PDA

View Full Version : In case you hadn't noticed

constituent
10-25-2007, 05:43 AM
The 'Arab-American' Community in Dearborn, Michigan is pulling through for the good dr. in a BIG BIG kinda way.

Since yesterday, the campaign has added to the site schedule an Arab-Americans for Ron Paul Dinner (http://www.ronpaul2008.com/events/dearborn-dinner) scheduled for this evening and another event ($1000 a plate, btw) the next morning called A Private Briefing With Ron Paul (http://www.ronpaul2008.com/events/arab-american-for-ron-paul-fundraiser/) at the Doubletree Hotel.

Much thanks for all of the hard work the GR has put into establishing a niche in this community, and much thanks to the good people of Dearborn who are coming together to show their support for Dr. Ron Paul.

Pete
10-25-2007, 06:17 AM
I am glad to see Arab-Americans have more of a stake in our political process, especially with a freedom-loving candidate like Ron Paul!

This is a great group to have on our side, especially if RP wins and healing in the ME becomes a reality. NTM that Arab-Americans are generally pretty wealthy and could be powerful financial supporters.

Props to Hamadeh, Nefertiti, and other Arab American posters on this board that made this happen.

Woot!

speciallyblend
10-25-2007, 06:20 AM
Great job Michigan;)

manny
10-25-2007, 07:01 AM
Yeah that's awesome! Well done to those who have been working at this! :)

Bradley in DC
10-25-2007, 07:16 AM
Anyone in the DC area should join us tonight at 7 pm:

Dear Ron Paul Supporters--please forward to Maryland and Virginia groups,

I'm calling on the members of Ron Paul's Meetup.com group to get the campaign's message out through an event at The George Washington University tomorrow night, Thursday, 25 October at 630PM.

Background
Brad Jansen asked me to look into GW's IslamoFascism Week and its response Peace Not Prejudice Week find a way to get the campaign involved in the latter. IslamoFascism Week is a project administered by the Young America's Foundation (YAF) for the arch-NeoCon David Horowitz. Its goal is to spread a message that terrorism is a massive threat to Americans, that it is perpetrated by Muslims (especially Arabs), and that an imposing American international presence is required to stop it / them. Peace Not Prejudice attempts to bridge the xenophobic schism and promote understanding.

Dr. Paul's message that the US makes more problems than it solves by meddling in the Middle East is an interesting complement to the students' discourse. The events will attract media attention (you'll see ... Google for press and blogs), and it showcases Dr. Paul's winning, unique perspective on these hot-button issues.

Our Mission
Half the battle is showing up. We will distribute literature, ask questions, articulate the campaign's positions ... Let them know Paul has shockingly sensible things to say about war, international relations, inter-faith relations, etc.

More broadly, our mission is to reach out to Arab-American and Muslim voters and assert the wisdom of foreign policies that are neither interventionist nor isolationist.

Logistics
Horowitz will speak at The Marvin Center (800 21st St. NW). I propose that we should meet at 7PM at the Gelman Library Starbucks at 2130 H. St. We will organize ourselves, meet and greet, and assume positions at the Marvin Center by 730.

Contact
Michael Cole
and
J. Bradley Jansen

Question_Authority
10-25-2007, 07:21 AM
I am glad to see Arab-Americans have more of a stake in our political process,
Woot!

Do you think there will be blowback from the all powerful Zionist community? Or has he already burned that bridge anyway? Just curious what you think,

kylejack
10-25-2007, 07:27 AM
Do you think there will be blowback from the all powerful Zionist community? Or has he already burned that bridge anyway? Just curious what you think,
They told Ron he couldn't come speak at their secret club recently ("No Constitutionalists allowed!") so I wouldn't be too worried.

constituent
10-25-2007, 07:33 AM
didn't realize bradley was a j. bradley.

kylejack
10-25-2007, 07:34 AM
didn't realize bradley was a j. bradley.

We should start a Guess Bradley's J game.

constituent
10-25-2007, 08:48 AM
glad to hear it hamadeh.

M.Bellmore
10-25-2007, 08:53 AM
Woohoo! We are going to take Michigan for Ron Paul!

Eric21ND
10-25-2007, 08:58 AM
Great work guys!!

Pete
10-25-2007, 11:34 AM

The Zionist community will probably never be a fan of RP's as presently they are getting free money from U.S. taxpayers where RP will be only fair. I hope that more intelligent and patriotic members will see the light. At least he will support their right to provide aid to Israel as they wish, and for Israel to do as they will in the region. This is not a small thing.

saahmed
10-25-2007, 12:09 PM
Awesome, I knew there would be a lot of Arab American/ Muslim support. We just need to make sure they actually get out to the primaries and vote.

Corydoras
10-26-2007, 06:06 PM
ill be doing another flyer in early December to remind them to register to vote before its too late.

Braheem, will you be doing another newspaper ad, not just a flyer?

Meatwasp
10-26-2007, 06:18 PM
You really did great Hamadeh. And many thanks to Nefertiti also