PDA

View Full Version : Underdogma: How America's Enemies Use Our Love for the Underdog to Trash American Power

nayjevin
04-06-2011, 08:33 AM
Hello,

I came across your site, and I thought you might be interested in reading Michael Prell’s "Underdogma: How America's Enemies Use Our Love for the Underdog to Trash American Power" (BenBella Books, February 2011). In it, Prell, a strategist for the Tea Party Patriots and frequent contributor to Townhall.com, The Daily Caller, and The American Thinker, argues that America has a reflexive affection for the underdog and hatred for the powerful.

"Underdogma" explores how the belief system that power is inherently evil has threatened fundamental American values competition, entrepreneurship, individual responsibility and strength on the international stage. In the book and in recent interviews on national conservative radio including the “The John Batchelor Show,” “The Hugh Hewitt Show” and “The Dennis Miller Show,” Prell expounds on this theory as it closely relates to many of today’s current events, such as:
• How the ideas of Underdogma undermine the ideals of the American dream
• How the Obama administration has weakened America’s image on the world stage
• The Palestine/Israel debate: Why so many take Palestine’s side and how it is dangerous
• “America is the real terrorist”: Why blame for extremist Islam attacks is shifted internally

Endorsed by many influential conservatives including Newt Gingrich, Congresswoman Michele Bachmann, and Frank Gaffney, "Underdogma" explains how patriots can fight this Anti-American mentality and re-embrace American Exceptionalism.

If you would like a review copy of the book or more information, please let me know, and I’m happy to arrange.

Thanks for your time!

Best,

:rolleyes:

nayjevin
04-06-2011, 05:34 PM
Received this email today. Publisher offering a review copy of the book Underdogma by Michael Prell. Thoughts?

GuerrillaXXI
04-06-2011, 07:57 PM
Sounds like standard neocon rubbish to me. "We need to support Israel at all costs, America was just minding its own business prior to 9/11 and those evil Muslims attacked us for no reason at all, blah blah blah..."

Besides, I've seen no indication (at least from polls) that Americans tend to root for the underdog. They tend to root for whomever politicians and the media tell them to.

Anti Federalist
04-07-2011, 01:04 PM
Sounds like standard neocon rubbish to me. "We need to support Israel at all costs, America was just minding its own business prior to 9/11 and those evil Muslims attacked us for no reason at all, blah blah blah..."

Besides, I've seen no indication (at least from polls) that Americans tend to root for the underdog. They tend to root for whomever politicians and the media tell them to.

That ^^^

Observe a typical group of Americans watching Cops sometime.

BuddyRey
04-07-2011, 01:22 PM
The phrase "American Exceptionalism" is such B.S. anyway. Of course America is exceptional. We have a staggering level of climatological and topographical variety; a culture that, for the most part, values individual choice and creativity; and a history of ballsy, determined people who made amazing things happen (despite, not because of the government's hamfisted efforts to guide them). But that's America the place. "America" the nation-state is just another command-and-control model of maintaining artificial societal order; there's nothing "exceptional" about a government. Government is and always has been the rule, and liberty the exception.