PDA

View Full Version : Trump: My Investigators in Hawaii, Can't Believe What They're Finding - Obama Birth Cert

FrankRep
04-07-2011, 09:17 AM
Donald Trump: I Have Investigators in Hawaii...'They Cannot Believe What They're Finding' (http://nation.foxnews.com/donald-trump/2011/04/06/trump-i-have-investigators-hawaiithey-cannot-believe-what-theyre-finding)

Fox Nation
April 06, 2011

DONALD TRUMP: I am saying I want to see the birth certificate. It's very simple. I want to see the birth certificate. How come his own family doesn't know which hospital he was born in? How come-- forget about birth certificates. Let's say there's no birth certificate. How come in the hospital itself, okay? This is one of the...in the hospital itself, there's no records of his birth. In other words, it doesn't say how much they paid, where is the doctor, here's your room bill. You know, all the

MEREDITH VIEIRA: You've been privy to all of this to know this?

DONALD TRUMP: Well, I have people that actually have been studying it and they cannot believe what they're talking.

MEREDITH VIEIRA: You have people now out there searching-- I mean, in Hawaii?

DONALD TRUMP: Absolutely. And they cannot believe what they're finding. And I'm serious--

idirtify
04-07-2011, 09:22 AM
I assume he actually meant: "And they cannot believe what they're NOT finding."

Aratus
04-07-2011, 09:29 AM
if thah donald finds out that our noble potus was part of a set of triplets born :D
within days of each other in three hawaii hospitals, then what do the birthers do?

HOLLYWOOD
04-07-2011, 09:33 AM
NBC Meredith / TRUMP exchange
http://content.usatoday.com/communities/theoval/post/2011/04/trump-keeps-beating-birther-drum-against-obama/1

The Blaze (Beck's) Report on this morning's Interview on MSNBC Morning Joe
http://www.theblaze.com/stories/major-chance-this-guy-has-violated-the-constitution-trumps-emotional-birther-defense-to-giggles-smirks-of-the-morning-joe-panel/

POS ex PA governor Ed Rendell and Donny Deutsch try to end the Obama Birth Certificate dialog and change the subject.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7d8TVbsp8EI&feature=player_embedded

speciallyblend
04-07-2011, 09:37 AM
trump and the failed GOP leadership are pathetic!! this is nothing more then a publicity stunt

Aratus
04-07-2011, 09:41 AM
i am a sci-fi fan of the TV show "FRINGE" that toys
with the idea of wormhole(s) coming into being with
dimentional doorways. i am not trying to totally mock a
"birther" stance. lets let pore donald trump explore more!

acptulsa
04-07-2011, 09:48 AM
DONALD TRUMP: Well, I have people that actually have been studying it and they cannot believe what they're talking.

Well, I, for one, can't believe what you're talking, Trump. Fifty year old records of room charges? Have your investigators found any fifty year old records of room charges?

Tell you what, Teh Donald. Pay about 100,000 of us to go scour all those islands from top to bottom. That way, you can pretend you're substantively addressing the real issue of the moment--unemployment.

And just think how much fun it will be to fire a hundred thousand people after the election.

idirtify
04-07-2011, 09:50 AM
“all you would have to do is look at the travel visas and see.”

So is there any truth to that?

HOLLYWOOD
04-07-2011, 09:58 AM

Yes, ENTRY / EXIT VISAs have always been required for Kenya

Krugerrand
04-07-2011, 10:00 AM
trump and the failed GOP leadership are pathetic!! this is nothing more then a publicity stunt

You must admit ... this is mighty strange coming from a person who gives $50,000 to Rahm Emanuel.

specsaregood
04-07-2011, 10:02 AM
//

AParadigmShift
04-07-2011, 10:13 AM
In a time of unending war, staggering debt/deficit spending and flagrant abuse of Rights by the state, The Donald - touting his electability - managed to fill air time blathering about nothingness and those gathered were awestruck

Amazing, but hardly surprising.

ronaldo23
04-07-2011, 10:17 AM
I don't believe trump is a birther. It's all a blatant publicity stunt/headline grabber for some dumb new reality show he probably has coming up

libertybrewcity
04-07-2011, 10:37 AM
Well hey, I am glad someone is looking into this. If he doesn't find anything, who cares? If he does, it would give the Republican nominee an automatic win. (Ron Paul)

TIMB0B
04-07-2011, 11:08 AM
Donald Trump: I Have Investigators in Hawaii...'They Cannot Believe What They're Finding'

And I don't believe them either. This appears to be a charade, otherwise why not tell the public the "findings" if it's detrimental to Obama and his seat at the White House. If these "findings" can get Obama ousted and his healthcare immediately repealed, what's the frickin' hold up?

smithtg
04-07-2011, 11:12 AM
I can't believe the National Obama Network (NBC) allows him to say these things. They do all roll their eyes and if you catch Matt's quip afterwards it does seem like a charade to get ratings back to a loser network

MikeStanart
04-07-2011, 11:21 AM
Prediction:

Trump will continue to run his birther campaign, garnering mass amounts of support leading up to the election. Months before the election, Obama will provide a birth certificate effectively killing the movement and making all the Republicans who jumped on the band-wagon look like morons. He'll then win the election.

