PDA

View Full Version : Sheriff's deputy shoots dangerous Chihuahua, three times, then resigns.

Anti Federalist
04-03-2011, 08:44 PM
Shooting a Chihuahua...

In it's cage...

After shooting (at) it twice before!!!

Sheriff's deputy resigns after shooting pet dog

Posted: Mar 31, 2011 8:33 PM CDT
Updated: Apr 01, 2011 9:37 AM CDT
By Christy Millweard .

http://www.kfvs12.com/Global/story.asp?S=14362367#

BOLLINGER COUNTY, MO (KFVS) - A Bollinger County deputy resigned after an incident at a domestic violence call goes awry.

Sheriff Leo McElrath says Deputy Kelly Barks arrested the man at the scene, and then got his permission to search the residence.

When Barks went inside, she saw the man's three dogs growling at her. She thought one of them bit her, shot him, and went outside. After realizing she was fine, she went back into the residence where McElrath says the dog was still acting aggressive, so she shot him again. The dog then went into his kennel, where she shot and killed him.

But the aggressive dog, probably isn't what you would think.

"When I found out the dog that was shot was a Chihuahua, I really was upset," said McElrath.

Anti Federalist
04-03-2011, 08:46 PM
Oh, and of course:

Don't call cops.

If cops do show up, Invoke and Shut. The. Fuck. Up.

heavenlyboy34
04-03-2011, 08:48 PM
what a brave cop/stormtrooper! Everyone knows how dangerous those Chiuauas are! /sarcasm

bruce leeroy
04-03-2011, 08:48 PM
well, I gotta say its hard not to like someone who shoots those annoying little fuckers

Anti Federalist
04-03-2011, 09:01 PM
If all the cops are to believed in these stories, then what is it that sets these dogs off when they see a cop?

Their own innate instinctual response that "this person is a bad guy and I will defend my master with my life"?

AFPVet
04-03-2011, 09:26 PM
WTF is with cops shooting dogs? Seriously... is this some new rage issue? I mean they shoot dogs more than people now!

MelissaWV
04-03-2011, 09:30 PM
Is it wrong that I thought...

And the Lord spake, saying, "First shalt thou take out the Holy Police-Issued weapon. Then shalt thou count to three, no more, no less. Three shall be the number thou shalt count, and the number of the counting shall be three. Four shalt thou not count, neither count thou two, excepting that thou then proceed to three. Five is right out. Once the number three, being the third number, be reached, then shootest thou thy Holy Police-Issued weapon towards thy foe, who, being naughty in my sight, shall snuff it.

Mach
04-03-2011, 09:37 PM
WTF is with cops shooting dogs? Seriously... is this some new rage issue? I mean they shoot dogs more than people now!

They're just practicing, they are being trained more militaristically than ever, and when you get that brainwashed it comes out sooner or later in one way or the other... it's called a Police State - Phase 1.

BuddyRey
04-03-2011, 09:50 PM
My favorite packmate is a Corgi-Chihuahua mix, meaning he's a combination of two of the police's favorite breeds to slaughter, on average. I worry nearly every day about something like this happening to him.

w2992
04-03-2011, 09:54 PM
Like the Waco ops they shoot the family dog to get everyone angry

AFPVet
04-03-2011, 09:55 PM
They're just practicing, they are being trained more militaristically than ever, and when you get that brainwashed it comes out sooner or later in one way or the other... it's called a Police State - Phase 1.

It wasn't like this when I was a cop... that was only a few years ago.

heavenlyboy34
04-03-2011, 10:04 PM

And the Lord spake, saying, "First shalt thou take out the Holy Police-Issued weapon. Then shalt thou count to three, no more, no less. Three shall be the number thou shalt count, and the number of the counting shall be three. Four shalt thou not count, neither count thou two, excepting that thou then proceed to three. Five is right out. Once the number three, being the third number, be reached, then shootest thou thy Holy Police-Issued weapon towards thy foe, who, being naughty in my sight, shall snuff it.
Paraphrasing Monty Python flicks in your head while reading an RPF thread about shot dogs? Hmm...I wonder what's going on between your ears! :);)

Anti Federalist
04-03-2011, 10:14 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xOrgLj9lOwk

Anti Federalist
04-04-2011, 11:00 AM
///

Nate-ForLiberty
04-04-2011, 11:02 AM
an officer named "Barks" shot a dog......

Freedom 4 all
04-04-2011, 11:22 AM
Fuck I hate cops when I hear these stories. Michael Vick has more compassion for animals that these fuckers. Also, I know this isn't the point of the story but what the hell kind of gun was she using that it took 3 WHOLE SHOTS to kill a CHIHUAHUA?! I could probably take one of those things out with a paintball or pellet gun, or like you know, a light kick.

123tim
04-04-2011, 11:29 AM
Then there's this:

Retz says it can be very difficult to tell the difference between a dog who is angry that you are on his or her territory, and a dog that has rabies.

