PDA

View Full Version : Which candidate do you want the most to run in 2012?

low preference guy
04-03-2011, 06:52 PM
Please state who you support if you chose 'Other'.

BuddyRey
04-03-2011, 07:36 PM
I'd actively support any of the three (and include fantasy picks like Tom Woods and Mary Ruwart), but I'd be most excited and "activated" by another Ron Paul run. I still don't know why I prefer him so much to the others; he just speaks to my heart and mind in a way nobody else has.

Icymudpuppy
04-03-2011, 07:39 PM
I voted other for "ALL OF THE ABOVE".

I still think a strategy of saturation with liberty candidates early on with a coordinated drop-out/endorsement right before the first primary will yield the best results.

Critics of this plan point to spreading out the funds.

Money wasn't our problem last time. It was getting a word in edgewise. I think 3 candidates will not have any trouble getting enough money. Especially if they are working together with a plan for ads that spread the message of liberty with candidate neutral ads, and attack the Neocons, rather than ads that do mostly name recognition. Name recognition will be easy, and the job of us grassroots.

Anti Federalist
04-03-2011, 07:44 PM
"Ron Paul or none at all", heh.

BuddyRey
04-03-2011, 09:18 PM
"Ron Paul or none at all", heh.

Great 2012 slogan!

Aratus
04-04-2011, 09:18 AM
several of the above is very
not an option, sadly enough

kahless
04-04-2011, 09:36 AM
I see Gary Johnson's name come up here quite a bit so have been trying to research his voting record. I see so much hype but have difficulty trying to search his actual voting record. This was disconcerting.

Project Vote Smart
http://www.votesmart.org/npat.php?can_id=22377
- Deny or suspend state-issued permits and licenses to parents who are delinquent in paying court-ordered child support.
- Support the current limit defining drunk driving at .08 blood alcohol content.
- Increase funding for: Education (K-12), Healthcare and Law Enforcement.

I also found this.
http://reason.com/archives/2001/01/01/americas-most-dangerous-politi/5

Johnson: No question. Being governor of a state gives you enormous ability to do just that. I think we have moved the needle in the right direction. I’ll be honest with you about where I think we have moved the needle the least. It’s probably in the welfare reform areas, in getting a handle on child support. I don’t think I have done anything to move the needle on education in New Mexico other than funding by about $500 million more.

What actually did he do? Is this the Tommy Thompson/Newt Gingrich crap that gives incentives for people to divorce and one to be a slave to the other through draconian lifestyle child support slavery and punishment?

How can people consider him Libertarian leaning when he is getting involved in family life and spending more on Education?

silentshout
04-04-2011, 09:59 AM
Ron Paul but I would vote for Johnson or rand. I prefer the original though :)

Lucille
04-04-2011, 10:10 AM
I'd vote for Johnson if Ron didn't run. It's too soon for Rand to run!

po14015
04-04-2011, 10:28 AM
What is the name of this forum :-)

We have 9 months. Which of these choices do people have to think about before supporting? And which one do you just start doing.

Ron Paul through us already has all the campaign material (and some other great people on here with unique sites):
RonPaulProducts.com
http://www.ronpaulproducts.com/.

And I am getting some of the grassroots organization setup:
RonPaulDebate.com
RonPaulFlorida.com (up in the next few days which we are hoping to get precinct lists to everyone in Florida)

And then there is Campaign For Liberty.

The problem I think most people have is that they see 2012, and they do not realize it really is a 2011 election.