PDA

View Full Version : Does the $2300/$4600 limit reset on 1/1/08

JPFromTally
10-25-2007, 08:01 AM
Not that I'm anywhere near maxing out (I've been doing $50-$100 every couple of weeks) but I am wondering if the limits for individual/married contributions reset at the beginning of the year?

Is the max per year or is the max per campaign/per donor?

Thanks!

kylejack
10-25-2007, 08:04 AM
No. But you can donate to the general election, if Ron gets the nomination.

margomaps
10-25-2007, 08:06 AM
I'd also like to know the answer to this.

Also, when the Q3 numbers came out, I kept hearing about how x% of so-and-so's fundraising can be used for the primary, but y% has to be used for the general election. How is this determined? Nobody ever asked me whether my donation should be used for the primary or for the general election. :confused:

ItsTime
10-25-2007, 08:07 AM
if you are married your wife/husband can donate $2300 as well. Plus your children over the age of 16 can donate the max. I know there is no official age limit to donate but I believe Ron Paul will not take large donations from someone under the age of 16.

ItsTime
10-25-2007, 08:07 AM
Your money is used for the primary first.

I'd also like to know the answer to this.

Also, when the Q3 numbers came out, I kept hearing about how x% of so-and-so's fundraising can be used for the primary, but y% has to be used for the general election. How is this determined? Nobody ever asked me whether my donation should be used for the primary or for the general election. :confused:

Brinck Slattery
10-25-2007, 08:13 AM
I can forsee needing a vomit bag when I have to donate to the RNC for the general election once Paul wins the nomination.

Brian Bailey
10-25-2007, 08:15 AM
lol.

The depths we are willing to delve...

foofighter20x
10-25-2007, 09:16 AM
No. You can only put $2300 toward the primary election, and $2300 towards the general election.

All the state primaries are considered one primary contest.

As of right now, Dr Paul's campaign is not accepting money for the general election, so at the moment, you max out at $2300.

freelance
10-25-2007, 10:10 AM
I can forsee needing a vomit bag when I have to donate to the RNC for the general election once Paul wins the nomination.

No, you don't have to donate to the RNC. You can donate another $2300 to RP for the general election. In fact, if you donate to the RNC, they'll farm it out to non-Ron-Paul congressional and senatorial candidates.

Brinck Slattery
10-25-2007, 10:11 AM
I wonder about that - if Paul gets the nomination, do you think the RNC will support him? I mean, will they give him the full support of the party, or will they give him the shaft?

centure7
10-25-2007, 11:43 AM
I wonder about that - if Paul gets the nomination, do you think the RNC will support him? I mean, will they give him the full support of the party, or will they give him the shaft?

I think they will vocally support him but personally have a grudge. I think a lot of big powerful people will be very angry :) Just another reason to love Ron Paul.