PDA

View Full Version : Terry Jones Is Not Responsible for the Murders of United Nations Workers.

JCLibertarian
04-03-2011, 07:58 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r9gqx0xqBKA&feature=watch_response_rev

Any attempt to blame this irrational violent outburst on a man committing a non-violent act of protest in my opinion is an attempt in my opinion to obfuscate the fact that these UN Workers would have never been killed in the first place if there was no War in Afghanistan to start. There is no justifying a non-violent act of self expression with an act of violent aggression. The people at fault are the leaders who put our men their in the first place and the rabid backwards afghan mob who committed a heinous act of murder.

AlexMerced
04-03-2011, 08:52 PM
My video response to the video above

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4NMwbHC9nwU

qh4dotcom
04-03-2011, 10:51 PM
Pastor Jones:

"We don't feel responsible for that. Of course, that is what they used. Of course that is very obvious and they're actually saying that. But of course Islam, and as we see their history, I believe they will use any excuse and if they don't have an excuse, they will simply use the excuse that America is in Afghanistan, America is involved in Islamic countries and they should get out."

BlackTerrel
04-03-2011, 11:09 PM
The Tehran Times disagrees.

http://www.tehrantimes.com/index_View.asp?code=237877

So you see, when the U.S. government wants to act in a swift, unconstitutionally and in a vengeful way nothing can stop it. Ergo torture, water boarding and rendition as seen in the War on Terror.

The truth is Bradley Manning’s actions have not cost anyone their life but, someone whose actions have triggered a killing spree of mayhem and murder is the American Pastor Terry Jones.

His inexplicable act of burning a copy of the Holy Qur’an has caused a tsunami of revolt among ordinary Afghan people, and with the striking of a single match he has undoubtedly put the life of every U.S. squaddie based over there in danger.

Sadly, I suspect what is unfolding in Afghanistan will be repeated in other sporadic outbreaks of violence in the Muslim world.

Yet no one lifted a single finger to stop this deranged, evil old man from setting fire to a holy book revered by more than a billion Muslims ... a book, by the way that is also hugely respected by countless Christians, Jews and people of other faiths and no faiths.

Now I’m sure some will claim that what he did was an expression of freedom and that he had every right to act in the way he did because America is the “Land of the Free” after all.

If that is the case can someone tell me why U.S. authorities are very quick to act against those who dare to criticize Israel for instance? The University of California at Irvine suspended its Muslim Student Union for a year when members heckled Israel’s Ambassador to the U.S. in February 2010.

Other students and teachers elsewhere in the U.S. have been punished, sacked or suspended for expressing anti-Israeli views or criticisms of the Zionist State.
In fact, if you are too vocal about the evils of Zionism or voice your support for the Palestinians in the west Bank or Gaza, you can expect a home visit from FBI agents.

So if U.S. authorities can jail Bradley Manning and punish him in an obscene way even before his trial, and they can sack, suspend and intimidate U.S. citizens for daring to criticize the Zionist State why did no one act swiftly to rein in the demented pastor?

qh4dotcom
04-03-2011, 11:19 PM
In fact, if you are too vocal about the evils of Zionism or voice your support for the Palestinians in the west Bank or Gaza, you can expect a home visit from FBI agents.

Really?
Great article by the way...the pastor may be morally responsible but he's not legally responsible.

Zippyjuan
04-03-2011, 11:19 PM
Anybody say "blowback"? Freedom of speach is fine but sometimes there are consequences. Even unintended ones.

Maximus
04-03-2011, 11:59 PM
I'm not saying that what this "pastor" did should be illegal, but he's a ****ing idiot.

I blame the media for giving ANY attention to this guy. As such I will change the channel, or not click any stories related to him.

qh4dotcom
04-04-2011, 12:01 AM
I'm not saying that what this "pastor" did should be illegal, but he's a ****ing idiot.

I blame the media for giving ANY attention to this guy. As such I will change the channel, or not click any stories related to him.

