PDA

View Full Version : Kurt Cobain (Nirvana) deat at 27. Suicide

tangent4ronpaul
04-06-2011, 08:03 AM
RIP you crazy rocker!

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/04/05/kurt-cobain-death-nirvana_n_845038.html

article, video and (below) suicide note:

To Boddah

Speaking from the tongue of an experienced simpleton who obviously would rather be an emasculated, infantile complain-ee. This note should be pretty easy to understand.

All the warnings from the punk rock 101 courses over the years, since my first introduction to the, shall we say, ethics involved with independence and the embracement of your community has proven to be very true. I haven't felt the excitement of listening to as well as creating music along with reading and writing for too many years now. I feel guity beyond words about these things.

For example when we're back stage and the lights go out and the manic roar of the crowds begins., it doesn't affect me the way in which it did for Freddie Mercury, who seemed to love, relish in the the love and adoration from the crowd which is something I totally admire and envy. The fact is, I can't fool you, any one of you. It simply isn't fair to you or me. The worst crime I can think of would be to rip people off by faking it and pretending as if I'm having 100% fun. Sometimes I feel as if I should have a punch-in time clock before I walk out on stage. I've tried everything within my power to appreciate it (and I do,God, believe me I do, but it's not enough). I appreciate the fact that I and we have affected and entertained a lot of people. It must be one of those narcissists who only appreciate things when they're gone. I'm too sensitive. I need to be slightly numb in order to regain the enthusiasms I once had as a child.

On our last 3 tours, I've had a much better appreciation for all the people I've known personally, and as fans of our music, but I still can't get over the frustration, the guilt and empathy I have for everyone. There's good in all of us and I think I simply love people too much, so much that it makes me feel too fucking sad. The sad little, sensitive, unappreciative, Pisces, Jesus man. Why don't you just enjoy it? I don't know!

I have a goddess of a wife who sweats ambition and empathy and a daughter who reminds me too much of what i used to be, full of love and joy, kissing every person she meets because everyone is good and will do her no harm. And that terrifies me to the point to where I can barely function. I can't stand the thought of Frances becoming the miserable, self-destructive, death rocker that I've become.

I have it good, very good, and I'm grateful, but since the age of seven, I've become hateful towards all humans in general. Only because it seems so easy for people to get along that have empathy. Only because I love and feel sorry for people too much I guess.

Thank you all from the pit of my burning, nauseous stomach for your letters and concern during the past years. I'm too much of an erratic, moody baby! I don't have the passion anymore, and so remember, it's better to burn out than to fade away.

Peace, love, empathy.
Kurt Cobain

Frances and Courtney, I'll be at your alter.
Please keep going Courtney, for Frances.
For her life, which will be so much happier without me.

I LOVE YOU, I LOVE YOU!

gls
04-06-2011, 08:10 AM
It is amazing the number of rock legends who died at 27. It makes me feel like the most unaccomplished 27 year old ever. Of course with Janis, Jimi and Jim Morrison it was drug/alcohol abuse, not suicide. Although no doubt heroin played a role in Kurt deciding to take his own life.

Mahkato
04-06-2011, 08:11 AM
Wait, he died?!?!

VBRonPaulFan
04-06-2011, 08:11 AM
I remember the day that happened, I was pretty bummed. I was a pretty big fan at the time.

Seraphim
04-06-2011, 08:17 AM
I think his insane wife played a larger role.

It is amazing the number of rock legends who died at 27. It makes me feel like the most unaccomplished 27 year old ever. Of course with Janis, Jimi and Jim Morrison it was drug/alcohol abuse, not suicide. Although no doubt heroin played a role in Kurt deciding to take his own life.

Sola_Fide
04-06-2011, 08:22 AM
I had the Bleach album before they got big. Back then I was listening to other Seattle bands like Roadside Monument and Damien Jurado.

lester1/2jr
04-06-2011, 09:33 AM
music has sucked since then with a few exceptions. there has been no leader pulling everyone forward.

brandon
04-06-2011, 10:02 AM
I was a giant Nirvana fan in the 90's, but nowadays when I listen to the music it seems a bit boring. Most of the songs are just variations of the same simple power chord progression. But they certainly did influence me as a pre-teen just getting into music.

