PDA

View Full Version : Officer Stops Baby Squirrel with Pepper Spray

Anti Federalist
04-07-2011, 09:47 PM
I don't know whether to laugh or cry...

Officer Stops Baby Squirrel with Pepper Spray

http://www.myfoxdfw.com/dpp/news/040711-officer-stops-baby-squirrel-with-pepper-spray#ixzz1ItrzXEXF

MESQUITE, Texas - While the YouTube video of a police officer using pepper spray on a baby squirrel has shocked some, the Mesquite Police Department is defending the officer's actions.

According MPD Sgt. Wes Talley, a baby squirrel began chasing students around outside at Kimbrough Middle School Wednesday afternoon. The school resource officer was called to help.

Officer Davis stood between a group of students and the animal because it was acting unusual and he thought it may have been rabid, Talley said.

Talley said after several unsuccessful attempts to scare the squirrel away, Officer Davis used his pepper spray on it to protect the welfare of the students.

But the students didn’t see it that way. They claimed the animal wasn't a threat to anyone.

One student used a cell phone to record the incident. In the video students can be heard crying, “No!” and “Don’t spray him!”

Animal control officers did take the squirrel back to the shelter afterward. It was cared for and released back into the wild, Talley said.

acptulsa
04-07-2011, 09:50 PM
Because when an animal has rabies, you obviously want to piss it off.

Rocco
04-07-2011, 09:52 PM
I actually don't see the issue here.....if the animal is acting in a strange manner (as chasing people certainly is), and it wont go away I think apprehending the animal is appropriate.

Travlyr
04-07-2011, 09:54 PM
I don't know whether to laugh or cry...

I don't either... but at the moment... I'm laughing my ass off. :D:(

acptulsa
He seems to have been more scared than the kids. What does that tell you?

And if a squirrel has rabies, pepper spray will get someone attacked faster than doing nothing.

Expatriate
Umm...
http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTAiHGB28UlJK7Y5bMDQBtUOOwlAAi4A slZaVds0TIGq8Lhw36W

RSLudlum
04-07-2011, 09:59 PM
If only he had a state issued Holy Hand Grenade. RUN AWAY, RUN AWAY!!!!!!!

Carehn
04-07-2011, 09:59 PM
I actually don't see the issue here.....if the animal is acting in a strange manner (as chasing people certainly is), and it wont go away I think apprehending the animal is appropriate.
I said just a bit ago that sick people will often be found mutilating animals. Its like practice for they day they get to try it on a human.

Now what kind of person would you have to be to become a cop, I mean spray a squirrel? How sick of a person would take that job at this point? You could just stomp a squirrel into the ground. They get all up close and personal in the winter with no food. You just simply kick it out of your way. Sad for the squirrel but true. Never any need to spray the damn thing. The cop is a big bad as but deep down inside he must be a puss for having to even do that. Or he just wanted to use his spray for once. I put my money on his trigger finger. And him being a sick f*ck.

Do you think your average, rational, peaceful person is thinking of becoming a cop, TSA shit head, or dmv worker? Something must be wrong with a person in order to want to assume the type of power over others demanded of you nowadays by the party, or government or whatever the hell they call the crime ring these days.

AFPVet
04-07-2011, 10:16 PM
The only thing I can say is... the cops from >20 years ago would have beat the piss out of these new guys. What happened to law enforcement? They need to go to the bar and talk to some of the 'old cops'.

FrankRep
04-07-2011, 10:19 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pmu5sRIizdw

Vessol
04-07-2011, 10:19 PM
If cops are willing to use tazers to take out old ladies, I'm not surprised they are willing to use pepperspray on a freaking baby squirrel.

Anti Federalist
04-07-2011, 10:24 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a1Y73sPHKxw

Vessol
04-07-2011, 10:28 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a1Y73sPHKxw

I take what I said back. Small furry rodents are serious business.

Anti Federalist
04-07-2011, 10:36 PM
I take what I said back. Small furry rodents are serious business.

Dun dahh dunnnnn.....LOL

emazur
04-07-2011, 10:40 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hktrnPICrq0&feature=related

Also, I came into this thread thinking it was a parody or an Onion article. Sad to say it's not, but I suppose I'm not too surprised either.

pcosmar
04-07-2011, 10:53 PM
^^
Has obviously never played with the squirrels in the park.

Yieu
04-07-2011, 10:53 PM
But you have to understand -- those baby squirrels are vicious! They'll bite your torso off if you don't watch out!

Vessol
04-07-2011, 11:08 PM
we must pass new laws to protect us from the squirrel menace!

Yieu
04-07-2011, 11:23 PM
we must pass new laws to protect us from the squirrel menace!

Only laws? I think you are underestimating the threat. We need The Department of Protection from Vicious Little Fluffy Things Terrorists of Doom.

pcosmar
04-07-2011, 11:36 PM
Only laws? I think you are underestimating the threat. We need The Department of Protection from Vicious Little Fluffy Things Terrorists of Doom.

Cop had probably heard about this,
http://www.anti-squirrel.com/squirrel_attacks_biker.html

Crazed Squirrel Assaults Man on Motorcycle

I never dreamed that slowly cruising on my motorcycle through a residential neighborhood could be so incredibly dangerous! Little did I suspect. I was on Brice Street - a very nice neighborhood with perfect lawns and slow traffic. As I passed an oncoming car, a brown furry missile shot out from under it and tumbled to a stop immediately in front of me.

It was a squirrel and must have been trying to run across the road when it encountered the car. I really was not going very fast, but there was no time to brake or avoid it -- it was that close! . I hate to run over animals, and I really hate it on a motorcycle; but a squirrel should pose no danger to me.

I barely had time to brace for the impact. Animal lovers, never fear. Squirrels, I discovered, can take care of themselves!

Inches before impact, the squirrel flipped to his feet. He was standing on his hind legs and facing my oncoming Valkyrie with steadfast resolve in his beady little eyes. His mouth opened; and at the last possible second, he screamed and leapt! I am pretty sure the scream was squirrel for, "Bonzai!" or maybe, "Die you gravy-sucking, heathen scum!" The leap was nothing short of spectacular. He shot straight up, flew over my windshield, and impacted me squarely in the chest. Instantly, he set upon me. If I did not know better, I would have sworn he brought 20 of his little buddies along for the attack. Snarling, hissing, and tearing at my clothes, he was a frenzy of activity. As I was dressed only in a light T-shirt, summer riding gloves, and jeans, this was a bit of a cause for concern. This furry little tornado was doing some damage!

Picture a large man on a huge black and chrome cruiser, dressed in jeans, a T-shirt, and leather gloves, puttering at maybe 25 mph down a quiet residential street, and in the fight of his life with a squirrel.

And losing...

I grabbed for him with my left hand. After a few misses, I finally managed to snag his tail. With all my strength, I flung the evil rodent off to the left of the bike, almost running into the right curb as I recoiled from the throw. That should have done it. The matter should have ended right there.