The media giving coverage to this pastor should be considered a threat to national security (sarcasm).

qh4dotcom
04-04-2011, 12:03 AM
:)

amy31416
04-04-2011, 12:36 AM
How are people so damned sure that the recent uptick (if that's even true) in violence in Afghanistan is due to the Koran burning? Isn't it more likely that it's due to the release of the pictures of soldiers holding dead Afghani civilians by the hair, in pics celebrating their "kill?"

Showing Afghanis as murderous bastards who kill over a book burning sounds like a bunch of propaganda to me, especially given what's come out recently. Not saying it isn't possible, but it doesn't make much sense given all the horrible things being done to civilians. If I were Taliban and/or Al Qaeda, I doubt I could inspire folks to join me because the Koran was burned, but a picture of the local farmboy being killed/photographed like an animal? Uhhh, yeah--then you might get me to take up arms.

P.S. Lee Doren is a neocon douchebag who doesn't deserve the time of day.

BlackTerrel
04-04-2011, 12:56 AM
Showing Afghanis as murderous bastards who kill over a book burning sounds like a bunch of propaganda to me, especially given what's come out recently. Not saying it isn't possible, but it doesn't make much sense given all the horrible things being done to civilians. If I were Taliban and/or Al Qaeda, I doubt I could inspire folks to join me because the Koran was burned, but a picture of the local farmboy being killed/photographed like an animal? Uhhh, yeah--then you might get me to take up arms.

It's a fallacy to think that everyone the world over is inspired and upset over the same things that you are.

If you don't think there are some Muslims who are upset at their holy book being burned or their prophet being portrayed in cartoon you are being extremely naive.

BlackTerrel
04-04-2011, 12:58 AM
Really?
Great article by the way...the pastor may be morally responsible but he's not legally responsible.

You really thought so?

I actually posted it as an example of the mentality that I dislike:

Yet no one lifted a single finger to stop this deranged, evil old man from setting fire to a holy book revered by more than a billion Muslims ... a book, by the way that is also hugely respected by countless Christians, Jews and people of other faiths and no faiths.

Now I’m sure some will claim that what he did was an expression of freedom and that he had every right to act in the way he did because America is the “Land of the Free” after all.

The article is making the argument that the government should curtail this guys free speech and expression.

amy31416
04-04-2011, 01:05 AM
It's a fallacy to think that everyone the world over is inspired and upset over the same things that you are.

If you don't think there are some Muslims who are upset at their holy book being burned or their prophet being portrayed in cartoon you are being extremely naive.

Yeah, no shit. But to think that the photos of civilians being killed would not be used by the Taliban/Al Qaeda to recruit is frakking stupid (and rather naive).

BlackTerrel
04-04-2011, 01:11 AM
Yeah, no shit. But to think that the photos of civilians being killed would not be used by the Taliban/Al Qaeda to recruit is frakking stupid (and rather naive).

Maybe they have two recruiting methods.

amy31416
04-04-2011, 01:14 AM
Maybe they have two recruiting methods.

Maybe...but why the focus on this wingnut in Florida when it's pretty obvious that there's a really huge, actual problem in our alleged push to win "hearts and minds?"

Perhaps because the media is complicit? Perhaps because it's more convenient to claim that the evil Muslims get all killy over a book burning than US troops killing children and civilians like wild game?

Zippyjuan
04-04-2011, 01:20 AM
Perhaps it is because the people who attacked the UN compound said that what got them so upset was the Koran burning.

tpreitzel
04-04-2011, 01:54 AM
Any attempt to blame this irrational violent outburst on a man committing a non-violent act of protest in my opinion is an attempt in my opinion to obfuscate the fact that these UN Workers would have never been killed in the first place if there was no War in Afghanistan to start. There is no justifying a non-violent act of self expression with an act of violent aggression. The people at fault are the leaders who put our men their in the first place and the rabid backwards afghan mob who committed a heinous act of murder.

