PDA

View Full Version : Is Trump running in order to derail Ron Paul?

sofia
04-05-2011, 01:58 PM
We all know that Trump really doesnt want to be President....so. the question of why he is he possibly running reminds me of the last time he ran for nomination of the Reform Party against Pat Buchanan. He was clearly a stop-Buchanan candidate.

I wonder if his embrace of the "birther" issue is aimed at getting the support of "conspiracy theorists" who would otherwise support the anti-Establishment candidacy of Ron Paul?

I wonder what Trump is really up to by raising this birther issue (which I agree with by the way.)...Is he trying to derail the TRUE anti-Establishment candidate????

jkr
04-05-2011, 02:08 PM
maybe, MAYBE, he is running to take flak for him...

Brett85
04-05-2011, 02:10 PM
Or maybe Trump actually does want to be President this time?

UtahApocalypse
04-05-2011, 02:11 PM
As soon as his CPAC speech was done I called out the fact hey would be the anti-paul that rudy was in 2008

Brett85
04-05-2011, 02:12 PM
As soon as his CPAC speech was done I called out the fact hey would be the anti-paul that rudy was in 2008

Except that Trump supports withdrawing from Iraq and Afghanistan. I could see a Paul/Trump ticket since they're so similar on foreign policy issues.

Zippyjuan
04-05-2011, 02:17 PM
Trump only cares about Trump. And he loves to see and hear his name all the time- the classic egotistical media junkie. Trump would be a major distraction for a Ron Paul campaign if they were to run at the same time (together or not).

ItsTime
04-05-2011, 02:19 PM
Trump will pull voters from Romney.

anaconda
04-05-2011, 02:19 PM
Trump will have no net effect on Ron Paul.

sailingaway
04-05-2011, 02:21 PM
that is certainly my view. I can't imagine why else.

Anaconda, in NH poll out today, with Trump in, Ron is way down from other configurations. I don't know why.

tangent4ronpaul
04-05-2011, 02:22 PM
Except that Trump supports withdrawing from Iraq and Afghanistan. I could see a Paul/Trump ticket since they're so similar on foreign policy issues.

Nuke their ass and take their gas???

Trump is a Neocon. If he runs, he will take votes from Romney and Mittens.

-t

trey4sports
04-05-2011, 02:23 PM

Anaconda, in NH poll out today, with Trump in, Ron is way down from other configurations. I don't know why.

I think Trump is percieved as an independent as is Ron. Things will change though. It's way to early to know how Trump will really effect Paul IF he does run....

Brett85
04-05-2011, 02:29 PM
Nuke their ass and take their gas???

Trump is a Neocon. If he runs, he will take votes from Romney and Mittens.

-t

It's getting to the point now that the term "neocon" is used to describe everybody who isn't Ron Paul.

Romulus
04-05-2011, 02:41 PM
Trump IS viewed an anti-establishment though... this itself will siphon votes away. And all of those people looking for a "good businessman" to run the country (They might have bailed on Mittens). So I see him pulling support away from both.

He's there to water down the field... basically he's there to ensure an Obumbles victory (He did Rahm 50k)

Dreamofunity
04-05-2011, 03:40 PM
If people would really vote for a protectionist douche bag because of the birther issue, Trump can have those votes.

puppetmaster
04-05-2011, 03:41 PM
trump donates to Democrats if he needs favors, he is for trump only, not for freedom

anaconda
04-06-2011, 02:35 PM

Well I commend you for offering hard evidence that my assertion is possibly naive. But Ron and Don have very very different platforms and philosophies. there may be a segment of voters polled that simply want to pick a rebellion vote without much specific information. In which case Trump or Paul might pop into the heads of many of these people. But Trump is no different from Mitt Romney as near as I can tell.