PDA

View Full Version : Newbies (anyone that was awakened and joined after 2008) be prepared.

sratiug
04-05-2011, 04:34 PM
If you weren't following the Republican primary closely the last go round, you are not prepared for the shit that's about to happen.

eduardo89
04-05-2011, 04:35 PM
If you weren't following the Republican primary closely the last go round, you are not prepared for the shit that's about to happen.

what shit?

dannno
04-05-2011, 04:40 PM
what shit?

Around the time of the election, they would have him on and corner him and try to talk to him about the racist newsletters. Then once he was off air, they would talk about all of the other Presidential candidates except Ron Paul.

It was the worst media blackout ever.

He had out-raised all the other candidates, we did that for him, not the big corporations, the little people.. and it would get him an interview or two, but then the rest of the time he was never, ever mentioned, in a very purposeful way.

Nearly all the polls and results would look something like this:

http://img.skitch.com/20080119-ftbtrfhpfukf61d6rktwfhaj97.jpg

Or worse, I remember one where he had a whole giant 2nd place slice of pie grayed out, like this, but worse:

http://mattstooks.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/01/repubresults010308.jpg

Aldanga
04-05-2011, 04:46 PM
OP is spot on. It's infuriating. Use your fury to further the message. Take the negative and turn it into a positive. But be ready. It's going to get nasty.

We can't trust the media. The honeymoon will soon be over. We must be our own media.

KramerDSP
04-05-2011, 04:54 PM
Yep. The upcoming fights will make 2008 look like everyone was singing Kumbaya.

"First they ignore you. Then they laugh at you. Then they fight you. Then you win." - Gandhi

JoshLowry
04-05-2011, 04:57 PM
Compiled these images in May 2007.

http://www.votemotion.com/ronpaul.php

Seeing how the media treated him online after the first Reagan Library debate was what sparked my fire.

The media is pretty much inbetween a rock and a hard place this time around.

They either promote him fairly and he gets his message heard, or they blackball again and inspire an even fiercer fight.

sratiug
04-05-2011, 05:15 PM
what shit?

Bull shit. These were the main descriptions of Ron Paul nearly EVERY SINGLE TIME he was mentioned national TV during the primaries - "Long shot, quixotic, no chance to win". And that was the positive coverage.

Thomas
04-05-2011, 05:19 PM
become the GOP and they won't be able to stop us

t0rnado
04-05-2011, 05:19 PM
Starting reading Robert's Rules of Order if you plan on going to the caucuses or conventions. The bullshit that occurred at the state conventions in 2008 surpasses any of the antics of the media.

123tim
04-05-2011, 05:28 PM
Let's not forget this, which was edited out of the rebroadcast:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qlacFmRGPgI

While we're at it let's not forget anything that FOX (or any other network) has done.

123tim
04-05-2011, 05:32 PM
And then there was the debate where FOX refused to let Dr. Paul participate - even though he had much more support than Giuliani.

surf
04-05-2011, 05:41 PM
recruit. i think we may be able to attract a small amount of the republicans that follow the lead but are frustrated, but we will need more new blood to participate in caucuses and raise interest among friends in primaries.

i held my precinct caucus and took 4 votes to our district caucus meeting. i ran to be a delegate to the county meeting and the old-guard folks required that we tell them which candidate we supported. in the end we were about 50 folks short of sending a bunch of RP folks to the county convention (because the county is so big it takes this many steps). the saying whether or not you were an RP supporter was out of the ordinary, but this is what happens. at the State Convention there was a whole lot of crap that went down, and in the end Washington State sent 4 reps to vote for Ron Paul at the Nat'l convention.

It was awful disappointing that when the "Fine State of Washington" anounced 4 votes for Paul and 29 or so for the warmonger they tallied 33 for the warmonger.

be prepared.

Anti Federalist
04-05-2011, 05:46 PM
Heh, already starting...