It really should have. The squirrel could have sailed into one of the pristinely kept yards and gone on about his business, and I could have headed home. No one would have been the wiser. But this was no ordinary squirrel. This was not even an ordinary angry squirrel. This was an EVIL MUTANT ATTACK SQUIRREL OF DEATH!

Somehow he caught my gloved finger with one of his little hands; and, with the force of the throw, swung around and with a resounding thump and an amazing impact, he landed squarely on my BACK and resumed his rather antisocial and extremely distracting activities. He also managed to take my left glove with him! The situation was not improved. Not improved at all. His attacks were continuing, and now I could not reach him. I was startled, to say the least. The combination of the force of the throw, only having one hand (the throttle hand) on the handlebars, and my jerking back unfortunately put a healthy twist through my right hand and into the throttle. A healthy twist on the throttle of! a Valkyrie can only have one result.

Torque.

This is what the Valkyrie is made for; and she is very, very good at it. The engine roared, and the front wheel left the pavement. The squirrel screamed in anger. The Valkyrie screamed in ecstasy. I screamed in - well, I just plain screamed.

Now picture a large man on a huge black and chrome cruiser, dressed in jeans, a slightly squirrel-torn t-shirt, wearing only one leather glove, and roaring at maybe 50 mph and rapidly accelerating down a quiet residential street on one wheel, with a demonic squirrel of death on his back.

The man and the squirrel are both screaming bloody murder.

With the sudden acceleration, I was forced to put my other hand back on the handlebars and try to get control of the bike.

This was leaving the mutant squirrel to his own devices; but I really did not want to crash into somebody's tree, house, or parked car. Also, I had not yet figured out how to release the throttle. My brain was just simply overloaded. I did manage to mash the back brake, but it had little effect against the massive power of the big cruiser.

About this time, the squirrel decided that I was not paying sufficient attention to this very serious battle (maybe he was an evil mutant NAZI attack squirrel of death); and he came around my neck and got INSIDE my full-face helmet with me. As the faceplate closed part way, he began hissing in my face. I am quite sure my screaming changed intensity. It had little effect on the squirrel, however. The RPMs on the Dragon maxed out (since I was not bothering with shifting at the moment); so her front end started to drop.

Now, picture a large man on a huge black and chrome cruiser, dressed in jeans, a very raggedly torn T-shirt, wearing only one leather glove, roaring at probably 80 mph, still on one wheel, with a large puffy squirrel's tail sticking out of the mostly closed full-face helmet. By now, the screams are probably getting a little hoarse.

Finally, I got the upper hand. I managed to grab his tail again, pulled him out of my helmet, and slung him to the left as hard as I could. This time it worked - sort of.

Spectacularly sort of ...so to speak.

Picture a new scene. You are a cop. You and your partner have pulled off on a quiet residential street and parked with your windows down to do some paperwork. Suddenly, a large man on a huge black and chrome cruiser, dressed in jeans, a torn T-shirt flapping in the breeze, and wearing only one leather glove, moving at probably 80 mph on one wheel, and screaming bloody murder roars by, and with all his strength throw! was a live squirrel grenade directly into your police car.

I heard screams.

They weren't mine.

I managed to get the big motorcycle under control and dropped the front wheel to the ground. I then used maximum braking and skidded to a stop in a cloud of tire smoke at the stop sign of a busy cross street. I would have returned to 'fess up (and to get my glove back). I really would have. Really. Except for two things.

First, the cops did not seem interested or the slightest bit concerned about me at the moment. When I looked back, the doors on both sides of the patrol car were flung wide open. The cop from the passenger side was on his back, doing a crab walk into somebody's front yard, quickly moving away from the car. The cop who had been in the driver's seat was standing in the street, aiming a riot shotgun at his own police car.

So, the cops were not interested in me. They often insist to "let the professionals handle it" anyway.

That was one thing. The other?

Well, I could clearly see shredded and flying pieces of foam and upholstery from the back seat. But I could also swear I saw the squirrel in the back window, shaking his little fist at me. That is one dangerous squirrel. And now he has a patrol car. A somewhat shredded patrol car, but it was all his.

I took a deep breath, turned on my turn-signal, made a gentle right turn off of Brice Street, and sedately left the neighborhood. I decided it was best to just buy myself a new pair of gloves. And awhole lot of Band-Aids.

Anti Federalist
04-07-2011, 11:45 PM
^^^^ Anti Squirrel dot com???!!!

http://images.fanpop.com/images/image_uploads/laughing-calvin--26-hobbes-337864_504_313.gif

heavenlyboy34
04-07-2011, 11:51 PM
lolz!! Thanks for the laughs, pcosmar. :)

pcosmar
04-07-2011, 11:55 PM
lolz!! Thanks for the laughs, pcosmar. :)
:D
welcome
it's hard to read and nearly impossible to do so quietly.

I'm rather fond of the little tree rats. Have known some tame (but not domesticated) that are quite affectionate. and entertaining.

AFPVet
04-08-2011, 12:10 AM
But you have to understand -- those baby squirrels are vicious! They'll bite your torso off if you don't watch out!

About like a Chihuahua lol.

Soggy Cereal
04-08-2011, 09:08 AM
Some of you are pieces of work, I gotta tell yah..

I'm curious as to what everyone here that is mocking the cop would do in this situation? I mean sure, it's a great headline "Cop pepper sprays baby squirrel," and people will go "OMFG WHATTA PANSY!" but seriously, none of you would have the balls to do anything about it. If the squirrel DID have rabies, which is likely given its alleged behavior, then who the fuck wants to get close to it? Cops 20 years ago or even a hundred years ago would stay the fuck away. I don't think anyone finds it "manly" to go up and beat the shit outta a rabid animal. Yeah, that's fuckin smart. Then I'm sure people here would have comments about how much of a dumbass brute the police force has become.

Plus, I love how the report has conflicting observations by students about whether this squirrel was acting strange and attacking students or not. A) The cop was called, so obviously SOMEONE was getting chased by the damn thing and B) did you not watch the video? The squirrel showed obvious signs of strange behavior. I wouldn't want to risk getting chased by a rabid animal. I forget what ritual inducts you into manhood by getting fuckin bit by an animal with rabies.

Finally, I love how people are crying about how ridiculous it is and the obvious "underlying violence" inherent in policemen, as if you can give me a psychological analysis from a cop who pepper sprays a likely-rabid squirrel because they actually want to do it on humans but animals give them good practice.

Give me a break.

Have you not been around regular human beings with guns? Have you not heard of coon hunting? I mean, it's a great past time for teenagers and young adults to shoot raccoons for sport and beat the shit out of possums with baseball bats. What's funny is some of you just see red to the point that if a cop does it, it's worthy of your Ebert and Roeper critique, but if a regular average person does it, oh it's his Second Amendment right, you can go into how it's good for population control of rodents, yadda yadda yadda.

I don't know what's more ridiculous, the fact that teenagers and adults didn't know what the fuck do to about a weird squirrel and so these private citizens had to call upon the government for help (GASP!), or the fact that none of you would have the balls to do anything about it if it happened to you. Most of you would run and that'd be the smart thing. Stay the fuck away from rabid animals.

acptulsa
04-08-2011, 09:14 AM
The behavior didn't indicate it was rabid. But what if it was? Then pepper spray would never have stopped it. It would have gotten pissed, and used its ears to find some human and attack. And it probably wouldn't have been the dumbass cop, unfortunately.

