PDA

View Full Version : May 5th Debate -- Greenville, SC -- Official Organization Thread

georgia_tech_swagger
04-07-2011, 07:26 PM
Looking for tickets?? Visit this thread and get them NOW! They're almost gone! http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?286711-SC-Debate-May-5-ticket-info-here-100-donation-to-SCGOP-required

Give this thread some Reddit love here: http://www.reddit.com/r/ronpaul/comments/gl7qj/organizing_for_may_5th_gop_debate_in_greenville/

So, since I've sort of became the defacto organizer for my previous R[evol]utionizing in the area ... let's go ahead and get this baby going.

Some goals:

1) A visually overwhelming presence outside the debate. I was at the peace center for Ron's rally last go around so I'm somewhat familiar. I'll find out what areas are blocked off for TV crews/security, and then figure out where maximum foot traffic is so I know where we need to be. We need some serious freedom fighters willing to get there early to soak up cement space for the good guys. Though not a high priority, it would be nice to have some sort of status update on the money bomb while we're out there. If it's a guy with laptop and a 3g card hooked up to a TV running on a small portable generator or a giant whiteboard ... I don't care ... I just want to see it there somewhere. Ideas on that?

2) Collection of lots of footage to be used by the R[evol]ution in future videos. I have a Panasonic Lumix FZ35 that shoots 720p native. It's gorgeous, but it's no 1080p professional camera either. People with serious a/v equipment willing to come out and video, and license it under creative commons for use by the campaign are needed.

3) Have a Ron Paul rally previous day or same day after debate. Preferrably after the debate close by. The Peace Center has an outside amphitheater Ron Paul has used for a rally once before. If it's afterwards, all the press is already in the right spot, and it will offer him a chance to give rebuttal if he's snubbed for airtime in the debates. I don't even know who to begin to approach to make this happen.

4) Get our highway spam on ... I was part of the team who did this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=njdzXoEY4Qg

5) Further suggestions?

acptulsa
04-07-2011, 07:31 PM
In the meantime, can we do something on this subject?

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?286754-Government-Shutdown-on-the-150th-Anniversary-of-Forte-Sumter

IDefendThePlatform
04-07-2011, 07:47 PM
Goal 5)

Get as many people INSIDE the debate as possible. Loud applause highly encouraged for the good Dr. That is seriously a huge lift for people watching on TV to hear the audience supporting what a candidate says. GREAT advertising for us, and makes our ideas seem more mainstream.

Please, if you can get tickets, go to the debate. Thanks

sailingaway
04-07-2011, 07:52 PM
A lot of the kids in that video will be old enough to vote this time...

georgia_tech_swagger
04-07-2011, 07:55 PM
Yea, out of our team of 5 or 6 only 2 or 3 were able to vote in '07.

po14015
04-07-2011, 08:10 PM
Goal 5)

Get as many people INSIDE the debate as possible. Loud applause highly encouraged for the good Dr. That is seriously a huge lift for people watching on TV to hear the audience supporting what a candidate says. GREAT advertising for us, and makes our ideas seem more mainstream.

Not that I disagree with as many people inside, but I was at 5 debates in 2007. What you hear on the TV is not what happens. I recorded all the debates on the TV, and it was amazing how they could remove or add sound. You can tell when the applause for Ron Paul was so loud that Anderson Cooper just sits on TV for 3-4 seconds with no sound. They just basically cut it all out. He even says "Please hold all applause until the end of the debate." Hmmmm, wonder why he said that.

Someone once said that they also put microphones in the sections with the candidate's family to get the applause. I was 20 rows off stage and a few seats from Chuck Norris and the family of the candidates. And what I experienced and saw on TV were two different events.

Estanislao
04-07-2011, 08:17 PM
I've got a huge cold air balloon if there's an area for it.

devil21
04-07-2011, 09:16 PM
4) Get our highway spam on ... I was part of the team who did this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=njdzXoEY4Qg

5) Further suggestions?

I really hope people will pay attention to WHERE signs are put up. We caught a lot of negative flack last election for putting signs in places that disrupted traffic and fell into the roadways and stuff like that. Pay attention to where you put up signs!

I've got a huge cold air balloon if there's an area for it.

Could you get it to Greenville SC no problem?

georgia_tech_swagger
04-08-2011, 08:40 AM
Could you get it to Greenville SC no problem?

Yea, he's local, I know him. That's not a problem.

sailingaway
04-08-2011, 09:10 AM
It bugs me that C4L doesn't have anything about Ron going. Townhall and realclearpolitics are now saying Ron will be one of the attendees, but a different politico story today says the event 'expects' at least 5 candidates, but that only 2 have 'publicly committed'.... not sure the difference between being 'expected' and 'committing...' http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0411/52791.html

sailingaway
04-08-2011, 09:18 AM
OK, I've now seen a blog at whitehouse2012 or whatever it is (the one that hates Ron) that says the event planners say 'several candidates have 'informally committed' but have not publicly declared they are coming'. that might explain it.

drmikevasovski
04-08-2011, 09:43 AM
I will bring the 8 "Google Ron Paul" helium blimp that hung from the ceiling at the Target center at the Rally for the Republic in Minn/St.Paul. It fly again where ever the press can get the best view of it around the Peace center.

What a perfectly named place to have a debate that will include a candidate who believes in the foreign policy of the founding fathers.

Let's have the Rally after the debate. The one in Myrtle Beach after the debate was super well attended and gave RP a wonderful platform to rebut any hanging chads.

po14015
04-08-2011, 10:16 AM
I think someone should set up a Chip In to help S.C. pay for some of this. The budget on this event should be around $10,000.

Supplies you may need:

300 Signs for Sign Waving
500 Signs with posts for around the event
10 Nice Banners at key locations with a few saying (FOX: Welcome to the Ron Paul Debate)
50-100 Homemade Banners

Flags
Microphone
Ron Paul DVD to play if there is TV/Video
Ron Paul Music

Flyers for College campuses
Professional Videographers
Direct Mailing/Phone Banking local precinct lists
Map of area to handout to Ron Paul Patriots and people inside the Debate (Locations for parking, events, signs wavings, food, etc)

Tent for rain if outside
Folding Tables
Decorations like balloons, ribbons, etc.

Lots of Ron Paul products
A great press release

georgia_tech_swagger
04-08-2011, 10:21 AM
The budget on this event should be around $10,000.

WTF! This is a grassroots rally not a county fair.