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?286268-So-I-m-thumbing-through-Dick-Morris-book-quot-Revolt-quot-...&p=3193829#post3193829

acptulsa
04-05-2011, 06:01 PM

But they'll sure get kids in the corner and give them the long angry talk about how they've been carrying water for the powers that be since time immemorial and they shouldn't be voted out even if they won't let freedom ring. And they'll cross examine those kids to find out who the 'ringleader' is and refuse to believe there isn't one.

It's fun. Maybe listening to pigs squeal is an acquired taste, I don't know. But I thought it was fun.

sailingaway
04-05-2011, 06:05 PM
Compiled these images in May 2007.

http://www.votemotion.com/ronpaul.php

Seeing how the media treated him online after the first Reagan Library debate was what sparked my fire.

The media is pretty much inbetween a rock and a hard place this time around.

They either promote him fairly and he gets his message heard, or they blackball again and inspire an even fiercer fight.

I heard of some of that after the fact.

However, now the tea party trusts Ron Paul, and so do others. Even a bunch who hate him for his war views trust him. If he is squeezed out now, I think too many will wonder.

Johnnymac
04-05-2011, 07:09 PM

True, we have to fight like hell past all the bullshit once we get the GOP we might as well just get some rest cuz its allll down hill from there

Anti Federalist
04-05-2011, 07:16 PM
However, now the tea party trusts Ron Paul, and so do others. Even a bunch who hate him for his war views trust him. If he is squeezed out now, I think too many will wonder.

They won't when Glenn Beck and the rest of the "anti establishment - establishment" smears him as anti semitic and wanting to see "Israel pushed into the sea by radical mooslims".

zade
04-05-2011, 07:17 PM
This time, I know he'll catch on, I'm tellin ya

sailingaway
04-05-2011, 07:24 PM
They won't when Glenn Beck and the rest of the "anti establishment - establishment" smears him as anti semitic and wanting to see "Israel pushed into the sea by radical mooslims".

But the war of the moment has nothing to do with Israel, it's this place in Africa they couldn't find on a map.

acptulsa
04-05-2011, 07:38 PM
And the best part is, none of that crap is working any more. So even us old hands have no idea what the hell they're going to try next until we get it upside the head. And we'll be just as surprised as you. Feel reassured yet, n00bs? :D

Get yer game face on! :mad:

Romulus
04-05-2011, 07:38 PM
They just tried with CPAC and had to recant. They will try again, be ready and waiting for it and be prepared... it'll be much much harder for them to do so this time.

Anti Federalist
04-05-2011, 07:41 PM
And the best part is, none of that crap is working any more. So even us old hands have no idea what the hell they're going to try next until we get it upside the head. And we'll be just as surprised as you. Feel reassured yet, n00bs? :D

That ^^^

I feel like Chuck fucking Wepner anymore, not knowing where the next blow will land, but still on my feet!

sailingaway
04-05-2011, 07:47 PM
That ^^^

I feel like Chuck fucking Wepner anymore, not knowing where the next blow will land, but still on my feet!

Some contrived scandal, I suspect.

acptulsa
04-05-2011, 07:51 PM
So, if we have no clue, why should you stick with us?

They went to war without even bothering to go up the Hill with a pack of lies. Our Four Year King no longer needs a deliberative body of our represenatives. Congress is obsolete. They just let us vote them in to keep ourselves amused.

Until we pack those houses with honest men. Then they won't get the rubber stamp, and our voices will be heard.

Do you have children? Grandchildren? Do you wish for them to breathe free?

pcosmar
04-05-2011, 07:54 PM

Nobody knows. be ready for anything.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MfFCfK_ucH8

It was this thread that inspired the Question.
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?286475-A-Question.

Live_Free_Or_Die
04-05-2011, 07:55 PM
The divide and conquer strategy this go round will be to go after any RP supporters that can be labeled fringe. They will take entire subject matter off of the table by throwing the fringe label around because there are plenty of beltway or other RP supporters who flip the fuck out anytime anything "fringe" comes up.

Chester Copperpot
04-05-2011, 07:58 PM
what shit?