I'm 27 now too. Time goes too fast.

YumYum
04-06-2011, 10:19 AM
Cobain opened the door for some of the greatest music ever! The early 90's rocked like nobody's business,,,and then BOOM!!!...it was over, and all the music industry would give listeners was Britney Spears, Christiana Aguilar and The Backstreet Boys. 1996...That's the year the music died.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sUHqdU-4Ukw

BarryDonegan
04-06-2011, 11:07 AM
Back then, my father was the morning drive rock radio DJ in Nashville and private investigator Tom Grant was always sending me documents to give to him to get an interview with his theory being that Kurt Cobain's death was not a suicide. He had some pretty compelling stuff in there, but I can't say I've investigated it in detail.

Brian4Liberty
04-06-2011, 11:11 AM
Suicide? Or El Douche? ;)

http://nirvanaowns.blogspot.com/2010/02/closer-look-on-kurt-cobains-death.html
http://www.nirvanafreak.net/art/art61.shtml

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ho2nK5IQs_g
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ho2nK5IQs_g

Peace&Freedom
04-06-2011, 11:59 AM
No one is physically able to shoot themselves in the head twice with a firearm. You're dead or down and out after the first round. Cobain was suicided.

tangent4ronpaul
04-06-2011, 12:06 PM
Back then, my father was the morning drive rock radio DJ in Nashville and private investigator Tom Grant was always sending me documents to give to him to get an interview with his theory being that Kurt Cobain's death was not a suicide. He had some pretty compelling stuff in there, but I can't say I've investigated it in detail.

You are confused. He died last week. April 5th, 2011

doodle
04-06-2011, 12:07 PM
Can't memorialize him without this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hTWKbfoikeg

pacelli
04-06-2011, 12:09 PM
Tom Grant's work is enlightening to say the least once you get into it. Suicided is an appropriate descriptor.

tangent4ronpaul
04-06-2011, 12:12 PM
No one is physically able to shoot themselves in the head twice with a firearm. You're dead or down and out after the first round. Cobain was suicided.

slam fire of hair trigger.

also if the first round didn't go through a critical area.

There are also post mortum reflexes. Corpses on their way to the morgue sometimes sit bolt upright on the gurney.

It would be unusual, but feasable

there were 2 shots?

tangent4ronpaul
04-06-2011, 12:20 PM
You are confused. He died last week. April 5th, 2011

OK, I'm confused having read the above links. Why is the news reporting this like it was last week? Why are they saying Courtney love spent yesterday tweeting memorial messages to him yesterday when that doesn't appear to be the anniversary of his death. also, twitter didn't exist then.

Romulus
04-06-2011, 12:26 PM
I had the Bleach album before they got big. Back then I was listening to other Seattle bands like Roadside Monument and Damien Jurado.

I like how the cut Bleach for only $600. That's how music is done. So much of what Seattle was back then created a breeding ground for raw talent.

dannno
04-06-2011, 12:27 PM
I don't think Kurt Cobain wrote that suicide note..

brandon
04-06-2011, 12:35 PM
It doesn't even sound like a suicide note except for the last 3 lines.

Brooklyn Red Leg
04-06-2011, 12:42 PM
I like how the cut Bleach for only $600. That's how music is done. So much of what Seattle was back then created a breeding ground for raw talent.

Sadly, it helped to fuel the prosperity that turned Seattle into the Statist cesspool it is today. Nothing brings out the jackals quite like success.

rawful
04-06-2011, 12:48 PM
Layne Staley >

Just sayin'.

lester1/2jr
04-06-2011, 12:50 PM
What people sometimes forget though is that cobain had attempted and come very close to killing himself in Rome after swallowing 50 percocets or something. This was about a year before he actually killed himself. Coutrney Love had saved his life.

wether that part of the story is true or not, it's clear he was suicidal.

