PDA

View Full Version : RawStory: Obama’s top 5 broken campaign promises

ronpaulhawaii
04-05-2011, 12:22 PM
Story is good for tweeting with progressive hashtags

http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2011/04/05/the-top-five-campaign-promises-obama-left-behind/

1. Health care for all

2. Close Guantanamo

3. Defend labor rights

4. Reform the Patriot Act

5. End the wars

More at link...

TheNcredibleEgg
04-05-2011, 12:25 PM
6 - Raise taxes on rich.

That's another big priority progressives sought. (Or in progresso speak - "pay their fair share.")

doodle
04-05-2011, 12:37 PM
One promise he did not break is of putting America's interests first and not acting as plant of Israel lobby..because he never made that promise during campaign.

NewRightLibertarian
04-05-2011, 12:48 PM
Am I overreacting or has this guy been the worst thing that could have possibly happened to America? Just the effect he has on the minds of so many sheep is what makes him so dangerous. This cult like adoration his followers have of him is scary.

specsaregood
04-05-2011, 12:51 PM
Am I overreacting or has this guy been the worst thing that could have possibly happened to America? Just the effect he has on the minds of so many sheep is what makes him so dangerous. This cult like adoration his followers have of him is scary.

It is hard to believe but I think McCain would have still been worse.

NewRightLibertarian
04-05-2011, 12:55 PM

True. Either way we were screwed.

Immortal Technique
04-05-2011, 12:57 PM
Didnt mention ending rendition? wtf?
Or how bout no lobbyists ?

ChaosControl
04-05-2011, 12:57 PM
I think his oath of office to uphold and defend the constitution is his biggest broken promise.

Or does that not count as a campaign promise?

Krugerrand
04-05-2011, 12:59 PM

That's hard to say. I think McCain would have been worse w/ the current GOP House. Obama was definitely worse when the DEMs had total control. Since both parties are the same, anytime we can get gridlock, it's a good thing.