PDA

View Full Version : "Girlie Man" Culture of Government Schools

SARTRE
04-04-2011, 05:44 AM
The notion that gender egalitarianism is central to the education process has caused dire consequences to Western Civilization. If proponents really sought political, social and economic equality between the genders, one might examine their claims with a sense of impartiality. However, the record of a feminized construct clearly demonstrates that equivalence is not their intention. Dominance of the masculine mind with codependent emotionalism out of a soap opera script surfaces as the real objective in the eternal war between the sexes. Imagine the inevitability of damage done to impressionable minds by an entire educational system intentionally designed to subjugate the natural instincts of a well-adjusted male student.

Read the entire article on the BATR Archive page
http://batr.org/autonomy/040311.html

Discuss or comment about this essay on the BATR Forum
http://forum.batr.net/showthread.php?tid=543

Sola_Fide
04-04-2011, 09:21 AM
Completely agree^^^

The entire goal of state-education--the entire goal of statism itself--is to make men less masculine.

There are two things that the State sees as its great enemy: powerful, free men and the traditional patriarchal family. The State does not need to exist when these elements are present in society. They are the greatest threats to State power.

What we have is an effort by state-educators to feminize our entire mind and life. A country is doomed to statist slavery when there are no more men.

Sola_Fide
04-04-2011, 09:31 AM
Bump for the men who are being feminized by their government and don't even know it.

acptulsa
04-04-2011, 09:36 AM
You sure this is the entire goal? Seems to me they consider Aspberger's 'sufferers' pretty damned dangerous, too--perhaps because this brand of newly-minted 'autism' enables one to see through their b.s. Yeah, just another capable group that can be 'reclassified' into someone helpless and in need of welfare, thus justifying their existence. But to say that they are focused on one target is silly.

Jack Bauer
04-04-2011, 09:41 AM
+1776

Today's edgy men: "I yelled "Down with Nazi Walker" when we passed by the GOP office during my local pro-union rally, because I am opposed to his union busting in Wisconsin, but I did it while wearing a Hitler moustache because it would be like ironic!"

1776's edgy men: "I only regret that I have but one life to give for my country."

nate895
04-04-2011, 10:09 AM
1776's edgy men: "I only regret that I have but one life to give for my country."

To be fair, that was said by a spy, which is like the least manly job in the military. I mean, the entire point of being a spy is to blend in with company that is your enemy and lie to them. Spies are basically professional liars. I am not saying that spying is necessarily wrong.

Vessol
04-04-2011, 10:23 AM
Completely agree^^^

The entire goal of state-education--the entire goal of statism itself--is to make men less masculine.

There are two things that the State sees as its great enemy: powerful, free men and the traditional patriarchal family. The State does not need to exist when these elements are present in society. They are the greatest threats to State power.

What we have is an effort by state-educators to feminize our entire mind and life. A country is doomed to statist slavery when there are no more men.

I'd argue that the State is an extension of the abusive family. As in an abusive and often tyrannical father figure who threatens you and uses violence against you if you ignore those threats. To question your Father is to question the very system of family! Just as it is unquestionable to question the State..oh wait.

Most who enter politics themselves were most likely abused as a child, that's where the draw comes from. The ability to be the father of not only one child, but a whole nation of children that must be watched over and punished severely when necessary.

Were Governments that came before the modern public schooling system any less tyrannical than our current Government? If not, then what effect does the public school system have to do with feminizing men? The public school system is about indoctrination and creating obedience to the State, not feminization which is only a current trend IMO.

scottditzen
04-04-2011, 11:11 AM
The notion that gender egalitarianism is central to the education process has caused dire consequences to Western Civilization. If proponents really sought political, social and economic equality between the genders, one might examine their claims with a sense of impartiality. However, the record of a feminized construct clearly demonstrates that equivalence is not their intention. Dominance of the masculine mind with codependent emotionalism out of a soap opera script surfaces as the real objective in the eternal war between the sexes. Imagine the inevitability of damage done to impressionable minds by an entire educational system intentionally designed to subjugate the natural instincts of a well-adjusted male student.