Now, to the birthers here, I'm not saying that Obama is / is not a citizen, I'm merely saying this is a plausible tactic Obama could be using. He's the president, he could easily forge a birth certificate.

acptulsa
04-07-2011, 11:27 AM
Prediction:

Nah. No one seriously thinks this pseudo-populist clown can win the nomination. Try this: They think they can get the birthers to split off of Ron Paul and go with Trump, because anyone who is a one-issue voter on any subject is just dumb enough to vote for Trump. Thus, in theory, costing Paul the nomination.

In practice, this is a massive fail. But the Beltway is full of ivory towers, and they in turn are full of the clueless.

kahless
04-07-2011, 11:27 AM
In a time of unending war, staggering debt/deficit spending and flagrant abuse of Rights by the state, The Donald - touting his electability - managed to fill air time blathering about nothingness and those gathered were awestruck

Amazing, but hardly surprising.

Nothingness? His straight talk covered the economy, government spending and foreign policy as well. He put things in terms the average viewer can easily understand unlike those whom maybe running against him. If people believe Obama was born here then they should have no fear or outrage when light is being shed on this subject. Obama could have put this to rest long ago and has created either intentionally or unintentionally by not putting this issue to rest once and for all.

reillym
04-07-2011, 11:32 AM
Nothingness? His straight talk covered the economy, government spending and foreign policy as well. He put things in terms the average viewer can easily understand unlike those whom maybe running against him. If people believe Obama was born here then they should have no fear or outrage when light is being shed on this subject. Obama could have put this to rest long ago and has created either intentionally or unintentionally by not putting this issue to rest once and for all.

They did over a year ago when they showed the birth certificate. Then the crazies said it wasn't good enough.

The outrage is legitimate. There is not one error in Obama's birth records. None. Whatsoever. Put it to rest. It's embarrassing.

iGGz
04-07-2011, 11:33 AM
Is that he saying "Bro" ?

Romulus
04-07-2011, 11:33 AM
You must admit ... this is mighty strange coming from a person who gives $50,000 to Rahm Emanuel.
Strange indeed..

Prediction:

Trump will continue to run his birther campaign, garnering mass amounts of support leading up to the election. Months before the election, Obama will provide a birth certificate effectively killing the movement and making all the Republicans who jumped on the band-wagon look like morons. He'll then win the election.

Now, to the birthers here, I'm not saying that Obama is / is not a citizen, I'm merely saying this is a plausible tactic Obama could be using. He's the president, he could easily forge a birth certificate.

It's a stunt... and that's a plausible scenario. Think about it. Even one does not exist, what is stopping them from creating a fake one?

kahless
04-07-2011, 11:35 AM
Nah. No one seriously thinks this pseudo-populist clown can win the nomination. Try this: They think they can get the birthers to split off of Ron Paul and go with Trump, because anyone who is a one-issue voter on any subject is just dumb enough to vote for Trump. Thus, in theory, costing Paul the nomination.

In practice, this is a massive fail. But the Beltway is full of ivory towers, and they in turn are full of the clueless.

The establishment is so easy read if you follow politics and the media over the years. I remember having these discussions back 10 years and people laughed when I said they were preparing Obama during his Senate run, Hillary Clinton and Donald Trump for president.

If he enters the race I believe there is a high probability he could win. We could see a 3 way race between Ronmey, Trump and Paul. If Trump wins the primary final ticket would likely be Trump/Romney.

kahless
04-07-2011, 11:39 AM
They did over a year ago when they showed the birth certificate. Then the crazies said it wasn't good enough.

The outrage is legitimate. There is not one error in Obama's birth records. None. Whatsoever. Put it to rest. It's embarrassing.

It is a certificate of live birth which is bullshit.

This is Trump pursuing it and not Ron Paul. So why do you care and wish Trump to shut his mouth on this subject other than to protect the MSM whom carry the water for Obama.

AParadigmShift
04-07-2011, 11:44 AM

That's right, nothingness.

If you're one of the multitude who go ga-ga over a self-promoting blowhard wondering about the whereabouts of state-issued paper, then I can see how the above interview was a +10.

kahless
04-07-2011, 01:59 PM
That's right, nothingness.