Now, please explain to me how killing a squirrel outright is worse than soaking its head in pepper spray, because I'm curious. Don't know how to break it to you, but society takes very different views of killing animals and torturing them.

VBRonPaulFan
04-08-2011, 09:20 AM
It sure didn't look like it was acting actively aggressive to me. It wasn't attacking the cop directly, it looked more curious. It was probably used to being fed by someone in the area and was curious about the people there. Besides... it's a freaking baby squirrel, throw a backpack on it if you're that disturbed and worried.

reduen
04-08-2011, 09:28 AM

I'm curious as to what everyone here that is mocking the cop would do in this situation? I mean sure, it's a great headline "Cop pepper sprays baby squirrel," and people will go "OMFG WHATTA PANSY!" but seriously, none of you would have the balls to do anything about it. If the squirrel DID have rabies, which is likely given its alleged behavior, then who the fuck wants to get close to it? Cops 20 years ago or even a hundred years ago would stay the fuck away. I don't think anyone finds it "manly" to go up and beat the shit outta a rabid animal. Yeah, that's fuckin smart. Then I'm sure people here would have comments about how much of a dumbass brute the police force has become.

Plus, I love how the report has conflicting observations by students about whether this squirrel was acting strange and attacking students or not. A) The cop was called, so obviously SOMEONE was getting chased by the damn thing and B) did you not watch the video? The squirrel showed obvious signs of strange behavior. I wouldn't want to risk getting chased by a rabid animal. I forget what ritual inducts you into manhood by getting fuckin bit by an animal with rabies.

Finally, I love how people are crying about how ridiculous it is and the obvious "underlying violence" inherent in policemen, as if you can give me a psychological analysis from a cop who pepper sprays a likely-rabid squirrel because they actually want to do it on humans but animals give them good practice.

Give me a break.

Have you not been around regular human beings with guns? Have you not heard of coon hunting? I mean, it's a great past time for teenagers and young adults to shoot raccoons for sport and beat the shit out of possums with baseball bats. What's funny is some of you just see red to the point that if a cop does it, it's worthy of your Ebert and Roeper critique, but if a regular average person does it, oh it's his Second Amendment right, you can go into how it's good for population control of rodents, yadda yadda yadda.

I don't know what's more ridiculous, the fact that teenagers and adults didn't know what the fuck do to about a weird squirrel and so these private citizens had to call upon the government for help (GASP!), or the fact that none of you would have the balls to do anything about it if it happened to you. Most of you would run and that'd be the smart thing. Stay the fuck away from rabid animals.

Dude, give me a break... Animals that grow up around humans (that do not mistreat them) behave differently than wild ones. There was no indication of a disease.. Grab a hat a jacket or anything like that and remove the 3" terror from the situation. What a brave cop indeed! :rolleyes:

pcosmar
04-08-2011, 09:30 AM

Really.
http://rabies.emedtv.com/rabies/rabies-and-squirrels.html

Squirrels are almost never found to be infected with the rabies virus. Squirrels also have not been known to cause rabies in humans within the United States.

Though it is perhaps theoretically possible,
1. There is NO RECORDED CASE of humans ever infected with rabies from a squirrel.
2. Squirrels are playful and will chase tails. even of humans. especially if the play has been going on prior.
3. Squirrels that have been fed will beg for more.

Just how does someone with (obviously) no understanding of squirrels define "strange" behavior?
Just Google "Squirrels". You will find lots of video with "strange" behavior. Strange sort of defines them.
Me, I grew up with them.

speciallyblend
04-08-2011, 09:31 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pmu5sRIizdw

hahaha, so funny,
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YaAxzIFgNso also levin is on the video, the doberman odds are i bet there is a tree around the area and he has food saved and the squirrel was just trying to protect his nest and food, just my 2 cents! on that case shouldn't the first priority be to relocate the simple animal not pepper spray it! the cop is a simple idiot!!

speciallyblend
04-08-2011, 09:33 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YaAxzIFgNso

levin the doberman weighs in on the squirrel issue

reduen
04-08-2011, 09:36 AM
True story... I once picked up a great horned owl off the side of the road that had been hit, thinking that it was going to die. I drove it about 40 miles to a vet in the cab of my truck and 3/4 the way there it gained consciousness and scared the living daylights out of me.... Luckily, I was able to keep its eyes covered with my jacket but when the vet came to remove it from my truck, the fight was on!!!

Freedom 4 all
04-08-2011, 09:36 AM
I'm surprised he didn't try to shoot it. Cops rarely pass up an opportunity to kill something.

pcosmar
04-08-2011, 09:41 AM
shouldn't the first priority be to relocate the simple animal not pepper spray it! the cop is a simple idiot!!
The simplest thing would have been to relocate the children back into the classroom.

Soggy Cereal
04-08-2011, 09:45 AM
The behavior didn't indicate it was rabid. But what if it was? Then pepper spray would never have stopped it. It would have gotten pissed, and used its ears to find some human and attack. And it probably wouldn't have been the dumbass cop, unfortunately.

Now, please explain to me how killing a squirrel outright is worse than soaking its head in pepper spray, because I'm curious. Don't know how to break it to you, but society takes very different views of killing animals and torturing them.

Any squirrel I've ever come across either runs, or (if you're on a college campus where squirrels are used to a lot of humans being very close all the time) they just sit there eating a nut or something. But the fact that a police officer was called tells me something, no? I mean, I don't just call a cop because there's a squirrel in the lawn...in fact, I'm sure there would be news articles about how some crazy dumbass called a cop just to cry wolf--just as you hear once in a while idiots call 9/11 just to have a conversation.

So the fact that the officer was called gives it a high probability that PRIVATE CITIZENS felt threatened by this animal, even though a couple tree-hugging dipshit teenagers went Arab League on the situation once the cops arrived and actually used for to stop an animal from inflicting harm.

Pepper spray isn't torture. If it was, pussy European police forces wouldn't have it for starters. You want to talk about pansy officers, get out of the country and go somewhere where the police are a joke. American cops are about as intimidating as it gets, even though a lot of you think you're smug when it comes to talking about cops. Although most cops are not physically capable of taking down a grown man with drunken rage (as if any of you are capable), but the fact that they come in swarms and are cockroaches, does it matter? American cops will beat the shit out of you way before any European douche bag would. So stop reminiscing about how cops back in the day were baddasses and yet make comments like "OMG THE GOVERNMENT IS EXCESSIVELY FORCEFUL." You can't have it both ways...you can't say how big of balls cops had decades ago, yet bitch when they lift a finger.

I have a feeling most of you have nothing to add to conversations, and just bitch for the sake of bitching. Again, you see red. You'll find a problem with any scenario. If the cop does nothing and a student gets attacked, why the fuck did the cop not do his job with my taxpayer dollars? Or if the cop does something, whatever it is, then it's excessive force.