Correct. I expressed the same view several days ago. Jones' act was a silly publicity stunt.

vita3
04-04-2011, 03:19 AM
Afghans are revolting mainly because they are being occupied by foreign militaries, who are killing them.

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-503543_162-20047873-503543.html

BlackTerrel
04-04-2011, 08:04 PM
Maybe...but why the focus on this wingnut in Florida when it's pretty obvious that there's a really huge, actual problem in our alleged push to win "hearts and minds?"

Perhaps because the media is complicit?

Perhaps. But then you'd have to say that Iranian and other media in Arab and Muslim countries is complicit as well. Seems like a stretch.

http://www.tehrantimes.com/index_View.asp?code=237877

Perhaps because it's more convenient to claim that the evil Muslims get all killy over a book burning than US troops killing children and civilians like wild game?

Calm down the rhetoric a bit. You're quick to jump to the defense of these guys murdering UN workers but have no problem saying US troops kill children for sport.

I am critical of US government policy as well.

Teaser Rate
04-04-2011, 08:21 PM
How are people so damned sure that the recent uptick (if that's even true) in violence in Afghanistan is due to the Koran burning? Isn't it more likely that it's due to the release of the pictures of soldiers holding dead Afghani civilians by the hair, in pics celebrating their "kill?"

He's clearly not a neocon (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NMTjVqfFuco#t=0m36s).

MelissaWV
04-04-2011, 08:32 PM
Jones is responsible for being an absolute douchebag. He's been a douchebag, unbeknownst to most of you, for many years. He and his douchebag church have said douchebag things for well over a decade, and they've run scam after scam, and tried desperately to make money out of having snazzy facial hair, zero tact, and a whole lot of brimstone-psychic-ability stuff. It's like the Westboro Baptist people, but with fewer followers and no balls (it does, even if you hate them, take a certain blend of balls and stupidity to act like the Westboro folks do). He has talked badly about groups that would overlap until just about everyone in this thread is included, really.

Did you have any idea?

Now, when all the media trucks suddenly showed up when he was going to have his "Burn a Koran Day" event, you knew. That didn't even happen. Now he burned it, and why do you know?

Everyone in this thread could be using a Koran as a seat cushion, and I have no idea. I would only become aware of it if someone felt the need to share. Certainly the Middle East would not become aware until the media ran with the story and sent it zipping around the world.

If these folks are only upset about this book burning, then what upset them last week, or the week before? What upset them 100 years ago, or 1,000? Extremist killers in the Middle East are nothing new. The area's culture and geography and economy blend together to make for a perpetually violent climate. You could move monks into the Middle East and in a few years... war again.

This is just the latest thing to get ticked about. It isn't special, it's just more publicized.

BlackTerrel
04-04-2011, 08:44 PM
Sounds like a swell guy Melissa - must be nice having him as a neighbor :rolleyes:

MelissaWV
04-04-2011, 08:48 PM
Sounds like a swell guy Melissa - must be nice having him as a neighbor :rolleyes:

Not quite a neighbor... just... down the street pretty much. Different neighborhood entirely.

His church is within the subdivision I grew up in :( Place looks really different now as a result of the kookiness. I really, really hate the signs.

doodle
04-04-2011, 09:46 PM

Very astute observation.

Sarah Palin , Florida Pastor and other top US Church leaders had also strongly condemned those "kill team" killings also , unless I'm mistaken.

BTW, Karzai had called for arrest of Florida Pastor and condemned him just before the Afghan riots that led to attacks on UN offices began. Incidentally his cousin was killed in a botched NATO raid few days ago, he had called for foreign troops to leave Afghanistan afterwards.

It is remarkable that such violent protests are only taking place in democratic free Afghanistan and not in hundreds of other sharia ruled muslim countries where we are not spreading democracy, equality and freedom.