If you're one of the multitude who go ga-ga over a self-promoting blowhard wondering about the whereabouts of state-issued paper, then I can see how the above interview was a +10.

That group is made up of millions of ignorant sheep that vote for President like it is American idol. I am not a big fan of Trump, however he looks good when you compare him to any of the globalist, establishment, big government elite candidates. His points on government spending, the economy and healthcare is a +10 when you put it up against Romney or Obama.

If Ron Paul can't pull it off in the Republican primary and the choice is between mandatory government healthcare Obama or Trump, then I would have to go with Trump. He maybe a blowhard but being a little blowhard is want is needed sometimes to get the sheep to vote for you and Obama out of the white house.

I have really nothing against Trump but have been saying for 10 years I would never vote for him as President when they put him. It however does not look like we will have much of a choice if the race is between him and Obama since another 4 years of Obama would be far far worse.

jack555
04-07-2011, 02:05 PM

im not an expert on the subject but I believe they showed a certificate or live birth...not a birth certificate

Obama has certainly not proven he was born in the U.S. The question is does a president have to prove it and so far the answer is no.

dbill27
04-07-2011, 02:42 PM
Hasn't ron delivered over 4000 babies? Bet he can't remember most of them and probably at this point doesn't have receipts of payment or records from lots of them, let alone babies born 50 years ago. Next thing donalds going to be saying is that its pretty strange that no doctor remembers obama being born. Trump is an idiot, but he in no way actually believes what he's saying, he's just jumping in front of a bandwagon.

Feeding the Abscess
04-07-2011, 02:46 PM
Hasn't ron delivered over 4000 babies? Bet he can't remember most of them and probably at this point doesn't have receipts of payment or records from lots of them, let alone babies born 50 years ago. Next thing donalds going to be saying is that its pretty strange that no doctor remembers obama being born. Trump is an idiot, but he in no way actually believes what he's saying, he's just jumping in front of a bandwagon.

He's already said the bit about doctors lol.

nate895
04-07-2011, 03:00 PM
im not an expert on the subject but I believe they showed a certificate or live birth...not a birth certificate

Obama has certainly not proven he was born in the U.S. The question is does a president have to prove it and so far the answer is no.

Another question to ask is whether you have to be born in the U.S. to be a natural born citizen. There are two legal concepts related to natural born citizenship, and the U.S. has subscribed to both:

Jus Soli (by soil) is where any person born on the soil of a country is automatically a citizen. This is actually a legal innovation that has come about since the end of serfdom and slavery. Before serfdom slavery was abolished globally, pretty much everyone used jus sanguis, which is where in order to be a citizen you have to be born to a parent who is a citizen. It could be based on the citizenship of the mother or father, just the father, or both parents had to be citizens. The only example where only birth from the mother is accepted, that I can think of at least, is in the rare case of the State of Israel and Jewish identity. The U.S. because it had slavery at one point must retain jus sanguis in some form by virtue of common law (an inclusive form would be chosen in the absence of an ancient statute or organic law overturning that). In order to overturn that, there would have to be constitutional amendments in the 50 states, since they are in charge of natural born citizenship (10th amendment). The Congress only has authority over naturalization processes, and only in a way to establish uniformity across the states.

qh4dotcom
04-07-2011, 03:19 PM
Prediction:

The problem with that is that Obama will have to do a lot of explaining as to why it took him 4 years to release it and why he had to spend over $2 million in legal fees during his 4 years.

LibertyRevolution
04-07-2011, 03:21 PM
Reasons this is still in debate:
#1) Is that the Hawaiian Certificate of Live Birth can be issued to families in which a child is born overseas...
#2) "For birth between December 24, 1952 and November 13, 1986, a period of ten years, five after the age of fourteen are required for physical presence in the U.S. to transmit U.S. citizenship to the child.”

The state of Hawaii will give a certificate of birth in the case of a person born in a foreign country. Why would they do that? Well, most babies born overseas to American parents get US citizenship through the parents. The exception to this would be a child born to mixed parents (meaning one US parent and one foreigner) and if the American parent did not meet certain age and US residency requirements. Barack’s father was never a US citizen. Barack’s mother, Ann Dunham Obama, was under the minimum age, 19 years old, so she could not have transferred US citizenship to her baby.

http://us.altermedia.info/news-of-interest-to-white-people/a-certificate-of-live-birth-does-not-mean-obama-is-a-us-citizen-2_7275.html

Then there is the whole Indonesian citizenship thing...
Then there is the grandma video saying he was born in kenya...
Then there is the Connecticut issued SSN scandal...
Then there is the fact that day one in office he had all his records sealed...

That should clear up why some people question his citizenship.

