PDA

View Full Version : World economy and Farmers

Fire11
04-08-2011, 10:40 AM
Farmers, Fishermen and food people create money. If farmers stop farming and fishermen stop fishing then world economy will shut down. Nobody can eat computers. steel, nuclear power etc......

Why should farmers and fishermen feed the world when there are 1 billion useless people in this world? Farmers will grow crops for their family only and fishermen will fish for their family only.

We forget sometimes the most essential needs a human being must be provided for. Without food there is not society, no country, NOTHING!!!. Napoleon B. Said an Army marches on its stomach.

Why should a Farmer cultivate/grow crops on 10,000 acres of land when he can feed his family with 10 acres of land. A Farmer can work on 10 acres without machines. But he needs massive machines for 10,000 acres.

Why should a fisherman catch 50,000 Fish when he can feed his family with 20 Fish. Small boats is needed to catch 20 fish whereas massive boats are needed to catch 50,000 Fish.

If you consider the World then usually people working in giant factories are rural people and they can survive from farming and hunting in the Forest and Fishing. Why should these workers work for company owners and make them billionaires?

Icymudpuppy
04-08-2011, 11:02 AM
Farming is a scary concept.

It is extremely hard work to farm without machines and most people don't want to work that hard to give themselves barely more than sustainment living.

If your land isn't abutting a reliable freshwater source, you are completely a slave to the weather, and one drought during the growing season or deluge during the harvest season can ruin your crop and thus your very livelihood. Unless you have modern irrigation, or a complex agreement through all the property owners between you and the water source which is unreliable if only one of those people decides they don't want to give you any water.

I don't have direct experience with being a fisherman, but I am well versed in farming having grown up on a small family farm. (1600 acres at our peak when we were leasing other properties, our own property being about 160 acres.)

Personally, I can feed my family more reliably by harvesting wild game than by toiling on a farm.

pcosmar
04-08-2011, 11:26 AM
:confused:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-b5aW08ivHU

:eek: