PDA

View Full Version : Ooops NATO bombs Libyan "allies"

devil21
04-07-2011, 01:35 PM
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20110407/ap_on_bi_ge/ml_libya

AJDABIYA, Libya – Rebel fighters claimed NATO airstrikes blasted their forces Thursday in another apparent mistake that sharply escalated anger about the military alliance's efforts to cripple Libyan forces. At least five rebels were killed and more than 20 injured, a doctor said.

The attack — near the front lines outside the eastern oil port of Brega — would be the second accidental NATO strike against rebel forces in less than a week. It brought cries of outrage from fighters struggling against Moammar Gadhafi's larger and more experienced military.

"Down, down with NATO," one fighter shouted as dozens of rebel vehicles raced eastward from the front, toward the rebel-held city of Ajdabiya.
more at link

sailingaway
04-07-2011, 01:37 PM
I'll say it yet again. We have the best army in the world for breaking and destroying things, as armies are supposed to do. That is ALL they should be used for. If something is fragile, you don't use an army.

Yieu
04-07-2011, 01:45 PM
I'll say it yet again. We have the best army in the world for breaking and destroying things, as armies are supposed to do. That is ALL they should be used for. If something is fragile, you don't use an army.

But war is peace. Surely, they must understand it is for the greater good.

Besides, a couple bombs never hurt anyone. I'm sure our peace-bestowing bombs fill them with joy. Joy and shrapnel.

/SARCASM