Is there actually a handbook on dealing with animals with eerie behavior? What would you guys do call in the SWAT team? At the end of the day, animals have unpredictable behavior. You're asking "What-ifs" as if you can actually put a scenario around what if an animal did this or that, as if you can treat them like rational human beings in an experiment. No, sorry, squirrels are pretty fucking dumb which is why they're low on the food chain. Very simple creatures, as so my question would be what if the cop did nothing and the squirrel DID attack? Because apparently asking what if the squirrel attacked because the officer pepper sprayed it is a perfectly legal question to ask, I'll ask you about all the possible scenarios that coulda, woulda, shoulda happened, but they didn't. Just as the dog you pet when you come home from work could easily out-of-the-blue attack you, an animal is an animal. Let's put what-ifs around everything around us.

And yes, the squirrel was acting aggressive. When squirrels have a drunken walk where they're hunched forward and moving towards you in a snake-like way, that's not normal. Maybe you come across squirrels like that on a regular basis, but I haven't. Bottom line, an officer was called to the scene. Obviously someone there felt threatened to the point where the brave, worshipped PRIVATE CITIZEN that you all get hard-ons over felt it was necessary to get help.

Oh and considering the amount of time it would take for an officer to be dispatched and for this whole event to take place, it could have been 15-20 minutes, probably more that the squirrel was in this area acting like this. Squirrels aren't territorial creatures. They are chirpy little fuckers that run away the first sign of trouble. The fact that the squirrel was in the same area acting very awkwardly for that long of time gives me red flags. It's not like the cop materialized out of thin air and pepper sprayed it right away. He had to take the call, drive there thinking "what a waste of my time", probably stopped for a Subway, stretched, got back in his squad car, headed to the school, got out at the wrong side of the school and had to walk across campus, finally got to the scene, evaluated it, and pepper sprayed it.

But go ahead and throw a backpack over an animal acting like that. Hahahah...none of you would have the balls to approach something like that, even a baby squirrel. I know I wouldn't. Sorry, but I realize I outweigh the thing by a 150 times its body weight, but I'm not going to fuckin act tough and let my ego get in the way just so I can spend a few hundred dollars to get a series of rabies shots over a several weeks time.

reduen
04-08-2011, 09:50 AM
Any squirrel I've ever come across either runs, or (if you're on a college campus where squirrels are used to a lot of humans being very close all the time) they just sit there eating a nut or something. But the fact that a police officer was called tells me something, no? I mean, I don't just call a cop because there's a squirrel in the lawn...in fact, I'm sure there would be news articles about how some crazy dumbass called a cop just to cry wolf--just as you hear once in a while idiots call 9/11 just to have a conversation.

So the fact that the officer was called gives it a high probability that PRIVATE CITIZENS felt threatened by this animal, even though a couple tree-hugging dipshit teenagers went Arab League on the situation once the cops arrived and actually used for to stop an animal from inflicting harm.

Pepper spray isn't torture. If it was, pussy European police forces wouldn't have it for starters. You want to talk about pansy officers, get out of the country and go somewhere where the police are a joke. American cops are about as intimidating as it gets, even though a lot of you think you're smug when it comes to talking about cops. Although most cops are not physically capable of taking down a grown man with drunken rage (as if any of you are capable), but the fact that they come in swarms and are cockroaches, does it matter? American cops will beat the shit out of you way before any European douche bag would. So stop reminiscing about how cops back in the day were baddasses and yet make comments like "OMG THE GOVERNMENT IS EXCESSIVELY FORCEFUL." You can't have it both ways...you can't say how big of balls cops had decades ago, yet bitch when they lift a finger.

I have a feeling most of you have nothing to add to conversations, and just bitch for the sake of bitching. Again, you see red. You'll find a problem with any scenario. If the cop does nothing and a student gets attacked, why the fuck did the cop not do his job with my taxpayer dollars? Or if the cop does something, whatever it is, then it's excessive force.

Is there actually a handbook on dealing with animals with eerie behavior? What would you guys do, pull a gun out on school campus and shoot a fuckin animal that small with your gun pointed in a downward angle? Call in the SWAT team? At the end of the day, animals have unpredictable behavior. You're asking "What-ifs" as if you can actually put a scenario around what if an animal did this or that, as if you can treat them like rational human beings in an experiment. No, sorry, squirrels are pretty fucking dumb which is why they're low on the food chain. Very simple creatures, as so my question would be what if the cop did nothing and the squirrel DID attack? Because apparently asking what if the squirrel attacked because the officer pepper sprayed it is a perfectly legal question to ask, I'll ask you about all the possible scenarios that coulda, woulda, shoulda happened, but they didn't. Just as the dog you pet when you come home from work could easily out-of-the-blue attack you, an animal is an animal. Let's put what-ifs around everything around us.

And yes, the squirrel was acting aggressive. When squirrels have a drunken walk where they're hunched forward and moving towards you in a snake-like way, that's not normal. Maybe you come across squirrels like that on a regular basis, but I haven't. Bottom line, an officer was called to the scene. Obviously someone there felt threatened to the point where the brave, worshipped PRIVATE CITIZEN that you all get hard-ons over felt it was necessary to get help.

Oh and considering the amount of time it would take for an officer to be dispatched and for this whole event to take place, it could have been 15-20 minutes, probably more that the squirrel was in this area acting like this. Squirrels aren't territorial creatures. They are chirpy little fuckers that run away the first sign of trouble. The fact that the squirrel was in the same area acting very awkwardly for that long of time gives me red flags. It's not like the cop materialized out of thin air and pepper sprayed it right away. He had to take the call, drive there thinking "what a waste of my time", probably stopped for a Subway, stretched, got back in his squad car, headed to the school, got out at the wrong side of the school and had to walk across campus, finally got to the scene, evaluated it, and pepper sprayed it.

But go ahead and throw a backpack over an animal acting like that. Hahahah...none of you would have the balls to approach something like that, even a baby squirrel. I know I wouldn't. Sorry, but I realize I outweigh the thing by a 150 times its body weight, but I'm not going to fuckin act tough and let my ego get in the way just so I can spend a few hundred dollars to get a series of rabies shots over a several weeks time.

I carried this in my truck to relocate it..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WJJX2-hehcc&feature=related

Yes, I would have helped this tiny animal out...

Brian4Liberty
04-08-2011, 09:53 AM
The behavior didn't indicate it was rabid.

Yep. And young orphaned animals will look to anything as a replacement "parent".

Just so we don't get too collectivist on cops, I know one who is raising an orphaned baby squirrel right now...

pcosmar
I have a feeling most of you have nothing to add to conversations, and just bitch for the sake of bitching.

<snip>
Oh and considering the amount of time it would take for an officer to be dispatched

Wall of ridiculous text :rolleyes:
I only pulled a couple points.
I posted facts to refute the blathering claims of "rabies".

And this was a school resource officer. He was on scene and was only called away from his doughnut.

Soggy Cereal
Really.

1. There is NO RECORDED CASE of humans ever infected with rabies from a squirrel.
2. Squirrels are playful and will chase tails. even of humans. especially if the play has been going on prior.