BlackTerrel
04-04-2011, 10:22 PM
Not this time. But less than a year ago Afghanistan not the only place to riot because of Koran burning.

Indian forces killed 18 people and injured scores of others in the bloodiest day of violence in the troubled area of Kashmir.

Police were called in when thousands of rioters, chanting 'Down with Koran desecrators' and 'Down with America', attacked a Christian school in one town and buildings in other cities...

...Kashmiri officials also removed a state-run Iranian station from local cable networks that had been fanning the anger by repeatedly broadcasting reports of Koran burnings in the U.S.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/worldnews/article-1311785/Indian-police-kill-18-Kashmir-Koran-burning-riots.html#ixzz1IcSLbpcD

India controlled. Heard about it from Iranian news station. Burned down a Christian school.

Who do we blame for that one?

doodle
04-04-2011, 10:30 PM
Not this time. But less than a year ago Afghanistan not the only place to riot because of Koran burning.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/worldnews/article-1311785/Indian-police-kill-18-Kashmir-Koran-burning-riots.html#ixzz1IcSLbpcD

India controlled. Heard about it from Iranian news station. Burned down a Christian school.

Who did we blame when Condi Rice's Church and other Black churches used to be burnt down in US?

Therein lies part of the answer.

Environment, socio-religio-politico-cultural factors all play a role in evolution of violent behavior to this crude level where it becomes completely irrational. Why muslims in UAE didn't burn but built bigger Churches in recent years? Why muslims/christians in Palestine produce more suicide bombers per capita than other groups?

People in other countries are ahead or behind us be few decades in evolution of modern politically correct conduct in dealing with inner conflicts.

South Park Fan
04-04-2011, 10:57 PM

I'm not saying that Terry Jones didn't play a role, but it is highly likely that India's imperialistic administration of the predominantly Muslim Kashmir might have something to do with it.

doodle
04-04-2011, 11:02 PM
Who did we blame when Condi Rice's Church and other Black churches used to be burnt down in US?

Therein lies part of the answer.

Environment, socio-religio-politico-cultural factors all play a role in evolution of violent behavior to this crude level where it becomes completely irrational. Why muslims in UAE didn't burn but built bigger Churches in recent years? Why muslims/christians in Palestine produce more suicide bombers per capita than other groups?

People in other countries are ahead or behind us be few decades in evolution of modern politically correct conduct in dealing with inner conflicts.

I stand corrected, I meant to ask reasons for bombing of Condi Rice's Church that killed her best friend, nor Churches burnt.

Rice honors little girls killed in Birmingham church bombing ...
Oct 23, 2005 ... 2005-10-23 04:00:00 PST Tuscaloosa, Ala. -- the Birmingham church bombing that killed four little girls and inflamed ...
articles.sfgate.com/.../17396916_1_birmingham-civil-rights-institute-church-bombing-state-

Blackterrel, I know you are not always in habit of engaging in a two way debate and answer questions posed but I'm curious how would you answer this question to get some idea of your thought procress.

If we are only 40 years ahead of Afghanistan - the global cave dwelling - we have ways to go.

puppetmaster
04-04-2011, 11:17 PM
Anybody say "blowback"? Freedom of speach is fine but sometimes there are consequences. Even unintended ones.

This is blowback for blowback, all of this has been brought to a head by a very flawed foriegn policy

EndDaFed
04-04-2011, 11:29 PM

He's a neocon. He was on Free Talk Live and talked about how he was for the wars. It also didn't help his credibility when he became a spokeshole for AEI a neocon think tank.

tangent4ronpaul
04-04-2011, 11:31 PM
If this idiot pastor is still alive in a month, I think we can all rest assured that the fear mongering about Islamic terror cells in the US has been "slightly" overblown...

doodle
04-04-2011, 11:44 PM

Not all leftists who convert to conservatism are neocons but many are. If he not a neocon, he is mentally absent. Anyone who sees Israeli oppression and crimes against unarmed palestinians as "reasonable" is mentally unreaonable or a religious fanatic.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ks2Jk0oViFU

BlackTerrel
04-05-2011, 12:40 AM

The people who burned the Churches.

