PDA

View Full Version : Chuck Baldwin: The Bureacracies That Marijuana Feeds

Sola_Fide
04-02-2011, 01:58 PM
Chuck has great insight. He is an asset to the Liberty community.

Notice carefully what the Constitution says: “This Constitution, and the Laws of the United States WHICH SHALL BE MADE IN PURSUANCE THEREOF . . . shall be the supreme Law of the Land.” (Emphasis added)

This means that any federal law that is NOT “made in Pursuance thereof” or otherwise does not comport with the Constitution is NOT the “supreme Law of the Land.”

Furthermore, it is the states that are the final authority over what is and is not lawful within their respective borders! This is the clear understanding of America’s founders, including Thomas Jefferson and response to the egregiously unconstitutional Alien and Sedition Acts. In the next place, the Tenth Amendment to the Constitution plainly states, “The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the States, are reserved to the States respectively, or to the people.”

And nowhere does the US Constitution assign local and State law enforcement responsibility to the federal government. Nowhere! Meaning: law enforcement is clearly and plainly the responsibility of State and local government–not the federal government! Pray tell, what are states doing, when they submit to the usurpation of State power and authority by accompanying and facilitating federal encroachment, be it the enforcement of marijuana laws–or any other laws, for that matter? Accordingly, Montana’s Attorney General Steve Bullock should be removed from office for allowing the citizens of Montana to be subjected to this federal overreach!

But there is much more at stake here than the alleged misuse of medical marijuana! The feds’“war on drugs” has inflicted as much damage to constitutional governance and individual liberty than just about anything I can think of. At this point, my constitutional attorney son, Tim Baldwin, picks up the column. For almost 100 years in the United States, countless resources have been spent feeding–oops–I mean, “fighting” the “war on drugs”, specifically marijuana. Before that time, marijuana was largely acceptable and viewed as inherently valuable throughout the world. Today, medical science seems to support its use for certain purposes–not to mention whatever social uses for which some may advocate its use. However, since 1937, Congress has deemed that marijuana has absolutely no medical benefit and purpose and made anyone who possesses it subject to extreme criminal penalty. The history behind Congress’ enactment is quite suspect, and the“war on marijuana” deserves objective attention. Despite Congress’ labeling marijuana as a dangerous drug without any medical use and with a high potential for abuse, fifteen states in the union (the last I looked) have declared otherwise. So, what insistent force keeps Congress from removing marijuana from CSA’s Schedule 1?

www.chuckbaldwinlive.com