Just how does someone with (obviously) no understanding of squirrels define "strange" behavior?
Just Google "Squirrels". You will find lots of video with "strange" behavior. Strange sort of defines them.
Me, I grew up with them.

Wow..for starters, a cop was called. Obviously someone in that situation wasn't a fuckin animal genius like your smug-ass thinks he is, so forward your information to this school district to "educate" these kids that brought it to the attention of school officials who then felt it was necessary to call the police who the police, then, felt it was necessary to diffuse the situation. Realize that, at a minimum, it took two private citizens (I know how a lot of you can barely contain your excitement when thinking about the private individual) and a cop to do something about this. Clearly two heads aren't better than one.

And squirrels are animals. Animals are unpredictable. Why take the chance with a wild animal? Plus, rabies can infect anything from bats to dogs to humans, so squirrels, which are RODENTS (similar to, oh I don't know...disease carrying rats?) are just as likely to have rabies as any other animal out there that hasn't been vaccinated. Do I care or have time to look up the history of reported cases of squirrel rabies in America? Does it matter if there's been one or a hundred cases or none at all? Realize the first reported case had to start with zero reported!

Besides, whether it had rabies or not is irrelevant. I just brought that up to demonstrate just ONE of the diseases it could have. Maybe there's something else? Or maybe it doesn't have a disease at all, is perfectly clean and healthy, but attacks a student anyway? What's worse, a student getting bit or a squirrel getting pepper sprayed and the problem is solved?

daviddee

acptulsa
04-08-2011, 09:54 AM
The cop was stationed at the school and bored. Read the story. They do use pepper spray in Europe, yes. And Europe bred Torquemada, so don't try to tell me the European continent is immune to torture. And you still don't stop a rabid animal with pepper spray. Won't work.

The cop isn't fit to be a rent-a-cop.

speciallyblend
04-08-2011, 09:55 AM
The simplest thing would have been to relocate the children back into the classroom.

that to but hey we have common sense on our side;)

speciallyblend
04-08-2011, 09:59 AM
Wow..for starters, a cop was called. Obviously someone in that situation wasn't a fuckin animal genius like your smug-ass thinks he is, so forward your information to this school district to "educate" these kids that brought it to the attention of school officials who then felt it was necessary to call the police who the police, then, felt it was necessary to diffuse the situation. Realize that, at a minimum, it took two private citizens (I know how a lot of you can barely contain your excitement when thinking about the private individual) and a cop to do something about this. Clearly two heads aren't better than one.

And squirrels are animals. Animals are unpredictable. Why take the chance with a wild animal? Plus, rabies can infect anything from bats to dogs to humans, so squirrels, which are RODENTS (similar to, oh I don't know...disease carrying rats?) are just as likely to have rabies as any other animal out there that hasn't been vaccinated. Do I care or have time to look up the history of reported cases of squirrel rabies in America? Does it matter if there's been one or a hundred cases or none at all? Realize the first reported case had to start with zero reported!

Besides, whether it had rabies or not is irrelevant. I just brought that up to demonstrate just ONE of the diseases it could have. Maybe there's something else? Or maybe it doesn't have a disease at all, is perfectly clean and healthy, but attacks a student anyway? What's worse, a student getting bit or a squirrel getting pepper sprayed and the problem is solved?

simple solution, common sense ,move kids inside and call animal control! doesn't take a rocket scientist to know if a animal is chasing you, your near a location or chasing you away, 1 babies, 2 food,3 home, 4 think people!! rent-a cop needs to be pepper sprayed!!

pcosmar
04-08-2011, 10:02 AM
your smug-ass thinks

Dude, it's not me.
It is every person in this thread with a lick of common sense.

Except you.
:cool:

Soggy Cereal
04-08-2011, 10:05 AM
I grow tired of the rabies excuse.

http://www.cdc.gov/rabies/location/usa/surveillance/wild_animals.html

Rabies is so rare it should not even be on the list of first assumptions. Especially not with a squirrel.

What is not rare is the abuse of animals by law enforcement. Animal cruelty is a major indicator of anti-social/sociopath behavior.

http://www.vaccineinformation.org/rabies/qandadis.asp
How common is rabies in the world?
The rabies virus can be found everywhere except in some countries and territories of the developed world (e.g., Japan, New Zealand) and the developing world (e.g., Barbados, Fiji, Maldives, and Seychelles) and in parts of northern and southern continental Europe (e.g., Greece, Portugal, Sweden, Norway) and Latin America (e.g., Uruguay and Chile). In the United States, Western Europe, Canada, and much of Latin America, rabies has been nearly eliminated from domestic dogs, but is still active in the wildlife population.

Actually, I live in the midwest and a kid I know was bit by a bat. The bat had rabies. Tell me, anytime you get bitten by a wild animal and you can't find the head of it, what do doctors do? Oh, that's right...they give you rabies shots. Because once rabies reaches your brain, you're fucking dead. I've heard of one case where they were able to induce someone into a coma, give them rabies vaccine, and then take them out of it and they lived. One case of someone who was infected with rabies but was able to survive once it reached their brain, only because doctors put the fucker into a coma.

Tetanus isn't all that common either, yet anytime you step on a rusty nail or cut yourself on metal, you usually get a tetanus shot if you haven't had one in the past 5 years.

But then again, take your chances. The next time one of you gets scratch or bitten by a wild animal, don't get a rabies shot. Take your chances since you're so confident it's not a likely possibility. Then call me in a couple months when it's ravaged your nervous system.

Fact is, doctors, who have gone to medical school for years, almost make it a given to get a rabies shot if you are attacked by a wild animal and they aren't able to lab-test the central nervous system of that animal. I'll take a doctor's word for it over you all who think they're well-read in medical literature who take the two or three paragraphs they've Google as biblical.

Soggy Cereal
04-08-2011, 10:11 AM
Dude, it's not me.
It is every person in this thread with a lick of common sense.

Except you.
:cool:

Actually I've heard a couple of rational people say they see no problem with this police action in this thread.

I've also found most people are stupid, even ones who are in the liberty movement. I've heard a lot of you call into places like the Peter Schiff Show or get interviewed on YouTube and although you are right in agreeing with a lot of the philosophy Ron Paul and Peter Schiff espouse, most can't articulate their positions well...most are socially awkward, or just crazy to be around. You believe in shit like colloidal silver and can reproduce countless bullshit websites, and I can regurgitate numerous born-again-Smurfs who think silver is a great antibiotic yet their skin stains blue.

You're all good when you're behind a computer screen, but out in the real world, if I ran into you on the street, I'd laugh at how little you can articulate your position on anything.

libertyjam
04-08-2011, 10:15 AM
Actually, I live in the midwest and a kid I know was bit by a bat. The bat had rabies. Tell me, anytime you get bitten by a wild animal and you can't find the head of it, what do doctors do? Oh, that's right...they give you rabies shots. Because once rabies reaches your brain, you're fucking dead. I've heard of one case where they were able to induce someone into a coma, give them rabies vaccine, and then take them out of it and they lived. One case of someone who was infected with rabies but was able to survive once it reached their brain, only because doctors put the fucker into a coma.