There is an alternative to government "social laboratory" schools. Producing marginally functional idiots is obscene. Don Closson, continues and presents a traditional and positive male role model to replace the chaos of a fake gender neutral society run by maladjusted women.

LOL @ "maladjusted" women commentary.

Really, in the era of Grand Theft Auto and the prevalence of "first person shooter" video games, I kinda doubt that boys in our society are in danger of becoming a zombie class of estrogen filled metrosexuals.

heavenlyboy34
04-04-2011, 11:16 AM
I'd argue that the State is an extension of the abusive family. As in an abusive and often tyrannical father figure who threatens you and uses violence against you if you ignore those threats. To question your Father is to question the very system of family! Just as it is unquestionable to question the State..oh wait.

Most who enter politics themselves were most likely abused as a child, that's where the draw comes from. The ability to be the father of not only one child, but a whole nation of children that must be watched over and punished severely when necessary.

Were Governments that came before the modern public schooling system any less tyrannical than our current Government? If not, then what effect does the public school system have to do with feminizing men? The public school system is about indoctrination and creating obedience to the State, not feminization which is only a current trend IMO.

Not only that, the government seeks to undermine the institution of the family by making prosperity more difficult for many people to achieve, thus forcing them onto welfare. In this way, the government becomes a surrogate parent. :(

Vessol
04-04-2011, 11:19 AM
Not only that, the government seeks to undermine the institution of the family by making prosperity more difficult for many people to achieve, thus forcing them onto welfare. In this way, the government becomes a surrogate parent. :(

Most definitely. Welfare is the number one reason why the divorce rate is so high and there are so many broken families. Before there used to be societal pressure for a father and mother to stay together to raise their children. Now, thanks to the well-intended, but ultimately self-destructive, intent of the State; welfare has destroyed those societal pressures.

acptulsa
04-04-2011, 11:19 AM

It certainly wreaked havoc on the 'one breadwinner, one homemaker' model of family life.

ChaosControl
04-04-2011, 11:26 AM
Honestly, I'm more concerned with women more masculine than men being less so.

Anti Federalist
04-04-2011, 11:38 AM
Completely agree^^^

Agreed as well.

Now, what I would like to know is: what is in the air/water/food/medicinal supply that is causing declining sperm counts/testosterone levels in men around the world, but particularly in the western nations?

This has been known for well over ten years now.

http://www.cqs.com/esperm.htm

Anti Federalist
04-04-2011, 11:40 AM

Yah, noticing that myself, many, many, "waman" running about.

acptulsa
04-04-2011, 11:44 AM
Women are men, men are women, brilliant people are helpless, strength is weakness, weakness is strength, war is peacemaking, nationbuilding is not imperialism, debt is money, investment is not savings, politicians are trustworthy, questioners are obfuscators, warhawks are peaceniks, and Newt's a man of God.

These people are proving the Ingsoc from 1984 to be a bunch of amateurs. I'm ready to go back through the Looking Glass to the sane side, myself.

Who can take public service announcements seriously and maintain their sanity?

scottditzen
04-04-2011, 11:50 AM
Agreed as well.

Now, what I would like to know is: what is in the air/water/food/medicinal supply that is causing declining sperm counts/testosterone levels in men around the world, but particularly in the western nations?

This has been known for well over ten years now.

http://www.cqs.com/esperm.htm

Water pollution alert:
http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/news/2005276/posts

scottditzen
04-04-2011, 11:53 AM

Hey Chaos, don't you think women were much much more masculine in the frontier days?

The women of today are more concerned with their nails or hair.

Today they are totally useless when you need them to plow the fields or defend against wolves.

