PDA

View Full Version : Rand, watch out for Cornyn's 'non binding resolution'!

sailingaway
04-05-2011, 11:56 AM
http://thecable.foreignpolicy.com/posts/2011/04/05/cornyn_to_introduce_resolution_on_libyan_regime_ch ange

Sen. John Cornyn (R-TX) will soon become the first senator to introduce a non-binding resolution expressing the sense of the Senate on the war in Libya, and it calls for regime change to be the explicit policy of the United States.

Cornyn could introduce his resolution as early as today. The resolution, which was obtained by The Cable (PDF), states, "the policy of the United States should be to remove Muammar al-Qaddafi from power and to use military force, if necessary, to achieve that goal."

The resolution also calls on President Barack Obama to submit a plan to achieve Qaddafi's ouster, and to seek congressional authorization for the military intervention in Libya.

It tries to placate by calling for Constitutional forms, but....

Seems to me the congressional debate on the merits should occur PRIOR to determining there should be regime change....

specsaregood
04-05-2011, 12:01 PM
I'll one up you.

Hey, Rand! Object to every effing bill. No more pass without objection/unanimous B.S.

sailingaway
04-05-2011, 12:05 PM
I'll one up you.

Hey, Rand! Object to every effing bill. No more pass without objection/unanimous B.S.

This works too....