PDA

View Full Version : Ron Paul Limos

Eli
10-25-2007, 03:06 AM
I got this idea today and I made a few phone calls. Looks like I'm going to be able to pull it off.

I'm reserving 5 limos on the day of the primaries in my state. They'll have signs on them encouraging people to jump in and get a free ride to go vote for ron paul. They'll be shuttling voters all day and driving around town.

It should only cost me about $100 per limo for the day and they said it would be fine if i put in ron paul dvd's on the tvs to play. I'll try to work up some kind of flyer to post around town before hand telling people of the free limo rides for ron paul and I'll put in an extra phone line in my office to make reservations. The reservations won't be entirely necessary except for the first couple but the people riding will be encouraged to have the driver go and pick up their friends and family along the way and I'll have a hotline open so anyone wanting a ride to the ballot boxes can call in with the place to pick them up.

The way I see it is, a limo can fit quite a few people and draws quite a bit more attention around town than any other car. So hopefully that'll fire up a few peeps who would be up for the opportunity. I'll just keep the drivers on the horn and encourage them to pick up as many people, including people walking on the streets and waiting in traffic along the way. Fill it then go pick up some more :)

I'm kinda patting myself on the back for this idea, I think it may just spring up an even higher turnout for ron paul and maybe even make a few last minute conversions and if god willing, some local news. Although I'm in a closed primary state, which complicates things, I think this idea may work even better in open primaries.

I'll get the rest of the details and come up with a definitive plan, but if it seems to go smoothly any ideas on how to get this to the meetup groups?

ValidusCustodiae
10-25-2007, 04:43 AM
Bump this is a great idea, best way to get up with meetup groups is to go to meetup.com and browse.

There are like over 10 thousand of them, you know, LOL!

Geronimo
10-25-2007, 04:45 AM
That's a great idea, Eli!

any ideas on how to get this to the meetup groups?

Have you joined one yet?

rs3515
10-25-2007, 04:47 AM
Join your local meetup group and email the organizer ... it will spread like wildfire! Good idea!

ladyliberty
10-25-2007, 05:35 AM
Excellent Idea! God Bless You!

SwooshOU
10-25-2007, 05:36 AM
You rock!

ConstitutionGal
10-25-2007, 05:49 AM
Eli,

Are the limo companies Dr. Paul supporters? I'm curious because around here limo go for $100.00 AN HOUR and up. I do the website of several limo companies around here and might be able to get a reduced rate to copy your idea but I don't think I could talk them down to $100 a day so I'm really dying to know how you accomplished it.

constituent
10-25-2007, 05:51 AM
that is a brilliant idea, true genius.

have you setup a phone bank for people to call-in if they need a ride?

wgadget
10-25-2007, 05:53 AM
Make sure to drive past a lot of nursing homes.

constituent
10-25-2007, 05:54 AM

better be handicap accessible. seriously.

Eli
10-25-2007, 11:34 AM
thanks, I'll do some pricing around other areas, because I know it changes quite a bit. Does anyone know how long the typical voting booths are open on primary day?

McDermit
10-25-2007, 11:42 AM
Eli,

Are the limo companies Dr. Paul supporters? I'm curious because around here limo go for $100.00 AN HOUR and up. I do the website of several limo companies around here and might be able to get a reduced rate to copy your idea but I don't think I could talk them down to $100 a day so I'm really dying to know how you accomplished it.

Seriously! $75/hr min + tax and grats.

$100/day won't even cover the cost of the gas!

Santana28
10-25-2007, 11:52 AM
Don't forget to hang out in high school parking lots at lunchtime and when school is letting out ;) You know that whole peer pressure thing. Lots of 18 year old seniors to convert!

Primbs
10-25-2007, 12:02 PM
You can also get RV owners to drive around on election day.

Exponent
10-25-2007, 12:27 PM
One complication would be people who want a two-way trip (which I suspect would be most people). Picking people up while wandering somewhat randomly and then shuttling them to the polling location is one thing, but then transporting them back very much non-randomly might interfere a bit more with the wandering and picking up, especially if there are multiple people wanting to be returned to a variety of locations. Might be a problem that could be dealt with (perhaps easily, even), but something to keep in mind in case it would end up as a significant issue.

Question_Authority
10-25-2007, 01:08 PM
One complication would be people who want a two-way trip (which I suspect would be most people). Picking people up while wandering somewhat randomly and then shuttling them to the polling location is one thing, but then transporting them back very much non-randomly might interfere a bit more with the wandering and picking up, especially if there are multiple people wanting to be returned to a variety of locations. Might be a problem that could be dealt with (perhaps easily, even), but something to keep in mind in case it would end up as a significant issue.

I thought of that too. And different people will need to vote at different locations depending on which ward or district they live in. Then they may need to wait in line for..who knows how long? And they will need a ride home.

Sounds like a great idea but may not be feasible. Also, no guarantee they will vote for Paul.

If you can work all this out, I would make sure you have someone from a local meetup group in each limo to make sure the driver is doing what he is supposed to be doing! Also, pics and videos would be good to get.

stevedasbach
10-25-2007, 02:40 PM

FYI: Currently Ron Paul isn't polling well in the oldest demographic group.

Eli
10-25-2007, 03:34 PM
i don't forsee the drop offs as being too much of a problem. Everytime the limo drops off a group at the booths they can also pick people up that want a ride home. I agree with getting someone from the meetup groups in each vehicle just to help convince ppl to vote for him, along with the dvds that should be enough to convert most undecideds or ppl who weren't planning on voting that day. Pricing shouldn't be too bad because A) your not renting them on any special day like prom. B) Your renting in bulk. and with the districts i could put one or two limos on each district, although my town is relatively small.