You and I need to talk more about grassroots guerrilla politics on the cheap. We cranked out 10 foot wide by 2 foot high signs for about a dime each in 2007.

I practice what I preach on fiscal conservatism. $10K is a waste. I feel even $1K would be too high.

speciallyblend
04-08-2011, 10:31 AM
WTF! This is a grassroots rally not a county fair.

You and I need to talk more about grassroots guerrilla politics on the cheap. We cranked out 10 foot wide by 2 foot high signs for about a dime each in 2007.

I practice what I preach on fiscal conservatism. $10K is a waste. I feel even $1K would be too high.

i can sleep at night knowing this is in good hands:) now go kick some AZZZZZZZZZZ!!!:)

po14015
04-08-2011, 10:45 AM
You can't even buy the signs for $1,000. What is your copy budget on even black and white handouts (you will need 2,000-5,000 flyers)? Which by the way if you hand the media or a CEO of a fortune 500 company a black and white handout, guess what they will think?

1,000 people attend times $10 = $10,000

If you spend less than $1,000 you will get an event that people say: "Yes, I went. It was fun."

If you organize by renting the right venues, having professional and homemade signs than people will say: "That was unbelievable." and start to tear up for years later.

Talk to anyone who went to the St. Pete Debate in 2007 and see their reaction. Our event was so impressive that an executive from Nickelodeon had their camera crews drive down an hour away to interview my friend's daughter the next morning because Ron Paul wasn't going to be in the Kids Presidential Choice Show.

Is that worth the $10,000? Notice most of the footage is from St. Pete-the boats, the signs wavings, etc.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x19drkJwBjk

po14015
04-08-2011, 11:17 AM
This was the flyer to the St. Pete Debate:

4.2 MB pdf
http://www.ronpaulproducts.com/pictures/RP%20Invitation_PROOF.pdf

georgia_tech_swagger
04-08-2011, 01:26 PM
You can't even buy the signs for $1,000. What is your copy budget on even black and white handouts (you will need 2,000-5,000 flyers)? Which by the way if you hand the media or a CEO of a fortune 500 company a black and white handout, guess what they will think?

1,000 people attend times $10 = $10,000

If you spend less than $1,000 you will get an event that people say: "Yes, I went. It was fun."

If you organize by renting the right venues, having professional and homemade signs than people will say: "That was unbelievable." and start to tear up for years later.

Talk to anyone who went to the St. Pete Debate in 2007 and see their reaction. Our event was so impressive that an executive from Nickelodeon had their camera crews drive down an hour away to interview my friend's daughter the next morning because Ron Paul wasn't going to be in the Kids Presidential Choice Show.

Is that worth the $10,000? Notice most of the footage is from St. Pete-the boats, the signs wavings, etc.

I suggest you watch the original video I linked to in post one. Every sign you see there cost roughly a dime to make... most of it in spray paint.

$10 per attendee is ridiculous. That may inflate your coffers, but it's wasted. Most of the serious people already have signs anyway. This isn't some by the book marketing operation. We're not going to do a SWOT analysis ... there is no need to erect some pointless infrastructure. This is nebulous work ... guerrilla marketing. The open source software of marketing, as opposed to your top down bloated middle management Microsoft style approach. If supporters of this effort want some of your products, they'll buy them. But I'm not going to make it some crazy organizational effort, goal, or mandate.

If you want to raise $10K do it ... it's a free country. But I won't help you, and I would suggest such funds are better redirected to LibertyPAC.

Stop trying to row the boat of your own products and start rowing with the rest of us. This movement is bigger than me, bigger than you, and bigger than your product company.

zerosdontcount
04-08-2011, 01:51 PM
Couldn't agree more. LibertyPAC would do better with 10,000 dollars and professional campaigners. This is grassroots and we can still make a huge rally with what we have.

sailingaway
04-08-2011, 02:38 PM
Couldn't agree more. LibertyPAC would do better with 10,000 dollars and professional campaigners. This is grassroots and we can still make a huge rally with what we have.

The 'homemade' look is sort of a trademark, too, and so effective that the astroturf parts of the tea parties copied it, although they handed out 'homemade signs' while the real tea parties made their own. We should fundraise for things we can't make ourselves, but not for things we can make.

po14015
04-08-2011, 09:15 PM

Funny, I hope you are joking. "He's catching on, I tell you." And if someone doesn't get this joke than they weren't here in the 2008 campaign. FWIW, my actions including the St Pete Debate and the fact that I was either number 1 or number 2 in recruiting precinct leaders, resulted in the Official Campaign hiring me.

I will help out anyway I can, but what is the goal here?

Are we just planning to do the same thing that we did in 2008 and get the same result? Have a big rah rah rally with the same people? Have the media and the people going into the debate laugh at the attempt? Have the media make us a side note or not mention us at all?

Or are we going to learn and do more? And actually have an effect on people outside of "the choir"? Hand out flyers to the SC GOP days prior to the event or at the debate. Try to let people know that Ron Paul is in town that may not even know.

The people on this forum (and Ron Paul Patriots in general) are some of the most talented and smartest people I have ever met. For us to do the same thing all of again and not learn from our mistakes seems like a great travesty.

Do we think the grassroots spending $70,000 on 7 National Debates will change what the LibertyPAC does or how much media attention we get? And the people here know how to spend it better than anyone else hence the reason for a Chip In or several people stepping up to fund it.

My advice is free, so take it or leave it. I just believe that we can achieve more.

sailingaway
04-08-2011, 09:25 PM
Funny, I hope you are joking. "He's catching on, I tell you." And if someone doesn't get this joke than they weren't here in the 2008 campaign. FWIW, my actions including the St Pete Debate and the fact that I was either number 1 or number 2 in recruiting precinct leaders, resulted in the Official Campaign hiring me.

I will help out anyway I can, but what is the goal here?

Are we just planning to do the same thing that we did in 2008 and get the same result? Have a big rah rah rally with the same people? Have the media and the people going into the debate laugh at the attempt? Have the media make us a side note or not mention us at all?

Or are we going to learn and do more? And actually have an effect on people outside of "the choir"? Hand out flyers to the SC GOP days prior to the event or at the debate. Try to let people know that Ron Paul is in town that may not even know.

The people on this forum (and Ron Paul Patriots in general) are some of the most talented and smartest people I have ever met. For us to do the same thing all of again and not learn from our mistakes seems like a great travesty.

