PDA

View Full Version : Fox News' Glenn Beck show to end later this year

JohnEngland
04-06-2011, 11:03 AM
Sensational breaking news. I guess he's moving on to bigger and better things:

Glenn Beck will end his daily Fox News Channel program later this year.

His departure was jointly announced in a statement on Wednesday by Fox and Mr. Beck’s company, Mercury Radio Arts. The statement did not specify an end date for the show, called “Glenn Beck,” which has been telecast at 5 p.m. on Fox News since early 2009.

Fox News and Mercury Radio Arts, which have sometimes clashed over the making of “Glenn Beck,” will “work together to develop and produce a variety of television projects for air on the Fox News Channel as well as content for other platforms including Fox News’ digital properties,” the companies said in the statement.

As expected, a senior Fox News executive, Joel Cheatwood, will join Mr. Beck at Mercury Radio Arts starting later this month.

The statement was briefly posted on The Blaze, a Web site owned by Mr. Beck, but it was then taken down. Representatives for Fox and Mr. Beck did not immediately explain why.

Mr. Beck is a hugely popular figure on Fox News, averaging 2.2 million viewers each weekday, though his ratings have fallen somewhat in the last year. He is beloved by his fans for speaking out against what he sees as threats from progressives. His opponents — and there are many — condemn him for his conspiratorial views and apocalyptic predictions.

Mr. Beck has been contemplating an exit from Fox for some time. Two of the post-Fox options he has considered, according to people who have spoken about it with him, are a partial or wholesale takeover of a cable channel, or an expansion of his subscription video service on the Web. His company has been staffing up — making Web shows, some of which have little or nothing to do with Mr. Beck, and charging a monthly subscription for access to the shows.

Mr. Beck also hosts a syndicated radio show in the morning. He was estimated to earn about $32 million in total revenues in 2009, the first year that he worked at Fox.

In the statement on Wednesday, Mr. Beck said he would be starting a “new phase” of a partnership with Roger Ailes, the chairman of Fox News. “I truly believe that America owes a lot to Roger Ailes and Fox News,” he said.

Mr. Ailes said in the statement, “Glenn Beck is a powerful communicator, a creative entrepreneur and a true success by anybody’s standards. I look forward to continuing to work with him.”

http://mediadecoder.blogs.nytimes.com/2011/04/06/glenn-beck-to-end-daily-fox-news-program/?hp

A few words: Freedom Watch. 5pm. Fox News channel. Do it!

AuH20
04-06-2011, 11:05 AM
Why put Freedom Watch on at 5 PM? It's a dead man's slot. Judge is fine where he is, in primetime.

Lucille
04-06-2011, 11:05 AM
A few words: Freedom Watch. 5pm. Fox News channel. Do it!

That's what I'm hoping. Have there been any rumors about that possibility?

AuH20, sadly, not everyone gets Fox Biz.

Brian4Liberty
04-06-2011, 11:06 AM
Beck jumped the shark with his religious rally in DC...

gls
04-06-2011, 11:12 AM
Why put Freedom Watch on at 5 PM? It's a dead man's slot. Judge is fine where he is, in primetime.

The Judge is still on Fox Business right? ANY slot on Fox News is better than the best slot on FBN. I don't think Neilson even bothers with the later channel since the ratings are so low.

JohnEngland
04-06-2011, 11:14 AM

I think it's simply that he's become too big for Fox.

I think Fox News at 5pm gets a far bigger audience than Fox Business, at any hour. Moving the Judge to Beck's position would be a great move. We should press Fox News to make it happen. We've got the Judge this far. Time for one more push!

talkingpointes
04-06-2011, 11:16 AM
Good riddance, have never liked Beck, nor do I think I will ever. Nothing better than watching someone be totally on point, than out of no where;.. they take you off to fantasy land invoking godwins law ten times on the way there. As far as I'm concerned Stossel and the Judge have been laying the planks long enough in the mainstream for us. Beck is taint, we don't need taint.

Brett85
04-06-2011, 11:22 AM
Much of the dissension stems from Beck’s movement away from neoconservatism and towards constitutional conservatism (sometimes called paleoconservatism).

Politico reports, “Beck’s behavior has increasingly drawn fire from conservatives concerned about his influence in their movement, while facing mounting speculation about the future of his Fox News television show.”

http://www.thenewamerican.com/economy/sectors-mainmenu-46/6996-beck-may-leave-fox-news-and-pursue-own-channel

AuH20
04-06-2011, 11:22 AM
I think it's simply that he's become too big for Fox.

He's grown too big to be confined by the parameters Fox has drawn. I agree with you. He should go independent like Jones.

