PDA

View Full Version : And So It Begins! Deadbeat Illinois Turned Away by Bank of America.

AuH20
04-07-2011, 09:08 PM
This is just the beginning!!

http://biggovernment.com/jbambenek/2011/04/07/bank-of-america-to-cancel-state-of-illinois-company-cards/

Cowlesy
04-07-2011, 09:12 PM
If that was an official communication on behalf of the State government, they're in a lot more trouble than I originally thought. It looks like it was written by a nine year old.

specsaregood
04-07-2011, 09:33 PM
If that was an official communication on behalf of the State government, they're in a lot more trouble than I originally thought. It looks like it was written by a nine year old.

you aren't kidding. i blame the internet.

acptulsa
04-07-2011, 09:39 PM
It's not what you know in Illinois.

The whole state runs on hot air.

nate895
04-07-2011, 09:40 PM
It's not what you know in Illinois.

The whole state runs on hot air.

It takes a lot of hot air to convince dead voters, that's why.

tangent4ronpaul
04-07-2011, 10:37 PM
CA and NY should be next

FrankRep
04-07-2011, 10:38 PM
What you say!

Folks:

Not to send panic, but just a heads up to each of you as to what’s happening.

Bank of America is cancelling the contract with the State of Illinois effective April 22, 2011. They will not do another contract extension for the State of Illinos. So what does that mean? On April 23, 2011 at 12:01 a.m., the cards currently held by IDPH employees will no longer be valid. The State has been trying to finda new vendor, encourage BoA to give us a few more months, but as of this writing has been unsuccessful on all fronts. So what does this mean to our travelers? Most establishments will not direct bill especially conferences, (prior approval needed by travel office for this process) so persons required to travel will have to put charges on their personal charge cards or set aside personal funds on prepaid travel card, or pay cash out of pocket. For those who are non-GRF [General Revenue Fund] this should be not big deal, but to those traveling on GRF, this could have an impact.

One additional details are received. I will share that information with you so that you can share with our travelers.

Unti then . . . this is just a heads up!!!!

Kludge
04-08-2011, 02:19 AM
Doesn't appear to be covered by any other news source. Is there any evidence the email came from where alleged and is legitimate? There also isn't evidence it's because of Illinois' deficit. I'd guess if it weren't something more simple like BofA being unable to provide the rates & fee scheduling the IL gov't wants, it's likely a protest of IL's new corporate income tax rate increase being imposed. http://www.taxfoundation.org/publications/show/26965.html

EndDaFed
04-08-2011, 02:54 AM
A failed bank dumping a failed state. That whole article is full of fail.

aGameOfThrones
04-08-2011, 05:06 AM
Comment from the site.

Chris0102:

I made the mistake of taking a State contract for 50 computer systems ONCE. This was in a State that did not have problems (at that time) and it took me over 5 months to get paid. All that time I was paying interest on the money I had to borrow to buy the systems. All that time I was hand holding the total idiots who had no clue how to operate a system.

You see, I put a reasonable markup on my systems but that markup is only reasonable when dealing with the private sector. In time, labor and interest I LOST about $17 on each system. Now I understand why all the other bids came in almost $300 higher per system than mine. I Will NEVER sell to ANY government department again!!!

It wasn't nice having to pay over $800 out of my own pocket for the 'privilege' of doing business with the State.