Oh dude... name it.. COmpletely ignoring him.. lying about votes when Ron Paul won.. gee.. I dont even know where to start...

hang on

Anti Federalist
04-05-2011, 08:00 PM
The divide and conquer strategy this go round will be to go after any RP supporters that can be labeled fringe. They will take entire subject matter off of the table by throwing the fringe label around because there are plenty of beltway or other RP supporters who flip the fuck out anytime anything "fringe" comes up.

That was done with some degree of success in 2007/08

Ray
04-05-2011, 08:01 PM
I'm already bracing myself for impact. Should I be stocking up on hard liquor?

acptulsa
04-05-2011, 08:03 PM
There was a caucus in Louisiana and it looked like Ron Paul was set to win it. So, they buried all the polls and, at the last minute, combined most of the other candidates into a Liberty Values God Peace and Hot Dogs Coalition and put signs all over the polling sites with Reagan's photo--an endorsement from a dead man. And so maintained--by a heartbreakingly slim margin--the meme that Ron Paul couldn't win anything.

That one kinda caught us from the left flank...

sailingaway
04-05-2011, 08:04 PM
I'm already bracing myself for impact. Should I be stocking up on hard liquor?

Why not?

I mean, just in general terms....

sailingaway
04-05-2011, 08:05 PM
There was a caucus in Louisiana and it looked like Ron Paul was set to win it. So, they buried all the polls and, at the last minute, combined most of the other candidates into a Liberty Values God Peace and Hot Dogs Coalition and put signs all over the polling sites with Reagan's photo--an endorsement from a dead man. And so maintained--by a heartbreakingly slim margin--the meme that Ron Paul couldn't win anything.

And they phoned other candidates and told them to send more people down and waited for them, I saw in forums, at least.

sailingaway
04-05-2011, 08:07 PM
But shutting down the state gop convention in Nevada when Ron was going to get all the delegates to National by simply turning off the lights and running because they didn't have enough votes to even call recess.....

I think that has to be the most blatant. And the Romney delegates were voting for Ron, not McCain. And so now they are changing the rules so that even if your candidate drops out, you can't change your vote until national, so other candidates can't 'pick up' enough delegates to vote down the party slate as was done that time.

Carehn
04-05-2011, 08:08 PM
I was not ready then and im still not ready now. Damn fox news pretending to represent me. BASTARDS!!!

Live_Free_Or_Die
04-05-2011, 08:09 PM
That was done with some degree of success in 2007/08

In the 07/08 campaign the fringe outnumbered the beltway.

Matthew Zak
04-05-2011, 08:10 PM
Everyone get your blood-pressure medication ready.

Carehn
04-05-2011, 08:10 PM

THIS THIS THIS!!!! Take the party from them! We have control of most of Idaho. If only the rest of you would get on board!

acptulsa
04-05-2011, 08:15 PM
THIS THIS THIS!!!! Take the party from them! We have control of most of Idaho. If only the rest of you would get on board!

Register Republican, whether you think you'll hate yourself for it or not, find the county party website, get to the meetings, volunteer to host a precinct meeting, and vote vote vote! But before you do, find your local meetup. And if you can't find it at meetup and no one here can help, form your own!

If you want government of the people, by the people and for the people, then go get it, people! Am I making sense? Go and get it. Apple trees don't pick themselves.

S.Shorland
04-05-2011, 08:25 PM
Sailingaway: I'd never heard about any of that nonsense.Probably for the best,it must have been gut wrenching to actually have your legitimate voting intent stolen.Even for a foreigner,it's very frustrating.I expect they will take the malfunctioning earpiece nonsense one step farther and make him exchange for a set saying 'don't vote for me,I'm an arsehole' on it? It will all be snide and sniping like the Fox episode - trying to show Ron is not what he seems.All subliminal. 'Here's Ron Paul,no doubt unfazed by the reaction..' and immediately cutting to an innocent Ron - Thus giving the impression that he can 'lie' without any emotional connection.ie the worst kind of liar.It will all be done to give a 'basic,gut feeling dislike/distrust of him.You can only document it and point it out.It would be a good paper for a political scientist.They are also pushing Tim Pawlenty hard.(T-Paw). - Interviews with old,motherly types who 'would like to hear more about him' - because they were asked about him and didn't know anything but gave a useful reply!

