PDA

View Full Version : Police dog attacks woman

madengr
04-08-2011, 06:41 AM
Now if you had shot this dog if it threatened you, what would be the consequences?

http://blogs.pitch.com/plog/2011/04/kansas_city_police_dog_bites_woman.php

Rogue human police officers aren't the only authorities we have to fear. Sometimes it's a rogue canine cop, such as Eros.

The 3-year-old Belgian Malinois and his handler were searching for a gun at 43rd and Chelsea that a robbery suspect may have dropped; they'd already found a magazine, the Star reported. But when Eros spotted a woman in front of the house, the dog ripped the leash from his handler's hand and unleashed some doggie police brutality.

The 56-year-old woman, who is afraid of dogs, tried to run into her house. She didn't make it. Eros bit the woman's head and butt and broke her glasses. Eros' handler had to pull the dog off the woman. The woman's head had to be stapled shut and she had "several puncture wounds on her buttocks."

"It's a sad thing," Capt. Randy Jacobs told the newspaper. "We hate that this happened."

Police are investigating the incident, and if Law & Order: SVU has taught me anything, situations like this won't stand with Internal Affairs. The cops are already admitting fault. Jacobs told the Star: "The officer didn't have hold of him (Eros) good enough."

The cops are wondering if they need to change their procedures, like letting residents know if they're searching around their homes with dogs. Still, I get the feeling that there are more than a few personal-injury lawyers lining up to represent this woman.

aGameOfThrones
04-08-2011, 07:10 AM
Why didn't the officer kill the dog? Oh that's right...it was a police dog. Poor mundane.

Freedom 4 all
04-08-2011, 01:13 PM
Now if you had shot this dog if it threatened you, what would be the consequences?

http://blogs.pitch.com/plog/2011/04/kansas_city_police_dog_bites_woman.php

Police dogs have more rights than you. If you do anything to a police dog the charge is the same as assaulting a human police officer.

pcosmar
04-08-2011, 01:17 PM
I am surprised.
She wasn't even charged with resisting.