PDA

View Full Version : Rand Paul Myths in full bloom

AuH20
04-07-2011, 08:30 AM
These comments are baffling!!! And is it really coming from our sector? And how did Ron do such a poor job raising such a cold-hearted and ruthless scoundrel? ;):D

http://www.sodahead.com/united-states/paul-vs-paul-should-ron-step-aside-and-let-son-rand-run/question-1654163/

Rand Paul is an extremist who will never be accepted by the moderates and democrats, while Ron Paul's popularity has been rising for some time now.

Rand Paul is a Conservative Con Artist. I as a Republican would not vote for him he is all about the Corporations taking over the power of America, He takes from the people to give to the Corporate/Rich....He needs to go Bye Bye.

rand is an idiot, ron is good guy

specsaregood
04-07-2011, 08:35 AM
These comments are baffling!!! And is it really coming from our sector? And how did Ron do such a poor job raising such a cold-hearted and ruthless scoundrel? ;):D

http://www.sodahead.com/united-states/paul-vs-paul-should-ron-step-aside-and-let-son-rand-run/question-1654163/

It is easy: the left likes Ron because the Republicans don't. the Right likes Rand because they can't admit they were wrong about Ron.
I hope Rand is in the PPP poll, it could prove quite interesting.

AuH20
04-07-2011, 08:38 AM
It is easy: the left likes Ron because the Republicans don't. the Right likes Rand because they can't admit they were wrong about Ron.

But like Collins says, they're practically interchangeable in terms of policy. Secondly, Ron hasn't been given the national forum to take on the welfare state as much as he'd like, with national security issues taking precedence during the last election cycle. The left thinks of Ron as this pacifist when he's paleoconservative through and through.

specsaregood
04-07-2011, 08:41 AM
But like Collins says, they're practically interchangeable in terms of policy. Secondly, Ron hasn't been given the national forum to take on the welfare state as much as he'd like, with national security issues taking precedence during the last election cycle. The left thinks of Ron as this pacifist when he's paleoconservative through and through.

Looks like you agree with me.

jmdrake
04-07-2011, 09:07 AM

Yep. Just look at the civil rights act flap. Ron attacked the entire bill on the house floor. Rand, after being backed into a corner, said he would have tried to reword one section. And who did MSNBC jump on for weeks over this?

specsaregood
04-07-2011, 09:12 AM
Yep. Just look at the civil rights act flap. Ron attacked the entire bill on the house floor. Rand, after being backed into a corner, said he would have tried to reword one section. And who did MSNBC jump on for weeks over this?

At the same time, should Ron win the nomination of the Republican party, MSNBC will be even more hostile to Ron than they were to Rand. It'll be disgusting. I wouldn't be surprised if they go full-on comedy show and have people come in dressed with KKK hoods to come on and proclaim to be supporters.

AuH20
04-07-2011, 09:14 AM
At the same time, should Ron win the nomination of the Republican party, MSNBC will be even more hostile to Ron than they were to Rand. It'll be disgusting. I wouldn't be surprised if they go full-on comedy show and have people come in dressed with KKK hoods to come on and proclaim to be supporters.

Stuff like this.

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-zJqhztiYTOc/TVNrU7mHtYI/AAAAAAAAAMk/e6e2rZS93As/s1600/Ron%2BPaul%2B-%2BAngry%2BWhite%2BConfederate%2BMan.bmp

Brett85
04-07-2011, 09:15 AM

Yeah. What people don't seem to realize is that if Ron were to ever win the GOP nomination, the Dem machine and the left wing media would do a smear campaign on him like you've never seen before.

acptulsa
04-07-2011, 09:20 AM
Yeah. What people don't seem to realize is that if Ron were to ever win the GOP nomination, the Dem machine and the left wing media would do a smear campaign on him like you've never seen before.

We've seen it before. From the Rep Machine and the right wing media. Three years ago. Why do you think enough right wingers have taken a shine to Rand to convince the left wingers he's a major enemy? Because he hasn't (yet) received the same treatment.

Sooner or later I hope we can find a way to expose the party hypocracy with this. Alike as peas in a pod, yet one has galvanized this half of the population and the other has galvanized that half. How can two people with the most similar overall outlooks in all of Congress achieve that? Only through manipulation; rational thought could not possibly achieve that result.

jmdrake
04-07-2011, 09:22 AM

Oh I realize it. Rand had a lovefest on MSNBC until after he won the nomination. Maddow could have gone after the civil rights stuff during the primaries but she didn't.

AuH20
04-07-2011, 09:25 AM
Remember Taibbi shuffling down to Kentucky to specifically bait Rand on his opinion of MLK? MLK was a conman but he has been enshrined as a national treasure by the MSM and society in general. So Taibbi was looking for that one soundbyte that could potentially destroy Rand's promising political career.

specsaregood
04-07-2011, 09:29 AM
MLK was a conman but he has been enshrined as a national treasure by the MSM...

Conmen enshrining a conman....who woulda thunk.

AuH20
04-07-2011, 09:33 AM
Conmen enshrining a conman....who woulda thunk.

It was a token gift to the black community, just to keep them subservient and quiet. Oddly enough, MLK never preached independence from the government. LOL

Aratus
04-07-2011, 09:35 AM
malcolm X was often brusk. MLK was more mainstream.

barack obama talks sorta JFK and thinks like RMN + LBJ!

acptulsa
04-07-2011, 09:36 AM
MLK was a conman...

What did he promise that he failed to deliver?

sailingaway
04-07-2011, 09:38 AM
I think this whole meme serves nothing but to divide and distract us. Ron will be in the debate in SC on May 5, Rand won't.

(GET TIX NOW -URGENT there may only be hours to do so! see other thread http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?286691-URGENT-ACTION-People-in-the-SC-NC-TN-GA )

Personally, I think Rand should run from day one as VP and showcase both of them, and Rand's budget, but what do I know? I'm backing the one who runs, and it seems pretty clear to me now that that is going to be Ron.

AuH20
04-07-2011, 09:41 AM
What did he promise that he failed to deliver?

He preached institutionally based equality without any sort of pride or independence. Secondly, as an ordained preacher, he was the biggest hypocrite going. Malcolm X was the real deal in comparison. He didn't want to live on the white man's plantation for pure entertainment purposes.

teacherone
04-07-2011, 09:47 AM
He preached institutionally based equality without any sort of pride or independence. Secondly, as an ordained preacher, he was the biggest hypocrite going. Malcolm X was the real deal in comparison. He didn't want to live on the white man's plantation for pure entertainment purposes.

if ron paul had 1/10 MLK's oratory skills it would be lights out establishment.

Inkblots
04-07-2011, 09:49 AM
if ron paul had 1/10 MLK's oratory skills it would be lights out establishment.

Absolutely. And it's amazing that MLK's knowledge of rhetoric was essentially self-taught. I seem to recall him being given poor marks for speaking when at seminary.