If being president requires that you be a natural born citizen, then yes I believe you should have to submit proof of this to the public BEFORE running.

qh4dotcom
04-07-2011, 03:24 PM
http://us.altermedia.info/news-of-interest-to-white-people/a-certificate-of-live-birth-does-not-mean-obama-is-a-us-citizen-2_7275.html

If being president requires that you be a natural born citizen, then yes I believe you should have to submit proof of this to the public BEFORE running.
You forgot Michelle saying that Kenya is Barack's home country
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6M7Rp_Ghv6k

Zippyjuan
04-07-2011, 03:44 PM
#1) Is that the Hawaiian Certificate of Live Birth can be issued to families in which a child is born overseas...

Only since the 1980's. Obama wasn't born in the 1980's.

She said what? Really? Let me quote from the interview (the YouTube videos conveniently leave off this part):
http://www.salon.com/news/politics/war_room/2009/07/23/liddy

MCRAE: Could I ask her about his actual birthplace? I would like to see his birthplace when I come to Kenya in December. Was she present when he was born in Kenya?

OGOMBE: Yes. She says, yes, she was, she was present when Obama was born.

MCRAE: When I come in December. I would like to come by the place, the hospital, where he was born. Could you tell me where he was born? Was he born in Mombasa?

OGOMBE: No, Obama was not born in Mombasa. He was born in America.

MCRAE: Whereabouts was he born? I thought he was born in Kenya.

OGOMBE: No, he was born in America, not in Mombasa.

MCRAE: Do you know where he was born? I thought he was born in Kenya. I was going to go by and see where he was born.

OGOMBE: Hawaii. Hawaii. Sir, she says he was born in Hawaii. In the state of Hawaii, where his father was also learning, there. The state of Hawaii.

(And perhaps it should be noted that Mombasa is in the opposite side of the whole country of Kenya from where his family lived. His mother would have had to fly to Kenya and then travel in the opposite direction from his relatives to give birth there- Nairobi was the only international airport at the time and Mombasa is to the east of there and the Obama ancestoral homelands to the west.)

Full version of the interview (see about five minutes in):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CY6bPYKLjNw

Wicklowwolf
04-07-2011, 04:03 PM
If Obama was born in the US as he claims, why then can't he produce his birth certificate and has spent over half a million $$$ so far to seal all his personal records? What is Barry Soetoro (that's Obama's real name!) hiding??? Answer: his Kenyan birth and Indonesian citizenship. Both render him ineligible to serve as POTUS.

qh4dotcom
04-07-2011, 06:13 PM

I see it as Trump has a big ego and that big ego wants to see an Obama birth certificate and he won't stop talking until he sees it....hopefully Trump has plenty of security because Obama likes to punish his enemies.

TheeJoeGlass
04-07-2011, 06:25 PM

It was easy to smuggle back then.

TheNcredibleEgg
04-07-2011, 06:33 PM
The simple reason (without having delved into the facts) I think Obama is an American citizen:

Someone, somewhere in our massive gov't (at the time run by GWB) would have leaked the documents a long time ago if there anything amiss.

Reverse cynicism or whatever you call it - but that's why I have no doubts of his citizenship.

qh4dotcom
04-07-2011, 07:29 PM
Nobody leaked the documents Obama has sealed.

The simple reason (without having delved into the facts) I think Obama is an American citizen:

Someone, somewhere in our massive gov't (at the time run by GWB) would have leaked the documents a long time ago if there anything amiss.

Reverse cynicism or whatever you call it - but that's why I have no doubts of his citizenship.

FrankRep
04-07-2011, 07:32 PM
Release the document already!!

April 7: Hawaii appeals court rejects 'birther' appeal
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20110407/ap_on_re_us/us_obama_birth_certificate

A Hawaii appeals court has rejected a man's request to "inspect and copy" President Barack Obama's birth certificate, saying the plaintiff failed to state a valid claim to having access to the document.

Dude!

TheNcredibleEgg
04-07-2011, 07:52 PM
Nobody leaked the documents Obama has sealed.

Because I would say there is nothing in the document worth leaking.

You also have to consider Hillary Clinton would have been Pres if not for Obama - and with her and Bill's connections in the gov't - if there was anything to the birther story - the Clintons would have outted him before he won the nomination.

I just think common cynical sense says there is nothing to the story.

nate895
04-07-2011, 08:02 PM
Reasons this is still in debate:
#2) "For birth between December 24, 1952 and November 13, 1986, a period of ten years, five after the age of fourteen are required for physical presence in the U.S. to transmit U.S. citizenship to the child.”

His mom was a citizen at the time of his birth, therefore he is a natural born citizen, whether or not he possesses citizenship in another country. Obtaining citizenship has always been by blood up until slavery was abolished. The only point that would be possible to dispute is that his father was from the British Empire, so you could argue that he inherited the citizenship of his father and not his mother, but his identity is clearly American as opposed to British. He even gave rather insulting gifts to the Queen to prove his point, so a court would have to take that into consideration as well.