Do we think the grassroots spending $70,000 on 7 National Debates will change what the LibertyPAC does or how much media attention we get? And the people here know how to spend it better than anyone else hence the reason for a Chip In or several people stepping up to fund it.

My advice is free, so take it or leave it. I just believe that we can achieve more.

$10 per person just sounds like overkill for something like $200 a guy here printed up some double sided multicolored flyers, 1000 I believe, and handed them out at the first NH straw poll.....

And while I would have put different internet links, they looked great. I'll see if I can find the link.

sailingaway
04-08-2011, 09:29 PM
$10 per person just sounds like overkill for something line $200 a guy here printed up some double sided multicolored flyers, 1000 I believe, and handed them out at the first NH straw poll.....

And while I would have put different internet links, they looked great. I'll see if I can find the link.

I don't see the link right now, but shemdogg has the pdf and here is what they looked like:

http://i1193.photobucket.com/albums/aa342/mr113/IMG_8034-1.jpg

http://i1193.photobucket.com/albums/aa342/mr113/MosaicHandoutSide2.jpg

and those could be used again, as is or updated, we have the printer info on who did them.

I'm not saying there shouldn't be something, but $10 per person just seems high.

po14015
04-08-2011, 09:53 PM
So people here will "donate" $100 to the SC GOP and not think twice? But ask $10 for an after debate rally is crazy?

Anyone who organizes these events is a FUNNEL. It is organizing people to be at certain places at certain times for the largest effect.

If I get off of work at 3pm, 5pm, or 7pm will make a huge difference where I should be. Or if I have to leave and come back. Where should I go? Hence spending $400 on 2,000 flyers with info and maps is a great investment.

This time, Ron Paul will bring MORE people than last time. But if we can't funnel them all together we lose some of the effect.

The venue is the most expensive part. In many areas, this will cost $2,000-$4,000. But if we can get it cheaper: GREAT.

I am not saying you have to have two trolley's, two airplanes, and several banners like this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=woWsWOoBMYo

But at least don't be afraid to spend some money on the grassroots.

And I want everyone to realize that this video is at about 1 A.M. with a overflowing theater out of the elements.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ffRq1yZ4uYY

(Edit in Part after SailingAway)
I like the flyer, but I would custom it to this event with times and a map. Seriously, the Ron Paul After Debate event could be bigger than the Republican Debate if we organize correctly. And I believe this to be more true the closer we get to the actual primaries.

If I was at the debate and was handed that flyer, I would be more likely to go to the event to meet him.

georgia_tech_swagger
04-08-2011, 10:25 PM
I don't see the link right now, but shemdogg has the pdf and here is what they looked like:

... snip ... epic Ron Paul flyer ...

and those could be used again, as is or updated, we have the printer info on who did them.

I'm not saying there shouldn't be something, but $10 per person just seems high.

I must have those PDFs.

sailingaway
04-08-2011, 10:52 PM
So people here will "donate" $100 to the SC GOP and not think twice? But ask $10 for an after debate rally is crazy?

(Edit in Part after SailingAway)
I like the flyer, but I would custom it to this event with times and a map. Seriously, the Ron Paul After Debate event could be bigger than the Republican Debate if we organize correctly. And I believe this to be more true the closer we get to the actual primaries.

If I was at the debate and was handed that flyer, I would be more likely to go to the event to meet him.

I misunderstood you, I thought you were saying you wanted to spend $10 per attendee at the debate, not have people donate $10. I don't know that $10000 is needed, though, but a chip in once actual costs are defined and explained would be fairly par.

sailingaway
04-08-2011, 10:55 PM
I must have those PDFs.

pm shemdogg, or search for it, it was posted, but I didn't see it quickly.

Also, the printer should be able to change the link to ronpaul.com to ronpaulforums.com and you might want to add the dailypaul. We aren't sure who ronpaul.com is, and apparently they jumped in and picked up the campaign video youtube account when it accidentally lapsed after 2008 and didn't give it back when asked so some people wonder about them. They do run a great site, but I'm just saying the writing on the writing side can be altered. I can get you the thread where the printer info was, if that helps.

sailingaway
04-08-2011, 11:01 PM
here is the link with the printer info, this was from 2007, so prices might be different than listed (it says $79 for 1000 but that was then). This was before it was modified this year for new hampshire, you still need the updated pdf from shemdogg

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?269155-I-need-help-now-creating-RP-2012-literature-for-NH.&p=2989878&viewfull=1#post2989878

po14015
04-08-2011, 11:53 PM
Maybe $10,000 is high, it is just a nice round number. Some expenses might all of a sudden spring up. Many here may laugh that we had a trolley and a bus, but we had to move 1,000 people from 4 locations that were a fair distances apart. It was worth every penny. And some of the ideas I am putting up might not happen for S.C. but at the next ones it will. This kind of event should be planned 3 months in advance.

Budget (and keep in mind you just might be working with over a thousand people):

Venue: We need to start holding every venue we can. It will give us a bigger selection when we decide, and it keeps other campaigns from getting them. And if it is open to the elements, a large tent might be needed if it rains.

Parking: Finding a group rate or renting a parking lot for the day may sound silly at first. But understand that there will be a lot of people in a very small area. Having the ability to come and go is very important. Sometimes you can rent a park that has parking with it.

Flyers: $500? (maybe several designs: One can be an invitation and another the flyer) Please if you can make great designs, step up. Keep in mind that you will be handing these to people in the GOP. I am not sure if RonPaulForums.com is the best place for that type. I wish RonPaulLibrary.com was still up.

Campaign Signs without posts: .99 cents a sign plus shipping

Homemade Signs: $100?

Banners: This is more for fun. Having a banner with Ron Paul's face on it welcoming everyone off the planes saying "FOX: Welcome to the Ron Paul Debate" is just an extra touch. These are custom, and I would have to call for the price.

Paper Wristbands: These are cheap and it was great at our event. They can be different colors and with enough time ahead can have a logo. These can also help see if someone has donated, volunteered, or is media. Special seats can also be saved for these people.

Flags: The background behind Ron Paul should be very carefully considered.

Press Release: Someone here has to do this. In order for the media to be there, we have to invite them.

