PDA

View Full Version : New FreedomWorks Poll on Facebook between Ron Paul and Sarah Palin! VOTE AND SEND VIRAL!

Sentient Void
04-07-2011, 11:21 AM
"After 40,000 votes cast, Ron Paul and Sarah Palin are the top two in our 2012 Presidential Election straw poll. Who do you prefer in our runoff, Paul or Palin? Vote NOW!"

Make sure you vote for Ron Paul, and click the link to 'Ask Friends' and send to all friends who would vote for, or you think would vote for, Ron Paul over Sarah Palin!

Send it viral!

http://www.facebook.com/home.php?sk=question&id=10150156854779548&qa_ref=qd

TheTyke
04-07-2011, 11:27 AM
When are our people going to stop attacking folks in Ron Paul's name?!?! He is always a gentleman and avoids that when possible. How would we feel if people attacked Ron? We certainly wouldn't be more friendly to their candidates... if you MUST attack someone, leave Ron out of it.

There is a guy who said he liked Ron AND Palin, but voted for Ron because he seemed the more serious candidate. So what do our people do??? Start bashing Palin on his comment thread!! It's certainly not endearing him further. Just the other day I saw a pro-Paul veteran (non-interventionist) get slammed as a bloodthirsty neocon warmonger because he said he supported the troops. Come on people... :(

I think (most) on this forum know better, but how do we convince the rest of our supporters to stop alienating people. :(

In any case, rant over... let's win this poll. We've been doing well so far. :)

Sentient Void
04-07-2011, 11:30 AM
When are our people going to stop attacking folks in Ron Paul's name?!?! He is always a gentleman and avoids that when possible. How would we feel if people attacked Ron? We certainly wouldn't be more friendly to their candidates... if you MUST attack someone, leave Ron out of it.

There is a guy who said he liked Ron AND Palin, but voted for Ron because he seemed the more serious candidate. So what do our people do??? Start bashing Palin on his comment thread!! It's certainly not endearing him further. Just the other day I saw a pro-Paul veteran (non-interventionist) get slammed as a bloodthirsty neocon warmonger because he said he supported the troops. Come on people... :(

I think (most) on this forum know better, but how do we convince the rest of our supporters to stop alienating people. :(

Agreed.

civusamericanus
04-07-2011, 11:47 AM

You're right, but things are a changing!

Ron Paul supporters are now becoming mainstream. I was never one to follow the pack, but at least this time, I can inform people much better than I could in 2007. I have followed Ron Paul since the last election, and have a firm grasp of his stand on the issues. I have coaxed and watched a number of neocon types, come into the light of truth.

Most recently, my dad who had told me for years of the importance of the FED and centralized banking, and how the world would crumble without people like Greenspan and Bernanke driving monetary decisions, sent me an email on all the foreign dollars the FED was lending out to foreign banks and how it was devaluing our dollar. My dad who had also told me we need to fight the al qaeda over there, so they don't come here, has now started discussions with me on, what does the US gain if we win in Afghanistan, and is it worth the lives. If my father a maxed out Romney contributor can come around to supporting Ron Paul, nearly anyone can.

WE all like being unique, but let's face it Ron Paul support is about to go mainstream, any people out there who are agent provocateur's, and want to try and tarnish the image of Ron Paul supporters, WATCH YOURSELVES, because we will expose you.

TheTyke
04-07-2011, 12:36 PM
civusamericanus - I agree, we are going mainstream. I've had several experiences like yours and they are very encouraging! We can really win this time, should we play our cards right, but it will take everything we have. People I know get in on the bashing too, so they're not all agents, although probably many are. Just wish they'd realize it's counterproductive to associate Ron with that... again, it seems it'll take everything we've got to win, so we can't afford to alienate people.

But I'm very inspired and optimistic... not only are we winning or strengthening our position in many polls, but keeping Ron before the public - this will put the campaign in a good position when it officially starts. Couldn't have imagined such progress a few years ago. :) Keep up the great work...

qwerty
04-07-2011, 01:31 PM
Vote vote vote!

Phabian
04-07-2011, 01:56 PM
Voted.

sailingaway
04-07-2011, 01:59 PM

This. Ron may be the last man standing but one.... do we want those whose candidates have dropped out to like him or not?

speciallyblend
04-07-2011, 08:48 PM
voted and sent viral!

FSP-Rebel
04-07-2011, 09:21 PM
vote and comment

Sentient Void
04-07-2011, 09:22 PM
Nice!

We're like 3000 votes ahead of Palin!

all your votes are belong to us

BlackTerrel
04-07-2011, 09:34 PM

Common sense. Shame it even needs to be said. Great post.

Expatriate
04-07-2011, 10:08 PM
Voted