PDA

View Full Version : Downsizedc.org and the American Freedom Agenda Act of 2007

Sematary
10-25-2007, 09:21 AM
I got this in my email today:

This is important. Please, please, please, forward this message far and wide.

Quote of the Day:

"Should we wander in moments of error or alarm, let us hasten to retrace our steps and regain the road which alone leads to peace, liberty, and safety."
- Thomas Jefferson, upon repealing the "Alien and Sedition Acts"

Subject: Support Ron Paul's "American Freedom Agenda Act of 2007"

This is what we've been waiting for. Please forward this message far and wide. Make sure everyone knows about it. The "American Freedom Agenda Act" is a bill . . .

Created by conservatives
Supported by progressives
And introduced in Congress by Representative Ron Paul, Republican of Texas.
The full text of this bill can be found on our Background page for this campaign. This legislation will . . .

Repeal the "Military Commissions Act of 2007" and thereby restore the ancient right of habeas corpus and end legally sanctioned torture by U.S. government agents
Restore the "Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Act" (FISA) and thereby outlaw warrantless spying on American citizens by the President of the United States
Give Congress standing in court to challenge the President's use of "signing statements" as a means to avoid executing the nation's laws
Make it illegal for government agents to kidnap people and send them abroad to be tortured by foreign governments
Provide legal protection to journalists who expose wrong-doing by the Federal government
Prohibit the use of secret evidence to label groups or individuals as terrorists for the purpose of criminal or civil sanctions
This one simple 3-page bill will . . .

Restore basic Constitutional protections
Empower Americans to support human rights, democracy, and the rule of law in the world at large, free from the stink of hypocrisy
Protect Americans and American soldiers from blowback by foreign powers in retaliation for our government's transgression of America's most hallowed principles
If ever there was a bill that all Americans should support, it is this one. Please send a message to your elected representatives asking them to co-sponsor the "American Freedom Agenda Act."

Next, forward this message to friends and ask them to do the same. We need to flood Congress from all directions, and keep doing it until they bring this bill to a vote and pass it.

This bill has trans-partisan support. It comes from Ron Paul. It's what we've been asking for. Let's support this bill with everything we've got.

Thank you for being a DC Downsizer.

Jim Babka
President
DownsizeDC.org, Inc.

Downsizedc is a very organized and active grassroots organization and it is good to see them sending this email out. Not ONLY does it get word out about this extremely important legislation (you should ALL contact your reps on this) but it also serves to get his name in front of hundreds of thousands of activists across the country and attached to something that they can get behind. This is HUGE for his name recognition and hopefully will help bring on more Ron Paul supporters.
Anyway, get to contacting those reps and help out Dr. Paul with his bill!

shepburn
10-25-2007, 09:28 AM
bump... I've met this guy Jim at a Ron Paul meetup here in Alringtion VA

he is a genuine Ron Paul supporter!

He told me that Meetup.com is being attacked by high priced DC lawyer for "subsidizing Ron Paul candidacy".

Now isn't that rediculous!

ConstitutionGal
10-25-2007, 09:29 AM
DownsizeDC.org is HUGE!! It's just a shame that they didn't say "Presidential Candidate and Congressman from Texas, Ron Paul"......

ConstitutionGal
10-25-2007, 09:30 AM
bump... I've met this guy Jim at a Ron Paul meetup here in Alringtion VA

he is a genuine Ron Paul supporter!

He told me that Meetup.com is being attacked by high priced DC lawyer for "subsidizing Ron Paul candidacy".

Now isn't that rediculous!

They may be aiding and abetting but I can't see subsidizing. :D

DrNoZone
10-25-2007, 09:37 AM
Downsize DC is a great group doing so much good for liberty. I highly recommend everyone here signing up for their email dispatches and participating in their work as much as you are able.