RM918
04-04-2011, 11:30 AM
Really? That's it? They show up for whatever reason, and the slightest accusation of the dog being 'aggressive' gives them all the reason in the world to put them down?

Invi
04-04-2011, 11:46 AM
Those Chihuahuas, man, let me tell you they can do some SUPER SRS damage through your cop uniform and what-not. :|
With their five pound bodies and widdle puppy-dog teef.

Oh wait. Supposed to be vicious. Right.
TERRIFYING NEEDLE TEETH OF DOOM IN A CONVENIENTLY FOOTBALL SIZED MONSTER.

Nate-ForLiberty
04-04-2011, 11:48 AM
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_maBfo7TdlMA/SeH759GHkwI/AAAAAAAABU0/TACFRVDNT3c/s400/Killer.jpg

Philhelm
04-04-2011, 12:01 PM
When I was in Iraq (2003-2004) we had to guard a bridge which we had placed, and had remained in that location for approximately a month. On the side of the bank I was guarding, there was a pack of wild fucking dogs, which included the father, mother, and four puppies. I like dogs to begin with, but there were also weapons and grenades that the Iraqi military had dropped before fleeing, which were a few hundred yards from the location we were at. Of course, we weren't allowed to go secure those, and had to wait for EOD to take care of it (wtf?). So, having a few sets of canine ears was a nice thing to have at night...just in case someone decided to snoop around.

In any case, we befriended the wild fucking dogs, and had fed them MREs. Despite this, there was one instance in which the male dog started approaching me, while growling, and had started to leap at me. Of course, since I had an M-16 I just filled it full of lead. Oh wait, no, I didn't. What I did was put my M-16 out with both hands as a barrier, just in case it tried to bite, stood my ground, stared it down, and said, "No!!! Bad dog!!!" It eventually backed down and didn't give me anymore problems. I don't think it was going to bite me, but it had advanced on me aggressively all the same. I still didn't feel the need to shoot or harm him, despite the fact that he was a wild fucking dog.

Anti Federalist
04-04-2011, 12:22 PM
When I was in Iraq (2003-2004) we had to guard a bridge which we had placed, and had remained in that location for approximately a month. On the side of the bank I was guarding, there was a pack of wild fucking dogs, which included the father, mother, and four puppies. I like dogs to begin with, but there were also weapons and grenades that the Iraqi military had dropped before fleeing, which were a few hundred yards from the location we were at. Of course, we weren't allowed to go secure those, and had to wait for EOD to take care of it (wtf?). So, having a few sets of canine ears was a nice thing to have at night...just in case someone decided to snoop around.

In any case, we befriended the wild fucking dogs, and had fed them MREs. Despite this, there was one instance in which the male dog started approaching me, while growling, and had started to leap at me. Of course, since I had an M-16 I just filled it full of lead. Oh wait, no, I didn't. What I did was put my M-16 out with both hands as a barrier, just in case it tried to bite, stood my ground, stared it down, and said, "No!!! Bad dog!!!" It eventually backed down and didn't give me anymore problems. I don't think it was going to bite me, but it had advanced on me aggressively all the same. I still didn't feel the need to shoot or harm him, despite the fact that he was a wild fucking dog.

Probably a fairly large wild fucking dog as well.

Nevertheless, how dare you question our benevolent protectors, don't you know mugger-rapers and father-stabbers would kill you in 2.3 nanoseconds if not for the brave boys in blue protecting your ass every day???

Damn mundanes...

Icymudpuppy
04-04-2011, 12:27 PM
I deal with wild and domestic animals every day as a professional trapper. I have only ever had to shoot an animal once. It was an otter and it was attacking my terrier, and I wasn't able to get between them.

I have never been attacked myself, although animals act aggressively toward me every day. Usually because they feel threatened by me, and rightfully so. I incite a fight/flight response in every wild, or alpha domestic, animal I encounter. (beta domestics show their belly immediately) I always give them the opportunity to flee, and they always take it, usually right into my traps. Preparation is key. I have not yet encountered any animal save cougars and bears that pose any real threat to me bare handed.

speciallyblend
04-04-2011, 12:35 PM

puppy lover, get'em!!!^^^^^^^^ writing this as my lil chihuahua is sleeping near my groin area, i am scared to death he might wake and bite my balls off!! oo shit he is growling now, i am scared!

squarepusher
04-04-2011, 12:46 PM

you'll never get hired as a police officer now!

speciallyblend
04-04-2011, 12:51 PM
bada bing bada bing^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Krugerrand
04-04-2011, 12:57 PM
youtube;xOrgLj9lOwk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xOrgLj9lOwk

Thanks, AF. I didn't know what MelissaWV was talking about! :o

Philhelm
04-04-2011, 01:01 PM
Probably a fairly large wild fucking dog as well.