BlackTerrel
04-05-2011, 12:43 AM
I'm not saying that Terry Jones didn't play a role, but it is highly likely that India's imperialistic administration of the predominantly Muslim Kashmir might have something to do with it.

1. India oppresses predominately Muslim Kashmir.

2. Muslims in Kashmir attack and burn down a Christian school.

2 doesn't really follow 1.

acptulsa
04-05-2011, 12:53 PM
Jones is responsible for being an absolute douchebag. He's been a douchebag, unbeknownst to most of you, for many years. He and his douchebag church have said douchebag things for well over a decade, and they've run scam after scam, and tried desperately to make money out of having snazzy facial hair, zero tact, and a whole lot of brimstone-psychic-ability stuff. It's like the Westboro Baptist people, but with fewer followers and no balls (it does, even if you hate them, take a certain blend of balls and stupidity to act like the Westboro folks do). He has talked badly about groups that would overlap until just about everyone in this thread is included, really.

If he didn't have the title of Baptist Minister, the amount of attention the media would pay to him is approximately zero. And he could burn all the copies of the book he could afford, without causing any problem whatsoever. Now, I don't know if the fact that people are fascinated with Pastors Behaving Badly justifies the press in pointing cameras at him or not. But I think that if we were ready for a voluntaryist civilization, these idiots would exist in a vacuum.

Vessol
04-05-2011, 01:05 PM

This was my thoughts as well as I watched the protests. The media is trying its best to hide those pictures and videos from America. What would be the best way to report a protest over that then reporting it as a protest over a stupid koran being burned.

doodle
04-05-2011, 01:09 PM
The people who burned the Churches.

2. Muslims in Kashmir attack and burn down a Christian school.

That is very interesting. In one case of violelnce, you are not stereo typing and do not use religious or racial identiy like "white christians" or "whites" to describe people who bombed a "black church".

In other case, you are stereo typing and using a religious identity and instead of saying "the people" who burnt the school, you are using the term "muslims".

Is this difference in stereo typing deliberate or instinctive?

Terms like "the muslims", "the jews" or "the arabs" are more common in places like mideast/Israel where a whole population segmenrs have been abused/conditioned to group think and you would see that mindset displayed by some muslims/jewish/mideasterners run sites even in America like wnd, CAIR,ynetnews, Drudge report, hotair etc but really should not be encouraged in America. Such group think often indicates a laerned group prejudice as a dfense mecahnsism.

Vessol
04-05-2011, 01:12 PM
That is very interesting. In one case of violelnce, you are not stereo typing and do not use religious or racial identiy like "white christians" or "whites" to describe people who bombed a "black church".

In other case, you are stereo typing and using a religious identity and instead of saying "the people" who burnt the school, you are using the term "muslims".

Terms like "the muslims", "the jews" or "the arabs" are more common in places like mideast/Israel where a whole population segmenrs have been abused/conditioned to group think and you would see that mindset displayed by some muslims/jewish/mideasterners run sites even in America like wnd, CAIR,ynetnews, Drudge report, hotair etc but really should not be encouraged in America. Such group think often indicates a laerned group prejudice as a dfense mecahnsism.

Now you're just trolling and flame-baiting.

doodle
04-05-2011, 01:14 PM
Can you be spacific, which part you find objectionable? There are few different thoughts in that post.

The part about some mideastern/minority run sites in America showing group think tendency?

RyanRSheets
04-05-2011, 01:21 PM
The only person ever responsible for a murder is the murderer, but that doesn't mean Terry Jones didn't instigate. He was like a child swatting at a bee's nest. He didn't kill anyone, nor did he call for anyone to be killed, but he did strengthen the resolve of murderers. Putting some blame on him is appropriate, because he was warned what his actions would cause, and he did it anyhow. Burning books is a childish, stupid action. His way will never mend things.