So here is the list I first posted:
(Please add or subtract what you think)

Supplies you may need:

300 Signs for Sign Waving
500 Signs with posts for around the event
10 Nice Banners at key locations with a few saying (FOX: Welcome to the Ron Paul Debate)
50-100 Homemade Banners

Flags
Microphone
Ron Paul DVD to play if there is TV/Video
Ron Paul Music

Flyers for College campuses
Professional Videographers
Direct Mailing/Phone Banking local precinct lists
Map of area to handout to Ron Paul Patriots and people inside the Debate (Locations for parking, events, signs wavings, food, etc)

Tent for rain if outside
Folding Tables
Decorations like balloons, ribbons, etc.

Lots of Ron Paul products
A great press release

Thomas
04-09-2011, 12:42 AM
Do we know how many tickets are left? How many have our people bought? We can raise money through ChipIn for tickets if needed. I doubt campaign material will be allowed inside the debate. If we show up in force I hope our people are respectful and not obnoxious, we already have a bad stigma. A public relations disaster would be a terrible way to start a campaign.

po14015
04-09-2011, 06:17 AM
Do we know how many tickets are left? How many have our people bought? We can raise money through ChipIn for tickets if needed. I doubt campaign material will be allowed inside the debate. If we show up in force I hope our people are respectful and not obnoxious, we already have a bad stigma. A public relations disaster would be a terrible way to start a campaign.

You are right. They most likely won't let you have campaign material in the debate. And security is extremely tight. Also, a huge area around the debate is closed off with the parking most likely inside that closed off area. What we did was have the flyers in the car outside. When the debate was over, we got the flyers and stood outside the doors. We simply said politely with a smile "You are going to the Ron Paul Debate." Many people took the flyers. By the way the St Pete Debate and the other 4 debates I was at were half empty. They pushed people down closer to the stage to make them "full" for cameras. With the Tea Party, I am not sure if this will still be true or not.

What we should do is get a list of the Republican Executive Committees and large donors in the area and mail them the invitation. It might cost an extra $50-$100. And if we make it look nice, the impression left is huge. So not only are you getting them a mailing on Ron Paul, but they can take action to meet him. Same goes for phone banking. A simple call to people saying "Hello, my name is ***** and I am calling to let you know Presidential candidate Ron Paul will be in Greensville on May 5. If you would like to meet him, please go to RonPaulDebate.com for more information." This could add an additional hundred people who don't keep up with this to an event.

sailingaway
04-09-2011, 07:48 AM
They likely won't let you have material in the debate, but as they leave is different. At the tea party event in AZ recently, Freedom's Phoenix got a helium tank (renting the tank was $100) and these balloons (I don't know where he got them, but we should ask). We could give them out outside afterwards... They are just leftovers from the last campaign, so I don't know how many there are. I don't think we need a new run saying 'who is Ron Paul' any more, the guy has 70% name recognition, but I don't know that people would be making new ones at least until we have a campaign web site to put on. But I don't know how much a new run costs.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Mme4xspLHo

And I think you are wrong about putting Ron Paul forums' link on there. We didn't yet have the LibertyPac.com link yet and that should be put in, I think we already had ronpaul.org so this was a link specifically for people who wanted to get involved in the grass roots, and many do. I did, last time. I think the ronpaul2012 facebook thing is on too, but if it is it should say it isn't affiliated with the campaign, I think.

I had also suggested, but am not sure if it was put on, saying 'paid for by grass roots supporters not affiliated with any political campaign'. I don't know if that is strictly speaking 'good enough' to satisfy that obligation, but when it is a group project I don't know how else to do it.

sailingaway
04-09-2011, 06:53 PM
Here's a link to a flyer done for Iowa, social issues in particular, might work for SC too: http://i.imgur.com/mPBxO.jpg

back http://i.imgur.com/tW0y6.jpg

Razmear
04-10-2011, 07:34 PM
re: post #23 artwork.
All the originals are at my site: http://RonPaulMosaic.com and are free to use and download and edit.
I placed them in the /ad folder, so if you have an adblocker enabled you might need to disable it to see the Ames ad on the front page and click to the source files.
I know my 'mirror' is good, if another one rotates in, it might be from 2007 and expired, just hit reload til the local one pops again.

Also, I'm in Anderson, SC, about 20 miles south of Greenville. If anyone wants to plan a bannering party, or some outside the event activities, let me know and I'll help however I can. We hung a lot of highway banners for the 2008 race (even in front of FOX News on I 85) and I'm down to start playing again for this election.
I have no interest in giving the GOP $100, but if someone wants to sneak me in as a guest, I'd be happy to attend.

You can either PM me, send me an email [eb]AT[2323]DOT[us] or find me on facebook. http://www.facebook.com/Razmear

I'm catching up late on the latest news, but I'm ready to start tearing shit up again for 2012 :D
eb

sailingaway
04-10-2011, 07:46 PM
Thank you!

georgia_tech_swagger
04-12-2011, 11:52 AM
Many thanks to Dr. Mike for putting forward a prize bounty of 5 debate tickets, free, for people willing to get their hands dirty doing the trenches work to get ready for this debate. See Razmear if you have a penchant for working for liberty, and would like to join the team of people he is putting together to make approximately one metric buttload of banners.

You will need to notify Razmear of your name, address, and contact info as this must be submitted to the SCGOP for background checks. You must also do this soon -- so don't dawdle!

Razmear
04-12-2011, 12:03 PM
You will need to notify Razmear of your name, address, and contact info as this must be submitted to the SCGOP for background checks. You must also do this soon -- so don't dawdle!

What exactly am I doing with this list of names?

Anyways, If anyone coming to town wants to camp in Anderson, SC (about 25 miles from Greenville), or wants to help make banners, or do some midnight highway banner hanging, let me know.

I still have to touch base with GA Tech to get the details about the tickets and stuff. For me attending would be cool, but I'm more concerned with getting positive results than getting a seat inside.

Razmear
04-12-2011, 12:08 PM
http://www.facebook.com/home.php?sk=group_100357026717894
May 5 Banner Factory facebook group.

georgia_tech_swagger
04-12-2011, 12:13 PM
Check your Facebook for Mike's email address. He'll need to notify the SC GOP soon with the info for the people getting the tickets he is purchasing.

georgia_tech_swagger
04-12-2011, 12:31 PM
I'll also make sure we have any necessary gub'ment paperwork filled out to, for a lack of better words, demonstrate, but I'm hoping such pointless waste is unnecessary.

georgia_tech_swagger
04-21-2011, 09:35 PM
UPDATE:

There's a large Tea Party rally going on before the debate, and, I hear murmurs of great great things afterwards. :)

We need no permit to get our Ron Paul on on the streets around the venue ... I'm still trying to find out what's blocked off for security and TV etc.