S.Shorland
04-05-2011, 08:35 PM
Sailingaway,Someone should mention those instances to John Stossel.If you have enough witnesses,he might be prepared to do a story? With his bet with O'reilly,he has a legitimate reason to show an interest in the previous run.

Chieppa1
04-05-2011, 08:44 PM
I just want to say I ready for a fight. The message is too pure to not push it. I won't waste my time with MSM bullshit. Time to get in the streets, push the anti-war message early.

VegasPatriot
04-05-2011, 08:45 PM
But shutting down the state gop convention in Nevada when Ron was going to get all the delegates to National by simply turning off the lights and running because they didn't have enough votes to even call recess.....

I think that has to be the most blatant. And the Romney delegates were voting for Ron, not McCain. And so now they are changing the rules so that even if your candidate drops out, you can't change your vote until national, so other candidates can't 'pick up' enough delegates to vote down the party slate as was done that time.
Yes, that one hurt. My name was on the list of at large delegates that would have been sent to the national convention. Nevada should have had 29 RP delegates of the 37(or so) Nevada state delegates. I want my seat this time!

acptulsa
04-05-2011, 08:47 PM
Sailingaway,Someone should mention those instances to John Stossel.If you have enough witnesses,he might be prepared to do a story? With his bet with O'reilly,he has a legitimate reason to show an interest in the previous run.

You know, we've been so busy moving forward that no one (to my knowledge) has set out to chronicle 2008. It should be done though, both so we can analyze it and because this history we've written deserves recording.

Romulus
04-05-2011, 09:21 PM
This time if they ask if he's running for the wrong parties nomination, RP can dis ALL parties with the "empty vessel" line. I think in large folks are waking up to the fact that political parties are a sham.

AdamT
04-05-2011, 10:50 PM
Yep, it will get nasty again no doubt.

SWATH
04-05-2011, 11:22 PM
Yup it was weirdest thing I'd ever seen. It was a blatant media blackout. I am a calm level headed guy but the next day after a debate while listening to the post debate coverage on the radio in my car I actually had to pull over in the shoulder of the highway in traffic and punch the living shit out of the passenger seat. The one blurb they had about Ron Paul was that he didn't really deserve any serious attention by anyone and that Romney was the real champion and where people should instead direct their attention. I had the distinct feeling that I was looking through the mirror and right into the face of the new world order.

It has already begun though on some level. Dickhead Morris was counting down all the possible Republican candidates on the radio and named like 15 people and not one mention of Ron Paul. Karl Rove did the same thing but rattled them off rapidly in alphabetical order and I shit you not right when he got to where Paul would have been he had an uncomfortable pause for a few seconds and said the next person after Ron Paul.

It was literally like "Barbour, Cain, Christie, Gingrich, Huckabee, Jindal, McCrystal, Palin.............Uh.............uh.........uh, Pawlenty, Romney, Rubio, Santorum, that's the lineup, that's all of them"

123tim
04-06-2011, 06:50 AM

I had forgotten about this.

I wish that someone with the skills would make a documentary of all of these events. It might open a few eyes to the truth.

fisharmor
04-06-2011, 07:12 AM
I had forgotten about this.

I wish that someone with the skills would make a documentary of all of these events. It might open a few eyes to the truth.

Yes, and ideally before he announces.
There's going to be a wave of support the second he does.
The questions is, is he going to be able to surf on to the foreign TV channels...
...or is it going to destroy the GOP's coast line and leave the entire party irradiated?

outspoken
04-06-2011, 08:01 AM
We must remind everyone that hindsight is always 20/20, particularly those that identify themselves as conservative. Looking back on Ron Paul, it is apparent to even the most stubborn neo-con that his foreign policy was dead right all along. There never is an never will be an exit strategy from our middle east wars and nation building that is equally responsible for bankrupting our nation and making us less safe.