Magsec
04-07-2011, 08:43 PM
What passes as proof of citizenship for the people in the Hawaiian hospital born a couple weeks before/after Obama was born, and have any of those people showed far different birth documentation than Obama has? Besides, no one brings up the fact that McCain was born in Panama anymore.

nate895
04-07-2011, 08:45 PM
What passes as proof of citizenship for the people in the Hawaiian hospital born a couple weeks before/after Obama was born, and have any of those people showed far different birth documentation than Obama has? Besides, no one brings up the fact that McCain was born in Panama anymore.

McCain was born to U.S. citizens. He is, therefore, a natural born citizen of the United States.

torchbearer
04-07-2011, 08:57 PM
McCain was born to U.S. citizens. He is, therefore, a natural born citizen of the United States.

maybe you don't realize the original intent was meant that you were actually born in one of the states in these united states.
i guess you are using the forced "un"-ratified 14th amendment non-state citizen amendment for your distortion of the natural born citizen clause.
i tired of people's ignorance. you get the government you deserve. fuck the ignorant. i laugh as we sink into shit.

dannno
04-07-2011, 09:01 PM

You also have to consider Hillary Clinton would have been Pres if not for Obama - and with her and Bill's connections in the gov't - if there was anything to the birther story - the Clintons would have outted him before he won the nomination.

Or they used it to blackmail him into making her Sec. of State and following the same agenda... What's the difference who is President if they are following the agenda?

nate895
04-07-2011, 09:02 PM
maybe you don't realize the original intent was meant that you were actually born in one of the states in these united states.
i guess you are using the forced "un"-ratified 14th amendment non-state citizen amendment for your distortion of the natural born citizen clause.
i tired of people's ignorance. you get the government you deserve. fuck the ignorant. i laugh as we sink into shit.

I don't think you read what I wrote in another post on this thread (#30).

torchbearer
04-07-2011, 09:07 PM
I don't think you read what I wrote in another post on this thread (#30).

citizenship "was" grant to those born in these states. they were to be a citizen of the state they were born in. those children "were" eligible for the office of president.
any part of that confusing?

nate895
04-07-2011, 09:15 PM
citizenship "was" grant to those born in these states. they were to be a citizen of the state they were born in. those children "were" eligible for the office of president.
any part of that confusing?

I still don't think you've read my earlier post. You're attacking a straw man. I know I'm just an idiot on the internet to you, but my statement has an easily accessible context that you refuse to consider.

torchbearer
04-07-2011, 09:18 PM
I still don't think you've read my earlier post. You're attacking a straw man. I know I'm just an idiot on the internet to you, but my statement has an easily accessible context that you refuse to consider.

i'm the idiot obviously because i only consider the intent of the people who wrote the document.
they really did try to make it simple.

Aratus
04-07-2011, 09:18 PM
trump just took the birther stance mainstream

it's one further issue in any future debate...

AuH20
04-07-2011, 09:28 PM

Gimme a break. GWB ignored and covered up Clinton's crimes. The two party structure is as genuine as the World Wrestling Federation.

nate895
04-07-2011, 09:30 PM
i'm the idiot obviously because i only consider the intent of the people who wrote the document.
they really did try to make it simple.

The Constitution says nothing about who is a natural born citizen. I was pointing the legal roots of natural born citizenship.

BTW, what happened since last time you posted? I would not guess by your posts that you're the same torch.

BlackTerrel
04-07-2011, 09:31 PM
Ok what did they find then?

qh4dotcom
04-07-2011, 09:35 PM
:)

torchbearer
04-07-2011, 09:40 PM
The Constitution says nothing about who is a natural born citizen. I was pointing the legal roots of natural born citizenship.

BTW, what happened since last time you posted? I would not guess by your posts that you're the same torch.

John Jay to George Washington, presiding officer of the Constitutional Convention. Jay wrote:

Permit me to hint whether it would not be wise and reasonable to provide a strong check to the admission of Foreigners into the administration of our national Government, and to declare expressly that the Command in Chief of the American army shall not be given to nor devolve on, any but a natural born Citizen.

The requirements for citizenship, and its very definition in "American law" "have changed" since the Constitution was ratified in 1788. Congress first recognized the
citizenship of children born to U.S. parents overseas on March 26, 1790,. note no changes to the founders intent was changed, just the "living" consitution that required obviously no amendment.