It was a medium-large dog, perhaps about two feet tall at the shoulder, but very lean. Definitely wasn't an ankle-biter, and I wouldn't want to get bitten.

Nevertheless, how dare you question our benevolent protectors, don't you know mugger-rapers and father-stabbers would kill you in 2.3 nanoseconds if not for the brave boys in blue protecting your ass every day???

I'm an ungrateful bastard, and need to be re-educated. I can't help but think that these cops shoot dogs so willingly because they have an innate desire to shoot something legally. If they can't kill a human, then an animal is the next best thing. I'm reminded of a video in which an officer says something like "Good kill!" or "Good shot!" or whatever, when another officer shot a dog in someone's yard.

AFPVet
04-04-2011, 01:04 PM
I am surprised that animal organizations haven't taken on police departments yet.

heavenlyboy34
04-04-2011, 01:08 PM
I am surprised that animal organizations haven't taken on police departments yet.

Perhaps someone should forward PETA some vids of cops killing/maming pets? ;)

Krugerrand
04-04-2011, 01:08 PM

PETA's main objective if to control people's behaviors. The "save the animals" mantra is just the means to make that happen. They can't turn on the police because they are counting on them for the behavior controls they want to implement.

Anti Federalist
04-04-2011, 01:11 PM
PETA's main objective if to control people's behaviors. The "save the animals" mantra is just the means to make that happen. They can't turn on the police because they are counting on them for the behavior controls they want to implement.

That ^^^

heavenlyboy34
04-04-2011, 01:21 PM

'nuff said. :cool:

daviddee
04-04-2011, 01:26 PM

Anti Federalist
04-04-2011, 01:44 PM
This article motivated me, after a long time, to try to do something about this... today.

I just setup a new domain and blog. The blog will accept news articles such as these and promote this issue.

NEEDED: Someone to do a header for a wordpress blog and choose a ready made theme that will work with the site. If you are graphically inclined, care about this issue, and can do a header for this project please post here.

The site is: http://www.DOGHOMICIDE.COM

I am not looking to be touchy feely and skirt around the topic. The header should be graphic and should show our storm troopers in full action.

"Dedicated To The Brave Men and Women of Law Enforcement"

The blog was just put online a few minutes ago and I am working on collecting as many articles as I can and hope to have as many online as possible in the next 24 hours.

This deserves it's own thread.

heavenlyboy34
04-04-2011, 01:45 PM
This deserves it's own thread.
+a zillion

Freedom 4 all
04-04-2011, 08:21 PM

Yeah I wouldn't trust them.

Anti Federalist
04-04-2011, 08:22 PM
///

Brooklyn Red Leg
04-04-2011, 10:40 PM
I have not yet encountered any animal save cougars that pose any real threat to me bare handed.

Well, Cougars are only a real threat to you when you're bare naked.....:D

As to the OP, yea, more 'Protect and Serve' fuckery.

Carehn
04-04-2011, 10:46 PM

Sick people often are found mutilating animals.

Think about what kind of person you would have to be to be a cop, Or TSA. I mean would you stick your hand down some 9 year old girls pants??? No you would quit 1st. Now what kind of army do you suppose they have left when all the thinking reasonable humans quit?

Pericles
04-04-2011, 11:47 PM

You had an encounter with a wild fucking dog and both survived? NO WAY;)

Pics, or it didn't happen:)

JK/SEA
04-05-2011, 12:47 AM
Here's one.

http://www.waterlandblog.com/2010/11/11/owner-of-shot-dog-says-senseless-police-shooting-killed-wonderful-dog/

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9H2icH9SIZQ

BamaAla
04-05-2011, 01:13 AM
an officer named "Barks" shot a dog......

+1 I read this and thought to myself "this bitch is named Barks?" Talk about cruel irony.

DamianTV
04-05-2011, 01:34 AM
... Kelly Barks ...

Is this a joke gone awry?

devil21
04-05-2011, 01:48 AM
Shoot my dog and popo better hope he or she spends more time at the range than me.

Philhelm
04-05-2011, 01:53 AM
You had an encounter with a wild fucking dog and both survived? NO WAY;)

Pics, or it didn't happen:)

I might have pics of the dogs. I know I have a pic of at least one of the puppies, but I'd have to dig to find the others. I also have a pic of me feeding ducks. I was such a slovenly soldja! (Damn, I couldn't find a YouTube clip of "Zulu" with the Colour-Sergeant saying, "Slovenly soldja!")

Pericles
04-05-2011, 10:32 AM
I might have pics of the dogs. I know I have a pic of at least one of the puppies, but I'd have to dig to find the others. I also have a pic of me feeding ducks. I was such a slovenly soldja! (Damn, I couldn't find a YouTube clip of "Zulu" with the Colour-Sergeant saying, "Slovenly soldja!")

I think that remark is from CPL Allen, not C/SGT Bourne - not that I'm a fan of the movie or anything like that :)

And put your tunic on!