FreedomWon
04-06-2011, 09:55 AM
I seldom post but have followed RPF's daily since it began. First voted for Ron Paul in 88. Since 1972 I have the distinction of always voting in the Presidential elections for someone who lost. Given the history we must be prepared that the fix is already in, and they will stop at nothing to prevent RP from getting close to the nomination. My efforts in the 2008 elections produced three votes for RP and those three people had never heard of him. This year I know that six more voters that are in my circle of influence will support him in the primaries. This being Massachusetts! What's intersting to me is how pissed these folks are when they see how the main stream media has subverted the whole process. In spite of the medias blatant marginalizing of RP's message I sense at tipping point here. Forge on and don't give up. If six percent of the voting population awakens to the fact that our freedom can only be taken if we let them then this can change everything.

fisharmor
04-06-2011, 10:12 AM
What's intersting to me is how pissed these folks are when they see how the main stream media has subverted the whole process.

The state educated almost all of us: is it going to teach the anti-state message?
The state controls the broadcasting licenses of those who control the message: is it really going to license groups that tolerate the anti-state message?

What I find interesting is how people were beginning in the 90s to have some serious gripes about the conservative viewpoint not being represented in media.
Then seemingly overnight - BAM - Fox News is broadcasting 24/7.
Then broadcast media starts to lose its monopoly on information dissemination, and this guy shows up in the presidential primaries who is saying some pretty anti-state things... things that he claims are conservative and directly contradict the crap being spewed out of Fox.
Result: immediate and obvious media blackout.

I don't go for conspiracy theories, but I mean, damn, that's one gigantic coincidence.

tangent4ronpaul
04-06-2011, 10:18 AM
Yup it was weirdest thing I'd ever seen. It was a blatant media blackout. I am a calm level headed guy but the next day after a debate while listening to the post debate coverage on the radio in my car I actually had to pull over in the shoulder of the highway in traffic and punch the living shit out of the passenger seat. The one blurb they had about Ron Paul was that he didn't really deserve any serious attention by anyone and that Romney was the real champion and where people should instead direct their attention. I had the distinct feeling that I was looking through the mirror and right into the face of the new world order.

It has already begun though on some level. Dickhead Morris was counting down all the possible Republican candidates on the radio and named like 15 people and not one mention of Ron Paul. Karl Rove did the same thing but rattled them off rapidly in alphabetical order and I shit you not right when he got to where Paul would have been he had an uncomfortable pause for a few seconds and said the next person after Ron Paul.

It was literally like "Barbour, Cain, Christie, Gingrich, Huckabee, Jindal, McCrystal, Palin.............Uh.............uh.........uh, Pawlenty, Romney, Rubio, Santorum, that's the lineup, that's all of them"

We need a virtual army to post links to favorable stories and the comments section of stories that don't mention him. Been meaning to start a thread on "tactical tweeting" based on a couple of research reports about the various communities there and how to get things picked up. Breaking into news agrigators might also be possible as most also search blogs that are popular, so a limited amount of content could be pushed.

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/04/03/fashion/03reputation.html?pagewanted=2&_r=1&adxnnl=1&adxnnlx=1302105823-qd2dUsMVegIqsRs1YXs7JA

ONCE something is online, it can be very difficult, if not impossible, to delete. So tweaking one’s online reputation usually boils down to gaming the search engines. Image-conscious people with an understanding of the Web’s architecture can try doing it themselves, by populating the Web with favorable content.

With any luck, those sites will appear first on a Web search, and push down any offending material. But these tactics have their limits, especially when the Web sites in question are popular and optimized for search engines.

