10-25-2007, 10:02 AM
http://ken_ashford.typepad.com/blog/2007/10/presidential-ca.html

:confused::o

DaronWestbrooke
10-25-2007, 10:04 AM
Why should it be on his radar?

kylejack
10-25-2007, 10:05 AM
Screw that crap. Ron's holding a private high-dollar dinner with a portion of proceeds going to the Red Cross for the fires.

http://www.ronpaul2008.com/events/hollywood-fundraiser/

Ridiculous
10-25-2007, 10:06 AM
Why should it be on his radar?

Because he is running for president..... Any natural disaster, emergency etc. should be on his radar.

It would be on his radar if he was president. He'll probably address it in Hollywood tonight I would think.

JoshLowry
10-25-2007, 10:06 AM
He is in Michigan tonight, not Hollywood.

klamath
10-25-2007, 10:07 AM
Why do people keep posting negative links on the site. Is the motive to get higher ratings and page rank for these negative blogs and news stories?

Brinck Slattery
that dude's obviously a partisan team blue guy. He goes out of his way to show how kind and caring all the Democrats are, then gets his facts wrong on Ron Paul.

brandon
natural disasters should not be on the radar of presidents. All presidents do is use these events like a publicity stunt. I listened to Arnold talk about the fires and it made me sick. All these people do is exploit them for thier own advantage. There is no reason for the president to comment on this at all.

DaronWestbrooke
10-25-2007, 10:08 AM
Because he is running for president..... Any natural disaster, emergency etc. should be on his radar.

It would be on his radar if he was president. He'll probably address it in Hollywood tonight I would think.

Sounds like pandering to me. A bunch of Malibu rich folks lose their homes and he is supposed to shed crocdile tears for them?

MGreen
I think I can figure out how to donate money to help the situation in California. I don't need a link on ronpaul2008.com to help me.

Ridiculous
He is in Michigan tonight, not Hollywood.

He'll be there Tuesday, but that is besides the point.

Ridiculous
10-25-2007, 10:13 AM
Sounds like pandering to me. A bunch of Malibu rich folks lose their homes and he is supposed to shed crocdile tears for them?

If you knew anything about it, or knew anyone from the area you'd know that it isn't just a bunch of Hollywood rich folks. There are a bunch of middle class neighborhoods being effected.

If you've ever been to the area, you'd know some of those towns are pretty backwoods red neck, dirt road pick up truck towns.

people from all walks of life are being affected.

brandon
10-25-2007, 10:15 AM
If you knew anything about it, or knew anyone from the area you'd know that it isn't just a bunch of Hollywood rich folks. There are a bunch of middle class neighborhoods being effected.

If you've ever been to the area, you'd know some of those towns are pretty backwoods red neck, dirt road pick up truck towns.

people from all walks of life are being effected.

I dont care who was affected. There is no reason for the president or any politician to go cry them a river. They need rescue efforts. They need insurance companies to come through. They need charity's set up. They DONT need some politician coming and having a publicity stunt.

kylejack
10-25-2007, 10:17 AM
I dont care who was affected. There is no reason for the president or any politician to go cry them a river. They need rescue efforts. They need insurance companies to come through. They need charity's set up. They DONT need some politician coming and having a publicity stunt.

Besides, they're sending kind words and Ron Paul is sending money. Sympathy's nice, but money to rebuild your life is better.

American
10-25-2007, 10:20 AM
I wouldnt even count on the post itself, This is Duncan Hunters home turf and I have seen him talk several times and that poster cant even find but one article. I call bullsheet.

Ridiculous
10-25-2007, 10:21 AM
I'm not saying we need FEMA to come in, we've seen how that turns out.

But if an entire development, apartment complex burnt down in your town, people were displaced etc. You'd expect the mayor to at least express his sympathy. It isn't about pandering. It is just showing human emotion, concern etc.

It isn't pandering if you express genuine concern for a situation.

A president should absolutely show concern when a natural disaster effects a state. That isn't to say he needs to take federal action. It should primarily be the state's responsibility.

Dave Wood
10-25-2007, 10:22 AM

I used to live in one of the areas affected when I was in my twentys (no money)

This is a massive disaster not to mention scary as hell! Picture a forty five foot wall of flame being pushed toward you by 60-70 mph winds.

The smell of smoke will not leave the LA basin for years. The basin will trap that smoke in the air for weeks and it will permeate every structure. A lot of people will be getting very very ill soon. The air in LA is always pretty bad, imagine it now?

American
10-25-2007, 10:24 AM
Also Ron Paul could have commented on this already but as we all know he has some difficulty getting air time. The candidates being commented on are the paid for politician group.

kylejack
10-25-2007, 10:28 AM
Haha, he actually allowed my comment calling him a jackass to go through!

