PDA

View Full Version : If Ron Paul Announces..

Liberty_Mike
04-06-2011, 05:02 PM
The Libertarian and Constitution parties need to back out of the election and throw their full support behind him. Anyone agree? Is there a way we can reach out to both parties and convince them?

muzzled dogg
04-06-2011, 05:12 PM
cant see it happening dude

sailingaway
04-06-2011, 05:29 PM
They will do what they will do. A lot of their individual members might do that, though.

anaconda
04-06-2011, 05:40 PM
I have a feeling that Ron and Rand are up to something, and it might be different than what we all suspect. I think Maybe Ron will bow out of the Republican Primary while he continues to announce that he would be very open to a third party run if the Republicans will not nominate a true conservative. This puts pressure on the GOP to do so. And lets Rand carry the message in the debates. This way Ron won't be subjected to any "sore loser" ballot issues down the road. This is a wild guess of a theory but I think they have some form of strategy that is a bit more complicated than we are giving them credit for here on the forum. I think Ron and Rand are serious bad ass dudes. I do not believe this is about Ron reflecting day by day about whether he has the energy for it, or how big the crowds are that turn out this month to hear him speak. I think he and his son are plotting a strategy as a team, of sorts.

So, regarding the OP, I would prefer that the Libertarian Party go for 50 state ballot access and the Constitution Party get as many as possible also, so that Ron is set up to go without the grassroots having to spend time and money petitioning for ballot access.

sailingaway
04-06-2011, 06:04 PM
I think California would give Ron access just on his name.

Matt Collins
04-06-2011, 06:10 PM
No. During the primaries these people will have to either register as Republican to vote for Ron, or not vote (if it's a closed primary state). If Ron loses, then they won't be able to vote for him regardless. If Ron wins the nomination then they'll be able to vote for him.

Matt Collins
04-06-2011, 06:15 PM
I have a feeling that Ron and Rand are up to something, and it might be different than what we all suspect. I think Maybe Ron will bow out of the Republican Primary while he continues to announce that he would be very open to a third party run if the Republicans will not nominate a true conservative. This puts pressure on the GOP to do so. And lets Rand carry the message in the debates. This way Ron won't be subjected to any "sore loser" ballot issues down the road. This is a wild guess of a theory but I think they have some form of strategy that is a bit more complicated than we are giving them credit for here on the forum. I think Ron and Rand are serious bad ass dudes. I do not believe this is about Ron reflecting day by day about whether he has the energy for it, or how big the crowds are that turn out this month to hear him speak. I think he and his son are plotting a strategy as a team, of sorts.I doubt it but we can dream :)

However I do agree, Ron and Rand have a lot more political prowess than most people give them credit for.

mommaliberty
04-06-2011, 06:32 PM
the LP in MS appears ready to throw their full support behind him. this is the message i received from them:

The MSLP will use the following site for posting event announcements on Meetup.com: http://www.meetup.com/ronpaul-582/ MSLP will continue to encourage all liberty-based organizations to use the Meetup site above for organizing events. Together with the Campaign 4 Liberty and other organizations, members of the Mississippi Libertarian Party have long supported the mission of Ron Paul; that is the reinstatement of constitutional limits on the power of government. We recognize the eventual success of the liberty movement requires cooperation among many disparate factions. Consequently, it's the policy of the organizer for RonPaul-582, the MS Libertarian Party, to provide this resource as a community service to the broader liberty movement in Mississippi ... ourselves included.

anaconda
04-06-2011, 08:13 PM
I doubt it but we can dream :)

However I do agree, Ron and Rand have a lot more political prowess than most people give them credit for.

Do you think Ron is simply tossing the idea back and forth: "Hmmmm...shall I spend more time with the grand kids for the next 12 months? Or, should I run for President? Hmmm...grand kids or President? grand kids or President? Hmmm..dang I can't decide. I'll sleep on it and decide in a month or two..." Somehow I doubt this.