PDA

View Full Version : Howard Stern and Jesse Ventura discuss Ron Paul 2012

Gage
04-06-2011, 02:00 AM
Jesse appeared on Howard Stern, and discussed Ron Paul. (starts at 2:13, and starts again at 4:16). He again asserted the idea of running with him, if Ron were to run as an independent.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qrLq3ByM8qk&feature=mfu_in_order&list=UL

Howard was a big fan of Ron Paul in 2008. He could be a great ally in 2012.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9LQSfOa3cwY&feature=related

Matthew Zak
04-06-2011, 05:18 AM
Interesting. I like the publicity Jesse is giving Ron Paul.

Captain Shays
04-06-2011, 12:26 PM
"The only way we're going to get our country back is to destroy these two parties".

Spot on Jesse! I might ad, wipe out the Federal Reserve System as well. I particularly like his use of the word "destroy". Pulls no punches in its courageousness and very effectively expresses the sentiment of a huge number of Americans. I don't know how many exactly, but I do know that in every election the majority of Americans don't vote. If they don't vote, then, they don't vote for Republicans or Democrats either. We don't know why they don't vote. Some are just plain stupid. We probably don't want them voting anyway. Then there are those who are apathetic. But then, there are those who love their country and value their freedom very much but feel powerless to change anything. Of course there are those who get it about the two party crimeocracy. Many consider themselves liberal (I call them collectivists) and others consider themselves conservatives. Maybe some will vote for Nader but others will support Bednarik others Baldwin or Hagelin. We do know that about 3%-5% usually vote for third party candidates but we still cannot assume whom they would cast their votes for if they had voted. All we know is that in every election the majority of eligible voters don't vote. We also know that out of the number of registered voters the largest demographic is comprised of those who are registered as independent and choose not to identify with either of the major parties.
With this information I am now fully enraged every time those who control the means of information ignore or marginalize certain candidates and then shove down our throats other candidates. "They" are controlling the outcome of our elections. Equally egregious is the exclusion of third party candidates from the televised debates.
It comes down to this.

#1. NEVER cast your vote for a member in the Council on Foreign Relations.

#2. Always try to vote for the candidate that the media doesn't want you to hear (usually a third party candidate or one who also speaks the truth and isn't owned by the powers that be)

#3. Try not to vote for candidates that the media does want you to hear. (Usually Democrats and Republicans who have gotten us in this mess)

#4 Never stop talking about this to your friends, family, and every one that you encounter who will give you the opportunity

#5 Subvert the dominant paradigm at EVERY opportunity.

Tim724
04-06-2011, 02:10 PM
Howard was a big fan of Ron Paul in 2008. He could be a great ally in 2012.

Eh, I've listened to Stern's show almost every day for years. I remember his comments during the 2008 election cycle and while he said a few positive things about Ron Paul, I really wouldn't classify him as ever being a "big fan."

I find Howard Stern's show very entertaining, but there are several things about him that I do not like and one of those things is his politics. He says alot of things like "we should just nuke all the Muslims." While these comments are somewhat tongue-in-cheek exagerations, they are roughly representative of his beliefs. He also has many other wacked-out and out-of-touch opinions on things as a result of being a super-rich and priviledged person living within the confines of Manhattan.

As a fan of Howard Stern's show (purely for entertainment), I would NEVER look to him as someone who could help promote good libertarian politics.

R3volutionJedi
04-06-2011, 03:21 PM
5:49

@ the lady....

You don't know Ron Paul.

anaconda
04-06-2011, 04:36 PM
Ventura used the words "What's interesting ..." Somehow I like that..

But I think he called Andrew Napolitano "George."

Nathan Hale
04-06-2011, 07:40 PM

And the interesting thing is that Rand Paul might agree with you. :D

BlackTerrel
04-07-2011, 12:31 AM
I think Stern came out for Obama in 08.

dannno
04-07-2011, 02:47 PM
bump

RonPaulRules
04-07-2011, 05:25 PM
We should call into Stern's show and have him talk about or mention in 2007 how much he liked Ron Paul, and have him on the show. Since Obama clearly sucks and thats who Stern voted for.

IDefendThePlatform
04-07-2011, 05:59 PM
Ventura's got a great radio voice. He is definitely a good ally to have. Lots of intangibles.

Now if we can get Howard Stern on board again, that would be big.

doodle
04-07-2011, 06:05 PM
I think Stern came out for Obama in 08.

That's slight improvement from his prior more hardcore Iraq war mongering rhetoric, or maybe not.

Michael Landon
04-07-2011, 07:37 PM

But I think he called Andrew Napolitano "George."

I thought I heard him call Judge "George" also. That's funny.

- ML

Agorism
04-07-2011, 11:44 PM
I don't like how Ventura gets pissed off when the interviewer disagrees with him. He didn't do it in this interview but he does it in other ones.

USAFCapt
04-09-2011, 01:55 PM
Ventura lives in BFE Mexico for most of the year. I think he's on to something.

Ventura in a debate vs Biden/Palin...would wipe the floor!