Anti Federalist
04-04-2011, 11:54 AM
Women are men, men are women, brilliant people are helpless, strength is weakness, weakness is strength, war is peacemaking, nationbuilding is not imperialism, debt is money, investment is not savings, politicians are trustworthy, questioners are obfuscators, warhawks are peaceniks, and Newt's a man of God.

These people are proving the Ingsoc from 1984 to be a bunch of amateurs. I'm ready to go back through the Looking Glass to the sane side, myself.

Who can take public service announcements seriously and maintain their sanity?

What's that old saw about a one eyed man being king in the kingdom of the blind?

A king these days is a person that has maintained a shred of their sanity.

Anti Federalist
04-04-2011, 12:13 PM
Water pollution alert:
http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/news/2005276/posts

A very plausible cause.

Jack Bauer
04-04-2011, 12:14 PM
To be fair, that was said by a spy, which is like the least manly job in the military. I mean, the entire point of being a spy is to blend in with company that is your enemy and lie to them. Spies are basically professional liars. I am not saying that spying is necessarily wrong.

It is also the most risky job to do. Especially if you knew what sort of torture they used back in the day.

Perhaps you think that risking the rack or the headcrusher or the judas cradle is "unmanly" but I don't.

eduardo89
04-04-2011, 12:16 PM
Great thread. I completely agree with the OP and a lot of posts here.

Bump.

Vessol
04-04-2011, 12:19 PM
So what is manly and what is girlie?

Freedom 4 all
04-04-2011, 01:00 PM
To be fair, that was said by a spy, which is like the least manly job in the military.

Tell that to James Bond lol.

Seriously though, how boys are taught to deal with bullies is disgusting. Go snitch to the nearest teacher, don't dare solve your problems yourself. You're too weak, you need a big person to handle it. That's so freaking backwards. I'd teach the bullied to always fight back, even the bully is twice his size. Fighting a bully and losing will earn you a hell of a lot more respect than being a snitch or just taking it. And eventually they will stop picking on you because they respect you for standing up for yourself.

Vessol
04-04-2011, 01:03 PM
Tell that to James Bond lol.

Seriously though, how boys are taught to deal with bullies is disgusting. Go snitch to the nearest teacher, don't dare solve your problems yourself. You're too weak, you need a big person to handle it. That's so freaking backwards. I'd teach the bullied to always fight back, even the bully is twice his size. Fighting a bully and losing will earn you a hell of a lot more respect than being a snitch or just taking it. And eventually they will stop picking on you because they respect you for standing up for yourself.

Sorry. The playground isn't a Disney Movie.

When I did that in 7th grade, they decided they would throw me on the ground and then all take turns beating the living shit out of me instead of one of them at a time beating the shit out of me.

Bullies are just reflections of society. The biggest bully is the State. In your experiences, when you fight and stand up against the State, does the State say "Oh, well I respect you for standing up for yourself!" No, they respond with even more force to try to out-power and marginalize you.

Anti Federalist
04-04-2011, 01:27 PM
So what is manly and what is girlie?

Not being able to change a tire - girly.

Male pedicures - girly.

Dousing yourself with perfumes, colognes and such until you smell like a French whore in high summer - girly.

Vessol
04-04-2011, 01:29 PM

Male pedicures - girly.

Dousing yourself with perfumes, colognes and such until you smell like a French whore in high summer - girly.

That seems fairly subjective, but ok, I am 0/3 in girlie points so far. What about manly?

Anti Federalist
04-04-2011, 01:29 PM
Sorry. The playground isn't a Disney Movie.

When I did that in 7th grade, they decided they would throw me on the ground and then all take turns beating the living shit out of me instead of one of them at a time beating the shit out of me.

Bullies are just reflections of society. The biggest bully is the State. In your experiences, when you fight and stand up against the State, does the State say "Oh, well I respect you for standing up for yourself!" No, they respond with even more force to try to out-power and marginalize you.

Valid point.

I think the lesson to take away here is that, even if you know defeat and (when dealing with the state) death, is a likely outcome, you still stand your ground and fight, consequences be damned.

