PDA

View Full Version : Rand on Ron: "He's leaning in the direction of running."

malkusm
04-03-2011, 07:34 PM
http://www.desmoinesregister.com/article/20110403/NEWS09/104030334/-1/mobile/Paul-bid-wouldn-t-get-snub-time-son-says

"I've told people that I will consider it if he doesn't run, but I think my guess is he's leaning in the direction of running," Rand Paul told The Des Moines Register in an interview in Ames. "But I can't, and don't, speak for him."

The Pauls live together in Washington, D.C., but haven't yet defined their roles in the presidential race, the son said.

"He's got a lot of friends in Iowa. He's got a lot of friends in New Hampshire. He seems to be traveling to these states," the son said. "You know, I'm here, but I think I've seen him here a few more times than me. I sense that he might be interested in running again, but I don't know what's going to happen. I literally don't. He's not told me one way or another."

malkusm
04-03-2011, 07:42 PM
The rest of the article is really good as well. Gives me a lot of hope regarding a Ron Paul 2012 run. :)

Former state Sen. Jeff Angelo said he suspects Ron Paul will make another stab at the presidency - and will be far better received.

"The last time Ron ran, people said, 'That gentleman's really outside the mainstream.' But now, with the general concern with the growth in government spending, he's starting to sound more and more right all the time."

"Now we're in Libya, and suddenly Ron Paul doesn't look so crazy anymore," Angelo said after he purchased Rand Paul's book "The Tea Party Goes to Washington." "More and more people say, 'That guy's right. I'm really tired of us intervening when there's no American interest.' "

Cowlesy
04-03-2011, 07:42 PM
Straight awesome article.

FSP-Rebel
04-03-2011, 09:19 PM
Word

Legend1104
04-03-2011, 09:27 PM
I think, save a collapse of the dollar, now is one of the best chances he will ever have to win.

speciallyblend
04-03-2011, 09:27 PM
Paul/Johnson 2012!!!!

Sola_Fide
04-03-2011, 10:31 PM
Great article.