The definition of the United States, for nationality purposes, was expanded in 1952 to add Guam (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Guam), and in 1986 it was expanded again to include the Northern Mariana Islands (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Northern_Mariana_Islands). Persons born in these territories (in addition to Puerto Rico (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Puerto_Rico) and the U.S. Virgin Islands (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_Virgin_Islands)) currently acquire U.S. citizenship at birth on the same terms as persons born in other parts of the United States. The category of outlying possessions of the United States (whose inhabitants generally have U.S. nationality but not U.S. citizenship) is now restricted to American Samoa (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/American_Samoa) and Swains Island (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Swains_Island)

note kenya and indonesia are not included. it is in the original intent to only give those known to have no other loyalties, no citizenship to other countries, the office of commander over our armed forces.

nate895
04-07-2011, 09:42 PM
John Jay to George Washington, presiding officer of the Constitutional Convention. Jay wrote:
Permit me to hint whether it would not be wise and reasonable to provide a strong check to the admission of Foreigners into the administration of our national Government, and to declare expressly that the Command in Chief of the American army shall not be given to nor devolve on, any but a natural born Citizen.

The requirements for citizenship, and its very definition in "American law" "have changed" since the Constitution was ratified in 1788. Congress first recognized the
citizenship of children born to U.S. parents overseas on March 26, 1790,. note no changes to the founders intent was changed, just the "living" consitution that required obviously no amendment.

The definition of the United States, for nationality purposes, was expanded in 1952 to add Guam (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Guam), and in 1986 it was expanded again to include the Northern Mariana Islands (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Northern_Mariana_Islands). Persons born in these territories (in addition to Puerto Rico (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Puerto_Rico) and the U.S. Virgin Islands (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_Virgin_Islands)) currently acquire U.S. citizenship at birth on the same terms as persons born in other parts of the United States. The category of outlying possessions of the United States (whose inhabitants generally have U.S. nationality but not U.S. citizenship) is now restricted to American Samoa (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/American_Samoa) and Swains Island (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Swains_Island) Regarding people born at U.S. military bases in foreign countries, current U.S. State Department (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/U.S._Department_of_State) policy.

note kenya and indonesia are not included, nor is it in the original intent to only give those known to have no other loyalties the office of commander over our armed forces.

None of what you are posting overturns my point from post 30. In fact, some of it backs it up.

torchbearer
04-07-2011, 09:47 PM
None of what you are posting overturns my point from post 30. In fact, some of it backs it up.

under the laws at the time of obama's birth, his father being a citizen of the british empire would infer british citizenship to his children, making his child both a citizen of the place of his birth, but foremost a citizen of britain. making our commander-in-chief both loyal to the state he was born and loyal to the foreign government of britain.
not the person you want in charge of your military.
a person with loyalty only to his state should hold such power.

steve005
04-07-2011, 09:55 PM
I wish people would just force him back to africa

torchbearer
04-07-2011, 09:58 PM
I wish people would just force him back to africa

he can legally become a senator or rep, just not pres.

AFPVet
04-07-2011, 10:31 PM
You guys are sadly missing the point... they wanted him in... he got in. The Constitution doesn't matter to them. Money buys all but those with integrity.

qh4dotcom
04-07-2011, 11:11 PM

Give me a break, the Clinton team was incompetent...they didn't find out about John Edwards cheating on his wife...and if the Clinton Team had made a big deal about Rev. Wright she would have won

dbill27
04-07-2011, 11:27 PM
under the laws at the time of obama's birth, his father being a citizen of the british empire would infer british citizenship to his children, making his child both a citizen of the place of his birth, but foremost a citizen of britain. making our commander-in-chief both loyal to the state he was born and loyal to the foreign government of britain.

We've had 9 other presidents with at least one parent born in another country.

crazyfacedjenkins
04-07-2011, 11:43 PM

George Washington was a fucking British subject!!! Do I need to go into more detail about the citizenship the other founding fathers held??? With this kind of backwards logic, it's no wonder you lost that election.

Krugerrand
04-08-2011, 06:44 AM
George Washington was a f.....g British subject!!! Do I need to go into more detail about the citizenship the other founding fathers held??? With this kind of backwards logic, it's no wonder you lost that election.

Notice that an allowance was made for those alive at the time the constitution was adopted and were not natural born citizens. So, you can go into more detail about the citizenship of the founding fathers, but it would be moot.

No person except a natural born Citizen, or a Citizen of the United States, at the time of the Adoption of this Constitution, shall be eligible to the Office of President; neither shall any Person be eligible to that Office who shall not have attained to the Age of thirty-five Years, and been fourteen Years a Resident within the United States.

Krugerrand
04-08-2011, 06:59 AM
Or they used it to blackmail him into making her Sec. of State and following the same agenda... What's the difference who is President if they are following the agenda?

