PDA

View Full Version : Rand Paul suspects his dad will run in 2012

tsai3904
04-05-2011, 09:39 AM
http://www.politico.com/blogs/glennthrush/0411/Rand_Paul_suspects_his_dad_will_run_in_2012_.html

Kentucky Sen. Rand Paul thinks his father is going to run for president - which means that the tea party favorite may not take the plunge himself.

Paul said he didn't know whether his father, Texas Rep. Ron Paul, would make another run for the GOP nomination - but he said that signs were pointing to a likely run.

"I get every indication from looking at his schedule and hearing what he’s doing that I think he probably will," the younger Paul told POLITICO. "But that’s his decision to make."

The senator has caused a stir in recent days by suggesting he may get into the race - only if his father does not. He's been on a tour promoting his new book, and made a stop in Iowa over the weekend where he was greeted warmly by conservative activists.

But, the younger Paul said, "the only decision I’ve made is that I won't run against my dad.

"And other than that, I think the tea party needs to have a seat at the table, he said. "I think that people who came from the tea party movement need to influence who the next nominee will be.

"Whether that will mean I will be an active participant or just someone trying to shape the process, I think time will tell."

He added, though, that his dad effectively will make that decision for him.

"I see my dad’s traveling schedule, and I notice he’s going to Iowa quite a bit and New Hampshire quite a bit," he said. "Ask him whether he’s running so I'll know what I’m going to do."

The elder Paul has said he's still weighing his options.

sailingaway
04-05-2011, 09:42 AM
I was just going to post that!

UtahApocalypse
04-05-2011, 09:43 AM
"I see my dad’s traveling schedule, and I notice he’s going to Iowa quite a bit and New Hampshire quite a bit," he said. "Ask him whether he’s running so I'll know what I’m going to do."
:D:D

I don't take the Paul's for dishonesty..... but could they reall live together, be father and son..... and NOT discuss this at all??

acptulsa
04-05-2011, 09:45 AM
:D:D

I don't take the Paul's for dishonesty..... but could they reall live together, be father and son..... and NOT discuss this at all??

First, how can they live in different states yet live together?

That said, yes. A son can easily decide he has nothing to add, or has said his piece, and let his father think something over in peace.

Romulus
04-05-2011, 09:47 AM
>>>>>>>hold<<<<<<<<

robertwerden
04-05-2011, 09:48 AM
I wonder what would happen if both of them ran, and in the end one transfers all their delegates to the other for a win