FrankRep
04-06-2011, 11:25 AM
He's grown too big to be confined by the parameters Fox has drawn. I agree with you. He should go independent like Jones.

Plus, Glenn Beck will have more freedom to say what he wants.

Jeremy
04-06-2011, 11:26 AM
They will probably replace his show with an election show for 2012. The question is, who gets a show after that?

Jeremy
04-06-2011, 11:27 AM

Fox Business prime time probably gets less views than Fox News at 3AM.

sparebulb
04-06-2011, 11:29 AM
Win-Win-Win-Lose

Win: Media Matters scarily knocks out one of their foes

Win: Fox News amputates a gangrenous property (Beck)

Win: Beck gets to expand his profitable cult of personality in different venues

Lose: Us, because the bad guys win again

tangent4ronpaul
04-06-2011, 11:31 AM
Now he's gone done it...

BECK 2012! :D

sparebulb
04-06-2011, 11:38 AM
Now he's gone done it...

BECK 2012! lol

PALIN/BECK 2012

Starring:
Rev Hagee as Secretary of State
Rudy Ghouli911i as Attorney General
Joe LIEberman as Homeland Security Secretary
Roger Ailes as FCC Chairman

freshjiva
04-06-2011, 11:39 AM
It makes perfect sense for Judge Napolitano to move into his 5PM weekday slot. He's been there for Beck everytime he needed someone to fill in for him. There was a post here on RPF that the Glenn Beck show barely suffered in its ratings that entire week when Judge Nap was subbing in for Beck.

I think the Judge wrapped up the ultimate test as a potent Beck replacement that week.

AFPVet
04-06-2011, 11:48 AM
It makes perfect sense for Judge Napolitano to move into his 5PM weekday slot. He's been there for Beck everytime he needed someone to fill in for him. There was a post here on RPF that the Glenn Beck show barely suffered in its ratings that entire week when Judge Nap was subbing in for Beck.

I think the Judge wrapped up the ultimate test as a potent Beck replacement that week.

I agree... I think it will be the Judge Napolitano show.

Philhelm
04-06-2011, 11:49 AM
PALIN/BECK 2012

Starring:

What, no love for Senator Lindsey Graham?

talkingpointes
04-06-2011, 11:50 AM

He could be the bathroom attendant.

emazur
04-06-2011, 11:50 AM

Exactly what I was going to say, thanks for saving me the trouble.

Peace&Freedom
04-06-2011, 11:52 AM
Beck was there to serve as a Judas Goat to rein in Liberty minded people back into the GOP camp, or the left-right paradigm. His role became so disastrously transparent, especially after his hit job on Medina, and his tendency to rip off rants by Alex Jones against the NWO/banksters and turn them into rants against liberal "progressives," that his ratings plummeted. To compensate, he eventually did start to admit aspects of the liberty movement's concerns were valid, and to attack Republican failures, using his "progressives" devil figure as a cover for his partial defection from the Fox-dictated mainstream.

That defection, and a sense that he would not be able to blunt or co-opt the liberty movement as in 2007, is what got him fired. The simplest replacement solution would be to put the judge's show on BOTH Fox News (at 5) and FBN (rerun at 8 and 11, just as it is now).

pacelli
04-06-2011, 11:55 AM

I think he jumped the shark when he castigated Ron Paul supporters as terrorists.

AuH20
04-06-2011, 11:56 AM
Beck was there to serve as a Judas Goat to rein in Liberty minded people back into the GOP camp, or the left-right paradigm. His role became so disastrously transparent, especially after his hit job on Medina, and his tendency to rip off rants by Alex Jones against the NWO/banksters and turn them into rants against liberal "progressives," that his ratings plummeted. To compensate, he eventually did start to admit aspects of the liberty movement's concerns were valid, and to attack Republican failures, using his "progressives" devil figure as a cover for his partial defection from the Fox-dictated mainstream.

That defection, and a sense that he would not be able to blunt or co-opt the liberty movement as in 2007, is what got him fired. The simplest replacement solution would be to put the judge's show on BOTH Fox News (at 5) and FBN (rerun at 8 and 11, just as it is now).

Progressives are the devil if you trace back their influence in creating the modern-day slave state. He even included Bush & McCain in that group. Do the people who even criticize Beck even watch or listen to his show? That's what I want to know.

http://mediamatters.org/mmtv/200909230021

Matt Collins
04-06-2011, 11:59 AM
Well his rhetoric recently has become good to a large extent. After his Medina knee-capping I don't trust him at all, but at least he is coming more toward us, or at least sounding like it.

crhoades
04-06-2011, 12:00 PM

+rep

RPIdeaMan08
04-06-2011, 12:10 PM
Push for Judge Napolitano Show @ 5pm can someone help put together a list of contacts at Fox News to get the push started. Would a website be a good idea?.. we could reference it in emails and Fox Execs may see it as a big demand for him.

daviddee
04-06-2011, 12:33 PM

payme_rick
04-06-2011, 12:33 PM
Progressives are the devil if you trace back their influence in creating the modern-day slave state. He even included Bush & McCain in that group. Do the people who even criticize Beck even watch or listen to his show? That's what I want to know.