I think you're onto something with this. I think the real decision makers are not the Clintons nor Obama nor Trump. Trump didn't just give a few hundred bucks to Rahm Emanuel. He gave Obama's dear friend $50,000! I don't this can be anything other than a charade by those with influence.

crazyfacedjenkins
04-08-2011, 09:01 AM
Notice that an allowance was made for those alive at the time the constitution was adopted and were not natural born citizens. So, you can go into more detail about the citizenship of the founding fathers, but it would be moot.

So it's good for them, but not got for the rest of us slobs. I see. To be expected from a bunch of wealthy, un elected, slave owners... who wanted to be free. Can't make this shit up.

acptulsa
04-08-2011, 09:08 AM
So it's good for them, but not got for the rest of us slobs. I see. To be expected from a bunch of wealthy, un elected, slave owners... who wanted to be free. Can't make this shit up.

Obviously they should have left a vacuum of power for thirty-five years until the brand new nation could be around long enough for its babies to grow up.

crazyfacedjenkins
04-08-2011, 09:13 AM
Obviously they should have left a vacuum of power for thirty-five years until the brand new nation could be around long enough for its babies to grow up.

Excuses. You guys will bend over backwards to defend their bullshit hypocrisy. Just admit it doesn't matter. Besides, as it was already mentioned, we've had 9 presidents with dual citizenship.

Aratus
04-08-2011, 09:18 AM
you have to pardon Trump for crowning a mayor of Chicago recently an' for
stirring up a birther debate so as to squash the same, or even for advocating
high bill mckinley and herbert hoover tariffs, however as a new yorker in a veep
position he could allow a GOP ticket to pick up NY state an' N.E to sweep past the
Democratic Ticket by lets say 5 points at least! any other GOP ticket goes to the wire!

Krugerrand
04-08-2011, 09:26 AM
you have to pardon Trump for crowning a mayor of Chicago recently an' for
stirring up a birther debate so as to squash the same, or even for advocating
high bill mckinley and herbert hoover tariffs, however as a new yorker in a veep
position he could allow a GOP ticket to pick up NY state an' N.E to sweep past the
Democratic Ticket by lets say 5 points at least! any other GOP ticket goes to the wire!

RP likes to say that you must be careful putting your name on a ballot - you may just win. I'd never want Trump on a ballot as a VP ... he could end up Pres that way.

acptulsa
04-08-2011, 09:48 AM
Excuses. You guys will bend over backwards to defend their bullshit hypocrisy. Just admit it doesn't matter. Besides, as it was already mentioned, we've had 9 presidents with dual citizenship.

I'm sorry you consider the nation being sixteen years old as such a terrible excuse for not electing thirty-five year old natives to public office. But they simply weren't an-caps, and that's the way it was.

UtahApocalypse
04-08-2011, 10:15 AM
What irks me most is the media hype, and getting behind Trump about this. Why is he not being laughed at as Ron Paul and his supporters were in 07'-08'?

acptulsa
04-08-2011, 10:48 AM
What irks me most is the media hype, and getting behind Trump about this. Why is he not being laughed at as Ron Paul and his supporters were in 07'-08'?

He is being laughed at. Trump is continually laughed at. I'm sure this is one of the reasons he's doing this, to keep people laughing about the issue.

I mean, he whines about Obama then fails to deliver the long form of his own birth certificate. The goofy bastard is comedy gold.

Flash
04-08-2011, 10:54 AM
He is being laughed at. Trump is continually laughed at. I'm sure this is one of the reasons he's doing this, to keep people laughing about the issue.

I mean, he whines about Obama then fails to deliver the long form of his own birth certificate. The goofy bastard is comedy gold.

Actually, his poll numbers have increased dramatically since he questioned Obama's birth certificate.

acptulsa
04-08-2011, 10:57 AM
Actually, his poll numbers have increased dramatically since he questioned Obama's birth certificate.

And the amount of attention we've collectively been paying to Charlie Sheen has gone up lately, too. What's more, motorists slow down for a traffic accident just to rubberneck.

At this point, the polls are largely a measure of, has anyone heard of this person?

specsaregood
04-08-2011, 11:01 AM

Which shows that republican voters are willing to support a democrat as long as he puts on an entertaining show.

Feeding the Abscess
04-08-2011, 11:18 AM
Nate's right, natural born citizenship in the United States includes being born to a single mother overseas. There's a statute passed in 1952 that explains it.

sofia
04-08-2011, 12:36 PM

Because Trumps objective with this is to derail Ron Paul. The anti-Establishment voters are loving this Birth certificate controversy. I am happy that Trump is doing this cuz Obama is a fraud. ........but, unfortunately, its gonna hurt RP

Wicklowwolf
04-08-2011, 01:19 PM

McCain was born on a US Army base in Panama. US military installations abroad count as "American soil". Therefore John McCain is eligible to serve as POTUS.

