PDA

View Full Version : How would the US become free of big govt?

bill1971
04-08-2011, 02:04 PM
I am definatley a libertarian but it seems like it would work better from the ground up. Overnight we couldn't just shut down welfare, medicare, post office, etc.... Anyone have any idea how long something like that would take and how would we slowly get americans off govt support? I know some programs like planned parent hood wouldnt be that difficult and pulling out of the wars would save a ton of money.

sirgonzo420
04-08-2011, 02:12 PM
It could be done overnight.

It just may not be popular with the entitlement class.

TheBlackPeterSchiff
04-08-2011, 02:14 PM
Collapse.

Travlyr
04-08-2011, 02:19 PM
Ron Paul and Edwin Vieira show us how it is done.
Gold, Peace, and Prosperity - Dr. Ron Paul
A Cross of Gold - Dr. Edwin Vieira

Both papers are available to read from my signature line. :)

heavenlyboy34
04-08-2011, 02:22 PM
Big governments have collapsed overnight several times in history. It wouldn't be new-it would just be unpleasant for most of us for a while.

pcosmar
04-08-2011, 02:26 PM
How would the US become free of big govt?

Cold Turkey.

No other way.

heavenlyboy34
04-08-2011, 02:33 PM

Cold Turkey.

No other way.

+a zillion

Travlyr
04-08-2011, 02:39 PM

Cold Turkey.

No other way.

+a zillion
Does this mean that you guys have read Gold, Peace, and Prosperity & A Cross of Gold... and disagree with their assessment and remedy?

pcosmar
04-08-2011, 02:47 PM
Does this mean that you guys have read Gold, Peace, and Prosperity & A Cross of Gold... and disagree with their assessment and remedy?

Have not read it, but have often listened to Dr. Paul. Even he says it will take years even if we were moving in the right direction (and we aren't) And even then there would be hard times.
We don't have years. We are not moving in the right direction at all.
And Ron Paul is one of few that even admit there is a problem.

Travlyr
04-08-2011, 02:49 PM
Have not read it, but have often listened to Dr. Paul. Even he says it will take years even if we were moving in the right direction (and we aren't) And even then there would be hard times.
We don't have years. We are not moving in the right direction at all.
And Ron Paul is one of few that even admit there is a problem.

Utah's move toward using gold and silver as legal tender is a move in the right direction. I'm not sure, but I think it was inspired by Dr. Vieira and Dr. Paul.

pcosmar
04-08-2011, 02:55 PM
Utah's move toward using gold and silver as legal tender is a move in the right direction. I'm not sure, but I think it was inspired by Dr. Vieira and Dr. Paul.

And that is a good start. A step in the right direction.
But Utah is not free from Big Government or regulations.

I expect that after the crash there will be pockets of freedom in several places. At least I hope so.

Travlyr
04-08-2011, 02:57 PM
I expect that after the crash there will be pockets of freedom in several places. At least I hope so.

I hope so too!

Freedom 4 all
04-08-2011, 04:41 PM
It could be done overnight.

It just may not be popular with the entitlement class.

Been waiting for an opportunity to use this Scumbag Steve caption. It sums up so well what is wrong with the young anti-government types of today.

http://static.quickmeme.com/media/social/qm.gif

http://www.quickmeme.com/meme/1iwt/#by=ad

Sentient Void
04-08-2011, 05:05 PM
Read 'Atlas Shrugged'. That's one way it can be done peacefully, libertarianally (???) from the ground up.

Oh, and read the Philosophy forum ;)

acptulsa
04-08-2011, 05:11 PM
Read or listen to Rep. Paul. He has plans.

And read up on Woodrow Wilson, Warren G. Harding and Calvin Coolige. This will show you how it has been done before.