PDA

View Full Version : Help: Writing a Letter to the Editor

Kacela
10-25-2007, 06:26 AM
I live in Connecticut, and the deadline for changing party affiliations is November, 6 2007. You can only vote for Ron Paul in the Connecticut primary election if you are registered Republican. I need help in writing a letter to the editor of my local weekly newspaper. My town has a total population of 50,000, and this paper is delivered free to any household within the city limits that wants to receive it.

I want the letter to be a reminder about the party affiliation change date, but also about Ron Paul - or should it be about Ron Paul with a reminder about the party affiliation change date?

I was trying to find examples here that I could emulate, but none that I found are appropriate. Has anyone written such a "combo" letter that I could see? If not, any input would be greatly appreciated. I'm only going to get one shot.

Kacela
10-25-2007, 11:03 AM
Anyone? As of the end of last week, My town has 6,906 registered Republicans, 8,119 Registered Democrats, and 15,728 who are registered as "Unaffiliated". The republican primary in Connecticut is only open to Republicans, and you CAN NOT declare that day.

Connecticut needs to get 29,000 votes for RP on Primary Day for him to have a 100% guarantee that he'll get the state's delegates; I would love to make a dent in getting some of my town's 15,728 unaffiliated registered voters to register as Republicans by the November 6th deadline, so that they can vote for Dr, Paul in the primary.

Please, can someone help me, or point me in the right direction?

American
10-25-2007, 11:06 AM
I would help you but I cant write for beans. Keep bumping this thread someone will help you out.

Sorry...:(

Drknows
10-25-2007, 11:37 AM
Usually letters to the editors are solution and problem type pieces not announcements.

Be very passionate about registering republican in your letter. Let them know you just moved to Connecticut and had no idea the deadline for changing party affiliations is November, 6 2007.

something along those lines.

I suck at writing haha

newmedia4ron
10-25-2007, 11:48 AM
Here are some resources:
How to place an op-ed or letter to the editor in the top 100+ newspapers (http://www.ccmc.org/oped.htm)
Write News Editor Form (http://www.gop.com/GetActive/WriteNewspapers.aspx)