PDA

View Full Version : Miami Network Reporter Arrested

Bryan
10-25-2007, 12:55 AM
Another part of the new America...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VPPAwo3_7d0

qsecofr
10-25-2007, 01:10 AM
Wow, the police are getting pretty brazen. Before I get too outraged is there any precedence for this sorta thing?

beerista
10-25-2007, 01:18 AM
Wow, the police are getting pretty brazen. Before I get too outraged is there any precedence for this sorta thing?
If it happens all the time that makes it okay? I think a precedent for this would make me more outraged, not less.

qsecofr
10-25-2007, 01:50 AM
Not that it would make it okay, I guess I'm looking for context because half the time we only get one side of the story. There were a lot of officers and people around which makes me wonder if there was some sorta of crowd control effort going on and the reporter was making it difficult to maintain order. If it was a legitimate effort to maintain order and the reporter was distracting or detracting from that effort it would IMHO be justified.

I've seen a few reporters in action and most are there to get a story... period.

Abobo
10-25-2007, 01:51 AM
.... Did they say at the end he was in part charged with resisting arrest? So, explaining that you're not breaking the law and wanting an explanation is now resisting arrest?

"schoolboard police", I wonder if they are like mall cops.

kimosabi
10-25-2007, 02:03 AM
Why is it that the big, fat, constipated cops that have the worst attitude...

freelance
10-25-2007, 02:13 AM
They passed that domestic terrorist bill yesterday. How long until they build a list of domestic terrorist journalists. This is beyond the pale...