Tim724
10-25-2007, 10:28 AM
Actually, the fires are on his radar. Last night at the American University speech Ron Paul made an off handed analogy about the CA fires. I forget exactly what he said. It was something like "Then inflation starts spreading like the wild fires in California" except I don't think the analogy was about inflation - I think it was something else.

People kindof looked at each after he said it. I don't think he meant to make light of the fire situation, but I think it was analogy that just didn't come out quite right and ended up sounding funny.

Andrew76
10-25-2007, 10:31 AM

Exactly. Ron Paul could of course offer some sincere condolances and words of concern, and I imagine he will, but once he does... so what? My point is, his entire platform is individual liberty. The Katrina disaster was made that much worse by the bureaucratic bungling of government. The lesson, although people will somehow twist this as "cruel," is that it's not the federal gov'ts job to protect you from natural disasters. The problems should be handled locally, and whenever possible, privately. More will get done in less time and for much less money.
What's cruel is sitting around waiting for the government to rescue you, and finding out those fools don't know which way is up - meanwhile people are dying as bureacratic inefficiency takes it's toll in human lives.

JoshLowry
10-25-2007, 10:34 AM
Haha, he actually allowed my comment calling him a jackass to go through!

That'll win us some supporters over! :rolleyes:

:p

Dave Wood
10-25-2007, 10:36 AM
Exactly. Ron Paul could of course offer some sincere condolances and words of concern, and I imagine he will, but once he does... so what? My point is, his entire platform is individual liberty. The Katrina disaster was made that much worse by the bureaucratic bungling of government. The lesson, although people will somehow twist this as "cruel," is that it's not the federal gov'ts job to protect you from natural disasters. The problems should be handled locally, and whenever possible, privately. More will get done in less time and for much less money.
What's cruel is sitting around waiting for the government to rescue you, and finding out those fools don't know which way is up - meanwhile people are dying as bureacratic inefficiency takes it's toll in human lives.

You make an excl point. The lt. GOV of Calif this morning was saying where are my 1500 national gaurdsmen mr. President? Oh I forgot THEY ARE IN IRAQ.

kylejack
10-25-2007, 10:37 AM
That'll win us some supporters over! :rolleyes:

:p
I have a scorched earth policy with people who appear to be deliberately mis-representing. ;) He clearly had categorized Democrats as "good" and Republicans as "bad", doing his best to find good sources on the Democrats and bad or no sources on the Republicans.

Thunderbolt
10-25-2007, 10:40 AM
I agree. It is most likely that Ron Paul did say something but it was buried. Why does putting a link on your website make you a hero, but giving away your money makes you nothing?

This country is all screwed up!

Drknows
10-25-2007, 10:40 AM
He edited his post but it still says nothing and makes it look like Ron Paul is greedy.

Yeah that guy is a true Keith Olberman democrat Ignore all good republicans and only show the hateful ones.

klamath
10-25-2007, 10:53 AM
I see this is bash RP day. With supporters like these why worry about Neo cons and democrats.

Sorry, I went through a fire seige last year. My place was was determined to be an acceptable lost in the feds burnout operation. Try and man 3000 feet of fireline with five people, 24 hours a day, through high winds for two weeks. I don't want any empty platitudes about how much a politician cares.

Dave Wood
10-25-2007, 10:59 AM
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2007/10/25/thompson-planning-fundrai_n_69799.html

This is how the dems are playing this. IT STINKS to high heaven. They have no soul, all politics all the time. Its all about control. RP should come up with a strong plan of attack of the Leno show.

This pack of dems is disgusting!

Dave Wood
10-25-2007, 11:02 AM
Reminds me.........I saw Duncan Hunter yesterday on MSNBC out in the middle of this mess and he said something to the effect of when I can get these two things worked out for the people of ....vista Im going to head up to see if my own home is still there.

American
10-25-2007, 11:04 AM
Mr. Wood I did a quick search of your posts and you seem to really like making anything anti-Ron Paul. This post, the redstate posts, you also had a problem with the Nov 5th idea if memory serves....

Why are you even here?

NinjaPirate
10-25-2007, 11:06 AM
Haha! :D

UPDATE: Help! I'm experiencing a RonPaulolanch!

klamath
10-25-2007, 11:08 AM
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2007/10/25/thompson-planning-fundrai_n_69799.html

This is how the dems are playing this. IT STINKS to high heaven. They have no soul, all politics all the time. Its all about control. RP should come up with a strong plan of attack of the Leno show.

This pack of dems is disgusting!

Let's link to every anti RP site on the net maybe we can get them all on the first page of the Google for Ron Paul results:rolleyes:

American
10-25-2007, 11:09 AM
Isnt there a forum for bad RP press?