Anti Federalist
04-04-2011, 01:31 PM
That seems fairly subjective, but ok, I am 0/3 so far. What about manly?

LoL - I think one of the most important aspects of "manliness" you've already demonstrated:

An ability to put aside distractions, childish games and think objectively about serious issues that confront all of us.

dannno
04-04-2011, 01:32 PM
That seems fairly subjective, but ok, I am 0/3 in girlie points so far. What about manly?

Not just being able to survive alone out in the wilderness, but being able to do so while protecting a weak, dainty, beautiful young female and some children :confused:

Vessol
04-04-2011, 01:34 PM
LoL - I think one of the most important aspects of "manliness" you've already demonstrated:

An ability to put aside distractions, childish games and think objectively about serious issues that confront all of us.

Well I certainly hope that I eventually find a female like that. I don't know if that would make her masculine though..

acptulsa
04-04-2011, 01:35 PM

Ability to spot old cars: 20/10

Ability to see dirt: 20/4000

Anti Federalist
Here's an excellent website devoted to the subject:

http://artofmanliness.com/

heavenlyboy34

Male pedicures - girly.

Umm...I can't change a tire (well, a bike tire I can do), but I can weld and cut steel and tig weld aluminum. Does that compensate?

Vessol
04-04-2011, 01:38 PM
I dunno. I guess I've just always thought being proud of what sex organ is between your legs is pretty pointless.

Anti Federalist
04-04-2011, 01:42 PM
I dunno. I guess I've just always thought being proud of what sex organ is between your legs is pretty pointless.

That has little to do with it.

It's a mindset, a way of approaching things, a way of viewing the world based on how you, as a human being, are "hard wired".

Manly = http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?279593-Lessons-in-Manliness-from-the-Egyptian-Revolution-A-quot-Must-Read-quot-!

heavenlyboy34
04-04-2011, 01:44 PM
Here's an excellent website devoted to the subject:

http://artofmanliness.com/

That is an awesome site ^^ :cool:

Vessol
04-04-2011, 01:44 PM
That has little to do with it.

It's a mindset, a way of approaching things, a way of viewing the world based on how you, as a human being, are "hard wired".

But my penis nor my XY chromosomes have nothing to do with the fact that I am against hierarchical, authoritarian, and involuntary systems.

Anti Federalist
04-04-2011, 01:47 PM
But my penis nor my XY chromosomes have nothing to do with the fact that I am against hierarchical, authoritarian, and involuntary systems.

I think it does.

I know I'll clobbered over this, but look at the statistics.

Look how consistently women support/vote for an increase in the safety/nanny/welfare state as opposed to men.

Vessol
04-04-2011, 01:56 PM
I think it does.

I know I'll clobbered over this, but look at the statistics.

Look how consistently women support/vote for an increase in the safety/nanny/welfare state as opposed to men.

I'd say that has to do more with cultural upbringing than actual genes. More blacks tend to support/vote for a large government, that doesn't necessarily mean that blacks are genetically prone to support large government. It's about culture and upbringing.

I don't really tend to understand the idea of trying to be masculine, I just try to be me. But then again, considering each and every romantic relationship I've had has thus far has been extremely negative and fallen apart, I can't really say that I have it the right way of things in this discussion :P. I could certainly stand to gain if I was to ignore my mental asexuality and embrace my masculine biology.

Rothbardian Girl
04-04-2011, 02:06 PM

I honestly agree... I don't put much stock in gender identity, really. The only time where my gender really comes into play for me is like, during literary analysis and things like that. Also, and this is sure to cause some controversy here, I don't really agree that there are "traditional gender roles" or anything like that either. What I mean is, gender shouldn't be a limitation on a person's feelings or goals in life.

The whole emphasis on reclaiming one's "manliness" or "femininity" is bullshit IMHO, as well as the people who want to kind of eschew their feminine or masculine traits just to fit in with pop culture or whatever. I would just aim to do whatever comes naturally.

fisharmor
04-04-2011, 02:17 PM
Umm...I can't change a tire (well, a bike tire I can do), but I can weld and cut steel and tig weld aluminum. Does that compensate?