Yah, I criticize him and listen to his show when I can...

About every week he slams TARP, Auto Bailouts and The Patriot Act etc... as examples of bad things our elected officials have done... Is that accurate?

Then he had Paul Ryan on his show yesterday morning and told him he loved him and basically drooled all over the mic because of the guy... Is that accurate? Of course it is, because I listened to it live...

Paul Ryan voted in favor of all of these things and Beck wants to tongue the guy (along with Rick Perry)...

Do the people that take up for Beck even listen to his shows? Well, I know they do, but do they pay attention? That's what I want to know...

The Dark Knight
04-06-2011, 12:34 PM
Only good thing I see from this is if the Judge gets his time slot, but i doubt it. No one left to watch on Foxnews now. He was one of the few on foxnews to go after the fed and propose defense cuts. Most of the people on here that hate beck are still sour from what he said 3 plus years ago but anyone that has been watching him in the last 2 years knows he has moved away from the Neo Cons and towards us. He does still favor Israel a little too much but my heavens he does a much better job than Oreilly or Hannity

Peace&Freedom
04-06-2011, 12:34 PM

Well IF you want to know, this person who criticizes Beck has been in his studio audience twice. I have seen him and his staff pass over a crowd filled with libertarians to find the conservative who would mainly parrot the two-party paradigm meme. And the progressive influence you mention was historically financed by the NWO/banking interests, which Beck studiously leaves out of his discussions.

AuH20
04-06-2011, 12:45 PM
Well IF you want to know, this person who criticizes Beck has been in his studio audience twice. I have seen him and his staff pass over a crowd filled with libertarians to find the conservative who would mainly parrot the two-party paradigm meme. And the progressive influence you mention was historically financed by the NWO/banking interests, which Beck studiously leaves out of his discussions.

True. But it was an inevitable alliance. Go down the street today, find a random progressive and they're going to endorse the legitimacy of the 16th amendment, the importance of the United Nations and the fairness of Keynesian economic policy. They have no qualms about centralizing power and harnessing it for the "common good", as opposed to us.

Brooklyn Red Leg
04-06-2011, 12:54 PM
Good riddance. Beck is a tool (in both senses) and its time his dead Albatross ass was taken from around our necks.

HOLLYWOOD
04-06-2011, 01:21 PM
Push for Judge Napolitano Show @ 5pm can someone help put together a list of contacts at Fox News to get the push started. Would a website be a good idea?.. we could reference it in emails and Fox Execs may see it as a big demand for him.

Here's the Differences:

FOX BUSINESS has over 30 million homes in the United States have access to the channel through local cable providers.
FOX NEWS CHANNEL for more than 100 consecutive months, FNC has been the most-watched cable news channel in the country. Owned by News Corp., FNC is available in more than 90 million homes.

Judge needs to jump to FNC ASAP

speciallyblend
04-06-2011, 01:28 PM
is he joining the gop and becoming a delegate for ron paul?

thedude
04-06-2011, 01:29 PM
True. But it was an inevitable alliance. Go down the street today, find a random progressive and they're going to endorse the legitimacy of the 16th amendment, the importance of the United Nations and the fairness of Keynesian economic policy. They have no qualms about centralizing power and harnessing it for the "common good", as opposed to us.

I think you are wrong.
I apologize, but you assume a random progressive knows what those things are...

AuH20
04-06-2011, 01:34 PM
I think you are wrong.

Trust me. The rigamarole is firmly entrenched into their head. Taxes are a patriotic essential, so they can get their "stuff." It's important that we live in a global village. And last but not least, it's critical that we have a central bank so the less fortunate have access to credit.

dannno
04-06-2011, 01:48 PM

Lindsey Graham gay jokes never get old :D

dannno
04-06-2011, 01:57 PM
I think you are wrong.

They might not know what Keynesianism is, but they sure know how to describe it.

TheBlackPeterSchiff
04-06-2011, 02:08 PM
Was never a fan of the guy.

Joey Fuller
04-06-2011, 02:20 PM
Beck is a crazed chameleon morphing his stances and beliefs to fit with whatever guest or to toe the neocon line...

good riddance.

sparebulb
04-06-2011, 06:01 PM
Lindsey Graham gay jokes never get old :D

I believe that the Palin/Beck 2012 ticket would use co-chairs for the position of bathroom attendant.