Tetanus isn't all that common either, yet anytime you step on a rusty nail or cut yourself on metal, you usually get a tetanus shot if you haven't had one in the past 5 years.

But then again, take your chances. The next time one of you gets scratch or bitten by a wild animal, don't get a rabies shot. Take your chances since you're so confident it's not a likely possibility. Then call me in a couple months when it's ravaged your nervous system.

Fact is, doctors, who have gone to medical school for years, almost make it a given to get a rabies shot if you are attacked by a wild animal and they aren't able to lab-test the central nervous system of that animal. I'll take a doctor's word for it over you all who think they're well-read in medical literature who take the two or three paragraphs they've Google as biblical.

Every year in this area, which is in the same metroplex as Mesquite, the town in the story, Animal Control catches one or two rabid animals.

Soggy Cereal
04-08-2011, 10:18 AM
simple solution, common sense ,move kids inside and call animal control! doesn't take a rocket scientist to know if a animal is chasing you, your near a location or chasing you away, 1 babies, 2 food,3 home, 4 think people!! rent-a cop needs to be pepper sprayed!!

You're right, it doesn't take rocket science. The smart, efficient, amazing, private individuals stood there just like the dumbass who pepper sprayed the squirrel.

It's great. If I were a student, I wouldn't be holding a camera or be on scene. I'd be inside just like you said, but then again, most people are dumb. Most people are dumb. I don't know how many times I have to say that, but most people are dumb, and there are plenty here that are dumb.

Why didn't these kids go inside? Because they're dumb. Just as dumb as the cop. Who called the police and not animal control? The dumb teachers. Basically, everyone involved in this situation, whether it's the cop, the teachers, the students, or the people in this thread (ex a couple), are dipshits. Apparently people in this thread would argue with a doctor when they get bit by a wild animal that they can't find to do lab tests on because the statistical probability of animal X of having rabies is < 1%.

Then the doctor would bitchslap you with his Ph.D. and tell you to sit your ass down. How many of you are actually intelligent?? I get a kick, and almost feel sorry for you, when a lot of you call into the Peter Schiff Show or get interviewed at freedom rallies. You're great, GREAT behind a computer screen where everyone is just a digital avatar and a forum thread, but when you're in person or on the phone, you're not charismatic, you're socially awkward, and just plain fucking weird. Very impractical.

Soggy Cereal
04-08-2011, 10:20 AM
Every year in this area, which is in the same metroplex as Mesquite, the town in the story, Animal Control catches one or two rabid animals.

*claps* Thank you. Rabies is alive and well in nature. All I need to know is that there's one rabid animal CAUGHT and that's enough proof for me to stay the fuck away from wild animals.

Given that we only catch a handful of rabid animals, can you image how many rabid animals we DON'T catch? Obviously enough to keep generating handfuls of newly caught rabid animals year after year.

But for the brave (idiot) souls in this thread that argue up and down that squirrels can't possibly have rabies or any other disease, they can get attacked and not go to the doctor. I wonder how many would just be like "ehh...Google said squirrels are weird and don't carry rabies, I don't need a doctor". I really do wonder :D

PrairieQueen
04-08-2011, 10:26 AM
We have had an increase in stories/cases of rabid animals where I live as well - not near this story, but not sure why the increase in the last few years. I doubt the cop googled the statistics on cases of rabies in squirrels first.

speciallyblend
04-08-2011, 10:36 AM
You're right, it doesn't take rocket science. The smart, efficient, amazing, private individuals stood there just like the dumbass who pepper sprayed the squirrel.

It's great. If I were a student, I wouldn't be holding a camera or be on scene. I'd be inside just like you said, but then again, most people are dumb. Most people are dumb. I don't know how many times I have to say that, but most people are dumb, and there are plenty here that are dumb.

Why didn't these kids go inside? Because they're dumb. Just as dumb as the cop. Who called the police and not animal control? The dumb teachers. Basically, everyone involved in this situation, whether it's the cop, the teachers, the students, or the people in this thread (ex a couple), are dipshits. Apparently people in this thread would argue with a doctor when they get bit by a wild animal that they can't find to do lab tests on because the statistical probability of animal X of having rabies is < 1%.

Then the doctor would bitchslap you with his Ph.D. and tell you to sit your ass down. How many of you are actually intelligent?? I get a kick, and almost feel sorry for you, when a lot of you call into the Peter Schiff Show or get interviewed at freedom rallies. You're great, GREAT behind a computer screen where everyone is just a digital avatar and a forum thread, but when you're in person or on the phone, you're not charismatic, you're socially awkward, and just plain fucking weird. Very impractical.

now go register republican and become a delegate and lay off the caffeine, stop eating the soggy cereal,cereal!! take a valium, you seem to be ranting!! the whole point to this thread is the cop was 100% overreacting bottom line ,awaits another rant!! gets my pepper spray rants can cause rabies:) run away run away

speciallyblend
04-08-2011, 10:38 AM
We have had an increase in stories/cases of rabid animals where I live as well - not near this story, but not sure why the increase in the last few years. I doubt the cop googled the statistics on cases of rabies in squirrels first.

if it makes soggy cereal feel better i cut my pinky and i got a shot:) ouch

Soggy Cereal
04-08-2011, 10:38 AM
now go register republican and become a delegate and lay off the caffeine, stop eating the soggy cereal,cereal!! take a valium, you seem to be ranting!! the whole point to this thread is the cop was 100% overreacting bottom line ,awaits another rant!! gets my pepper spray rants can cause rabies:) run away run away

Another forum regular with 13k ++ posts that is a complete moron. Have you seen daylight since you came across this message board? Do you even remember what a squirrel looks like?

acptulsa
04-08-2011, 10:40 AM

Um, I thought that's what we said. Just before you said we were as dumb as them and had blue skin too.

pcosmar
04-08-2011, 10:40 AM
I doubt the cop googled the statistics on cases of rabies in squirrels first.

Obviously.
http://rabies.emedtv.com/rabies/rabi...squirrels.html

Squirrels are almost never found to be infected with the rabies virus. Squirrels also have not been known to cause rabies in humans within the United States.

jmdrake
04-08-2011, 10:42 AM
Well you learn something new everyday. I didn't know squirrels didn't typically carry rabies. (Seriously). So it's possible I might have overreacted. At the end of the day the squirrel wasn't seriously hurt. I'm not saying what happened is ok. But how many stories are there now of children being tazed, pepper sprayed, having their arms broken, having their arms twisted and put in handcuffs just for having a temper tantrum etc. Does this story have legs for any reason other than it's the first "squirrel story" of this kind?

Really.

Me, I grew up with them.

Kregisen
04-08-2011, 10:43 AM
True story... I once picked up a great horned owl off the side of the road that had been hit, thinking that it was going to die. I drove it about 40 miles to a vet in the cab of my truck and 3/4 the way there it gained consciousness and scared the living daylights out of me.... Luckily, I was able to keep its eyes covered with my jacket but when the vet came to remove it from my truck, the fight was on!!!

