PDA

View Full Version : LauraIngraham.com POLL - DO NOT vote Ron Paul!

Misesian
10-25-2007, 05:42 AM
www.lauraingraham.com

Vote either McCain or Tancredo. Tom is my #2 guy, but I voted for him which would make the most since because we would get a LOT of his supporters if he dropped out already. I hope and pray that Tom does the right thing, drops out, and endorses Ron Paul.

I don't think we WANT McCain to drop out, him staying in just further dilutes the neoconservative vote like Ron Paul states.

ConstitutionGal
10-25-2007, 05:45 AM
First off: DO NOT CLICK ON THAT LINK!!! Copy it and then paste it in a new browser window or tab.

Secondly: Dr. Paul and McCain are both now tied at 37%

literatim
10-25-2007, 05:47 AM
So why isn't Huckabee an option?

I decided to vote Tancredo.

wgadget
10-25-2007, 05:56 AM
My personal analysis:

ILLEGAL IMMIGRATION is a HUGE HUGE issue, and that's why Tancredo is only at 18%. Ron needs to talk about this more. I've heard Thompson talking about it, and he's a little stronger than the other guys, but Ron RULES.

ConstitutionGal
10-25-2007, 06:23 AM
Illegal immigration is one of the things that's hurting Dr. Paul right now, IMHO. The American public doesn't want to hear about removing incentives and such. They overwhelmingly want the illegals GONE whether than means cracking down on employers or deporting the illegals when they are found. Dr. Paul wins points with the anti-illegal immigration folks for wanting to secure the borders but the comments about how the illegals are scapegoats for the larger problem isn't making him any brownie points (even though may be true). Dr. Paul's wanting to remove the illegals from federal mandated programs like health care and education are good but, when you talk to the folks that are involved with this debate and are seeing their communities overrun and balkanized, those are the least of their concerns. My point with all this is that Tancredo dropping out will not necessarily help Dr. Paul. Most of Tancredo's potential votes will then go to Hunter (who's been good on this issue) and then to Thompson (simply because he TALKS about getting rid of the illegals).

wgadget
10-25-2007, 06:25 AM
Point well taken. But what I'm trying to say is he needs to bring the topic up more often, and he needs to delineate where he stands better. It is THE biggest issue, in my estimation. I just wish he'd clarify. For some reason, the debate moderators don't seem to want to bring the subject up...?

Madison
10-25-2007, 06:27 AM
McCain and Paul are now tied at 37%. Vote McCain!

ConstitutionGal
10-25-2007, 06:31 AM
If/when he does get to bring up the subject, IMHO, he needs to stick with the fact that he keeps introducing legislation to end birth-right citizenship. That plays VERY well with the anti-illegal groups. The 'they've being used as scapegoats' comments have hurt him drastically with this contingent every time he's mentioned it. Case in point is here in Tennessee where we have had several Americans violently murdered by illegals - people around here want them all rounded up and deported yesterday and simply because Thomspon TALKS a good game on this issue, he is garning a lot of support. Of course, I've been posting his RECORD at every possible opportunity but many people see Dr. Paul's stance as too much of the Liberitarian philosophy which advocates open borders.

wgadget
10-25-2007, 06:53 AM
He needs to come out vociferously and take issue with the traditional Libertarian view. His is 180 degrees opposite. This is something he MUST do, and soon.

xRedfoxx
10-25-2007, 07:26 AM
just voted McCain...we need more votes!!

manuel
10-25-2007, 07:39 AM
So why isn't Huckabee an option?

He's already been eliminated.

Tim724
10-25-2007, 07:46 AM
I don't get it, why are we not voting for Paul?

unklejman
10-25-2007, 08:17 AM

Because it is a vote on who should leave the race...

margomaps
10-25-2007, 08:17 AM

I'm not sure if you're joking around or not, but in case you're not:

The poll asks, "Which GOP prez candidate should call it quits at this point?"

So obviously we don't want to vote for Paul, because that would mean we want him to "call it quits."

Severius
10-25-2007, 08:41 AM
Can you people please start anonymising your links. Sheesh.

jjockers
10-25-2007, 08:55 AM
I don't see the poll any more.

BuddyRey
10-25-2007, 09:44 AM
I'll bet we were winning, so they pulled it.

margomaps
10-25-2007, 09:44 AM
I don't see the poll any more.

Ahahahah! As soon as Paul was no longer the candidate people wanted to drop out, the poll disappeared from the page. Anyone else notice that?

werdd
10-25-2007, 09:58 AM
the poll changed.