Peace&Freedom
04-06-2011, 12:52 PM
slam fire of hair trigger.

also if the first round didn't go through a critical area.

There are also post mortum reflexes. Corpses on their way to the morgue sometimes sit bolt upright on the gurney.

It would be unusual, but feasable

there were 2 shots?

Yes. There were also two 'notes,' the first one of which police found at the scene, where Cobain does not address his family or talk of suicide, but only of leaving the music business (the second note surfaced later, after the body was found). There were also no legible fingerprints on the shotgun. The rationalizations for a single shooter are screamingly far-fetched, at best. The fact that a number of notable "suicides" (Cobain, Gary Webb, et al) have had this "unusual" two shot ability indicates it may be the preferred way of 'suiciding' people.

Zap!
04-06-2011, 01:22 PM
There are strong indications it wasn't a suicide at all.

Joey Fuller
04-06-2011, 02:18 PM
I was a big fan as a young teenager.

Poor guy, he was probably suicided.

Call him a junkie or a narcissist but having a baby changes you... He seemed to genuinely love his daughter and I cannot fathom that he would take himself away from such a source of love and joy.

Courtney had Cobain killed-

http://cobaincase.com/ (http://cobaincase.com/)

Sola_Fide
04-06-2011, 02:55 PM
I don't buy any of the conspiracy theories. The guy had an undiagnosed stomach issue that caused him immense pain. Couple that with nihilism and you have suicide.

libertyjam
04-06-2011, 03:05 PM
What people sometimes forget though is that cobain had attempted and come very close to killing himself in Rome after swallowing 50 percocets or something. This was about a year before he actually killed himself. Coutrney Love had saved his life.

wether that part of the story is true or not, it's clear he was suicidal.

What people forget is that Kurt didn't attempt suicide in Rome and this was Courtney's first attempt at killing him.
Kurt suicide - total bullshit.
http://www.cobaincase.com/
http://www.justiceforkurt.com/

heavenlyboy34
04-06-2011, 03:20 PM
thanks for the info, guys. Interesting thread is interesting. :cool:

AFPVet
04-06-2011, 04:00 PM
It may have been accidental... or foul play. I don't think it was suicide.

osan
04-06-2011, 04:28 PM
A whiny little prick. Gifted with great talent, made loads of cash - had the world by the balls and could have done anything he wanted. Could have taken a world cruise - could have gone and helped others who were interested in music - could have become a doctor... could have learned to fly aircraft, could have learned blacksmithing, could have learned to be a gourmet chef, could have just sat his ass down on his porch with a friend or two, cracked a beer and been thankful he didn't have terminal cancer or was living under a bridge, blowing strange men just so he could live one more day.

Little to no sympathy for him when so many out there would take his opportunities and do something worthy with them. He was a self absorbed little prick who didn't give enough of a shit about his own child to suck it up, tough it out, and cowboy up. Grand scale pussy who copped out like a ***. I like the music, but have no respect for what he did. I certainly don't feel sorry for him.

low preference guy
04-06-2011, 05:16 PM
A whiny little prick. Gifted with great talent, made loads of cash - had the world by the balls and could have done anything he wanted. Could have taken a world cruise - could have gone and helped others who were interested in music - could have become a doctor... could have learned to fly aircraft, could have learned blacksmithing, could have learned to be a gourmet chef, could have just sat his ass down on his porch with a friend or two, cracked a beer and been thankful he didn't have terminal cancer or was living under a bridge, blowing strange men just so he could live one more day.

