PDA

View Full Version : Drug databases

tangent4ronpaul
04-02-2011, 08:22 PM
http://www.baltimoresun.com/health/bs-hs-prescription-drugs-20110330,0,1122265.story

Similar steps are being taken across the nation as prescription painkillers, stimulants and depressants have become the most widely abused drugs behind marijuana. More than 6,000 Americans a day now abuse a pain reliever for the first time.

lets see... 300 M / 6 Thousand = 50 Thousand / 365 = 137...

So if I got my math right, within an average lifetime fully half of the population will at least start abusing painkillers. Do you believe that?

it continues....

That tool is a monitoring system that would require pharmacies to log each filled prescription in a database, allowing prescribers in doctors' offices, emergency rooms or urgent care facilities to check before writing prescriptions for the same medications.

Officials expect the 2011 General Assembly to pass legislation to create the system, which would be funded by $344,000 in federal dollars in the next fiscal year and more after that. Just six other states and the District of Columbia lack a monitoring program, according to the National Alliance for Model State Drug Laws, a congressionally created commission that has helped states develop the systems since 2003. All other states have an operational program or are in the process of implementing one.

While ignoring the underlying cause of abuse, we get uber tracking and a system that will employ state bureaucrats, while imposing an unfunded mandate on pharmacies, etc. who will raise prices and pass the costs onto the consumer. All to keep you safe - awwwww! How sweet of the nanny state to care for us.

Oh, and for all 50 states, that should just cost 17 Million a year stolen from us with an effect of driving up price far in excess of the price of the program. But hay, look at the bright side - the pharmacies, etc will probably have to hire an additional paper pusher to keep up with the record keeping requirements. YEAH JOB CREATION!

Oh, and this is state based... lemme see, how many states can I get into in about an hour: DE, NJ, PA, OH, WV, VA and DC. Seven. That list would be longer if I flew. I can see that this will work really well!

Of course, Obamacare had that uber-stazi medical records spying thing in it and you can bet these databases will go straight to the feds in time, and the DEA and FDA in particular for data mining...

Isn't it great how the state takes care of you! :rolleyes:

Did it occur to any of these brain children that Dr. Hopping was probably the most expensive way to get Rx drugs and most are unused and sold on the street or stolen from medicine cabinets. That this system will most likely result in more pharmacies getting robbed? etc.

gggggeeeeerrrrr! :mad:

-t