PDA

View Full Version : Report that FOX News was Overbearing with Beck

AuH20
04-07-2011, 02:35 PM
Not a shock. Fox is controlled by the Republican establishment. Good for Glenn.

http://www.businessinsider.com/glenn-beck-fox-news-fired-ratings-2011-4

One person who has worked with Ailes before told us that when Ailes says " I look forward to continuing to work with him" what he really means is "don't let the door hit you on the way out."

They also relayed to us the rumor (entirely unconfirmed) that it was Wendi Murdoch who was most uncomfortable with Beck and pressured husband Rupert to make a move.

It's not exactly a secret that Beck was unhappy with many aspects of Fox's tightly controlled (and not always friendly) media machine and was eager to be free of it.

As I've noted numerous times, Beck employs his own PR firm outside of Fox's famous PR team. It is they, not Fox (who, in my experience, have rarely to never reached out on behalf of Beck, particularly after he began announcing things like his 100 Year Plan and really started gaining steam) who deal with Beck's many public relations.

Fox likes to wield absolute control over their stars. Glenn Beck, whose office is outside the Fox building, and whose many media holdings put him on track to become some sort of media mogul in his own right, has increasingly been outside of their control.

Sola_Fide
04-07-2011, 02:39 PM
I think this article is probably accurate, which makes me fear that the Judge might never get this slot.

AuH20
04-07-2011, 02:40 PM
I think this article is probably accurate, which makes me fear that the Judge might never get this slot.

That's what I think. The chances are probably slim to none.

Romulus
04-07-2011, 02:44 PM
I'm surprised the Judge can let loose on FBN.... but the rating give him leverage I'm sure.

TheBlackPeterSchiff
04-07-2011, 02:57 PM
I'm surprised the Judge can let loose on FBN.... but the rating give him leverage I'm sure.

How is the judge's ratings for that show?

JohnEngland
04-07-2011, 02:57 PM
The Jewish Funds for Justice, the group that ran the ad in the Wall St. Journal signed by all rabbis that was then denounced by the Anti-Defamation League, thinks Beck got fired because "he has been rejected by Jews." In a word, no.

Beck and Fox are parting ways because Beck had too much power and Fox couldn't control him.

It's not exactly a secret that Beck was unhappy with many aspects of Fox's tightly controlled (and not always friendly) media machine and was eager to be free of it.

So much for the Glenn-Beck-Is-Controlled-Media-Bla-Bla-Bla. Beck is too hot to handle for Fox :p

AuH20
04-07-2011, 02:59 PM
So much for the Glenn-Beck-Is-Controlled-Media-Bla-Bla-Bla. Beck is too hot to handle for Fox :p

The Federal Reserve Show may have been the final straw.

JoshLowry
04-07-2011, 03:00 PM

Actually, this confirms it.

All of the talking heads are expendable and they know it. You should too.

Pericles
04-07-2011, 03:19 PM

Just makes it a question of voluntary vs. involuntary control.

AuH20
04-07-2011, 03:26 PM
this is the type of stuff that got Glenn fired. Your boss is an esteemed member of the club you're deriding. No wonder the wife was pissed:

http://mediamatters.org/mmtv/201001290045

nobody's_hero
04-07-2011, 03:29 PM
They'll probably replace him with someone who routinely doesn't talk about the Fed at all.

Sola_Fide
04-07-2011, 03:31 PM
They'll probably replace him with someone who routinely doesn't talk about the Fed at all.

Eric Bolling is their man then.

kahless
04-07-2011, 03:48 PM
I wonder if he had marching orders or pressure from Foxnews management to back Perry over Medina.

Wicklowwolf
04-07-2011, 03:56 PM
Beck is a role player and an actor. I listened to him a lot in the past, but no longer.For more about Beck click on link below.

http://www.ronpaulwarroom.com/?p=23599

The Dark Knight
04-07-2011, 04:03 PM
yeah again people on here are looking at stuff he did 3-4 years ago.....I was a Neo Con too 3-4 years ago.....now I am a solid constitutional conservative. people can change, beck still is not perfect but he has done a great job in the last year or two. He is now great friends with the judge and has praised both Ron and Rand quite a few times as of late.

heavenlyboy34
04-07-2011, 04:03 PM

this^^ FTW

AGRP
04-07-2011, 04:21 PM
Fox News:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0b934nHnUyg

Brett85
04-07-2011, 04:30 PM
I'm afraid that Fox won't give the Judge the 4:00 PM time slot if they thought that Beck was too libertarian. The slot will most likely go to Bolling.