We're cranking up the banner factory on facebook: http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?287459-Greenville-SC-May-5-Banner-Factory-Facebook-Group

I think the C4L presence inside is going to be surprisingly large. I knew of nearly a dozen people who bought big blocks of tickets and sub-distributed them. I think it will be the largest contingent within the general public seating, which, I must add the disclaimer, is the minority of the seating in the venue. Venue seating is EASILY dominated by SC GOP internal and media, to my understanding.

devil21
04-21-2011, 11:05 PM
UPDATE:

There's a large Tea Party rally going on before the debate, and, I hear murmurs of great great things afterwards. :)

We need no permit to get our Ron Paul on on the streets around the venue ... I'm still trying to find out what's blocked off for security and TV etc.

We're cranking up the banner factory on facebook: http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?287459-Greenville-SC-May-5-Banner-Factory-Facebook-Group

I think the C4L presence inside is going to be surprisingly large. I knew of nearly a dozen people who bought big blocks of tickets and sub-distributed them. I think it will be the largest contingent within the general public seating, which, I must add the disclaimer, is the minority of the seating in the venue. Venue seating is EASILY dominated by SC GOP internal and media, to my understanding.

C4L presence inside the debate? Tickets bought in blocks? Huh? SCGOP is background checking everyone in advance. How is that going to work?

Razmear
04-22-2011, 01:53 AM
just fyi:
http://www.peacecenter.org/box_office/seating_charts.php
http://www.peacecenter.org/images/concert_hall3.png

acptulsa
04-22-2011, 06:13 AM
For those of you fortunate enough to be able to be there: Please, no jeering. This would piss off primary voters we need. Yes, cheer the good points, but please don't heckle. We may enjoy the silliness of the British Parilament, but typical Republicans are alienated by it.

When the neocons say stupid things, laugh at them. No jeering, no heckling. Laugh at them. Laughter truly is the best medicine.

sailingaway
04-22-2011, 09:07 AM
And it might be a good idea NOT to shout 'end the fed' at least unless Ron says something about the fed. It is becoming a point of irritation to other GOP when it is appropos of nothing and disrupts (to them) an event.

sailingaway
04-22-2011, 09:10 AM
C4L presence inside the debate? Tickets bought in blocks? Huh? SCGOP is background checking everyone in advance. How is that going to work?

Yeah, that private parties buying blocks bit sounds iffy. I wouldn't be surprised if all the candidates were given or allowed to buy some amount to subdistribute, but we want more....

also, I'm a little concerned about the tea party rally since I understand Gary Johnson has been invited to speak and I hope it is clear that any big events aren't of the 'either gary or Ron' type but are clearly focussed. There is a HUGE push by those who want GJ to 'raise his profle' (and don't care if it comes at the expense of media perception of support for Ron.)

However, you are on the ground, and I am not. How are the banners going?

georgia_tech_swagger
04-23-2011, 10:37 AM
Gary Johnson isn't going to be in the debate -- due to his own choosing. So I don't know if he'll actually be there. But the rally before and after are Tea Party rallies, and technically candidate agnostic. I think more defenders of liberty on stage can only be a good thing.

I don't know why some feel "iffy" about lots of people calling the GOP, buying up 8 tickets, then getting 7 Ron Paul supporters to fill the other seats. What's so bad or spooky about that?

Trust me ... the C4L presence inside the debate will be surprising... and perhaps the best ratio since the minority issues debate that Tavis Smiley moderated in the '08 cycle.

sailingaway
04-23-2011, 12:25 PM
By iffy I meant 'imaginary'. If you need ID of all the attendees to get the tickets, for security purposes, how do you buy a block and hand it out? I just don't want to assume it is all taken care of and have people relax, if we don't have many people going. Not being there, I'm just trying to figure out if we are on track. Do you need anything?

Razmear
04-23-2011, 12:34 PM
If you need ID of all the attendees to get the tickets, for security purposes, how do you buy a block and hand it out?

When buying the tickets the buyer just needs the name and address of the person as it appears on their drivers license. I'm assuming IDs will be checked at the door to ensure the tickets match their owners.

georgia_tech_swagger
04-23-2011, 10:36 PM
UPDATE:

Gary Johnson is re-considering, and may enter the debate before the Friday deadline.

All tickets are to be picked up at WILL CALL. No tickets available to the public, to my knowledge, will be mailed, even though you were likely told that over the phone. You should expect a phone call from the SCGOP to clarify that this week I imagine.

Legend1104
04-23-2011, 11:04 PM
Well I will not be able to attend but I sure hope others will fill in the gaps. I will be with you in spirit.

sailingaway
04-24-2011, 07:20 AM
UPDATE:

Gary Johnson is re-considering, and may enter the debate before the Friday deadline.

All tickets are to be picked up at WILL CALL. No tickets available to the public, to my knowledge, will be mailed, even though you were likely told that over the phone. You should expect a phone call from the SCGOP to clarify that this week I imagine.

And if he does will he be the only candidate speaker at the 'tea party rally' held before the event?

georgia_tech_swagger
04-24-2011, 10:09 AM
And if he does will he be the only candidate speaker at the 'tea party rally' held before the event?

I can neither confirm nor deny this. I'll just say not going to the Tea Party event would be a HUGE mistake. :)

ronpaulhawaii
04-24-2011, 10:22 AM
I can get the blimp balloons, am finding out how much shipping will be...

Razmear
04-24-2011, 10:33 AM
I can neither confirm nor deny this. I'll just say not going to the Tea Party event would be a HUGE mistake. :)

^This. Don't worry about Gary, he might be the only "candidate" Before the debate, but won't be the only candidate at the event.

georgia_tech_swagger
04-26-2011, 11:08 AM
UPDATE:
I got the street closings .... I will soon have us a game plan. :)

ThePiousPriest
04-27-2011, 01:35 AM
I live in a Suburb of Greenville County and am just a mere 15 to 20 minutes from Downtown Greenville, what can I do to help? I also think that going out to talk to folks after the debate would be a great way to get out the message. Thursday night is really active with lots of people Downtown, with a major spot only 3 blocks away from the Peace Center(Wild Wings).

