving Republicans no free pass on the immorality that has swept through our political system and more importantly, the immorality of our beliefs as to what the role of government should be.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=86xMykrUZto&feature=feedu

Sola_Fide
04-08-2011, 06:36 PM
Awesome.

heavenlyboy34
04-08-2011, 06:41 PM
I don't agree that politicians are blameless, but I do agree that voters deserve some of the blame.

AGRP
04-08-2011, 06:49 PM
Its interesting how Libertarians like him were the lone voice in the woods during the 70s-90s because the media had such a tight grip on everything.

Thank you internet.

I Don't Vote
04-08-2011, 06:53 PM
Its interesting how Libertarians like him were the lone voice in the woods during the 70s-90s because the media had such a tight grip on everything.

Thank you internet.

In a few of his lectures, he mentioned a speech that he gave to legislators in Congress where he basically tells them that they are gutless parasites. I still can't find that video. Apparently, the Congressmen didn't care too much for that speech.

jkr
04-08-2011, 06:58 PM
In a few of his lectures, he mentioned a speech that he gave to legislators in Congress where he basically tells them that they are gutless parasites. I still can't find that video. Apparently, the Congressmen didn't care too much for that speech.

wOw

that is what they are

i define "is" as equal to or the equivalent of BTW.

Tinnuhana
04-08-2011, 08:04 PM
Ron's VP?

AGRP
04-08-2011, 08:27 PM
I don't agree that politicians are blameless, but I do agree that voters deserve some of the blame.

Well, plenty of people still love neocons (war types) and the left (union types) still loves Obama.

In this case, the voter deserves at least most of the blame (minus diebold and the deliberate dumbing down of America).

What he's explaining is exactly the definition of a Democracy:

2 wolves and 1 sheep voting for dinner.

I Don't Vote
04-09-2011, 04:47 AM
No voters deserve most of the blame.

One of the reasons that I don't vote is because I can always trust that the most popular candidates will always be the worse ones. People don't want to hear the truth. They want stuff. They want money. They want someone that will, "Improve education, create jobs, and keep the streets safe." The best bullshit artists tend to win.

georgiaboy
04-09-2011, 11:27 AM
Good video when speaking in general terms about the way conservatives have been voting, though I think most vote with good intent, except that they've bought into the 'lesser of two evils' mentality, and the mentality that I had for years - vote for the party because they espouse your principles and they'll enact legislation in line with those principles.

If I would've seen the hypocrisy in my party-line voting and yet not stopped voting that way because "I'm a Republican", then I would think that I have only myself to blame. However, obviously I was lied to by politicians, talk radio hosts, etc. for years. Admittedly, I also was not paying close enough attention to check that actions were matching words, but for a party to espouse conservative principles and then for those in the office under that party's banner to write, vote on, and then enact policy exactly opposite to those principles -- that's just flat out lying and I'll be spewing venom about that for a long time. To think that even one Republican voted for the bailouts - bite my tongue.

Don't worry, Mr. Williams, I'll not be fooled ever. again. I've taken that cold drink of water, and glad I did.

Sola_Fide
04-09-2011, 01:17 PM
Ron's VP?

Only if Ron wants to win.

heavenlyboy34
04-09-2011, 01:22 PM
Well, plenty of people still love neocons (war types) and the left (union types) still loves Obama.

In this case, the voter deserves at least most of the blame (minus diebold and the deliberate dumbing down of America).

What he's explaining is exactly the definition of a Democracy:

2 wolves and 1 sheep voting for dinner.
Nah. That's blaming the victim. It's as absurd as saying a woman who dresses sexy "deserves" to be raped. The political elites and their cronies built the corrupt system, not the voters or anyone else.

Ricky201
04-09-2011, 01:36 PM
I love Walter and think that either him or Mary Ruwart would be the best pick for a VP with Ron.

However, can anyone clear up his views on foreign policy? I've always heard that he's a bit of an interventionist in that area.

Sola_Fide
04-09-2011, 01:39 PM
I love Walter and think that either him or Mary Ruwart would be the best pick for a VP with Ron.

However, can anyone clear up his views on foreign policy? I've always heard that he's a bit of an interventionist in that area.

I've never heard him talk about foreign affairs. It would really surprise me if he was hawkish.

Ricky201
04-09-2011, 02:02 PM
Eek...nevermind found the ugly truth >_<.

--------

Daily Bell: What do you think of Dr. Ron Paul and his impact on the sociopolitical conversation?

Walter Williams: Ron Paul and I are friends and longtime associates. I agree with Ron Paul on most matters, but we part company on issues of foreign policy. I believe in a strong defense, and I believe there are circumstances that call for pre-emptive attack on people who would do us harm.

---------------

http://www.thedailybell.com/1259/Walter-Williams-on-the-Tyranny-of-the-Majority-the-US-Federal-Budget-and-Free-Market-Thinking.html

Sola_Fide
04-09-2011, 02:11 PM

--------

Daily Bell: What do you think of Dr. Ron Paul and his impact on the sociopolitical conversation?

Walter Williams: Ron Paul and I are friends and longtime associates. I agree with Ron Paul on most matters, but we part company on issues of foreign policy. I believe in a strong defense, and I believe there are circumstances that call for pre-emptive attack on people who would do us harm.

---------------

http://www.thedailybell.com/1259/Walter-Williams-on-the-Tyranny-of-the-Majority-the-US-Federal-Budget-and-Free-Market-Thinking.html

But he says in the same interview that neocons are reditributionists and wrong.

I'm confused...

heavenlyboy34
04-09-2011, 02:14 PM

--------

---------------

O, how the mighty have fallen. :(

TheNcredibleEgg
04-09-2011, 02:14 PM
Nah. That's blaming the victim. It's as absurd as saying a woman who dresses sexy "deserves" to be raped. The political elites and their cronies built the corrupt system, not the voters or anyone else.

Sometimes victims deserve to get blamed.

If you have some silver bars and leave them out in the open on your front porch - and they get stolen. Well, that's your fault.

heavenlyboy34
04-09-2011, 02:17 PM
Sometimes victims deserve to get blamed.

If you have some silver bars and leave them out in the open on your front porch - and they get stolen. Well, that's your fault.

That example is not at all comparable.

TheNcredibleEgg
04-09-2011, 02:19 PM
That example is not at all comparable.

Neither was yours - that's why I used it.

heavenlyboy34
04-09-2011, 03:33 PM
Neither was yours - that's why I used it.

Incorrect. If people had the choice of allowing the government to do what it does, my example would be incorrect. Since this is not the case, I am 100% correct. (if you don't believe me, try ignoring a government edict, constitutional or not. You'll wind up in a situation like Irwin Schiff or dead)

TheNcredibleEgg
04-09-2011, 03:51 PM
If people had the choice of allowing the government to do what it does, my example would be incorrect.

People do have a choice. That was the exact point of the orginal comment of AGRP that voters deserve to be blamed. And that's why your analogy is wrong. Voters have a choice - a woman being raped doesn't.

You can refuse to re-elect incumbents who have been corrupting the system and running up the debt - but voters don't. The simply ugly truth is the voters don't care about the debt and the corruption enough to vote for someone else. They like living above their means with all the various gov't programs and putting the debt on the future generations. It's the equivalent of (returning to your analogy) a woman wanting to be raped - or simply not caring if she is raped.

Clearly some voters do care - hence this forum - but, by and large, most voters do not. So blaming them is correct.