Lindsey Graham and Larry "Wide Stance" Craig

crazyfacedjenkins
04-06-2011, 06:27 PM

HAHAHAHHAHAHAH!!! OK, terrorist.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eg8M2JBIoqo

american.swan
04-06-2011, 06:35 PM
FACT: Beck is a tool.
Now we must figure out what he was being used for. Best bet would be to get the liberty movement to follow some Neocon in 2012. Was he successful? Perhaps yes, perhaps no. Either way, his ranting can't be on the air during 2012's primaries. We all know he wasn't going to endorse Paul anyways.

Freedom Watch is a great show. Will it be on Fox News? Maybe. But we can assume it won't be allowed on the air during 2012. You won't see any PRO-LIBERTY TV during 2012. Stossel is probably the only man who will be allowed on TV during 2012. Because he's only on once a week, right? And his libertarianness is more hidden.

Chieppa1
04-06-2011, 06:37 PM
Now we must figure out what he was being used for. Best bet would be to get the liberty movement to follow some Neocon in 2012. Was he successful? Perhaps yes, perhaps no. Either way, his ranting can't be on the air during 2012's primaries. We all know he wasn't going to endorse Paul anyways.

Freedom Watch is a great show. Will it be on Fox News? Maybe. But we can assume it won't be allowed on the air during 2012. You won't see any PRO-LIBERTY TV during 2012. Stossel is probably the only man who will be allowed on TV during 2012. Because he's only on once a week, right? And his libertarianness is more hidden.

This.

Brett85
04-06-2011, 06:39 PM
HAHAHAHHAHAHAH!!! OK, terrorist.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eg8M2JBIoqo

Nice 2007 video.

The Dark Knight
04-06-2011, 06:45 PM
its easy to dig up old dirt on anyone that took place years ago...... Beck has since praised Ron Paul. read his new book. There are atleast 5 or 6 positive comments about Ron Paul. He also really likes Rand. I see Beck as more of a friend than an enemy. The Judge likes Beck.

AuH20
04-06-2011, 06:48 PM

One man at a 5 o'clock time slot is going to infiltrate the liberty movement and capture it. On top of that, he's going force his hypnotized viewers to somehow pull the lever for the preferred candidate of his choice, a selection which runs in direct contrast to the freedom based material which he has promoted over the last 2 years. Is that the ludicrous theory you're going to sign off on? Let me explain Glenn Beck to you. Glenn Beck is going through an awakening stage very similar to that of an adolescent. And this turbulent process isn't always pretty. The only people who can criticize Beck are the ones who were ushered from the womb and had all the answers from the very beginning. That's simply not the case as we're all former prisoners of Plato's Cave.

crazyfacedjenkins
04-06-2011, 07:44 PM
One man at a 5 o'clock time slot is going to infiltrate the liberty movement and capture it. On top of that, he's going force his hypnotized viewers to somehow pull the lever for the preferred candidate of his choice, a selection which runs in direct contrast to the freedom based material which he has promoted over the last 2 years. Is that the ludicrous theory you're going to sign off on? Let me explain Glenn Beck to you. Glenn Beck is going through an awakening stage very similar to that of an adolescent. And this turbulent process isn't always pretty. The only people who can criticize Beck are the ones who were ushered from the womb and had all the answers from the very beginning. That's simply not the case as we're all former prisoners of Plato's Cave.

Such sophistication is just too much for my taste.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AJkxBLgd5Hs

Vessol
04-06-2011, 07:53 PM
OR IS IT!?

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v391/Vessol/vwzexl.gif

Anti Federalist
04-06-2011, 08:00 PM
PALIN/BECK 2012

Starring:

Oh. Dear. God. No.

emazur
04-06-2011, 08:07 PM
He had a good run but the show started getting boring around Fall '09 when he ranted on non stop about Van Jones and Acorn and stopped having any guests on.

http://www.therightscoop.com/beck-get-our-troops-out-of-the-middle-east/
http://teapartyliberty.blogspot.com/2011/03/media-cheerleads-obamas-war-for-oil.html
http://www.therightscoop.com/beck-debates-oreilly-on-egypt
http://www.glennbeck.com/content/articles/article/234/27536/
http://mediamatters.org/mmtv/201008110048

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WFsL_Ee9BqE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nm3QRPy3Qaw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zA8LN-HIiJ4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xMum0LO_ZF0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qhvij0Ddy7c

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jQoCWQ2UnJo

jmdrake
04-06-2011, 08:17 PM

Ummmm.....I'm following your analysis. The problem I have with it, though, is that if Fox is dropping Beck because he failed to co-opt the liberty movement and he "defected" from the Fox dictated mainstream, then why would the be angling for the judge to replace him?