Not unless you're cutting steel with your teeth, no it doesn't.
And now you're on the hook for changing your own brakes.
:P

Seriously though, how boys are taught to deal with bullies is disgusting. Go snitch to the nearest teacher, don't dare solve your problems yourself.

As far as I can tell my daughter's preschool teachers have been telling the kids in her class that all disagreements are to be taken to the teacher.
Not fights. Four-year-old shit like "he took my toy".
She's getting straightened out, and even announced to the teacher recently that her poppa said she's not allowed to talk to her until she tells the other kid she didn't like what happened.
It's not just boys. And yes, I am enjoying sending subversive messages to a preschool, in case you were wondering.

The biggest bully is the State.

A good concealed carry course will spell this out to you.
If you carry a gun, and you have to use it, you're likely not going home that night. You're definitely not seeing that gun ever again. If you don't spend the night in jail it'll be divine providence, because the people who you are mandated to call after you defend your life are interested in one thing only: keeping your ass locked up.

If there's one thing I've figured out, it's that you never get in fights.
If I'm threatened, I'm going from calm directly to shooting. There's not going to be a transition.
There may come a day when I need to put hot lead in someone, and I'm not gonna be trying to cripple him. But I'm sure as hell not looking for a reason to do it.
Even getting into a situation where they're kicking the crap out of me is still asking for the cops to get involved, and when they show up, in case you haven't picked up on this yet, they won't be looking for justice, they'll be looking to put my ass in a cage.

Fuck manliness. Run. If you can't run, shoot until he stops. Then lie face down on the ground and hope that they don't shoot you anyway when they show up.

Fox McCloud
04-04-2011, 02:20 PM
I blame schools concept of "not discriminating" against anyone for whatever form and attempting to shove everyone into a mold, despite everyone being an individual.

"The spirit of non-discrimination ends you right up in compulsory bisexuality." -Walter Block

heavenlyboy34
04-04-2011, 02:36 PM
Not unless you're cutting steel with your teeth, no it doesn't.
And now you're on the hook for changing your own brakes.
:P

I meant in terms of "manliness"...I was asking if my welding/metal work abilities cancels out my lack of tire changing abilities.

heavenlyboy34
04-04-2011, 02:37 PM
I blame schools concept of "not discriminating" against anyone for whatever form and attempting to shove everyone into a mold, despite everyone being an individual.

"The spirit of non-discrimination ends you right up in compulsory bisexuality." -Walter Block

+rep :cool:

Tal
04-04-2011, 02:51 PM
I have noticed this trend also in alot of boys attending school in Denmark, most of them look like Justin Bieber and it makes my skin crawl.

I think its caused by a combination of a highly anti-masculinity school system and enviromental pollution in the form of estrogen from birth control pills in the water supply and maybe also estrogen in milk (I read about estrogen levels in cow milk being high since they were kept perpetually pregnant these cows).

I am not 100% sure what is wrong, but I know something is very very wrong with our current society, something is poisoning these young boys.

Vessol
04-04-2011, 02:58 PM
Boys are dressing up like Justin Bieber because they believe that will get the attention of womenfolk, and most likely they are spot on. Just how like men in the 1950's would try to dress up like James Dean which I am sure many older men scoffed at and remarked at how stupid it was. Imagine a kid trying to dress up like James Dean in today's schools, everyone would think it was a joke and laugh at him. The same will be true in 10-20 years with Justin Bieber. Men used to powder themselves with chalk and douse themselves with pefume while layering on tons of layers of clothes.

Again, cultural trends. Public schools are horrible individual-destroying sausage machines, but they are not there to "feminize" the populace. Compulsory Public Schools have been around for 200+ years, and I'm sure that many of you don't start your count of when the "feminization" started all the way back then.