Online reputation managers go further by exploiting how search engines like Google and Bing work, which is to rank Web pages based on how often they are linked from other sites. To trick the search engines, these managers employ programmers who create dummy Web sites that link to a client’s approved list of search results. The more links, the higher the approved sites rank.

ninepointfive
04-06-2011, 10:27 AM
You know, we've been so busy moving forward that no one (to my knowledge) has set out to chronicle 2008. It should be done though, both so we can analyze it and because this history we've written deserves recording.

My friend at InTheory.tv (http://www.intheory.tv/) has a pretty good video which has some police intimidation, and a "unity" slate which breaks the rules. Another calls out known Ron Paul supporters. Here's the video (http://vimeo.com/5262065) detailing police intimidation, and image (http://www.flickr.com/photos/59309698@N06/5429441891/) which identifies Ron Paul supporters.

"Quietly, under the radar of most people, the forces of Ron Paul have been organizing across the country to stage an embarrassing revolt against the party when Republicans gather for their national convention in St. Paul at the beginning of September." (http://www.flickr.com/photos/59309698@N06/5429441891/)

The Tea Parties have opened the political process to more grassroots activism. However, supposed TP leaders are supporting candidates other than Ron Paul. At least in my area.
Anyways, I called them out for being frauds for other reasons than their choice of presidential candidate. I am now putting my focus and energy into our local Ron Paul meetup to get it going again.

My belief is that we need to lead by example, and be careful of the people who are Benedict Arnolds (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Benedict_Arnold) in the TP for money and power. Anyways, I believe that's already the prevailing opinion of most RPF members, and thats why the Revolution will be so much more powerful this time around!

acptulsa
04-06-2011, 10:30 AM
I seldom post but have followed RPF's daily since it began. First voted for Ron Paul in 88. Since 1972 I have the distinction of always voting in the Presidential elections for someone who lost... In spite of the medias blatant marginalizing of RP's message I sense at tipping point here. Forge on and don't give up...

Right there with you all the way. Wish I knew how to explain it. After watching the Kool-Aid be the national drink for decades, though, you know when sense begins to creep into the consciousness.

Back in the 1970s people would speak up when our Constitution was incrementalized away step by step. But not everything was religiously stopped, so they just brought those steps along faster and faster, and took what the public didn't kill. Then it got to the point where opposition voices didn't get aired at all--and this isn't just political or Constitutional issues, but everything from indy bands to non-Big Three old cars like Packards and Studebakers. A blackout of almost everything that didn't support The Corporate View.

I think the 'net was the invention mothered by that necessity. People need to be able to relate without a corporate filter in the way. And then came a crop of intelligent kids who woke up to the fact that their nation had no principles, and began to wonder how it had gotten so far without them.

Keep sane in Taxachusetts if you can, brother, and keep reminding the kids that sanity isn't entirely a phenomenon with seasons...

We need a virtual army to post links to favorable stories and the comments section of stories that don't mention him.

Kinda nice to have this problem, but you're right, we're not prepared for it. We have a 'bad media reporting' section, but you're right--what we need to do now is promote the good stuff. Now that there is some...

My friend at InTheory.tv (http://www.intheory.tv/) has a pretty good video which has some police intimidation, and a "unity" slate which breaks the rules. Another calls out known Ron Paul supporters. Here's the video (http://vimeo.com/5262065) detailing police intimidation, and image (http://www.flickr.com/photos/59309698@N06/5429441891/) which identifies Ron Paul supporters.

Thank you. Bring 'em out!

We might have to talk scope on this thing. Do we want a five minute vid or a miniseries?

tangent4ronpaul
04-06-2011, 10:37 AM
Kinda nice to have this problem, but you're right, we're not prepared for it. We have a 'bad media reporting' section, but you're right--what we need to do now is promote the good stuff. Now that there is some...

Thank you. Bring 'em out!

We might have to talk scope on this thing. Do we want a five minute vid or a miniseries?

It's not just posting here. I was talking about a network of people that would post the same link in hundreds of places in order to raise the rank of stories that mention him.

pcosmar
04-06-2011, 10:39 AM
Remaining Positive.
or trying to

The ground has been tilled and the seeds planted (2008)
the seeds have had time to germinate

We just need some rain and sunshine
Bring the light and water the ground.
;)

acptulsa
04-06-2011, 10:42 AM
It's not just posting here. I was talking about a network of people that would post the same link in hundreds of places in order to raise the rank of stories that mention him.

