PDA

View Full Version : ALERT: NC is voting on a bill TONIGHT that would criminalize natural medicine!

libertygrl
04-04-2011, 04:11 PM
Just received the following email alert for naturalnews.com:

This is a breaking news alert from NaturalNews.

North Carolina is voting on a bill TONIGHT that would criminalize homeopaths, naturopaths, midwives, herbalists and anyone else who practices "non-conventional medicine." They would all be arrested as felons, rounded up, prosecuted and sent to prison for "practicine medicine" without a conventional medical license.

Read our full report by Ethan Huff at:
http://www.naturalnews.com/031953_medical_practice_licensing.html

You can see the proposed language of the bill yourself at:
http://www.ncleg.net/Sessions/2011/Bills/Senate/PDF/S31v2.pdf

We warned you that this was coming! This is the complete tyranny of the medical police state now being brought to bear against the healers of North Carolina. Healers will become felons under this bill, which turns herbalists into Class I Felons and essentially criminalizes all REAL medicine that exists outside the corrupt state licensing boards which are dominated by pharma interests.

Natural medicine is becoming too powerful, you see, and the corrupt, criminal-minded pushers of pharma poison, chemotherapy and radiation have decided they must round up and imprison all the natural healers in order to maintain their dominance over health treatments.

Your help is urgently needed:

* Forward this email to anyone who needs to know about this.

* CALL the NC Governor's office at (202) 624-5833 and loudly and forcefully insist that this bill is pure medical madness.

* Call the North Carolina House at (919) 733-7928 with the same message.

Also breaking today: Japan is release 2.4 million gallons of radioactive water into the Pacific Ocean. And this level of release is going to happen again and again as more radioactive water keeps being produced there. The mass irradiation of the Pacific Ocean has begun.

Your government is lying to you about this entire story, and now the EPA is about to raise the "allowable" levels of iodine-131 radiation by thousands of times in order to be able to declare the coming radioactive fallout to be completely "safe." The way to protect America from radioactive fallout, it seems, is to simply redefine it. Suddenly it's all declared SAFE by the EPA!

Seriously: I couldn't make this stuff up. The level of insanity that has infected the minds of those running our state and national governments has become intolerable. We are living through a circus of criminality at every level among the so-called "leaders" who claim to be running our country. Their actions put hundreds of millions of people at risk in North America alone...

We will be covering this breaking news in an upcoming feature story on NaturalNews.com. If you're not yet subscribed to NaturalNews, sign up now (it's free) to receive a daily email from me, containing breaking news for that day. We protect your email address and do NOT sell it to anyone. You can unsubscribe at any time.
Register at http://www.naturalnews.com/ReaderRegistration.html

Thank you and stay safe,

- Mike Adams, the Health Ranger

TCE
04-04-2011, 07:32 PM
I am obviously against this because it promotes regulations and centralizes the health care system, but technically, North Carolina can do this. Gunny?

GunnyFreedom
04-04-2011, 07:39 PM
I am very familiar with Senate Bill 31, and I am vehemently opposed to it. The vote/debate on this bill has been postponed to Tuesday Session, but it is at the end of a long line of other bills, so if we end up going way, way too long it could get bumped again to Wednesday.

BuddyRey
04-04-2011, 07:40 PM
Why the heck are we just hearing about this now, the night the legislature is voting on it?!

GunnyFreedom
04-04-2011, 07:53 PM
Why the heck are we just hearing about this now, the night the legislature is voting on it?!

Well, I saw it coming, but I didn't see it as being nearly as drastic as the people at NaturalNews do, it just looked like a little more mission-creep incrementalism to me, so I figured I'd end up voting "no" at 1 vs 119 and that would be the end of it. All it really does is bump the existing penalties for existing prohibitions from a misdemeanor to a felony -- which is bad enough as it is -- but it does not criminalize whole new swaths of practitioners like the NN people would have us believe.

Of course I oppose the bill. I'm guessing that the reason it hasn't been turned into a foo-fer-aw prior to this point is because the NN people are sensationalizing it quite a bit, and most folks just recognized it for the standard-fare incrementalism that it is, and so haven't really invested the effort to oppose it.

Since there is now such an effort, there becomes more and more reason to stand up in the floor debate. Whether that will be productive or counterproductive (the debate that is, no question but that I'll vote no) will depend on how much of a stink the NN people manage to raise on the issue. If they can slice off the Dems (doubtful) and get a few Reps to oppose it, then a floor speech on it will be productive. If we go into this vote where it's clearly going to pass something like 90 vs 30, then the debate may be counterproductive towards getting 'bigger issues' moving on my own agenda.

SB31 is a bad bill, but it's not quite as much of a nightmare as NN has said. SB31 deserves to fail, and I will vote against it.