Schools teach discrimination. They teach discrimination of ideas and beliefs. You must conform within their set criteria of intellectual beliefs in order to at least attempt to progress.

Rothbardian Girl
04-04-2011, 03:00 PM
Boys are dressing up like Justin Bieber because they believe that will get the attention of womenfolk, and most likely they are spot on. Just how like men in the 1950's would try to dress up like James Dean which I am sure many older men scoffed at and remarked at how stupid it was. Imagine a kid trying to dress up like James Dean in today's schools, everyone would think it was a joke and laugh at him. The same will be true in 10-20 years with Justin Bieber. Men used to powder themselves with chalk and douse themselves with pefume while layering on tons of layers of clothes.

Again, cultural trends. Public schools are horrible individual-destroying sausage machines, but they are not there to "feminize" the populace. Compulsory Public Schools have been around for 200+ years, and I'm sure that many of you don't start your count of when the "feminization" started all the way back then.

Nice post. Clearly summed up the point I was trying to make, too.

Tal
04-04-2011, 03:11 PM

James Dean was a million times more manly than Justin Bieber is and even the people that used to powder themselves in the 17th century still managed to look like men with it on, they still had manly cheekbones for example, even with all that powder on.

Compare that to Justin Bieber with his non-existant cheek bones and very girly looking face:

http://i617.photobucket.com/albums/tt259/Kasper0007/Bieber1.jpg

^That aint normal, and I dont think its just a trend, something is poisoning these boys from a hormonal level I think (or maybe schools are just ''educating'' all their manliness out of them).

Vessol
04-04-2011, 03:14 PM
James Dean was a million times more manly that Justin Bieber is and even the people that used to powder themselves in the 17th still managed to look like men with it on, they still had manly cheekbones for example, even with all that powder on.

Compare that to Justin Bieber with his non-existant cheek bones and very girly looking face:

^That aint normal, and I dont think its just a trend, something is poisoning these boys from a hormonal level I think.

Again, it's subjective. Judge all you want, but I imagine as those boys are fitting in with cultural trends that they will have much more successful attempts at romance then men who do not attempt to fit into cultural trends.

So you don't think there were boys with non-existent cheek bones and in-distinctive jawlines before the modern era?

http://faculty.arts.ubc.ca/rfedoruk/dress_decor/images/Neoclass_dress/Dir_Empire/1820_male_tn.jpg

Doesn't really scream "manly" to me.

Tal
04-04-2011, 03:25 PM
^Im sure that if you look long enough you will be able to find some femi-boy from the 18th century with a hormonal problem, I doubt they were as prevalent as they are today though.

Vessol
04-04-2011, 03:27 PM
^Im sure that if you look long enough you will be able to find some femi-boy from the 18th century with a hormonal problem, I doubt they were as prevalent as they are today though.

Do you have any proof for your claims? Again, I hate putting the burden of truth on people, but those are pretty extraordinary claims.

There's also the problem that the picture you took is a cropped picture that has been airbrushed not to mention that he's a freaking kid. I looked him up, and found plenty of pictures where he looks exactly like any young man. Sorry, most men don't have massive strong jaws and jutting cheekbones by the age of 16.

scottditzen
04-04-2011, 03:28 PM
This is an interesting thread. My wife is an educator, so teaching and school quality are every day topics in my house.

I had a very liberal education in NJ. Super liberal. Each year in grade school we had to watch these trippy programs like, "if you're a guy it's okay to play with dolls" and the like.

Since it was the 70's and I had just moved from California, I kinda liked these specials because I had long hair like a girl lol. Every other boy in school looked like they were from the 50's, but all my clothes were all flowery.

Anyhow, I just don't think those shows are capable of changing anyone for the worse. As I remember, me and all of the other boys in my classes played sports, liked girls, threw rocks and got into tons of fights like normal.

That is normal, right?