If we could work out having a rally on the Liberty Bridge, things would be great :)

http://www.fallspark.com/LibertyBridge.aspx

georgia_tech_swagger
04-27-2011, 12:36 PM
I live in a Suburb of Greenville County and am just a mere 15 to 20 minutes from Downtown Greenville, what can I do to help? I also think that going out to talk to folks after the debate would be a great way to get out the message. Thursday night is really active with lots of people Downtown, with a major spot only 3 blocks away from the Peace Center(Wild Wings).

If we could work out having a rally on the Liberty Bridge, things would be great :)

http://www.fallspark.com/LibertyBridge.aspx

That won't be happening. Plans are already made.

UPDATE: Looks like Gary Johnson is probably in at this point.

georgia_tech_swagger
04-28-2011, 07:52 AM
Confirmed ... Gary Johnson will definitely be in the debate and at the rally.

I will drive by the site this weekend keeping the closures in mind so I can map out where we need to be.

devil21
04-28-2011, 09:19 PM
The Sleep Inn near the airport has rooms available through priceline.com for $66. It's 2miles from the Peace Center for those traveling that wish to stay overnight.

I booked a room so if anyone wants to crash with me just PM.

ronpaulhawaii
04-28-2011, 10:28 PM
The eyes of the political world will be on us at this event. The better foot we put forward, the more fear we will strike in the heart of the beast and political pain we will inflict.

We have a great opportunity, especially with Gary coming, to show that we are gracious hosts...

po14015
04-28-2011, 11:03 PM
I will post these on RonPaulDebate.com
http://www.ronpauldebate.com/

Questions:

Is there plenty of parking at the Hyatt?
Does it cost or do you have to have a room there?
If not there, where should people park?

The Straw Poll is where and at what time?

It is a half mile in one direction, correct?

Sign waving location areas will be where? Look for where you get into the parking garage/area. They will have security at those points, and traffic will back up.

RonPaulProducts.com is sending up 1,000 bumperstickers, and we will post how to get them.

Also, we can't get the Ron Paul 2012 signs up there in time.

And please add to my questions.

People will wait to the last second, and we need to have a nice format for answers.

devil21
04-29-2011, 03:20 AM
That won't be happening. Plans are already made.

UPDATE: Looks like Gary Johnson is probably in at this point.

Is the after debate rally to be in the same place as the before rally? Is this confirmed?

po14015
04-29-2011, 09:34 PM
Any answers to my previous questions and devil21's one?

Also, has a private fundraiser or briefing with Ron Paul been set up, yet? Has anyone in S.C. gotten an email from C4L, YAL, or any Ron Paul groups?

Once I get answers, I will post them here:
RonPaulDebate.com under FAQ
http://new.ronpauldebate.com/questions.html

Razmear
04-29-2011, 11:02 PM
Any answers to my previous questions and devil21's one?

Also, has a private fundraiser or briefing with Ron Paul been set up, yet? Has anyone in S.C. gotten an email from C4L, YAL, or any Ron Paul groups?

Once I get answers, I will post them here:
RonPaulDebate.com under FAQ
http://new.ronpauldebate.com/questions.html

Subscribe to the local Ron Paul Meetup: http://www.meetup.com/ronpaul-281/ for direct info as it happens.

Lovecraftian4Paul
04-30-2011, 11:48 AM
That link on reddit needs to be posted to the /r/Libertarian forum as well. There are far more readers there than /r/Ronpaul.

StrictBaptist
04-30-2011, 01:05 PM
Anyone got a spare ticket?????? I can meet ya there...

po14015
05-02-2011, 06:47 PM
If you are not staying at the Hyatt, the parking there is $10. And it is located next to a city garage that charges by the hour. I will try to find the rates.

georgia_tech_swagger
05-02-2011, 07:10 PM
UPDATE: If you don't have a ticket at this point, and you're not willing to buy one ($100 for 2) from the SCGOP immediately (assuming they have any left), you're SOL for getting inside the debate.

Parking, in decreasing order of convenience to the Peace Center:

1) Bowater Garage, 500 Falls Street
2) Riverplace Garage, 300 Camperdown (Adjacent to Hampton Inn and Suites at Riverplace)
3) River Street Garage, 101 Court St (Located on River Street, between W. Broad and W. Court Streets)
4) Poinsett Garage, 25 W. McBee Avenue (accessible to the Westin Poinsett Hotel)
5) West Washington Street Deck, 101 W. Washington St. (above the Greenville Transit Authority Transfer Station)
6) Spring Street Garage, 316 S. Spring Street
7) Richardson Street Garage, 66 N. Richardson St. (adjacent to the Bank of America)
8) North Laurens Street Deck, 210 N. Laurens Street
9) Commons Garage, 60 Beattie Place (adjacent to The Hyatt Regency Hotel)
10) Liberty Square Garage, 65 Beattie Place (between the two Liberty Square towers)
11) Church Street Garage, 320 N. Church St. (adjacent to the BI-LO Center)

If you are disabled, and are not staying in a hotel that can provide parking, please get there as early as possible and try to get a spot in the 1st parking area I listed. It will fill up very fast.

Here's the general traffic flow coming in:

http://i.imgur.com/HL0e6.jpg

Here's where we want to be. Pay attention, the important stuff is here. The dark gray is a hard closing to traffic in effect at 5PM. The light gray is a soft closing in effect at the same time. Places in red are high priority. Places in red away from the marked A are parking entrances. The red at the tip top is the bottom part of the parking deck with an entrance on the street above. We really need folks handing out literature there. Please, no crazy conspiracy theory crap. Anybody able to do this? I have in mind getting Campaign For Liberty trifolds, and then slipping a little slip of paper in them with links to Ron Paul and Gary Johnson's websites. Suggestions for improving/alternatives? Anyway ... places in yellow are lower priority.... green is we're an army pie in the sky overflow. There is yellow back near the amphitheater as there is a bridge there to the parking lot across the river.... and those familiar with the area know Ron Paul held a rally there, so insert some nostalgia. People with large equipment (read: blimps) get there early to get primo location. In general, we need folks getting there early early early to get primo location. This means forsaking hearing some of your icons speak at the Tea Party rally before hand. However, nobody said anything about missing Ron Paul speak back at the same rally location afterward. :) If you would like to stay at the Tea Party rally as long as possible, I need a handful of reliable people (priority to dues paying members and coordinators in C4L who can prove they are so) to PM me their cell phone number, and I will go to the Peace Center early and phone in when it's time to rally the troops.

http://i.imgur.com/zKOIm.jpg

We also still need to get high quality video footage for use in making videos/campaign materials for Ron Paul and Gary Johnson. I plan to be there with my Panasonic Lumix FZ35 ... but having several people with 1080p quality equipment and willing to license what they get under creative commons would be a tremendous positive. I'm willing to do the video editing and host it afterwards. Volunteers?

