PDA

View Full Version : Rand Paul Embarrasses Harry Reid

sailingaway
04-03-2011, 12:17 PM
http://conservativebyte.com/2011/04/rand-paul-embarrasses-harry-reid/

It is a conservative blog, but from the comments, um, not one of ours. So this stance Rand is taking is receiving support outside our circles, amongst conservatives, which is excellent. And even if it benefits from the red team/blue team dynamic, it is still great to see.

Stary Hickory
04-03-2011, 12:38 PM
Rand can take the POTUS in 2012. I am sure of it. I have been on this bandwagon from before he even won his Senate seat. He has been running for president from the very beginning.

anaconda
04-03-2011, 12:57 PM
Rand can take the POTUS in 2012. I am sure of it. I have been on this bandwagon from before he even won his Senate seat. He has been running for president from the very beginning.

Here is something to consider. If Rand runs, Ron could still threaten to run as a third party candidate if the People have to go into the general election voting booth with no real conservative choice. In other words, if the GOP does not get behind Rand and they give the nomination to some neocon RHINO, Ron jumps in and plays spoiler to the GOP. This threat might force the GOP's hand.

sailingaway
04-03-2011, 02:27 PM
I disagree with forcing of the approaches above and think people are getting ticked off at RAND because of this kind of talk, which I find very sad, since Rand isn't the one spinning it.

And we all know Ron won't run third party period. That is the reason a ton of us are in the GOP.

acptulsa
04-03-2011, 02:30 PM
Agreed. Rand isn't that arrogant and Ron wouldn't care to be associated with something that devious. He didn't get where he is by actually being the Republican Infiltrator they pretend he is.

Matt Collins
04-03-2011, 10:35 PM
Great write-up about it here:
http://hotair.com/archives/2011/04/01/bad-news-rand-paul-outsmarts-embarrasses-slow-witted-democrat/

anaconda
04-04-2011, 02:59 AM
Agreed. Rand isn't that arrogant and Ron wouldn't care to be associated with something that devious. He didn't get where he is by actually being the Republican Infiltrator they pretend he is.

The sanctity of party thing baffles and amuses me. Who cares? Abraham Lincoln switched parties to get elected POTUS so there is definitely precedence and it is also perhaps worth mentioning that the party he switched to grew in stature thereafter. And the idea that a strategy to get elected amidst a sea of corruption is branded as "devious" is just downright silly. What gives here?

american.swan
04-04-2011, 03:58 AM
The comments are funny (OP link). They all seem to want to impeach Obama. Clinton WAS impeached. The Senate didn't convict him. Same thing would happen here. The Senate doesn't have the votes to convict and what % is needed in the house to impeach him?

I think impeachment won't help the GOP at this point. I can just imagine, minutes before the US government is shut down the house passes impeachment and the Senate is forced to hold trial while the government is shut down. LOL

LibertyEagle
04-04-2011, 05:48 AM
Here is something to consider. If Rand runs, Ron could still threaten to run as a third party candidate if the People have to go into the general election voting booth with no real conservative choice. In other words, if the GOP does not get behind Rand and they give the nomination to some neocon RHINO, Ron jumps in and plays spoiler to the GOP. This threat might force the GOP's hand.

When you say, GOP, are you talking about the voters, or are you talking about the machinery at the top of the Republican party? Because if it is the latter, they don't really care so much that the Republican candidate wins, but that the candidate who furthers their agenda, wins. That certainly will not include the Pauls. Both the Democratic party and the Republican party will have candidates in it that further the very same world government agenda.

S.Shorland
04-04-2011, 06:00 AM
If the result is a Libertarian leaning president in your country,I don't care what treading on toes or precedents it requires as long as it doesn't involve anything unconstitutional or would threaten individual liberty/rights in a meaningful way.I think Ron,Rand and Johnson should run as how can something not be 'mainstream' when three candidates are espousing it.

S.Shorland
04-04-2011, 06:22 AM
By the comments,I would say 'conservativebyte' is a testing ground for 'cyber people' algorhythms.

anaconda
04-04-2011, 01:26 PM
When you say, GOP, are you talking about the voters, or are you talking about the machinery at the top of the Republican party? Because if it is the latter, they don't really care so much that the Republican candidate wins, but that the candidate who furthers their agenda, wins. That certainly will not include the Pauls. Both the Democratic party and the Republican party will have candidates in it that further the very same world government agenda.

Sorry, I meant the RNC and all of the party leadership and endorsements from congress members, etc. Twist their arm with the specter of a Ron Paul acceptance of the Libertarian nomination if they promote and nominate a RINO. They will be defecating in their pants.

anaconda
04-04-2011, 01:27 PM
If the result is a Libertarian leaning president in your country,I don't care what treading on toes or precedents it requires as long as it doesn't involve anything unconstitutional or would threaten individual liberty/rights in a meaningful way.I think Ron,Rand and Johnson should run as how can something not be 'mainstream' when three candidates are espousing it.

^This.