AuH20
04-06-2011, 08:28 PM
Ummmm.....I'm following your analysis. The problem I have with it, though, is that if Fox is dropping Beck because he failed to co-opt the liberty movement and he "defected" from the Fox dictated mainstream, then why would the be angling for the judge to replace him?

And why would an upstanding, genuine liberty lover like the Judge (Collins can attest for the Judge) speak so glowingly of his dear friend Glenn Beck? It blows all this Judas crap into smithereens. I trust the Judge's judgment. And he wouldn't feed us a line of crap.

AlexMerced
04-06-2011, 08:35 PM
If Glenn Beck is learning to run for POTUS... I'm face palm and be sad for the world

devil21
04-06-2011, 09:21 PM
Fox News can't have his content rolling over into the heads of viewers during the 2012 campaign. Ill be the first to admit being wrong if the Judge and Freedom Watch is given his time slot but Im pretty damn sure it won't happen.

heavenlyboy34
04-06-2011, 09:25 PM
And why would an upstanding, genuine liberty lover like the Judge (Collins can attest for the Judge) speak so glowingly of his dear friend Glenn Beck? It blows all this Judas crap into smithereens. I trust the Judge's judgment. And he wouldn't feed us a line of crap.
Maybe there's a clause in the Judge's contract that prevents him from speaking ill of other colleagues. ;)

Carehn
04-06-2011, 09:27 PM
beck jumped the shark with his religious rally in dc...

so so true!

Peace&Freedom
04-06-2011, 10:26 PM
Maybe there's a clause in the Judge's contract that prevents him from speaking ill of other colleagues. ;)

That's my theory. I don't see evidence of Fox trying to replace Beck with the Judge, though, that appears for now to be our pipe dream.

Mach
04-07-2011, 12:18 AM
It will be interesting to see what he throws out there for the rest of the season, it's not like he's worried about getting fired or anything.

fj45lvr
04-07-2011, 12:29 AM
Is he taking a job with the Israeli public relations/AIPAC??? LOL

MikeStanart
04-07-2011, 12:41 AM

I wouldn't let Lindsay Graham anywhere near me when I'm at my most vulnerable in the restroom.

Mach
04-07-2011, 12:51 AM
Is he taking a job with the Israeli public relations/AIPAC??? LOL

LMFAO..... I wish I would have come up with that one..... oh.... wait............ :o

jazzloversinc
04-07-2011, 03:11 AM
I don't understand. The Judge is paid by the same folks that pay Beck. How can you think one is a tool and the other isnt' that makes no sense. I don't hear the judge bashing Israel or anything like that...Beck is always cheerleadingt for Israel. One thing I do know, this developed after Beck said "reform jewish rabbis are just like jihadhists"...now he's out. I read he is planning his own cable channel...maybe to compete with Fox?

jazzloversinc
04-07-2011, 03:13 AM
Oh Beck said he wanted the Judge to take his spot..I'm going to miss Beck to be truthful..all the chalkboards..he was really good at connecting dots. He talked a LOT about the NWO and the banks, I really don't believe many of you ever tuned in.

K466
04-07-2011, 08:30 AM
This could be good. The Judge gets on Fox News, Beck might be freed to speak his mind more, perhaps we'll see if he act more libertarian then...

pcosmar
04-07-2011, 09:08 AM
This could be good. The Judge gets on Fox News, Beck might be freed to speak his mind more, perhaps we'll see if he act more libertarian then...

When can we expect his announcement to run for office.

Beck/Palin
So stupid it might even work.
:(

kahless
04-07-2011, 10:06 AM
Oh Beck said he wanted the Judge to take his spot..I'm going to miss Beck to be truthful..all the chalkboards..he was really good at connecting dots. He talked a LOT about the NWO and the banks, I really don't believe many of you ever tuned in.

The problem is there were incidents where he would undo all his great accomplishments by ignoring or bashing liberty candidates or sometimes would be wishy washy. I think people were right to call him out when he would do that but then it should stop. The reason being is he is the ONLY host on the main news channels that educates the masses on issues close to and matching that of the liberty - Ron Paul movement. People say that we have Stossel and the Judge but the fact is they are on FOX Business which has limited reach. It could not be compared to Beck having he 3rd highest rated show in cable news.

With Beck gone the sheeple will be re-educated back to supporting big government Neocons and Progressives. Unless Judge, Stossel and Beck are on I cannot even watch any of news channels. The big government interventionist propaganda is infuriating.

AuH20
04-07-2011, 10:07 AM
When can we expect his announcement to run for office.