Wicklowwolf
04-08-2011, 01:25 PM
Phil Berg explains the situation very clearly here. Obama is a usurper who got himself elected hiding behind lies.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9oC7zQpIdOA

Feeding the Abscess
04-08-2011, 03:17 PM
McCain was born on a US Army base in Panama. US military installations abroad count as "American soil". Therefore John McCain is eligible to serve as POTUS.

McCain could have been born on the Moon and he would have been a citizen.

LibForestPaul
04-08-2011, 10:17 PM
Pretty sure this goes under controlled opposition.

enhanced_deficit
11-29-2017, 05:21 PM
Did not see this coming up again at this stage, from Drudge today:

President Trump reportedly revives birther claims against Obama

Nov 29th 2017 6:26AM

Behind closed doors, President Trump has revived a conspiracy theory that his predecessor Barack Obama was not born in the U.S., according to a report.
A senator who spoke to the New York Times (https://www.nytimes.com/2017/11/28/us/politics/trump-access-hollywood-tape.html?hp&action=click&pgtype=Homepage&clickSource=story-heading&module=first-column-region%C2%AEion=top-news&WT.nav=top-news&_r=0) on the condition of anonymity recounted a conversation with Trump in which he questioned the authenticity of President Barack Obama’s birth certificate, a falsehood he has fueled since 2011.
Trump has repeated the theory in recent months, even though he held a press conference in September 2016 and announced, “President Obama was born in the United States — period.”
Three years after Obama released a short-form birth certificate in 2008 to quell rumors he was born in Kenya, Trump revived the birther movement to undermine the legitimacy of the country’s first black president.
During an appearance on “The View” in 2011, Trump asked, “Why doesn’t he show his birth certificate? There’s something on that birth certificate that he doesn’t like.”
He also famously tweeted, “An ‘extremely credible source’ has called my office and told me that @BarackObama’s birth certificate is a fraud.”

https://www.aol.com/article/news/2017/11/29/president-trump-reportedly-revives-birther-claims-against-obama/23291426/

Zippyjuan
11-29-2017, 05:31 PM
He also now says the Access Hollywood tape is faked too. Trump losing it?

phill4paul
11-29-2017, 05:34 PM
A senator who spoke... on the condition of anonymity

I heard from someone, who heard it from someone, in the know. :rolleyes:

Brian4Liberty
11-29-2017, 05:50 PM

A senator who spoke to the New York Times on the condition of anonymity recounted a conversation with Trump in which he questioned the authenticity of President Barack Obama’s birth certificate

Well, which is it? A private conversation where it came up is different than "reviving birther claims". This is beyond spin and wording, it is simply a falsehood.

RJB
11-29-2017, 05:59 PM
This is an interesting read, the discussion of Trump back in 2011. The predictions, theories...

Raginfridus
11-29-2017, 06:08 PM
McCain was born to U.S. citizens. He is, therefore, a natural born citizen of the United States.Unfortunately:(

I don't believe trump is a birther. It's all a blatant publicity stunt/headline grabber for some dumb new reality show he probably has coming upPresident of The United States

Swordsmyth
11-29-2017, 06:32 PM
Did not see this coming up again at this stage, from Drudge today:

Nov 29th 2017 6:26AM

Behind closed doors, President Trump has revived a conspiracy theory that his predecessor Barack Obama was not born in the U.S., according to a report.
A senator who spoke to the New York Times (https://www.nytimes.com/2017/11/28/us/politics/trump-access-hollywood-tape.html?hp&action=click&pgtype=Homepage&clickSource=story-heading&module=first-column-region%C2%AEion=top-news&WT.nav=top-news&_r=0) on the condition of anonymity recounted a conversation with Trump in which he questioned the authenticity of President Barack Obama’s birth certificate, a falsehood he has fueled since 2011.
Trump has repeated the theory in recent months, even though he held a press conference in September 2016 and announced, “President Obama was born in the United States — period.”
Three years after Obama released a short-form birth certificate in 2008 to quell rumors he was born in Kenya, Trump revived the birther movement to undermine the legitimacy of the country’s first black president.
During an appearance on “The View” in 2011, Trump asked, “Why doesn’t he show his birth certificate? There’s something on that birth certificate that he doesn’t like.”
He also famously tweeted, “An ‘extremely credible source’ has called my office and told me that @BarackObama’s birth certificate is a fraud.”

https://www.aol.com/article/news/2017/11/29/president-trump-reportedly-revives-birther-claims-against-obama/23291426/

He also now says the Access Hollywood tape is faked too. Trump losing it?

Both of those are RUMORS.

Now Trump is responsible for something the Fake News says that someone (they won't tell you who) said that he said?