PDA

View Full Version : Possible to validate a RP donation confirmation # via web service call?

rrcamp
10-25-2007, 09:50 AM
... is it at all possible to validate? Thanks.

steph3n
10-25-2007, 09:51 AM
no don't think so

rrcamp
10-25-2007, 09:58 AM
That really sucks. I wonder if it's worth asking the HQ IT staff to add this. My idea (not new) is a competition. I envision a very simple site (Web 2.0 sexy styling, SIMPLE, all that BS) where you have two fields:

Confirmation Number
Team Number

You enter a donation confirmation and the team you represent. Teams compete live. Meetup groups would be integrated and make natural teams, but anyone could form a team.

This idea worked for the Meetup Competition that HQ held a while back.. with the prize being a visit from RP...

The only flaw I see in this, is that people who are not directly related to the team, but whom the team gets to donate in their name.. well we don't want to burden anyone with sending back their confirmation number. Signs like "DONATE" are great - the easier the better. Oh, and also that it's currently impossible, without validation support from HQ IT :-)

So this would only seem to work with actual RP supporters + maybe their inner circle.

What do you guys think? Stupid? Worth it?

kylejack
10-25-2007, 10:01 AM
This was done last quarter with project codes for the Meetup group. I've had similar ideas, but on an individual level. Whoever solicits the most donations gets a prize, and so on, Bush Ranger/Pioneer style. It requires data back from the campaign, though, and frankly I think they're over-worked enough as it is.

JoshLowry
10-25-2007, 10:02 AM
They ran a meetup competition similiar to what you are talking about:

http://www.ronpaul2008.com/meetup