Beck/Palin
So stupid it might even work.
:(

No, he's a behind-the-scenes guy. He's not a politician.

ravedown
04-07-2011, 10:42 AM
prediction:
Lou Dobbs gets the spot...or maybe (not joking) Larry King. he still wants to work and brings in viewers.

but im crossing my fingers fox does the right thing and creates "Stossel & the Judge"

Wesker1982
04-10-2011, 12:54 PM
I don't think this was posted: POLL: Who Should Replace Glenn Beck at 5 PM?

h xxp://www.mediabistro.com/tvnewser/poll-who-should-replace-glenn-beck-at-5-pm_b60793

The Judge has 56% right now :cool:

BlackTerrel
04-10-2011, 01:16 PM
Fox News can't have his content rolling over into the heads of viewers during the 2012 campaign. Ill be the first to admit being wrong if the Judge and Freedom Watch is given his time slot but Im pretty damn sure it won't happen.

Really? Is it just me or did everyone here hate him until his show was slated to end?

Now he was "speaking the truth and Fox can't allow that"?

You want a pretty rational explanation for why his show ended? Mother fucking money. Beck wanted a boatload of it - Fox didn't want to pay him as much as he thought he was worth.

Why didn't they?

1. Beck's ratings dropped by a third

2. He wasn't worth nearly what his ratings usually would because so many sponsors wouldn't advertise on his show

3. This started spilling into other shows when Beck would appear on O'Reilly etc... it made more advertisers uncomfortable and pull out.

4. Beck's show in England ran COMMERCIAL FREE because they couldn't get any advertisers. Here's a clue, companies don't like running guys that don't make them money.

I know these reasons aren't as exciting as "Beck was just about to endorse Ron Paul for 2012 and Rupert Murdoch had to act immediately".

heavenlyboy34
04-10-2011, 02:01 PM
Really? Is it just me or did everyone here hate him until his show was slated to end?

You want a pretty rational explanation for why his show ended? Mother fucking money. Beck wanted a boatload of it - Fox didn't want to pay him as much as he thought he was worth.

Why didn't they?

2. He wasn't worth nearly what his ratings usually would because so many sponsors wouldn't advertise on his show

3. This started spilling into other shows when Beck would appear on O'Reilly etc... it made more advertisers uncomfortable and pull out.

4. Beck's show in England ran COMMERCIAL FREE because they couldn't get any advertisers. Here's a clue, companies don't like running guys that don't make them money.

I know these reasons aren't as exciting as "Beck was just about to endorse Ron Paul for 2012 and Rupert Murdoch had to act immediately".

You are being far too rational. I suspect you will be virulently attacked any moment now. ;)

TNforPaul45
04-10-2011, 02:20 PM
Beck mixed in some truth with his Way-Off Kilter skew on things, and made sure to formulate all of it within the context of the false left-right paradigm, and the false israel-is-holy paradigm as well.

I will not like losing his instances of bringing actual historical context to some things, but I will enjoy his absence on television overall greatly. Now if he would just end his sophomoric morning radio show (where they all act like they are 5 years old and snicker at Ron Paul and Alex Jones all day) and go back to radio dj'ing 80's hits, I would be at peace :D

JohnEngland
04-10-2011, 02:30 PM

This was great! It meant I didn't have to see any stupid Sainsbury's, Waitrose etc. adverts. Adverts are the most annoying thing in the world. I suppose that's one advantage of the BBC, though I still don't like that they force me to fund them...

Flash
04-10-2011, 02:51 PM
I think Glenn Beck couldn't take it anymore. The Liberal media was attacking him 24/7 for being a mere Conservative.

devil21
04-10-2011, 03:00 PM

I still hate him. His show did uncover a lot of truth and I never contested that. What I had a problem with is Beck's history of ragging on us relentlessly and that I KNEW that when the chips were down he would quickly endorse the next MSM anointed candidate. His job was to draw in Tea Party and Paul types then bait and switch them later (which still remains to be seen).

Now that his show is going to end, it makes perfect sense that Fox News needs to turn back to the typical neo-con positions leading up the campaign and election.

You don't think it's the least bit suspicious that he was brought on IMMEDIATELY after Obama won and is now going away right before the campaign winds up? The timing alone is suspect.

BlackTerrel
04-10-2011, 04:14 PM
I still hate him. His show did uncover a lot of truth and I never contested that. What I had a problem with is Beck's history of ragging on us relentlessly and that I KNEW that when the chips were down he would quickly endorse the next MSM anointed candidate. His job was to draw in Tea Party and Paul types then bait and switch them later (which still remains to be seen).

