PDA

View Full Version : Another Teacher in Hot Water Over Facebook Post

Anti Federalist
04-02-2011, 12:35 PM
Another dipshit who thinks barfing out every single thing that crosses her mind to a public 'net profile, with her real name and photos, won't bite her ass at some time.

We don't need thought police, we do it to ourselves just fine.

FFS...

Another Teacher in Hot Water Over Facebook Post

http://www.newser.com/story/115480/new-jersey-teacher-suspended-after-calling-students-future-criminals-on-facebook.html

(Newser) – Attention Facebook users, and especially teachers: When you post something, please try to remember other people can read it. For one first-grade teacher in Patterson, New Jersey, the obvious warning did not come soon enough. She gave the entire community an uncensored look into her innermost thoughts when she wrote on her page that she felt like a "warden" watching over a class of "future criminals," reports WPIX-11.

The teacher has been placed on paid administrative leave while the district conducts an investigation, but her absence isn't doing much to ease parents' anger. "I can't believe she says something like that, for the world to see, and she's now on a paid vacation," said one mother. "I will yank my son out of here if she comes back," said another. Just yesterday, we learned about a Chicago teacher in trouble for mocking a 7-year-old's hair in a post. Click for that.

Sola_Fide
04-02-2011, 12:39 PM
She gave the entire community an uncensored look into her innermost thoughts when she wrote on her page that she felt like a "warden" watching over a class of "future criminals"

Well, she pretty much aptly described state-education in my opinion.

thedude
04-02-2011, 12:40 PM
I see dumb people

Anti Federalist
04-02-2011, 12:44 PM

Can't argue with that.

My reason for posting was more to add another plank to my anti - mypagelinkedbookspace bias platform.

People just throwing every detail of their life up into the "cloud" then acting dumbfounded when it comes back to destroy them, because all along they thought "I've got nothing to hide, I'm doing nothing wrong, you privacy paranoiacs are weird".

We're all doing something wrong sister, that's why privacy is so important.

Sola_Fide
04-02-2011, 01:03 PM
Can't argue with that.

My reason for posting was more to add another plank to my anti - mypagelinkedbookspace bias platform.

People just throwing every detail of their life up into the "cloud" then acting dumbfounded when it comes back to destroy them, because all along they thought "I've got nothing to hide, I'm doing nothing wrong, you privacy paranoiacs are weird".

We're all doing something wrong sister, that's why privacy is so important.

For sure.^^^

specsaregood
04-02-2011, 01:06 PM
Another dipshit who thinks barfing out every single thing that crosses her mind to a public 'net profile, with her real name and photos, won't bite her ass at some time.

She's on paid vacation, I wish I could have that kind of bite on my ass some time. I predict she won't be fired.

Pericles
04-02-2011, 01:09 PM
I see dumb people

who occasionally get what they deserve.

acptulsa
04-02-2011, 01:15 PM
It really isn't that hard a concept. If you wouldn't announce it from your front porch through a megaphone, don't type it.

acptulsa
04-02-2011, 01:16 PM
It's like all the internet users are in China or something.

Anyone here blogging from China?

heavenlyboy34
04-02-2011, 01:41 PM
It's bizarre to me that people use their real names and info on those social sites. :eek: It defies common sense! /facepalm I have a facebook page to keep in touch with friends, but I have no real info on it, and no pictures of me or any real people.

Carehn
04-02-2011, 01:43 PM

Spot on!!!

ItsTime
04-02-2011, 01:44 PM
Guess the truth does hurt.