Little to no sympathy for him when so many out there would take his opportunities and do something worthy with them. He was a self absorbed little prick who didn't give enough of a shit about his own child to suck it up, tough it out, and cowboy up. Grand scale pussy who copped out like a ***. I like the music, but have no respect for what he did. I certainly don't feel sorry for him.

this post sounds like it was written by a whiny little prick

ClayTrainor
04-06-2011, 05:24 PM

Brad Nowell from Sublime also died at 27 from a heroin overdose.

dannno
04-06-2011, 05:30 PM
Brad Nowell from Sublime also died at 27 from a heroin overdose.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iMUiwTubYu0

Sublime - What I Got

Early in the mornin'
Risin' to the street
Light me up that cigarette and I'll strap shoes on my feet
Got to find a reason
Reason things went wrong
Got to find a reason why my money's all gone
I got a dalmatian
I can still get high
I can play the guitar like a mother fuckin' riot

Well life is *too short* so love the one you got
Cause you might get run over or you might get - shot
Never start no static, I just get it off my chest
Never had to battle with no bullet proof vest
Take a small example, take a tip from me
Take all of your money, give it up to charity
Love's what I got, is within my reach, and
The sublime style still straight from Long Beach
It all comes back to you, you bound to get what you deserve
Try and test that, you're bound to get served
Love's what I got, don't start a riot
You'll feel it when the dance gets hot

Lovin' is what I got, I said remember that
Lovin' is what I got, now remember that
Lovin' is what I got, I got, I got, I got

I don't cry when my dog runs away
I don't get angry at the bills I have to pay
I don't get angry when my mom smokes pot
Hits the bottle then goes back to the rock
Fuckin, fightin', it's all the same
Livin' with Louie dog's the only way to stay sane
Give the lovin', let the lovin' come back to me

Cause lovin' is what I got, I said remember that
Lovin' is what I got, And remember that
Lovin' is what I got, I got, I got I got

Anti Federalist
04-06-2011, 05:33 PM
Meh, the real talent in Nirvana...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SBjQ9tuuTJQ

low preference guy
04-06-2011, 05:46 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SBjQ9tuuTJQ

Meh, I like Nirvana a lot better.

dannno
04-06-2011, 05:47 PM

I can't see youtube at work, but I'm going to assume that is a Foo Fighters video.

Howard Stern once asked Dave Grohl if he felt held back by Kurt Cobain or Nirvana, because Stern has the same opinion as you do.

Grohl answered that it was quite the opposite, Kurt Cobain was a musical genius in comparison and did far more than anything Grohl would ever be able to accomplish.

Some people can't handle the edge Nirvana has, compared to Foo Fighters slower, more mellow, anthemy and melodic style of music.

MelissaWV
04-06-2011, 05:48 PM
His daughter's rather pretty.

http://style.popcrunch.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/01/francesbean.jpg

anaconda
04-06-2011, 05:51 PM
Never was into them. Preferred Pearl Jam by light years.

By the way there is conspiracy theory around Jimi Hendrix' death.

lester1/2jr
04-06-2011, 06:07 PM
libertyjam- why didn't he call the police then? sorry that's just nuts that he would go around for another year with the person who tried to kill him. If he did then he had a death wish quite obviously.

wow his daughter is one of the celeb daughters who looks exactly like both her parents.

dannno
04-06-2011, 06:11 PM
libertyjam- why didn't he call the police then? sorry that's just nuts that he would go around for another year with the person who tried to kill him. If he did then he had a death wish quite obviously.

Well it was no secret that he liked to get f'd up a lot. Maybe it was related to his stomach problems, on top of all the other crap he had to deal with.

wow his daughter is one of the celeb daughters who looks exactly like both her parents.

She def has her dad's eyes and her mom's lips.

specsaregood
04-06-2011, 06:16 PM
Meh, I like Nirvana a lot better.

Yeah, I could never stand the foo fighters. Definitely not the "talent".

low preference guy
04-06-2011, 06:31 PM

i guess people can have very different tastes.

dannno
04-06-2011, 06:40 PM

I like to stare into her eyes and listen to one of my favorite Nirvana songs, Scentless Apprentice, no doubt inspired by her.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jn-PRo9KwYc

MelissaWV
04-06-2011, 08:05 PM
i guess people can have very different tastes.