We still need people to make and hang banners: https://www.facebook.com/home.php?sk=group_100357026717894&ap=1 If you can help, pipe up immediately.

Remember that how you act reflects on the campaigns of Ron Paul and Gary Johnson. Don't be a douchebag. Kill them with kindness. Don't yell during the debate randomly. But you are encouraged to be STRATEGICALLY vocal during the debate. If our guys are getting booed, drown them out. If there is a heated exchange between one of our guys and one of the neocons ... let the vocal praise/boo flow. Be strategic about it. No random yelling like at CPAC, please. Have some tact.

Lastly ... I have been told by the Greenville City we do not need any permits to support our candidate in the streets. If anybody gives you guff, call the Google Voice for my company, Galt's Gulch Industries, LLC: 1-706-389-GALT It will connect to my cellphone. DO NOT abuse that phone number. I'm quite busy, so please ring me up only if you have a good reason.

I've gone as far as I can alone. Now I need you, and the rest of the R[evol]ution. Spread this post far and wide. The R[evol]ution continues!

Drop some reddit love for this post here:

http://www.reddit.com/r/ronpaul/comments/h2r32/the_revolution_continues_now_get_involved_with/
http://www.reddit.com/r/Libertarian/comments/h2r2e/the_revolution_continues_now_get_involved_with/

devil21
05-02-2011, 07:15 PM
Thanks for that great info above. ^^^^^^^

You must pick up your debate tickets from the Will Call window at the Peace Center between 10am - 7pm. NO LATER!

Razmear
05-02-2011, 07:24 PM
Thanks for that great info above. ^^^^^^^

You must pick up your debate tickets from the Will Call window at the Peace Center between 10am - 7pm. NO LATER!

I'm wondering if after the tickets are picked up do they become more exchangable?

Thanks also for the map above. I've got banners ready to deploy for those who want to hold them at street corners.

eb

devil21
05-02-2011, 07:29 PM
I'm wondering if after the tickets are picked up do they become more exchangable?

Thanks also for the map above. I've got banners ready to deploy for those who want to hold them at street corners.

eb
It's possible but I doubt it. You will definitely need ID to pick up the tickets and I assume they will also check IDs at the door to match names. The key will be whether names are on each ticket. Will you have a spare ticket Raz?

devil21
05-02-2011, 07:32 PM
In addition to the 7pm ticket pick up deadline, attendees are also required to be in their seats NO LATER than 8:30pm! Anyone not in their seat by 8:30 will be denied access to the debate!!!

Moral: Dont fuck around. Get your tix by 6:45 and be seated inside by 8:20.

georgia_tech_swagger
05-02-2011, 07:54 PM
In addition to the 7pm ticket pick up deadline, attendees are also required to be in their seats NO LATER than 8:30pm! Anyone not in their seat by 8:30 will be denied access to the debate!!!

Moral: Dont fuck around. Get your tix by 6:45 and be seated inside by 8:20.

I haven't heard anything about that but I'll double check. I wouldn't be surprised about the seated a bit before 9:00 PM bit so as to eliminate noise of people shuffling in.

devil21
05-02-2011, 08:06 PM
Nothing to doublecheck. I got it straight from the SCGOP. It's legit. Any of you guys that are on other Paul websites please spread the word about the 7pm ticket deadline and the 8:30 seat deadline. I don't want to hear of anyone complaining on May 6 about how they were denied access.

Im sure they will take some time before the debate airs to lay down ground rules, thank the SCGOP people, etc.

PaulConventionWV
05-02-2011, 08:07 PM
I suggest more of a focus on Ron Paul. That's what we're here for, not Gary Johnson.

georgia_tech_swagger
05-02-2011, 08:13 PM
I suggest more of a focus on Ron Paul. That's what we're here for, not Gary Johnson.

The way I see it, I'd rather have 9 Liberty candidates and 1 neo-con all primary long. If we get to that point, we've already won. It's much harder to have the classic Mitt Romney open mic arrogant chuckle when you have more than one person jumping on your intellectual shortcomings.

More liberty is *always* a good thing.

devil21
05-02-2011, 08:21 PM
Is GJ confirmed as attending?

georgia_tech_swagger
05-02-2011, 08:36 PM
Is GJ confirmed as attending?

Yes. He will speak at the Tea Party rally as well.

georgia_tech_swagger
05-02-2011, 08:49 PM
Bump for me editing to add this:

Remember that how you act reflects on the campaigns of Ron Paul and Gary Johnson. Don't be a douchebag. Kill them with kindness. Don't yell during the debate randomly. But you are encouraged to be STRATEGICALLY vocal during the debate. If our guys are getting booed, drown them out. If there is a heated exchange between one of our guys and one of the neocons ... let the vocal praise/boo flow. Be strategic about it. No random yelling like at CPAC, please. Have some tact.

po14015
05-02-2011, 09:04 PM
Is there a link to donate to go to a Fundraising event with Ron Paul?

I am updating RonPaulDebate.com for parking and traffic flow. Great post georgia_tech_swagger!!

georgia_tech_swagger
05-02-2011, 09:13 PM
Is there a link to donate to go to a Fundraising event with Ron Paul?

I am updating RonPaulDebate.com for parking and traffic flow. Great post georgia_tech_swagger!!

The Ron Paul "rally" is going to be back at the Hyatt Tea Party event after the debate.

Dave Aiello
05-02-2011, 09:14 PM
The way I see it, I'd rather have 9 Liberty candidates and 1 neo-con all primary long. If we get to that point, we've already won. It's much harder to have the classic Mitt Romney open mic arrogant chuckle when you have more than one person jumping on your intellectual shortcomings.

More liberty is *always* a good thing.

WRONG. Sorry. We all support Ron Paul because his message stood out as the sole voice for Liberty. If there were 4 Ron Paul's on stage in '07, we wouldn't be sitting here on this forum right now. As I've said before, Gary Johnson jeopardizes the entire liberty movement.

georgia_tech_swagger
05-02-2011, 09:28 PM
WRONG. Sorry. We all support Ron Paul because his message stood out as the sole voice for Liberty. If there were 4 Ron Paul's on stage in '07, we wouldn't be sitting here on this forum right now. As I've said before, Gary Johnson jeopardizes the entire liberty movement.