So me personally, I wouldn't overreact and send my kids to military school if the admins happen to be goofy liberals. Or if they make the students watch educational shows inspired by acid.

William Wants a Doll
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lshobg1Wt2M&feature=related

Intro Showing Cast
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_26FOHoaC78

Standing Like A Rock
04-04-2011, 03:44 PM
This is probably the best point in the article:
"I would like to endorse a third model of masculinity. This biblical model defines mature masculinity as "a sense of benevolent responsibility to lead, provide for and protect women in ways appropriate to a man's differing relationships" with the opposite sex. This biblical model assumes a number of things to be true about gender. First of all, God created men and women to complement each other. Both are equally valuable to God and His kingdom, but each have different God-given roles. Second, it looks to the servant leadership model depicted by Christ's role as head of the church, for which He suffered and died."

Theocrat
04-04-2011, 03:57 PM
Completely agree^^^

I hate to say this, but the feminization of our American culture really started in the Church, when men relegated their leadership responsibilities to women with the errors of Unitarian liberal theology, starting in New England in the 1800s. From there, feminization seeped into the homes when men became derelict of their fatherly duties to educate and provide for their families, and then it was inculcated into our educational institutions.

One theologian put it like this: "There were women in the pulpits before there were women in the cockpits." I think he makes an excellent point there.

Vessol
This is probably the best point in the article:

I should read articles that OP posts more often..

See. I like that definition of masculinity. It's clear and precise. It isn't some subjective crap such as "knowing how to change a tire" or "lots of chest hair".

Sola_Fide
Really, in the era of Grand Theft Auto and the prevalence of "first person shooter" video games, I kinda doubt that boys in our society are in danger of becoming a zombie class of estrogen filled metrosexuals.

The rise of violence in boys is a consequence of declining masculinity.

Sola_Fide
04-04-2011, 03:59 PM
I hate to say this, but the feminization of our American culture really started in the Church, when men relegated their leadership responsibilities to women with the errors of Unitarian liberal theology, starting in New England in the 1800s. From there, feminization seeped into the homes when men became derelict of their fatherly duties to educate and provide for their families, and then it was inculcated into our educational institutions.

One theologian put it like this: "There were women in the pulpits before there were women in the cockpits." I think he makes an excellent point there.

Yes.

Social movements always start as theological movements anyway, be they good or bad.

zade
04-04-2011, 04:02 PM
The rise of violence in boys is a consequence of declining masculinity.

How do you figure that? It's always seemed to me that a lot of violent, aggressive guys are macho assholes overcome by obsolete biological instincts trying to assert their alpha male status

MelissaWV
04-04-2011, 04:03 PM
It would be nice if people were whatever they want to be.

Schools don't like that.

I wonder what will become of me without a man to provide for and educate me? Shall I die of the vapors? How will I ever be protected and sheltered? :p The fact is that the type of guy described throughout this thread has a definite place in the world, but it also shouldn't seesaw back that way too far.

Theocrat
04-04-2011, 04:05 PM

I would recommend this book as required reading for all young boys going through the public schools (maybe put it in the Social Sciences curriculum):

http://www.canonpress.org/store/pc/catalog/1885767837.jpg (http://www.canonpress.org/store/pc/viewPrd.asp?idproduct=249&idcategory=139)

MelissaWV
04-04-2011, 04:13 PM
Nothing manlier than two boys in shorts groping one another while others watch from the nearby watering hole?

heavenlyboy34
04-04-2011, 04:15 PM
Nothing manlier than two boys in shorts groping one another while others watch from the nearby watering hole?

lolz!! :)

Vessol
04-04-2011, 04:16 PM

http://i1012.photobucket.com/albums/af247/ladypandora16/Gifs/54wyu9.gif

Theocrat
04-04-2011, 04:21 PM

[lol] They're wrestling, milady.

IDefendThePlatform
04-04-2011, 04:41 PM

I agree. If we can end the government stranglehold on education then there would be a lot more innovation and a lot less emphasis on conformity.