Vessol
04-05-2011, 01:28 PM
Can you be spacific, which part you find objectionable? There are few different thoughts in that post.

The part about some mideastern/minority run sites in America showing group think tendency?

Terrel posted quite simply that the Christian school that was burned down in India was burned down by Muslims. Muslims in Kashmir have a long time hatred of Hindu's and Christians as well, much of it has to do with the fact that India has repressed them heavily.

It goes back even further to the British purposefully pushing the two factions apart and pitting them against each other to try to maintain control.

doodle
04-05-2011, 01:35 PM
Terrel posted quite simply that the Christian school that was burned down in India was burned down by Muslims. Muslims in Kashmir have a long time hatred of Hindu's and Christians as well, much of it has to do with the fact that India has repressed them heavily.

It goes back even further to the British purposefully pushing the two factions apart and pitting them against each other to try to maintain control.

The events are not being questioned but terminology used to describe them if you read the whole post, although stats show Christians in India have most attacks coming from fundamentalist hindu segment but that's besides the point here. If you are in agreement with BlackTerrel , care to answer this question posed to him?

Theocrat
04-05-2011, 04:00 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r9gqx0xqBKA&feature=watch_response_rev

I agree. I think the main issues are the U.S.'s invasion and occupation of their homelands which incite their aggression towards innocent targets. The real culprit behind those violent Muslims even knowing about a Qu'ran being burned is the mainstream media. If they didn't report on it, thus, making it the focus of news on national and global levels, then Muslims overseas wouldn't even know about pastors like Terry Jones who (unwisely) burn Qu'rans, in the first place. The media could simply choose to ignore such expressions of speech in America and focus their cameras elsewhere.

MelissaWV
04-05-2011, 04:01 PM
If he didn't have the title of Baptist Minister, the amount of attention the media would pay to him is approximately zero. And he could burn all the copies of the book he could afford, without causing any problem whatsoever. Now, I don't know if the fact that people are fascinated with Pastors Behaving Badly justifies the press in pointing cameras at him or not. But I think that if we were ready for a voluntaryist civilization, these idiots would exist in a vacuum.

He seriously has been doing this for years, and he was a "Baptist Minister" then, too. It's just the new pet issue.

BlackTerrel
04-05-2011, 08:27 PM

The guy I referred to addresses oppression of "Muslim majority Kashmir" so I responded about "Muslim majority Kashmir". Not sure if that answers your question because your posts generally confuse me.

BlackTerrel
04-05-2011, 08:27 PM
The only person ever responsible for a murder is the murderer, but that doesn't mean Terry Jones didn't instigate. He was like a child swatting at a bee's nest. He didn't kill anyone, nor did he call for anyone to be killed, but he did strengthen the resolve of murderers. Putting some blame on him is appropriate, because he was warned what his actions would cause, and he did it anyhow. Burning books is a childish, stupid action. His way will never mend things.

I agree this dude is an idiot.

BlackTerrel
04-05-2011, 08:30 PM
I agree. I think the main issues are the U.S.'s invasion and occupation of their homelands which incite their aggression towards innocent targets. The real culprit behind those violent Muslims even knowing about a Qu'ran being burned is the mainstream media. If they didn't report on it, thus, making it the focus of news on national and global levels, then Muslims overseas wouldn't even know about pastors like Terry Jones who (unwisely) burn Qu'rans, in the first place. The media could simply choose to ignore such expressions of speech in America and focus their cameras elsewhere.

While the US media covered this six months ago (when Jones didn't burn the Quran). I am pretty sure they did not cover his burning of the Quran a couple weeks ago (which is what the protests were about). I at least didn't hear anything of it nor did I see anything about it posted on these forums.

What brought it to peoples attention was Pres of Afghanistan talking about it in a speech and I believe coverage in Iranian press.