Jeez. She's not "perfect" or "spectacular," but I wouldn't mind having supper with her to see where it went. Picky, picky, Mr. Low Preference Guy!

Consider that her mom is Courtney Love :p On second thought, she's a damned miracle.

Rocco
04-06-2011, 08:46 PM
If I could give 100000 +rep's for this, I would. Layne Staley had more talent in one finger then Cobain did in his whole body

Layne Staley >

Just sayin'.

libertyjam
04-07-2011, 09:22 AM

Ever had Rohypnol? It causes you to lose your memory. After the attempt in Rome he had lost all memory of that night, A little over a month later he was dead with 3 times the fatal dose of heroin in his body and two shotgun blast to the head with very little blood at the scene. It was not an entire year between the events, it was a little over a month. Go back and look at all the evidence. The only claims and evidence of being suicidal come from only one or two people, Courtney and DeWitt.
The most damning thing to me is that anyone who dies of a H overdose usually doesn't even have time to take the needle of their arm, much less neatly clean up all the works, put it away and then shoot themselves twice in the head with a shotgun.
Courtney was very familiar with Rohypnol and Champagne, she was addicted to the stuff. By all accounts Kurt wouldn't touch the stuff. For the time after coming out of the coma with memory loss Kurt was probably still dazed while he tried to regain his memory. Courtney could not allow him to recall the events of Rome.

http://www.justiceforkurt.com/investigation/timeline/march_1994.shtml

libertyjam
04-07-2011, 09:30 AM
Sounds like it was written by Courtney.

lester1/2jr
04-07-2011, 10:00 AM
"It was not an entire year between the events, it was a little over a month."

sorry I forgot. at any rate this

"For the time after coming out of the coma with memory loss Kurt was probably still dazed while he tried to regain his memory."

is extremely far fetched. If she had tried to KILL him in Rome I really think he would have some indication of that and would have moved on if he valued his life at all.

libertyjam
04-07-2011, 10:43 AM
Either go look at the entirety of evidence for yourself and come to your own conclusions or don't, I don't give a fuck, anyone that wants to debate it I suggest they go to a Cobain forum or Unsolved mysteries forum argue it there.

squarepusher
04-07-2011, 10:54 AM
lol you guys crack me up sometimes

I think Elvis did it

dannno
04-07-2011, 12:02 PM
lol you guys crack me up sometimes

I think Elvis did it

Why is it that hard to believe that he could have been killed??

He was obviously in constant battle with his record label.. They were originally a garage band who hated everything big labels stood for. Next thing you know, he IS THE big label musician.. he didn't want to do things their way, and they insisted. It happens all the time.

Does this sound like a guy who would ever kill himself?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yEVWh-wfLYI

lester1/2jr
04-07-2011, 12:05 PM
yeah who could possibly believe that kurt cobain would want to kll himself? except anyone who had as much as a passing interest or knowledge of his music/ life.

dannno
04-07-2011, 01:57 PM
yeah who could possibly believe that kurt cobain would want to kll himself? except anyone who had as much as a passing interest or knowledge of his music/ life.

That's the problem, anybody with a "passing interest" would absolutely believe it because those with "passing interests" watch the mainstream news and got all of their information from them.

As we've seen on this board time and time again, those with "passing interest" level knowledge are usually 100% wrong in the opposite direction.

Anti Federalist
04-07-2011, 02:07 PM
Somebody should reach out to Krist Novoselic and make sure he's on board for 2012.

BuddyRey
04-07-2011, 02:31 PM

That's why I'm waiting until I turn 28 to release my first album. That's right, Fate. How do you like THEM apples?!

:D

lester1/2jr
04-07-2011, 03:15 PM
danno- I said with" as much as" a passing interest. meaing those who knew that OR MORE would realize he was extremely depressed ,etc.

MelissaWV
04-07-2011, 05:23 PM
The "does this sound like a guy who would kill himself" stuff is irrelevant. People can literally be happy and on top of the world one moment, then decide to end it all the next.