Oh, I understand you perfectly. We've done this on an unorganized basis right along, but with swarms during the actual campaign season and damned few articles that fit the description, organization was hardly necessary. I'm thinking of a clearing house spot where browsers can post them, and translators can spread them without having to sort through every thread to see what's good, what's bad, what's ugly and what isn't about media reporting at all.

Maybe that's unnecessary. Maybe I should just shut up here and post links elsewhere, and see if it isn't easy enough right now... :)

sratiug
04-10-2011, 12:24 PM
Larry King and Stossel both filmed interviews that never aired on television just to waste Ron's time.

thasre
04-10-2011, 12:34 PM
My two cents on how the primaries went down last time to how they'll go down this time:

Infinitely more voters this time are aware of the kinds of dirty tricks the media / political establishment plays, and almost everyone is actually familiar with the Pauls this time around as well. There's no way the media can attempt a media blackout the way they did last time without it utterly backfiring. So we're at least more or less guaranteed Ron Paul is going to get coverage and some deference in a way he didn't last time.

Of course, that means we're going to have be even MORE vigilant than last time about keeping our eyes peeled for what kinds of tricks they have in store for us. And we have to be vigilant about fighting the media in a way that doesn't smack of the Sarah Palin take-no-prisoners-and-whine-a-lot approach.

angelatc
04-10-2011, 12:36 PM

Yep. I saw a comment in another forum that mentioned the RP contingency had taken over the local GOP, but once the election was over they all left. Members that had been elected to the local committee weren't showing up for the GOP meetings, essentially dropping off the face of the earth and leaving the local party in shambles. It's a marathon, not a sprint.

MeetUps are not nearly as important as the GOP.

acptulsa
04-10-2011, 12:44 PM
MeetUps are not nearly as important as the GOP.

Or, to put it another way, meetup groups are primarily important as a way to get organized and take over the county party. And you get such great rewards. Like when the local slant-rag gets whiny:

http://www.tulsaworld.com/news/article.aspx?subjectid=16&articleid=20110327_16_A19_CUTLIN208875

sratiug
04-30-2011, 11:00 AM
Dylan Ratigan, who begged Ron Paul to run, has him on his show and opens with the "longshot bid for the Whitehouse" nonsense again.

Hannity accusing him of supporting Sharia Law.

Gary Johnson full of shit.

Are you beginning to understand what kind of fight this will be?

sratiug
05-13-2011, 10:47 PM
I told you bastards. But still, you weren't ready, were you?

satchelmcqueen
08-08-2011, 05:05 PM
new guys be ready to get pissed. i broke a remote at one of the fox news debates last election cycle. it was the infamous "electability" question, that also, was edited out of the rebroadcast.

eok321
08-08-2011, 05:54 PM
This should stoke a few flames, the week thats in it...

http://thespinfactor.com/thetruth/wp-content/uploads/2007/08/foxnewskipsronpaul.jpg

bunklocoempire
08-08-2011, 06:17 PM
This should stoke a few flames, the week thats in it...

http://thespinfactor.com/thetruth/wp-content/uploads/2007/08/foxnewskipsronpaul.jpg

That's nice eok321 but,

"I don't need a history lesson!"

Serenity now, serenity now..

:D

NEVER FORGET!!

Bunkloco

sratiug
10-13-2011, 10:37 AM
I told you bastards. But still, you weren't ready, were you?

sratiug
12-22-2011, 04:13 PM
Bumpy bumpy ride to the top.

Philhelm
12-22-2011, 04:23 PM
Hannity accusing him of supporting Sharia Law.

That is so ridiculous that under normal circumstances I'd accuse you, or anyone, of outright fabrication. But since it's Ron Paul they're after, it's highly believable that Shame-ity actually said that.