PDA

View Full Version : We need to get more followers online, here is how

nyrgoal99
10-25-2007, 08:46 AM
All of us go on different websites besides this one. We need to go into chatrooms, forums, blogs, and whatever, and spread the word, and get people to come onto this website. The November 5th campaign needs to raise over 1 million to be effective for the media. 10 million would get us the biggest jump in the polls ever.

Go now and recruit

brandon
10-25-2007, 08:48 AM
Be very careful doing this. Most internet junkies already know who Paul is and are sick of supporters coming and spamming their forums.

Please try not to come off as a "spammer"

For example, someone with a post count of 1 posting a thread titled "Who is Ron Paul" on a forum for gardening is spamming, and not a good move.

mavtek
10-25-2007, 08:48 AM
I've been doing that already I hope all of you have as well. Fortunately I was already a member of many forums that I haven't been active in so it doesn't look like I'm spamming.

me3
10-25-2007, 08:49 AM
All of us go on different websites besides this one. We need to go into chatrooms, forums, blogs, and whatever, and spread the word, and get people to come onto this website. The November 5th campaign needs to raise over 1 million to be effective for the media. 10 million would get us the biggest jump in the polls ever.

Go now and recruit
No, we don't need to get people to come onto this website.

We need to get clarity in the delegate process, sign up delegates and organize voters on the ground for the primaries. The online battle has already been won. But the election will not be held on the internet.

The last thing we need considering recent events are for RP supporters to run around the net spamming a fund raiser.

kylejack
10-25-2007, 08:49 AM
We've conquered the internet. Our focus now needs to be on converting that to offline support, to people who rarely use the internet.

lasenorita
10-25-2007, 08:52 AM
If you do that, remember to be respectful and reasonable. Keep in mind that you're representing Ron Paul and thousands of people just like you and me. Think: What would Ron Paul Do? (http://www.wwrpd.org/) :)

ETA: Personally, I think getting more offline supporters is a more effective way to gaining online supporters. People hear about Ron Paul from friends, family, strangers, and they go online to find out more about him.

DaronWestbrooke
10-25-2007, 08:54 AM
I thought that is what we have been doing all along.

DrNoZone
10-25-2007, 09:10 AM
Be very careful doing this. Most internet junkies already know who Paul is and are sick of supporters coming and spamming their forums.

For example, someone with a post count of 1 posting a thread titled "Who is Ron Paul" on a forum for gardening is spamming, and not a good move.

No need to spam. Many of us are already long time members of other forums, and it's perfectly okay to make a relevant post over there about Ron Paul. I've done so on a few forums I'm a member of; I made the post relevant to the forums main topic and it was well received.

mesler
10-25-2007, 09:14 AM
We don't need more on-line support. We need people to get OFF their computer and talking to people.

vauge
10-25-2007, 09:19 AM

Wise advice. :)

BrianH
10-25-2007, 12:00 PM
The MySpace is the best thing going in my opinion. Because it builds on STRENGTH of people already committed to Ron Paul but not part of this forum. There's over 70,000 of them and growing very fast! So give 20-30 minutes a day to this very worthwhile effort. The response rate I have is over 10% positive and thank me for reminding them to donate and many ask to help the project. So please we need more volunteers!

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=25583