Dave Wood
10-25-2007, 11:11 AM
Mr. Wood I did a quick search of your posts and you seem to really like making anything anti-Ron Paul. This post, the redstate posts, you also had a problem with the Nov 5th idea if memory serves....

Why are you even here?

You know what....I have had as much of your garbage as anyone should have to endure. Why are you here shithead? I am here because I care about this and have allocated money and time to make this reality. You on the other hand seem to get things wrong all of the time. I dont post anti-Paul to be anti Paul. I post it so the forums will know that it is floating out there and to bring clarification to it.

And just so you dont get your panties all twisted up, I havent said anything negative about any fundraising idea.

Elwar
10-25-2007, 11:12 AM
I'm sure he's said something about it.

I've even said something about it...like yesterday I said something like "how about those fires down there in San Diego"

And I'm not even a politician...

kylejack
10-25-2007, 11:15 AM
Isnt there a forum for bad RP press?

Yes, http://fredthompsonforum.com/

klamath
10-25-2007, 11:22 AM
You know what....I have had as much of your garbage as anyone should have to endure. Why are you here shithead? I am here because I care about this and have allocated money and time to make this reality. You on the other hand seem to get things wrong all of the time. I dont post anti-Paul to be anti Paul. I post it so the forums will know that it is floating out there and to bring clarification to it.

And just so you dont get your panties all twisted up, I havent said anything negative about any fundraising idea.

Dave, we all know what kind of garbage is out there aginst RP. Putting links here is making their page rank on google results go up. Google ranks pages by how many links there are to pages. Do you want those anti RP pages to be the first thing to show up on a search of RP?

nullvalu
10-25-2007, 12:06 PM
What the hell do they want the presidential candidates to say? "Fires are bad.. Read my lips: No New Fires!"

This is just stupid.

As if, if you don't "speak out" about the fires, somehow you're in support of them? Yes, we all know republicans are pro-wild fires. They secretly love hearing about people's homes being ruined and acres of natural forest ablaze.

Syren123
10-25-2007, 12:08 PM
Screw that crap. Ron's holding a private high-dollar dinner with a portion of proceeds going to the Red Cross for the fires.

http://www.ronpaul2008.com/events/hollywood-fundraiser/

Damn straight.

Starks
10-25-2007, 12:16 PM
natural disasters should not be on the radar of presidents. All presidents do is use these events like a publicity stunt. I listened to Arnold talk about the fires and it made me sick. All these people do is exploit them for thier own advantage. There is no reason for the president to comment on this at all.

I disagree. The president is supposed to serve the people and reassure them that he cares.

Minlawc
10-25-2007, 12:18 PM
Just watch, Bush will push for a War on Fire-ism

'cus fires are evil...

Syren123
10-25-2007, 12:19 PM
Well he's out here today for a photo-op orgy.

Security is so tight they'll probably make all the firefighters leave the area until they have DOJ background checks and go through metal detectors.

jmdrake
10-25-2007, 12:55 PM
First, to whoever posted this story thank you! When you read the FACTS of what's been posted it actually makes Ron Paul look GOOD! The ONLY problem is the way this is being spun. Here is what I wrote in response, although it might not get through because the blog is moderated.

I'm not sure why there is a need to highlight that Ron Paul is giving a "portion" of his fund raiser to the fire relief effort. A "portion" is still more than what ANY democrat has pledged so far! Yeah, Hillary put a link on her site for people who want to donate. Big deal? Obama didn't even do that much, instead just giving a link to "California volunteers". All of the democrats are just giving lip service to the relief effort. Ron Paul is raising real money for the effort that frankly he NEEDS for his campaign. (Hillary and Obama could spare a million or two from their spendthrift campaigns without batting an eyelash). Who would you rather have for a president?

Rather than complain about bad press on a blog someone should just do his own writeup on a pro Ron Paul blog and post it. I'm ready to go live with this myself if I can find a link other than the blog that started this thread that mentions Ron Paul donating a portion of the Hollywood fundraiser. I didn't see that on ronpaul2008.com and the last thing I'd want to do is spread a rumor that might not be accurate even if it initially sounds like a positive rumor.

Regards,

John M. Drake

terlinguatx
10-25-2007, 01:00 PM

quickmike
10-25-2007, 01:01 PM

So what can the president do about a fire????? LOL:D wtf?

Its a fire. They happen. The best you can do is help the people in that area out if you can. His fund raiser is partialy for the Red Cross. I think thats about all he has the power to do.

Maybe propose a bill in congress to ban all forest and brush fires? LOL

When I see a politician pandering to disaster victims, it kinda makes me sick to my stomach. Im glad Ron isnt using this disaster to his own advantage, like Rudy did with 911.