What happened after that? Was it able to fly away, did vet have to kill it?

speciallyblend
04-08-2011, 10:44 AM
Another forum regular with 13k ++ posts that is a complete moron. Have you seen daylight since you came across this message board? Do you even remember what a squirrel looks like?

troll alert is all i can say. you have no clue who the f your talking to,more then welcome to come to denver tax day protest and try to say this bullshit to me in face!!

fuck you ,if you didn't hear me clearly ,come to denver ,fuck you!! ban me rpf , but this guy is full of shit and eating it to!!

Trigonx
04-08-2011, 10:50 AM
I would have gotten right next to the squirrel and played(friendly) with it because I never got to interact with squirrels cause they always ran from me. I wouldn't be a punk-bitch who is afraid of an itty bitty squirrel.

teacherone

lol. + rep soggy

thanks for the comedy!

newbitech

this is the second thread I have seen you attacking members with insults. What is your problem?

Trigonx
04-08-2011, 10:52 AM
this is the second thread I have seen you attacking members with insults. What is your problem?

He be trolling, we must troll him instead :). It's fun to troll a troller. Like that fire11 guy, it's fun messing with him.

speciallyblend
04-08-2011, 10:53 AM
lol. + rep soggy

thanks for the comedy!

if you got somthing to say to ,feel free to come to denver and say it to, motherfuckers!! fuck it i will ban myself

pcosmar
04-08-2011, 10:53 AM
Does this story have legs for any reason other than it's the first "squirrel story" of this kind?

Just that is is yet one more example of excessive force being used in a totally unnecessary manner.
As in, establishing a pattern.

teacherone
04-08-2011, 10:54 AM

oh come on.

he's funny.

we need some snark now and then.

teacherone
04-08-2011, 11:02 AM
if you got somthing to say to ,feel free to come to denver and say it to, motherfuckers!! fuck it i will ban myself

did inflation hit your grass supply?

chill out brother-- this is the interwebz.

PrairieQueen
04-08-2011, 11:05 AM
Obviously.
http://rabies.emedtv.com/rabies/rabi...squirrels.html

Saw it the first time you posted it. Is there a reason for posting it again?

pcosmar
04-08-2011, 11:05 AM
this is the interwebz.

Yes, yes it is.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RaWA1vKmSNQ

:D :cool:

pcosmar
04-08-2011, 11:08 AM
Saw it the first time you posted it. Is there a reason for posting it again?

Yes.
Fact v fiction
Education
Countering FUD (fear uncertainty doubt)

And it seemed that some had NOT read it.

newbitech
04-08-2011, 11:09 AM
oh come on.

he's funny.

we need some snark now and then.

Not when he is committing per se Defamation. If he is going to take the liberty of attacking someone's true identity, then he has the responsibility to disclose his.

libertyjam
04-08-2011, 11:10 AM
Going back and watching the video now I would say that the squirrel certainly didn't seem to be acting aggressive or rabid to me. It looked to me like someone said, to be looking for a handout of food or lost and looking for a mother surrogate. I would have been cautious of it but not afraid. Also I would have expected no other response from the police. Most of the time police are very narrow minded thinkers, they are taught to think in only one way with a limited number of responses to apply to any situation. I think that is why this story has legs. The old saying, when your only tool is a hammer everything looks like a nail comes to mind.

Brian4Liberty
04-08-2011, 11:15 AM
another forum regular with 13k ++ posts that is a complete moron. Have you seen daylight since you came across this message board? Do you even remember what a squirrel looks like?

fyi:

+ insulting or personally attacking other users is not allowed by any member. There is very little tolerance for violations, particular for new members. Reason: Insults lead to retaliation. This often results in a disruption of the board, which dilute the resources of members and the intent of the forum.

+ any form of antagonizing other members is not allowed by non-established members.

+ if you are to be critical of another users ideas or message please do so in a respectful manner. It is possible to discuss your points as to why you feel the way you do, ideally you should include alternate suggestions or acknowledge you have none.

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?22-forum-guidelines-moderation-process-and-problems-registering

PrairieQueen
04-08-2011, 11:15 AM
Yes.
Fact v fiction
Education
Countering FUD (fear uncertainty doubt)

And it seemed that some had NOT read it.

OK but I don't think that was their point. Without knowing, most are going to err on the side of caution. That's all.

Occam's Banana
04-08-2011, 11:16 AM

And while you're at it, look up the definition of "'squirrelly" - then take a wild stab at guessing what animal inspired the word.

pcosmar
04-08-2011, 11:17 AM
And while you're at it, look up the definition of "'squirrelly" - then take a wild stab at guessing what animal inspired the word.

Exactly.

Brian4Liberty
04-08-2011, 11:22 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cpc9es50vjw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cpc9es50vjw

Krugerrand
04-08-2011, 11:26 AM

I don't think this guy is a troll ... I think he's part of the police brotherhood. Why else would somebody believe that because the police are called physical violence on their part is needed.

AF - when are we supposed to call the police?

pcosmar
04-08-2011, 11:30 AM
I don't think this guy is a troll ... I think he's part of the police brotherhood. Why else would somebody believe that because the police are called physical violence on their part is needed.

He wasn't called. He is a School Resource Officer. (bizarre concept). He works at the school. The students knew him by name.

Justinjj1
04-08-2011, 11:38 AM
Really.

Me, I grew up with them.

That's interesting considering that my mom's friend was hospitalized with rabies after being attacked and bitten by an infected squirrel.

Anti Federalist
04-08-2011, 11:39 AM

Jeez, I really wish I could find a picture of Daniel Stern in Home Alone where he shouts "NEVER"!!!

I see Constituent's alter ego wandered into this thread, LOL

pcosmar
04-08-2011, 11:48 AM
That's interesting considering that my mom's friend was hospitalized with rabies after being attacked and bitten by an infected squirrel.
And I wonder how much profit there is it unnecessary treatments.

I also remember when I could buy rabies vaccinations for my dogs and give the shots myself.
Now they are unavailable and it is necessary to see a Vet and pay for an office visit and well as a hugely marked up shot.

What used to cost me $2 now costs $100.
Which I don't have.

s35wf
04-08-2011, 12:03 PM
welcome
it's hard to read and nearly impossible to do so quietly.

I'm rather fond of the little tree rats. Have known some tame (but not domesticated) that are quite affectionate. and entertaining.

the op video was ROFL :D

Im very fond of the little tree rats also. While living in the MidWest, I had a Cat that used to hang out with the squirrels. He used to actually sit up on his hind legs, just like a squirrel. When eating he used to scoop his wet food out of the bowl with his front paws and eat just like a squirrel. It was quite comical :D

That was years ago, he is dead now, his name was Buddy.:(

reduen
04-08-2011, 12:08 PM
What happened after that? Was it able to fly away, did vet have to kill it?

I talked to the vet a few months later and he told me that the animal was not seriously hurt. They released it back into the wild in a couple of weeks time...