This seems like a rather foolish strategy. By this logic the best thing for Judge Napolitano to do if he got the Beck time slot would be to pretend to be a neocon for a year and then at some point come out "aha fooled you and go back to his usual views". Do you really think that would be effective?

You don't think it's the least bit suspicious that he was brought on IMMEDIATELY after Obama won and is now going away right before the campaign winds up? The timing alone is suspect.

I think the timing coincides with the end of his contract. Given the dearth of advertisers in the US and the fact that in England his show ran commercial free it's not exactly a shocking development.

devil21
04-10-2011, 08:29 PM
We'll see what the Judge does. We'll see if the Judge even has a job later this year. We'll see if he's still stuck on the little-watched FBN. We'll see a lot of things. What I want to see is who Beck endorses for 2012. That alone will determine whether I'm right about him or not.

COpatriot
04-10-2011, 09:22 PM
Good riddance. Glenn "I love Israel" Beck is a joke and is NOT a libertarian. He is a neocon. You watch. He'll throw Ron Paul directly under the bus and endorse another Palin, Bachmann, or Huckabee.

Anti Federalist
04-10-2011, 09:35 PM
Probably quite a bit of truth there, although it's never wise to dismiss the internal political/personality wrangling as well.

IIRC someone's wife hated him, Ailes maybe, and that went a long way to showing him the door.

But if controversy is what made advertisers run for cover, then the Judge won't last long either.

Or he'll have to shut up and change his tune, pretty much proving us "conspiracists" point.

Why didn't they?

low preference guy
04-10-2011, 09:49 PM
IIRC someone's wife hated him, Ailes maybe, and that went a long way to showing him the door.

Murdoch's wife, according to the rumor

BlackTerrel
04-10-2011, 10:08 PM
Probably quite a bit of truth there, although it's never wise to dismiss the internal political/personality wrangling as well.

But if controversy is what made advertisers run for cover, then the Judge won't last long either.

Or he'll have to shut up and change his tune, pretty much proving us "conspiracists" point.

Maybe. Beck was a little unhinged and was known to offend large groups of people constantly which had advertisers running for cover. The judge is smarter and more mentally balanced I don't see him having the same issues.

That said it's far from a foregone conclusion the Judge will even get the show. Probably less than 50% that he will. This guy seems to think it will be Megyn Kelley.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tV1eNA9iX88

low preference guy
04-10-2011, 10:13 PM
Beck is too big for Fox, that's what's going on here, whether we like it or not.

Anti Federalist
04-10-2011, 10:15 PM
Murdoch's wife, according to the rumor

Yeah that was it, I just looked it up.

Anti Federalist
04-10-2011, 10:19 PM
That said it's far from a foregone conclusion the Judge will even get the show. Probably less than 50% that he will. This guy seems to think it will be Megyn Kelley

Time will tell I suppose...

I was never Beck fan, never really "trusted" him for number of reasons, and won't, but I had to give him credit for the Fed show he did a couple weeks ago with G. Edward Griffin.

If he spends his last months (or year, or whatever is left in the contract) doing shows like that, well, so much the better I say.

nemt4paul
04-10-2011, 10:53 PM
If this doesn't expose Beck for what he is nothing will. Peter outs him for what he is......a money grubbing fool who is out for himself.

http://peterschiffchannel.blogspot.com/2011/04/peter-schiff-vs-glenn-beck-and-goldline.html

AuH20
04-10-2011, 10:56 PM
If this doesn't expose Beck for what he is nothing will. Peter outs him for what he is......a money grubbing fool who is out for himself.

http://peterschiffchannel.blogspot.com/2011/04/peter-schiff-vs-glenn-beck-and-goldline.html

He gives 10% of his earnings to the Mormon Church. He's worth at least 70 million dollars. He can burn dead presidents in his fireplace to warm his home if he'd like. I don't see this "Beck worships money" correlation. He has more money than he knows what to do with, especially given his modest lifestyle. This isn't Nicholas Cage.

Wesker1982
04-10-2011, 10:59 PM
I think Ron Paul summed it up accurately way back when he described Beck as a demagogue. Nothing more, nothing less imo.

low preference guy
04-10-2011, 10:59 PM
He gives 10% of his earnings to the Mormon Church.

Why do so many people think that as long as you give the church money, your sins just don't matter?

AuH20
04-10-2011, 11:00 PM
Why do so many people think that as long as you give the church money, your sins just don't matter?

That's not my point. If he was as greedy as they say, he'd pocket the 10%, which is probably more money than many people will see in their lifetimes.

low preference guy
04-10-2011, 11:05 PM
That's not my point. If he was as greedy as they say, he'd pocket the 10%, which is probably more money than many people will see in their lifetimes.

He is encouraging his listeners to buy crap while pretending to sell them a hedge for inflation. Giving 10% of what he earns to a church doesn't excuse that.