Focus on evidence, not the "no one who talks like that would ever want to kill themselves" misconception.

squarepusher
04-07-2011, 05:26 PM
Why is it that hard to believe that he could have been killed??

He was obviously in constant battle with his record label.. They were originally a garage band who hated everything big labels stood for. Next thing you know, he IS THE big label musician.. he didn't want to do things their way, and they insisted. It happens all the time.

Does this sound like a guy who would ever kill himself?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yEVWh-wfLYI

So, his record label did it, or his wife did it?

lester1/2jr
04-07-2011, 05:36 PM
his wife tried to kill him in Rome and then she, her husband who she tried to kill, and the police and hospitals of Rome conspired to keep it quiet so she could try again in a little while. They did this for David geffen who worships an owl.

dannno
04-07-2011, 05:43 PM
So, his record label did it, or his wife did it?

I have no idea, maybe the record label pulled some MKUltra shit on Courtney Love, or maybe they just used a team of assassins. By record label, I mean the people who control the record label. I have no idea how closely they might be tied to that particular label he was on.

Peace&Freedom
04-08-2011, 10:01 PM
The "does this sound like a guy who would kill himself" stuff is irrelevant. People can literally be happy and on top of the world one moment, then decide to end it all the next.

Focus on evidence, not the "no one who talks like that would ever want to kill themselves" misconception.

Agreed, and that is why the key logistical evidence---the physical impossibility of a person, even if he desired to, to pump a shotgun blast to his head, then pump it again to fire another shot---is what should be focused on. That goes likewise for speculation as to who else would want to do it. Motivation and suspects should take a backseat to the evidence at hand.

If you arrive at the scene of a death where the body has a sword sticking through their body, and forensics determines it was a homicide, it may be appropriate to ask the question, "Why would somebody use a sword in 2011?," from the point of view of investigating, BUT that question would not invalidate the evident FACT that a homicide happened. That's why secondary issues should not be used to debunk evidence, including when it happens to point to foul play. It's a two-way street.

gregb
04-08-2011, 10:31 PM
I often wonder why Jim Morrison's death doesn't have more conspiracy theory popularity. Unlike Cobain, Morrison was intensely political - perhaps the person/musician most associated/influential with militant resistance to the war in Vietnam. Detroit's MC5 was more militant but didn't have Morrison's popularity.

An autopsy was never done on Morrison's body, late reports on his death, etc - the thing is that his father was Rear Admiral George Morrison and the commander of the US naval forces in the Gulf on Tonkin during the August 1964 incident.

So you have the militant anti-war singer - pushing the bounds of freedom of speech and expression and openly critical of US war policy - and the Admiral Father who was in command for the incident responsible for dramatic escalation of war.

I don't really dwell on it but if I were going to dwell on a rock-and-roll conspiracy theory/murder it would be Morrison's.

Anti Federalist
04-08-2011, 10:48 PM
I never considered it...until now...

http://beerandpie.com/wiki/images/3/33/Futurama_Fry_Looking_Squint.jpg

I often wonder why Jim Morrison's death doesn't have more conspiracy theory popularity. Unlike Cobain, Morrison was intensely political - perhaps the person/musician most associated/influential with militant resistance to the war in Vietnam. Detroit's MC5 was more militant but didn't have Morrison's popularity.

An autopsy was never done on Morrison's body, late reports on his death, etc - the thing is that his father was Rear Admiral George Morrison and the commander of the US naval forces in the Gulf on Tonkin during the August 1964 incident.

So you have the militant anti-war singer - pushing the bounds of freedom of speech and expression and openly critical of US war policy - and the Admiral Father who was in command for the incident responsible for dramatic escalation of war.

I don't really dwell on it but if I were going to dwell on a rock-and-roll conspiracy theory/murder it would be Morrison's.

Anti Federalist
01-09-2017, 12:25 AM
That's why I'm waiting until I turn 28 to release my first album. That's right, Fate. How do you like THEM apples?!

:D

God damn it... (sad)