PDA

View Full Version : Rand Paul Mocks Newt Gingrich: 'He Has More Positions Than He Has Wives'

JCLibertarian
04-03-2011, 08:39 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=62j93NbLL7U&feature=feedf

sofia
04-03-2011, 08:53 PM
i understand Newt dumped his first wife when she had cancer

Mach
04-03-2011, 09:02 PM
That was a good one, not to mention, true.

Isn't it funny that an audience consisting of the media (MSM) sit around and give it a nice long ooooooo....... they were probably taking notes.

QueenB4Liberty
04-03-2011, 09:05 PM
haha fantastic!

TIMB0B
04-04-2011, 02:17 AM
Will this come back to bite him?

AtomiC
04-04-2011, 02:26 AM
I lol'd

acptulsa
04-04-2011, 07:30 AM
Will this come back to bite him?

Already has. Everyone in the whole country who think Newt is the Second Coming and are internet savvy enough to dig up this news now hate Rand. All three of them.

Meanwhile, lots of people are learning what a maverick looks like. And McCain doesn't fit the description.

Travlyr
04-04-2011, 07:35 AM
Rand is impressive! ;)

outspoken
04-04-2011, 07:38 AM
I think it is great that not only does he have a sharp mind but he also has a the sense of humor to go with... killer combo.

Koz
04-04-2011, 07:45 AM
Hilarious, and true.

johnrocks
04-04-2011, 07:45 AM
That was funny but I loved this more...

""There's a big debate going on over at Fox News. It's really messed up, I mean they don't know what to do," said Paul, a "tea party" darling and the son of Rep. Ron Paul (R-Texas). "They just really can't decide over at Fox News. It's like, what do they love more, bombing the Middle East or bashing the president? It's like, I was over there and there was an anchor going -- they were pleading, they were pleading -- 'please, please, please, can't we do both? Can't we bomb the Middle East and bash the president at the same time? How are we going to make this work?

With friends like these, who needs Democrats?"
http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/washington/2011/03/rand-paul-on-newt-gingrich-he-has-more-positions-than-he-has-wives-.html

rolle
04-04-2011, 08:25 AM
I'm starting to really like this guy.

Isn't there some bad blood between Ron and Newt? I vaguely remember that Newt tried to keep Ron from being elected in the 90's.

Is there any truth to this?

acptulsa
04-04-2011, 08:30 AM
"With friends like these, who needs Democrats?"

With 'friends' like Rupert, who, indeed, needs Democrats? We can get wars started without them. But then, they do provide good cover with all this hopey changey b.s. Nothing like having a war come from so far out in Left Field that even the most dedicated ass kickers don't know whether to be happy in the bloodshed or not.

specsaregood
04-04-2011, 08:36 AM
Isn't there some bad blood between Ron and Newt? I vaguely remember that Newt tried to keep Ron from being elected in the 90's.
Is there any truth to this?

I don't know if Ron would consider it "bad blood". But yeah....
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ron_Paul#1996_campaign

The Republicans got a democrat to switch parties and run against Ron. Then they all endorsed and backed the ex-democrat to the hilt.

In 1996, Paul was re-elected to Congress after the toughest campaign race he had faced since the 1970s. As Republicans had taken over both houses of Congress in the 1994 election, Paul entered the race hopeful that his Constitutionalist policies of tax cuts, closing federal agencies, and curbing the U.N. would have broader support than in the past.[51] The Republican National Committee focused instead on encouraging Democrats to switch parties, as Paul's primary opponent, incumbent Greg Laughlin, had done in 1995. The party threw its full weight behind Laughlin, including support from House Speaker Newt Gingrich, Texas Governor George W. Bush, and the National Rifle Association. Paul responded by running newspaper ads quoting Gingrich's harsh criticisms of Laughlin's Democratic voting record 14 months earlier.[17] Paul won the primary with support from baseball pitcher, constituent, and friend Nolan Ryan (as honorary campaign chair and ad spokesman), as well as tax activist Steve Forbes[8] and conservative commentator Pat Buchanan (both of whom had run presidential campaigns that year).

silentshout
04-04-2011, 10:00 AM
So true.

TheTyke
04-04-2011, 10:07 AM
Believe I heard Gingrich lined up 56+ Republican reps against Ron also... as Speaker he actively worked to bully/threaten any constitutionalist who wouldn't the party agenda, and they were probably hoping to make an example out of Ron. Fools...

Edit: There is so much history involved in this political struggle... it reminds me of a great saga or something.. with the son being the champion that finally brings justice to his maligned father (or something.)

Matt Collins
04-04-2011, 10:26 AM
Believe I heard Gingrich lined up 56+ Republican reps against Ron also... as Speaker he actively worked to bully/threaten any constitutionalist who wouldn't the party agenda, and they were probably hoping to make an example out of Ron. Fools...

Edit: There is so much history involved in this political struggle... it reminds me of a great saga or something.. with the son being the champion that finally brings justice to his maligned father (or something.)
We got their backs against this clown....

http://www.whowillwinthe2012election.com/wp-content/uploads/newt-clown.jpg

acptulsa
04-04-2011, 10:45 AM

TPTB used a similar rhetoric to get us back into Iraq. How can we use this to kill the Astrotea Party once and for all?