AuH20
04-10-2011, 11:12 PM
He is encouraging his listeners to buy crap while pretending to sell them a hedge for inflation. Giving 10% of what he earns to a church doesn't excuse that.

Glenn Beck was pitching for his audience to buy numismatic coins? Show me. Those are purely for collectors, thanks to the variables of subjective price. I buy gold and silver and stay away from numismatics. I don't understand why Beck is at fault for customer stupidity.

low preference guy
04-10-2011, 11:18 PM
I don't understand why Beck is at fault for customer stupidity.

His viewers are not experts in gold and silver. Hearing Beck recommend Goldline encourages them viewers to trust Goldline. Then the viewers call Goldline and they tell them: You know what you should buy? This crap! (of course, they don't literally say "crap"). They believe the sellers only because Beck abused the trust of his viewers.

Technically, he isn't doing anything illegal. Practically, he is helping a company rip off his viewers.

AuH20
04-10-2011, 11:27 PM
His viewers are not experts in gold and silver. Hearing Beck recommend Goldline encourages his viewers to trust Goldline. Then the viewers call Goldline and they tell them: You know what you should buy? This crap! (of course, they don't literally say "crap"). They believe the sellers only because Beck abused the trust of his viewers.

Technically, he isn't doing anything illegal. Practically, he is helping a company rip off his viewers.

But Goldline doesn't sell crap, but rather pushes rarer coins with a higher markup. If anything Beck should have looked closer into their business practices, since he purchased bullion from them without a hitch. Obviously, I think Goldline didn't try to rip off the big fish when they had conducted business with Beck. I don't think there is a secret conspiracy on his part to increase Goldline's bottom line at the expense of his viewers. That simply would be counterproductive lunacy.

low preference guy
04-10-2011, 11:28 PM
I don't think there is a secret conspiracy on his part to increase Goldline's bottom line at the expense of his viewers.

Nobody is talking about any conspiracy. Some people just point out that Beck encourages his viewers to trust a company that he knows rips them off. And that's wrong regardless of how much money he gives to his church.

AuH20
04-10-2011, 11:31 PM
Nobody is talking about any conspiracy. Some people just point out that Beck encourages his viewers to trust a company that he knows rips them off.

But how would he know that? If he had a pleasant experience with Goldline and since it's a Fox sponsor that cuts across a spectrum of programming, how would he know what they're doing? If anything I'd blame him for not being diligent in getting to the bottom of these allegations about numismatic pushing and high markups.

low preference guy
04-10-2011, 11:34 PM
But how would he know that?

Yes, he found out one or two ways:

1. Peter Schiff personally told him.
2. If Schiff is lying, it was all over the news that Godline rips off their customers, and a Congressman even threatened to have the Feds intervene.

nemt4paul
04-11-2011, 12:41 PM
He gives 10% of his earnings to the Mormon Church. He's worth at least 70 million dollars. He can burn dead presidents in his fireplace to warm his home if he'd like. I don't see this "Beck worships money" correlation. He has more money than he knows what to do with, especially given his modest lifestyle. This isn't Nicholas Cage.

Then explain why he lets his listeners to continually get raped by goldline? Did you listen to the podcast?

The Dark Knight
04-11-2011, 12:54 PM
ok so if he had a beer commercial would you be mad at him for people getting drunk? its the same reasoning with goldline.

puppetmaster
04-11-2011, 01:08 PM
But how would he know that? If he had a pleasant experience with Goldline and since it's a Fox sponsor that cuts across a spectrum of programming, how would he know what they're doing? If anything I'd blame him for not being diligent in getting to the bottom of these allegations about numismatic pushing and high markups.

Shit, You mean he, the Beckster, after telling everyone for the last year to " hey look it up for yourself" on every political subject he has brought up had just "forgotten" to say this with gold company?

he's a salesman......he is an actor, nothing more nothing less. If the sheeple follow him of a cliff, I say good riddance.

BlackTerrel
04-11-2011, 09:12 PM

I agree.

Deborah K
04-13-2011, 10:34 AM

Perhaps now he'll endorse Dr. Paul for Prez.....muuuwaaahaahahahaa!!!

Deborah K
04-13-2011, 10:45 AM
Time will tell I suppose...

I was never Beck fan, never really "trusted" him for number of reasons, and won't, but I had to give him credit for the Fed show he did a couple weeks ago with G. Edward Griffin.

If he spends his last months (or year, or whatever is left in the contract) doing shows like that, well, so much the better I say.

Took 2 1/2 years but he finally did it! http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?156729-Help-me-get-G.Edward-Griffin-on-Glenn-Beck-s-show-please