Oh yeah, I was not gonna tell this part but he also advised me not to transport an animal like that again. He said that the owl could have done serious damage to my person and it would be best for me just to give them a call next time. He also told me that my putting a jacket over the owls head is what saved me from almost certain injury.... lol

Hey, the big beautiful owl lived and nobody was hurt. Isn't that what really counts here? :)

Anti Federalist
04-08-2011, 12:10 PM

I also remember when I could buy rabies vaccinations for my dogs and give the shots myself.
Now they are unavailable and it is necessary to see a Vet and pay for an office visit and well as a hugely marked up shot.

Which I don't have.

FYI

Michigan is one of the states that does not prohibit self vaccinating your animals for rabies.

10 doses for 13 bucks, I'm assuming hypos are not included.

So maybe $30 by the time all the dust settles.

http://dogvaccine4less.com/cgi-bin/hw4l6/rtl/phd.cgi?Autoincrement=000337&tag_rf=Rabies Vaccine

AFPVet
04-08-2011, 12:13 PM
FYI

Michigan is one of the states that does not prohibit self vaccinating your animals for rabies.

10 doses for 13 bucks, I'm assuming hypos are not included.

So maybe $30 by the time all the dust settles.

http://dogvaccine4less.com/cgi-bin/hw4l6/rtl/phd.cgi?Autoincrement=000337&tag_rf=Rabies Vaccine

Why shouldn't you be able to give the injections yourself... as long as you get the tags to put on the collar which say you did.

pcosmar
04-08-2011, 12:23 PM
Why shouldn't you be able to give the injections yourself... as long as you get the tags to put on the collar which say you did.

Used to be able to. I got them from Foster and Smith and they came with tags.
Then they discontinued sales. Vets were losing money.

I will have to check out the one AF posted. It would be nice to have them all vaccinated again.
just for peace of mind.

reduen
04-08-2011, 12:24 PM
Guys/gals, I know what the real story was...!

Originally the officer and his buddies had trained the squirrel and its family to terrorize the students in order to keep them inline but the squirrel and his family found out that the officers planned to do them in when they were finished using them so they started terrorizing the officers instead.

This turn of events gave the officers no choice but to take whatever actions necessary to save themselves and the rest of collegedome. The officer is really a hero for thwarting yet another terroristic squirrel and its band of evil squirrelicide bombers!

Next headline coming:

Controversial Interrogation Techniques Used On Rabid Terrorist Squirrel Family! – Was water boarding justified?

Yieu
04-08-2011, 12:55 PM
I talked to the vet a few months later and he told me that the animal was not seriously hurt. They released it back into the wild in a couple of weeks time...

Oh yeah, I was not gonna tell this part but he also advised me not to transport an animal like that again. He said that the owl could have done serious damage to my person and it would be best for me just to give them a call next time. He also told me that my putting a jacket over the owls head is what saved me from almost certain injury.... lol

Hey, the big beautiful owl lived and nobody was hurt. Isn't that what really counts here? :)

Thank you for saving the animal's life, even though it was dangerous to your own. +Rep, that was a good karmic action.

Pericles
04-08-2011, 01:28 PM
Guys/gals, I know what the real story was...!

Originally the officer and his buddies had trained the squirrel and its family to terrorize the students in order to keep them inline but the squirrel and his family found out that the officers planned to do them in when they were finished using them so they started terrorizing the officers instead.

This turn of events gave the officers no choice but to take whatever actions necessary to save themselves and the rest of collegedome. The officer is really a hero for thwarting yet another terroristic squirrel and its band of evil squirrelicide bombers!

Next headline coming:

Controversial Interrogation Techniques Used On Rabid Terrorist Squirrel Family! – Was water boarding justified?

No, this is the real story:

I was undercover in my squirrel disguise because I knew the resource officer was working on the sly for the SPLC trying to infiltrate a local militia. One of the kids suspected something was up, when all Hell broke loose. That is why I have not been posting much over the last couple of days.

You just can't make this stuff up.:rolleyes:

daviddee
04-08-2011, 01:32 PM

Krugerrand
04-08-2011, 01:36 PM
I honestly can not think of any reason to call the police. I believe it is necessary to call the police if you enforce your Castle Doctrine rights. I would attempt to call the medical examiner first and then let them call the police or just have my lawyer contact the police about the body.

As AF has posted in the past, your odds of great bodily harm/death increase massively when in contact with police. With this data you really need to ask yourself is it worth the risk calling the police.

*** After sitting here for 5 minutes before hitting submit reply*** I really can not think of any possible reason to call the police. I never have and I am at a loss trying to think of any reason why I would call (except after I enforced my Castle Doctrine rights)... and in that case it would merely be that I would not want to have to dig a hole and deal with a possible biohazard situation.

I'll dial 911 when I'm on the road to report a road hazard that I may have passed by.

Anti Federalist
04-08-2011, 01:47 PM

Vet lobby.

And yes, these come with the tags.

Son of Detroit
04-08-2011, 01:59 PM
Only on RPF can a thread about squirrels spark a 10 page debate.

Anti Federalist
04-08-2011, 02:04 PM
I honestly can not think of any reason to call the police. I believe it is necessary to call the police if you enforce your Castle Doctrine rights. I would attempt to call the medical examiner first and then let them call the police or just have my lawyer contact the police about the body.

As AF has posted in the past, your odds of great bodily harm/death increase massively when in contact with police. With this data you really need to ask yourself is it worth the risk calling the police.

*** After sitting here for 5 minutes before hitting submit reply*** I really can not think of any possible reason to call the police. I never have and I am at a loss trying to think of any reason why I would call (except after I enforced my Castle Doctrine rights)... and in that case it would merely be that I would not want to have to dig a hole and deal with a possible biohazard situation.

Agreed.

There are almost no reasons I can give to call cops into a situation.

Almost always, they will just aggravate an already bad situation.

daviddee
04-08-2011, 03:13 PM

specsaregood
04-08-2011, 03:17 PM

Which I don't have.

Yeah, I was surprised recently when I found out you can get most pet vaccinations online for only a couple bucks. That is what I'm doing now; because the last vet trips were trying to send me to the poor house.

http://www.jefferspet.com/rabvac3/p/11538/
Rabies vaccination. I haven't used them yet though.

You might want to check for inexpensive clinics though, our township does a yearly rabies vaccination for "free", but you have to pay for the $15 pet license. Still a helluva lot cheaper than a vet trip.

Anti Federalist
04-08-2011, 03:29 PM
I would be interested in finding/generating statistics on how often the person that calls the police is arrested.

I suspect it is quite high.

Most times I have seen pigs show up to a scene and the arrest both people (the one that called and the one stupid enough to stick around).

"Anything you say can and will be used against you"

I'm a little busy right now so I can't search for it, but there was a thread that documented how much more dangerous it was to come in contact with cops than with just regular old mundanes.

Anti Federalist
04-08-2011, 03:44 PM
WRT ^^^

Here it is.

Documents how much more at risk you are with a cop encounter.

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?254109-Report-released-on-nationwide-police-misconduct

FrankRep
04-08-2011, 04:14 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PuK4OFtaIb4

puppetmaster
04-08-2011, 04:47 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y8Kyi0WNg40