And that attitude is how you get a Libertarian Party that never gets 1% of the vote. In the process of alienating everybody to get your "sole voice", you have no electorate left with which to get you elected. In fact, based upon your take, Ron Paul should run as a socialist to add greater contrast in message.

[Benjamin Franklin]
http://www.earlyamerica.com/earlyamerica/firsts/cartoon/snake.jpg
[/Benjamin Franklin]

po14015
05-02-2011, 09:51 PM
georgia_tech_swagger:

What I am talking about is a $100 to $500 private event during the day. This was the case in 2008 and at the FSU event we had a few weeks ago. There is only 20-30 people at these events.

I am not sure who would host it: C4L or RonPaul2012.com or ????

They may not have one. I just want to make sure.

po14015
05-02-2011, 10:28 PM
RonPaulDebate.com has been updated.
http://www.ronpauldebate.com/

Please check it for any errors.

georgia_tech_swagger
05-03-2011, 06:37 AM
georgia_tech_swagger:

What I am talking about is a $100 to $500 private event during the day. This was the case in 2008 and at the FSU event we had a few weeks ago. There is only 20-30 people at these events.

I am not sure who would host it: C4L or RonPaul2012.com or ????

They may not have one. I just want to make sure.

C4L can't endorse specific candidates, sadly. There isn't one AFAIK, and unless Ron himself pulls a scheduling rabbit out of his hat, there won't be one.

JVParkour
05-03-2011, 10:57 AM
I am free to do whatever. Devil, what time are you planning on heading down there from Charlotte? I have a math test Thursday afternoon, but I am going to try to reschedule it for tomorrow. If the reschedule works, I can be in Greenville the ENTIRE day if needed. Classes are also cancelled Friday, it is reading day, so I am able to stay as late as needed.

Basically, if you need me to do something, just say the word!

devil21
05-03-2011, 01:18 PM
Ill be in Gville by 5. Nothing I need, per se, just glad you were able to get a ticket after all.

JVParkour
05-03-2011, 02:17 PM
Ehh, I wasn't able to get a ticket, which stinks. But I am going to the viewing party thing held by the SC Tea Party. I figure if I can't get in, I might as well sign wave like a crazy man....:D

devil21
05-03-2011, 03:07 PM
Oh I thought you did! Bummer. Just go be a nuisance behind the Fox News cameras outside ;) PM me your cell phone number and we'll meet up at some point during the evening.

XTreat
05-03-2011, 05:25 PM
I spoke to the organizer of the Tea Party Rally (Chris) and he confirmed that Dr. Paul will be speaking at the Hyatt after the debate.

po14015
05-04-2011, 07:39 PM
Get the Ron Paul 2012 Bumper Stickers at Jordan Page's table. I was only able to send up a few hundred because we were slammed last week with orders! So get them early (and the wristbands "Choose Liberty" and "rEVOLution") won't last long).

Check out his new CD "Liberty":
http://www.jordanpagemusic.com/

I have both of his CDs in my disc changer :-)

We weren't able to get the signs shipped to be up there in time.

http://www.ronpaulproducts.com/pictures/2012bumpermedium.jpeg

http://www.ronpaulproducts.com/pictures/bandrevolutionsmall.jpeg

http://www.ronpaulproducts.com/pictures/bandlibertysmall.jpeg

av4liberty
05-05-2011, 07:56 AM
First time poster, long time supporter of the cause. Ill be there! Ive yet to attend attend a debate so im pretty excited. Leaving Alabama in a few hours...

JVParkour
05-05-2011, 08:01 AM
Awesome! I will be there also av4liberty, it will be a blast.

Does anyone know if there is free parking anywhere? I am trying to figure out the best place for me to park without costing me an arm and a leg...

po14015
05-05-2011, 08:12 AM
RonPaulDebate.com (whole area on parking)
http://new.ronpauldebate.com/parking.html

The West Washington Street Deck is free from 6 pm to 6 am, Monday through Friday.
$10 at the Hyatt
The other parking decks are hourly.

JVParkour
05-05-2011, 08:15 AM
Thanks, I will probably park at the Hyatt, that will be the most convenient.

chri5opher
05-05-2011, 08:22 AM
//

RonPaulRocksMyWorld
05-05-2011, 10:04 AM
Yes. I too would like to know when the debate starts and if I will be able to watch it anywhere online?

falconplayer11
05-05-2011, 11:03 AM
Good luck to all of you who are going to be there! I think it is great that 2 of the 5 candidates are libertarians...maybe there is hope for the GOP yet! Hopefully people will realize that Ron Paul was just the beginning of a new and large movement toward liberty and away from neoconservatism. The media can't get away with calling both Paul AND Johnson nuts, can they?

sirachman
05-05-2011, 12:12 PM
Yes. I too would like to know when the debate starts and if I will be able to watch it anywhere online?

I would like to know this also. I no longer subscribe to cable so if anyone could provide any method of online live viewing or if anyone posts the debate to youtube or elsewhere after the fact please let me know! =]

devil21
05-05-2011, 12:25 PM
The debate starts at 9pm. Not sure about online viewing....if you can find a Fox News feed then you should be ok.

tsai3904
05-05-2011, 01:26 PM
The debate will be live streamed on www.foxnews.com at 9 pm EST.

tilcygo
05-05-2011, 01:54 PM
I can see and Thanks for informations guys.
http://freeimagestocks.com/content/69/grey.png

ForLibertyFight
05-05-2011, 04:01 PM
For those who are attending the debate, please take lots of pictures/videos and have a blast! :)

rtvest
05-05-2011, 04:23 PM
For those of you attending the debate, general cheers and jeers are fine, but do not shout out at random and inappropriate times. It only hurts the liberty message and worse, its messengers. Let's win on our ideas.

Ron Paul 2012

MadOdorMachine
05-05-2011, 08:43 PM
That debate was disappointing. Ron Paul didn't perform as well as I'd hoped he would. I hope he gets serious about running, because quite frankly that was a joke. He needs to go after Obama hard and call him out as well as the Federal Reserve and his economic policies. Someone needs to be getting him pumped up before these debates and motivating him.

devil21
05-06-2011, 12:55 AM
Everyone behaved themselves. I thought Ron did fine and seemed more loose than usual. His comment about government not taking care of us got rave applause!