PDA

View Full Version : [Politico] Rand Paul suspects his dad will run in 2012

gls
04-05-2011, 02:22 PM
http://www.politico.com/blogs/glennthrush/0411/Rand_Paul_suspects_his_dad_will_run_in_2012_.html? showall

Kentucky Sen. Rand Paul thinks his father is going to run for president - which means that the tea party favorite may not take the plunge himself.

Paul said he didn't know whether his father, Texas Rep. Ron Paul, would make another run for the GOP nomination - but he said that signs were pointing to a likely run.

"I get every indication from looking at his schedule and hearing what he’s doing that I think he probably will," the younger Paul told POLITICO. "But that’s his decision to make."

The senator has caused a stir in recent days by suggesting he may get into the race - only if his father does not. He's been on a tour promoting his new book, and made a stop in Iowa over the weekend where he was greeted warmly by conservative activists.

Article continued at link. This seems like a fairly solid indication that it is going to be Ron. If so, I hope he has a plan. My fear is that there is just too much animosity toward the elder Paul in Republican circles for him to pull off a victory -- but I hope that I'm wrong.

tangent4ronpaul
04-05-2011, 02:34 PM
There is only one candidate that is devoted to a financial reform platform - Paul.
Seniors are loosing their shirts right now.

The pain inflicted on savers could have political repercussions. Retirees are among the country's most active voters, with the power to influence a wide range of issues, such as who will bear the burden of fixing the federal government's finances and whether politicians should rein in the Fed.

Over the past few years, seniors have taken a conservative turn: In the 2010 elections, Republican congressional candidates attracted 59% of the over-65 vote, compared to 48% in 2008, according to exit polls—a larger shift than that seen among the general populace.

There are 37 Million Seniors (65+) in the country right now.
There are 17 Million College students. The 16-30yo has the highest unemployment rate of any demographic and a ton of them have "underwater" student loans.

Then there is everyone in the middle and gas/food prices are really hurting ppl.

150 Million people vote. Roughly 1/3 Repub, 1/3 Dem and 1/3 Independent. Those numbers look encouraging.

-t

Matt Collins
04-05-2011, 03:22 PM
I think something fairly shocking will be revealed when reports are published on the FEC website after the Apr 15th deadline.

eduardo89
04-05-2011, 03:26 PM
I think something fairly shocking will be revealed when reports are published on the FEC website after the Apr 15th deadline.

Don't leave us guessing what!

nayjevin
04-05-2011, 10:52 PM

Oh Matt, just intriguing enough to get sugarplums dancing in my head.

Obama donated to Ron?

Aratus
04-06-2011, 06:27 AM
ron paul is thinking about running
and possibly may announce soon
as in the next few weeks or days.

Matt Collins
04-06-2011, 12:05 PM
Obama donated to Ron?Yep... A full on endorsement will be coming soon.

:p

FSP-Rebel
04-06-2011, 12:18 PM
Yep... A full on endorsement will be coming soon.

:p

Such a tease, as usual

Austin
04-06-2011, 12:56 PM

That reads like a horoscope. :rolleyes:

Of course Ron won't announce before the 15th, and of course he or Rand will announce within a few weeks after the FEC deadline. It's very clear that Ron will use his book to get some media attention, and then announce his decision after that free media well has dried up.